The Styles Mansion [h.s]

By Lark_Den

[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with ur... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
fourty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
Bonus
Bonus 2

nineteen

1.1K 42 4
By Lark_Den

MY EARS are ringing. Everything seems to have stopped working and everything stayed silent. I stared at Henson with my shock filled face and empty head.

That means my husband is a murderer?

And that was the reason why Shelley was ignoring my question about Veronica?

I'm sure if I was standing right now, I could have collapsed on the ground.

"We found them both in a room one day, she was lying on the ground with a slit  throat and Harry was standing with his favourite royal knife in his hand while staring at her dead body. Before we could do anything she was gone." Henson informed sighing while staring through his big royal window.

My heart started to race to hear the tragic death of their nanny. Who has raised them with her love and adoration. But the main thing was, why did Harry kill her?

"But why would Harry do that to her? Neona said he loved her. She was the one who took care of him?" I blurted out of my frustration. I don't know what took over me but I couldn't stop those voices in my head which was pushing me to ask everything.

"I don't know Venessa. No one was there except from only two of them, when we heard the gut higgling scream of Veronica, everyone ran towards the room. When I opened the door, Veronica was almost dead and Harry was standing beside the body with the knife." He finished with an afflicted face, seeming to be lost as he couldn't match his eyes with me.

I kept silent, Nothing was coming out from my mouth because there was nothing that I could say. Suddenly, the urge to hide my existence from the room seems like an urgent matter to me.

I wanted to get vanished, from here, from this mansion, even from this world.

Everything was turning its point pricker towards Harry's way. He was there in the room alone with her. He was holding the knife while Veronica was lying on the floor letting go of her last breath.

But why would he do that? What happened back there that made him kill someone that he loved?

Nothing makes sense.

Though my head was howling that my husband is a murderer but my heart wasn't assenting with my brain. Harry can't kill Veronica, you might call me a fool or dump but I can't set the word 'murderer' upon my husband.

"What if someone tried to frame him?"

Henson snapped his head at me while dragging his eyebrows together. He parted his red lips staring at me as if I was a mad woman. He believed his brother was a murderer?

"Who would try to do that Venessa? I told you no one was there only him and her." He put emphasis on his sentence making me want to punch something so hard.

"But still think about it Henson, what if someone killed her and took advantage of Harry's condition?" I said desperately or almost begging through my words to make him believe his brother hasn't done anything.

For some moments Henson lost in his thoughts as he kept his eyes glued to the ground. He was deeply thinking, his jaw clenching tightly as he was now glaring at the lifeless ground.

"You are right, that could be possible. We have the most successful business empire around the country, the list of enemies is way too long. If it's the matter that someone was trying to frame him then there must be a big reason behind that." Henson said so calmly as if he was joining the dots of everything making sense gradually.

"O fuck, why I haven't thought of that?" Henson cursed harshly slamming his both palms on the desk while standing up on his feet.

He walked towards the opened widows, as I could see the redness of his face.

He was angry and guilty.

My heart burst out in blessing thinking, Henson believing that Harry hasn't done anything.

"If someone successfully could have proofed something against us it could have been a golden chance to ruin us, our reputation as also our business. I couldn't believe myself. Why haven't I thought of that!?" He pointed out and closed his eyes tightly as his voice cracked at last.

My heart ached in pain when I realized how much he had gone through. First, his parents and Harry's accident, then the mysterious death of Veronica.

I sighed as I stood up on my feet, Henson was still standing beside the widow seeming to be, he was going to cry.

"Henson." I called him softly touching his shoulder

He turned his face and his resentful feature broke my heart.

"I'm sorry. I'm such a fool. I never thought of that. I thought Harry wasn't in his stable mind and he could have done that."

"Don't worry, and it's the past, it has gone. Now you realized that it wasn't him. So please calm down." I consoled him with my soft voice and I'm glad he was regretting his thoughts and actions.

"But what happened to Veronica was wrong. She was innocent and we don't know who has done that." He said looking back at the window with his tears and lustred eyes.

He was right.Veronica was an innocent soul who hadn't done anything. But someone used her as a pawn to destroy Harry and Henson.

"Somehow we managed to wipe all the wrong evidence against him and kept the matter in us. I can't let the police or the court take Harry to the mental asylum. The place is not for him, I couldn't see my brother there." Finally Henson's tears broke its flashpoint and fluxed down to his cheeks.

