𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 | 𝐊𝐓𝐇

By CHOGIOUT

in which the heir to the throne of south korea, kim taehyung takes his chance and befriends soojung, a small... More

Characters
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
013
014

012

3.7K 183 53
By CHOGIOUT

***

it seemed as if the republic of korea was thriving of off the news of another royal wedding.

everywhere were posters and decorations being prepped before hand, different coloured garlands, flowers that seemed to bloom brighter than before and the weather seemed to be glowing.

it as if the entire city came alive after hearing their beloved prince's wedding. news outlets having segments specifically for any little rumour or a snipet from the royals, documenting other royal families around the world and publishing their excitement and reaction to taehyung's wedding.

and today everyone gushed and gathered around the palace premises, bells ringing in a tune, the wind blowing and the threat of rain loomed around, their hands holding either flowers or the county's flag, waving them in the air as smiles adorned their faces.

guests from around the world entering in black shiny vintage rolls royce's and bentley's waving their hands at the crowd who cheered as they stepped out in their stunning outfits.

the orchestra and the choir beaming from inside the abbey, hearts thumping in excitement as media reporters flashed their cameras to grab any shot of the family and the families guests.

people all around the country and even the world, turning on their tv screens to watch everything unfold. people ranging from all ages sitting in front of the screen together to watch the historic moment.

because today was the historical royal wedding.

and you weren't the bride.

***

"and you want us here for what?" jimin questioned, crossing his legs over one another while eyeing the two people behind me.

"look, we need your guy's help and it's the only way we can stop the damn wedding."

"and why would we do that?" hoseok questioned, placing his chin on the palm of his hand.

"hold up, did you just say stop the wedding?" a voice from behind namjoon spoke and i knew it was jungkook's because he was the first one to hide behind namjoon when we came for no apparent reason.

i took a deep breathe in, "yeah, stop the wedding so both taehyung and bona could be free."

i continued, "bona will go along her way with jongin happily if we stop this and taehyung can go along. . whoever he decides to settle with." i say and watch everyone in the room set there eyes on me.

"and what about you?" jin asks and i eye him in confusion.

"what, what about me?" i asked but only to be met with a snake of his head.

"you do know that this is a huge risk, think about the shit we could get in!" namjoon boasts, "our parents would be ashamed and we'll get strict punishments."

i glance at him with a slight tilt of my head, "namjoon, what's more important? your best friend who's getting married forcibly or your parents who'll do nothing about it?"

"no, namjoon's right." yoongi starts, "but you're right too, our parents do have a certain amount of control on us, but that doesn't mean they can stop us from doing something for the future king?"

jungkook snaps his fingers, "aha! like we are favouring the future king to be in his righteousness because it's our-"

"-absolute duty!" everyone chants together with a smile.

"exactly."

"but what are we even supposed to to?" jimin questions, and I look at bona who smiles and then nods.

"just follow me, jongin and soojung."

the next few days were getting hectic, everyone was running around with papers and hands full of either coffee or a stress ball.

we had occupied jimin's entire living room space, sufficient enough for papers to be scattered around.

i was currently looking at one of the blueprints of the byeolgung palace and the royal abbey's interior and exterior, memorizing the inner secret passageways and paths that could lead us to the location quickly.

everyone had not been in this place for about five hours now, i knew they were at the main palace, supporting their best friend taehyung's engagement with bona.

if everything went along the plan, all of them except taehyung should be here in about fifteen minutes. i took the time to place hr papers neatly on the table, placing my elbows on the table and placing my chin on the palm of my hand.

i looked out the large ceiling windows and eyed the big plants and colourful flowers decorating jimin's garden, my eyes slowly shifted to the frame sitting on top of the table, of the seven of them captured in a candid shot.

my eyes automatically landed on taehyung's body, a smile creeping up on my lips.

"i'll wait for the day you come to me and accept me as who i am, not because i'm some stupid royalty."

"i'll wait for the day when you're in love with me,"

"because i already am."

i had been spending days and every minute and second thinking about what he said to me, it's as if his words darted through my chest and landed on my pounding heart.

truth is, i'm scared.

i'm scared of who he is, i'm scared of what he holds.

i never wanted to fall in love with someone who was about to be the king of this country, all i wanted was to settle down with my significant other by the outskirts of the city and live a beautiful life full of colours with them.

that's all i asked for, but god seemed to give me more than i could ever expected.

you know what they say, when god gives, he gives.

a man of power, integrity and selflessness.

a man who's too good for me, a man who doesn't deserve me.

i jumped in my seat when i heard the rumbling of footsteps and angered loud voices echoing the four walls.

