Arranged To Marry A Devil | 1...

By TheNerdyWriter1982

Ganessa Russo was part of a conspiracy since the day she was born, she just didn't know about it. Betrothed... More

Disclaimer
Prologue and Characters
Chapter 1 - Hoodwinked
Chapter 2 - Bamboozled
Chapter 3 - Cabo San Lucas
Chapter 4 - Deceived
Chapter 5 - Alias
Chapter 6 - Jetsetting
Chapter 7 - Georgio Corvello
Chapter 8 - Sightseeing
Capter 9 - The Farce Begins
Chapter 10 - Roomies
Chapter 11 - White and chocolate don't mix
Chapter 12 - Knee deep in trouble
Chapter 13 - It was just a kiss
Chapter 14 - Paradise
Chapter 15 - Great a hurricane
Chapter 16 - Aftermath
Chapter 17 - Swimming with the fishes
Chapter 18 - Crazy Old Bat, I like her
Chapter 19 - Thanksgiving
Chapter 21 - From Bad to Worse
Chapter 22 - Don't Shoot
Chapter 23 - The Truth Shall Set You Free
Chapter 24 - Saying Goodbye
Chapter 25 - Letting Go
Chapter 26 - A Wedding Worth Waiting For
Chapter 27 - Not Again
Chapter 28 - The Waiting Game
Chapter 29 - Bittersweet Goodbyes

Chapter 20 - I'm not a lumberjack

837 30 2
By TheNerdyWriter1982

Wind howling outside of the window the following morning had successfully woken me up. I realized that I was under the covers with my shoes off, wrapped in Giovanni's arms. My head was rested on his chest and I could hear the gentle thumping of his heart and his slow breathing. It surprised me how comfortable I felt like this and how much I actually liked it. However, I couldn't let myself enjoy this. This was bad. If I let myself fall, it would be that much harder to get myself out of this already messy and very sticky situation I had put myself in. Slowly, I managed to untangle myself from Gio, slide out of the bed and then I made a beeline to the bathroom to do my business before heading downstairs to the kitchen for a much needed cup of coffee.

Georgio and Gabby were already awake and sitting in the dining room talking and drinking coffee as I strolled past them to get to the kitchen. "Good morning," they both greeted me in unison. Smiling, I greeted them back before going into the kitchen to get my coffee.

As I headed back out to join them at the table Gabby asked, "Ganessa, would you like to help me with breakfast?" 

I was pretty sure that no one could refuse a request from Gabby, she was just too sweet and loveable. "I'd love to, just let me have my liquid motivation first," I replied with a grin, making the older woman chuckle and nod her okay.

After we finished our coffee, Gabby and I headed into the kitchen to make up a hearty breakfast for everyone. "Pop, a big snowstorm is coming. You, Angelo and Grams should go into town to do some shopping for food and supplies," Gio announced as he headed into the kitchen with us for some coffee of his own. "Me, Drake and Ganessa will go and chop down a few trees," he then stated, making me question his sanity.

Last time I checked, I was not a lumberjack. Nor was I partial to exposing myself to negative degree weather for some trees.

Chopping trees was not something I ever wanted to do and add to the fact that it was freezing outside? Nope, I wasn't too sold on going out on that adventure. "Shouldn't Angelo go with you and I go with your dad and grams," I then asked with a raised brow. "I'm not really into the whole lumberjacking scene," I added as I flipped some sausage in the pan and left it to cook. "Plus, I would love to keep all my appendages on my body and not lose something to frostbite," I added as I moved over to the coffee pot began getting ready to make another pot of hot coffee to emphasize my point.

Gio walked over and kissed my cheek with a chuckle. "I figured you'd want to pick out the Christmas tree for this year," he replied before turning his attention to the coffee pot and pouring himself the rest of the first batch of coffee.

That simple statement had changed my view on everything. My eyes widened and my mouth fell open into an 'O'. "I've never had a real tree," I finally exclaimed in complete and utter excitement. "Yes, I'll go for sure," I added, making Gabby chuckle beside me.

Gio smiled softly as he winked at me and left with his coffee. "Dress very warmly and don't let them make you chop wood, it's hard work," Gabby stated as we finished up cooking and began to put the food into serving dishes before we brought them out to the table.

After a filling breakfast, we all headed off in our separate ways. We bid goodbye to the others as we headed into the woods in search of the perfect tree. The ground was still laiden with snow from the previous night and the air was downright freezing, making me quickly second guess this whole endeavor. Sure, I was bundled head to toe and thankful for it, but the clouds above made the temperature drop to downright frigid, and the frozen wind nipped harshly at our exposed skin. "We need firewood and a Christmas tree," Gio then announced as he looked up at the sky. "And we better make it quick too, because the storm seems to be moving faster than we had anticipated," he added, making me nervous to even be out here.

As I walked around and hunted for the perfect tree, the boys began chopping down trees for fire wood. They made trips back and forth to the house with the wheelbarrow, while I stayed close so I didn't get lost. I made sure the cabin was always in sight, because I had no real sense of direction. "This is the one," I finally told Gio as I pointed to the beautiful tree I was currently standing in front of. It was relatively short in comparison to most of the trees around it, but it was perfect to me.

Gio looked at the tree, studying it, and I could tell it wasn't exactly the tree he was expecting. "Alright Princess, if this is the one you want, this is the one you'll get," he replied with a chuckle as he began chopping away at the base of the tree.