My chest tightens on the mentioned mental asylum. I have heard about those places. Dangerous psychopaths and other mental illness sufferers have been dispatched there. And I don't even want to allusion about those cold blood stories that I heard about those places.

I want to thank and hug Henson to take that decision of not sending Harry there.

Harry is lucky to have a younger brother like him.

Later Henson calmed down and left his study. He said he wanted to be alone.Veronica died a year ago and Henson was in the process of finding a nanny for him. He couldn't find the suitable person for this position and Shelley took care of Harry.

But now we found our little Ines Lovejoy. I want her out of this house so badly.

I walked towards my room but came in a halt when I saw my husband was standing outside of it looking lost.

"Harry." I called him as he immediately snapped his head towards me.

"Wife." He said loudly but his second action surprised me. He swiftly ran towards me and slammed his body against mine, hugging me tightly. He hide is head at the crook of my neck breathing heavily as if he was scared of something and he wanted to hide.

"Harry, what happened?" I kept my voice low and soft. I need to know what made him act that way.

"No...no please no." He said tightening his grip around my body makes me panic and worry more.

"Harry what happened?"

"Tail....lizard tail." He said, making me frown.

What the hell about this lizard tail thing? I could still remember the night when he had gone mad and screamed in fear about this thing which almost landed him unconscious and he ended up being restrained by handcuffs with his bed.

"Calm down Harry. Lets go inside. We can talk about it." I tried to calm him down grabbing his cheeks in my hands. He was shaking and the scene wasn't new for me.

I dragged him inside my room and make his sit down on my bed. He wasn't leaving me as he was still trying to hug me hiding his face on my chest.

"Don't be afraid, I'm here. Tell me what happened." I said rubbing his back. It was driving me insane. I don't like to see him in that state.

"In my room..........Lizard tail." He briefly complained still shaking a bit.

This fucking lizard tail thing was getting on my nerves so badly. I can't sit down when my husband is repeatedly saying the same thing which he is scared of shirtless.

Somehow I was able to place him and try to talk to him to make him forget about that fucked up lizard tail bullshits. I gave him some cherry lollipops and turned on the TV to a cartoon show.

He watched the TV while sucking on his lollipop like a child.

"Harry, stay here. I'm going to bring some cheesecake. Shelley prepared some for you. ok?" I said standing on my feet as Harry hesitantly stared at me. But a few moments later he nodded again gluing his eyes to the TV screen.

I was kinda glad Harry hadn't made any erratic scene today and I was happy to know the achievement of mine which is I can handle Harry.

I slowly walked towards his room. I entered the room and glanced around to find something which can be related to that Lizard tail. I walked forward looking at his things but I stopped when my eyes landed on the small table of his nightstand where a lamp was placed.

In front of the lamp a dead lizard was lying on its back and it didn't have any tail. The tail was there too but detached from it as it was jumping ceaselessly on the table.

I frowned upon the scene thinking how the hell the dead fucking lizard came here. I could have taken the scene as a normal encounter only if it's not about its tail. If it had died here for some reason then it could have been with its tail but the tail was cut out from its rear.

If someone or something hasn't killed it why was its tail separated from it. I can assume it as a mistake or Harry's sudden fear about a lizard but it wasn't the first time Harry was acting that way.

He has always gone erratic before.

It has happened two three times in a row. A few days ago the same thing happened when I wasn't at home. Later I found out when Shelley and Loire were gossiping about it.

I left his room and walked downstairs and was going to enter the kitchen when I heard Florence and Nova were talking.

"Do you think Miss Lovejoy is a good person?" Nova asked to wash a plate. Both of them haven't realized my presence yet.

"Why?" Florence asked while wiping the kitchen counter with a rug.

"I don't know but something is wrong with her I think. She's kinda weird." Nova said keep her washing work.

Everything is wrong about her.

"Why on earth do you think something is wrong with her?" Florence chuckled shaking her head.

"No it's just, yesterday night I saw her catching a Lizard and putting it into a plastic bag when I was gone to her room to call her for dinner."

All the love

Please vote and comment and check on my other books.

Lark Den

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
109K 4.3K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
10.6K 376 33
[Started Writing : 3rd August, 2023] "What do you want from me Alex? I gave you what you wanted. Now what else do you want?" I whispered when he won'...
8.5M 199K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...