The Promise

By Apurbo2018

The tiring journey of a retired military veteran through life's harshest challenges that ends with a past cat... More

Prologue
The Beginning Of The End
Back Home
The Last Piece
Day In Day Out
A Ray Of Hope
A Good End

Parting Of Ways

2 0 0
By Apurbo2018

It came as an utter shock to me when my son chose his mother over me. I almost cried but didn't. Because my sadness was overpowered by my anger. Anger at the world that let this happen to me. Anger at the fact that the very country I served let this happen to me. I left the courthouse angry and defeated. But as I slammed my car shut, my anger melted into sadness as I realized: however much I blame the world for my situation, at the end of the day I'm the sufferer. By the time I reached home, I had no reason to live.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...