Soon after he had gotten the tree chopped down, Georgio and Angelo had arrived and joined us as they helped chop even more firewood. "Okay, why do we need so much wood for just a snowstorm," I asked as I hopped around for warmth. Clearly I didn't know much about snowstorms, because I lived in a desert climate my whole life, but I was sure there was such a thing as overkill with firewood.

All of the men gave me curious looks, as if I had ten heads and just breathed out fire. "It could turn into a blizzard and if we lose power, we'll be definitely needing it for warmth and cooking. We have a generator, but we would rather be on the safe side than the sorry side," Georgio then replied as he hauled some wood off towards the cabin.

At this point I began blowing into my gloved hands while dancing around to keep my blood flowing, I read somewhere that you should always stay moving in freezing temperatures, although I was definitely not moving as quickly as I would have liked to. "Good plan then," I replied through chattering teeth as Gio looked over at me.

Gio then came over to me and rubbed my arms over my jacket. "Go ahead inside, Princess. We've got this," he then said with a crooked smile. I would have argued, but I was frozen to the bone. With a nod, I kissed his cheek before heading back to the cabin as fast as my feet would carry me.

Gabriella greeted me with a mug of hot chocolate as soon as I stepped inside of the door. "You poor dear, you're frozen to the bone," she stated as she ushered me over to the fireplace and plopped me into a big cozy chair right in front of the fire.

"T-Thank you," I stammered through chattering teeth. Now that the heat had hit me, my body was thawing and it physically hurt, my teeth chattered violently and my body shook without ceasing. My wet clothes weren't helping matters any, but I did not have the energy to go upstairs and change.

As we sat by the fire, the wind outside began to howl more fiercely and I started to get worried, since none of the boys had returned yet. "I should go see if they're okay," I said through still chattering teeth as I stood up.

I should have known that Gabriella wouldn't allow that. "I'll hear none of that business, you go and get yourself into a hot bath straight away and then put on the warmest pajamas you own," Gabriella chided as I sneezed into my arm.

I wanted to oppose, but she left no room for arguement. With one fleeting look outside, I headed upstairs and got ready for a long hot bath. My body shivered violently as I dunked into the warm water and I sneezed again several times. "Ugh, I hope I didn't get a cold from getting Christmas tree," I muttered to myself as I heard the bedroom door open.

A moment later Gio was in the doorway of the bathroom, leaning against the doorframe, giving me a very concerned look. "Are you alright? Grams says it's sounding like you caught a cold," he stated and I could hear the guilt in his voice.

I didn't even have the energy to rearrange my bubbles over my body. "I'll be fine, are you okay," I asked as I slowly moved to flip onto my stomach so I could look at him properly. "I was getting worried," I admitted softly.

A crooked smile played on his lips as he moved over to the tub before he knelt down beside it. "I'm fine," he stated softly as he brushed some hair from my face. "I'm going to make you some soup and tea after lighting the fireplace in here," he then said before kissing my forehead and standing up. "Be back soon," he added before leaving the bathroom.

The way he looked at me and touched me sent shocks through me and it took a moment for me to recover from them. After a few more minutes of relaxing in the hot water and letting myself thaw, I had finally gotten out and quickly dressed in my warmest pajamas before climbing into the bed. Gio had added a heated blanket to the bed, which made me smile. He did care. "Alright, Princess. We've got hot English tea and chicken noodle soup," Gio then announced as he came back into the room carrying a tray.

They were all being so kind and it made me feel worse than I already did. "Really, this isn't necessary," I stated before another sneezing fit assaulted me.

Gio rolled his eyes as he looked at me. "Indulge me," he then replied as he put the tray down and then hurried to change out of his own clothes. Chuckling to myself I began to eat the soup, which actually warmed me all the way to my soul. "Do you need anything else," Gio then asked as he returned wearing flannel pajamas.

Smiling softly at him, I patted the spot beside me on the bed. "I could use some company," I then said before sneezing again. "I also didn't know you actually owned pajamas," I said before grabbing some tissues so I could wipe my nose.

Chuckling himself, Gio got into the bed and curled under the heated blanket before turning on a movie for us. "I have pajamas for up here, because sometimes it just gets too cold to sleep naked," he admitted with a cheeky grin.

As I finished the soup and tea, I began to feel drowsy. Gio grabbed the tray from me and left with it. When he returned he had some Nyquil with him and made me take it before he climbed back into the bed and pulled me into a cuddle. "You'll get sick," I protested weakly, but I didn't complain or even try to break free, because his arms felt safe and warm. They were exactly where I wanted to be and somewhere in my mind, I knew that wasn't a good thing, but right now, I didn't care.

A chuckle rumbled in Gio's chest as he kissed the top of my head. "I'll be fine, Princess. Right now, let's worry about you getting better okay," he then asked.

Not being able to argue, I merely yawned and nodded my head against his chest. "Alright Gio, if you say so," I muttered sleepily before finally giving myself up to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 55.9K 71
"You seriously thought that you will jump from the window and escape?" "Yes." "Tsk. Tsk. That's so sad, but I guess you didn't think that you'd land...
88K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...
18.8K 1K 13
Rose Katrina Chen. The Diamond. Kai Warner. The Genius. ... Rose: They say power travels in bloodlines, handed out before birth, but I was born to a...
247K 5.4K 88
{COMPLETE} When Isabella's wedding ceremony is ruined by the one and only Kyzer Caruso, he kidnaps her and forces her to love him, no matter how long...