"w-what's going on?" i asked, shifting my body to face them, who stood with frustrated expressions on their faces.

"taehyung asked if you were coming," namjoon pinches the bridge of his nose.

"okay?"

"in front of everyone!" jimin yelled, "this man, bona i'm so sorry you had to be in a relationship with him."

"who cares," she replies, padding her feet to plop on the couch, jongin soon following.

"his fathers pissed and his mother knows something," jin says, tapping his chin.

"i'm damn sure the queen knows about this," yoongi pointed to us all in circles, "she's always been so sharp about shit like this."

"no, no, this can't happen." jongin says, "we can't let her get even the slightest bit of hint about this-"

"-but it's taehyung, he'll somehow manage to bring soojung's name in anything." jungkook interrupts and i take a minute to rethink and organize my thoughts.

"c-can't he like, i don't know, postpone the actual wedding a little further?" i ask hesitatingly.

"the most he can ask for would be three days after the actual event," namjoon says and watches something light up in your eyes.

bona shook her head and crossed her legs, "cut that to two, his mother is suspicious."

"vote her out." hoseok cackled and jin snorted out loud.

"as long as we can get a little bit of an extension, we can really work this out smoothly." i suggest and the rest nod slowly, i gesture them to come and hover over the table, everyone followed and gathered around.

"how will we do that now?"

i ignore jungkook's curiosity and turn to jimin, "hey jimin, the blueprints of the royal abbey is up to date right?"

"accurate as ever, plus some extreme secrets even the rest don't know about."

"hey! i wanna know!"

"okay, bona, how was your talk with the dress designer."

"she understands surprisingly, and is ready to place a long veil in front to cover the face so no public eye can peep on."

"hoseok?"

"the carriage and the vintage rolls royce's are ready, we chose the ones with a bit more window darkening, making it almost impossible for the paparazzi to get a sneak peek in."

"jungkook?"

"the bodyguards will listen to us at all costs, ever got the priest under control although the needed a bit of persuasion, but he's ready to keep his mouth shut."

"jin and namjoon?"

"me and him will be in the place itself, we'll take care of the chaos, jin will be beside the royal force while i'll take the seat next to the royal family on the benches."

"but how will we communicate all together?" jungkook asks, raking a hand through his auburn hair.

"i got that covered, everyone will be provided with an earpiece, don't you dare break it or i'll break you. but yeah, that will keep us in contact with each other,"

you all watch him with wide open mouths before shaking your heads in fear and turning your head at jongin.

"jongin, you?"

"i'll be in the room where taehyung dresses up,"

"be careful," i interrupt, "he might be mad."

"oh, that's scary by the way." jungkook shuddered from beside me and i nodded.

"alright, i'll be careful." he assured and everyone nodded, letting out a sigh in relief but then they all froze.

their eyes glancing at each other's as if communicating through them, your eyes stuck on the blueprints while your lower lip was tugged between your teeth.

"hey, soojung. . "

"yeah?" i responded, eyes still zoned out on the table.

"what about you? what will you do?"

i break away from my trance with a jolt, "huh? oh, whatever's the left over job, i'll do that." i assure with a soft smile.

everyone immediately looks at namjoon who rolls his eyes but nods anyway, "soojung, the only thing we're missing is the bride."

and those were the last words i remembered coming out of namjoon's mouth, because one minute i was standing with them in jimin's living room to standing in front of a huge vanity mirror.

dressed in the finest fabrics of white and ivory, a veil shadowing over my face, earrings hanging as if they were teardrops, a stunning ancestral necklace and a shinning diamond littered crown on my head.

the train of the dress so long that it competed with the british's wedding back in 2011, my fingers empty from any rings.

because today was d-day.

the day of the royal wedding, were you were the bride.

"it's time."

***

i'm sorry i late, lee taemin's godly behaviour and music stopped me bc it snatched my living existence✊🏼

— chogiout.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 614 30
Art finds every way to connect two people together, or perhaps eight? Experience a drama filled adventure where you find yourself in an odd love tria...
426 29 11
𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆...
156K 9.1K 57
"Prince Seokjin enters!" "From now on! I want you to know there is no place in my heart for you!" "Find my Prince right now!" "I love you my princ...
99.7K 4.4K 40
she loved him, even if his heart longed for someone else. ≖ a kim taehyung short story all rights reserved