My Favorite Stranger

By smooonie

She's got the looks, the money, and the recognition, but she's missing one thing. On the outside, Mya Stone h... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
"Valentine's Day"

10

7.8K 378 57
By smooonie

Mya swirled the apple cider in her glass flute, staring into nothing as the multiple guests and workers of the summit engaged in their normal antics. Her black business slacks and tucked in white button-down pressed and clean. Her hair was pushed back, held by her ears.

She was caught in deep thought about a plethora of things, but one particular face and smile kept smudging the once comprehensive conceptions.

Despite that, Mya was tired. Her eyes were a little itchy despite the several espresso shots she drank to wake herself up and she was sluggish.

Jessie had left before Mya could wake up again. She didn't leave a note this time or even a text, which left Mya with a bitter taste in her mouth. Mya ended up texting the woman herself, but even now in the early afternoon she still hadn't received a text back.

She could still hear Jessie crying in her ears and it made her stomach turn with guilt that she didn't do anything more than pretend to be asleep.

Maybe if I did something she wouldn't have just up and left.

Fear of something happening to Jessie made her heart pound. She was sure the woman was okay, but she didn't know Jessie and couldn't really say that to herself with full confidence.

She just hoped Jessie would text her soon, with plans to do something. They didn't need to have sex, much like last night. They could just stay in Mya's hotel room, order room service, and eat. Mya would be more than satisfied with that — knowing that Jessie was safe from whatever she was upset about.

Mya drank the last of the cider in one go. She cleared her throat and brushed her hair behind her ears. Her eyes scanned any way out of the convention hall. She needed a breather. She needed a few minutes away from all of the commotion and people trying to talk to her.

"Mya?" She heard beside her. Mya turned and rested her eyes on Tristan in his casual business clothes. His hair was flat and he held a glass flute of his own drink in his hand.

Mya sighed softly, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Yes, Tristan?"

"Everything okay? You ... look stressed," He said.

No thanks to you.

Mya shook her head. "I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind."

He got closer, stopping just a few inches away. "A few of us are going out tonight ... you should join us. This place has a pretty nice nighttime scene."

"No, I, uh, have some things to do. Sorry," Mya said, completely aloof.

Tristan eyed the short woman. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. I just need fresh air," Mya said while leaving her empty glass on the long serving table, ready to make her departure.

Before she could make any ground, Tristan gently caught her arm, making Mya's breath hitch. Mya met eyes with Tristan, his facial expression suspicious. "What's wrong?"

Mya narrowed her eyes, snatching her arm away. "Nothing. What part of stay away don't you get?"

Mya's phone vibrated in her pocket. She instantly took it out, checking to see if it was Jessie. Tristan stood by, watching her curiously.

"I'm sorry I keep disappearing. I had something to take care of at home."

"Mya?"

Mya snapped up from her phone. "I have to take this. Enjoy your plans."

"Alright then."

"Bye," Mya said lowly, walking off and preparing to text Jessie back.

"Is everything okay?" Mya texted back.

As Mya waited for a response, she decided to grab a seat at Saylo's reserved seating table. She knew Tristan was close behind her but didn't even pay mind to it. Just a day or two ago this would've sent Mya spiraling, but now she couldn't find it within herself to care.

The next text came in.

"Just some stuff in the house needed to be fixed and sorting out bills. Nothing I couldn't handle. What about you? How's your summit?"

"It's going. I was worried about you," Mya replied, relief filling her to the brim.

"Worried? How come?" A second text came in from Jessie again, "I'll meet you at the hotel whenever you get out?"

Mya smiled at the other woman's eagerness. "I would like that."

She was happy Jessie texted back at the right moment. So happy.

Mya thought hard about Jessie and what she's experienced with the mysterious woman. The way she kissed her as if she knew her — passionate, gentle kisses that could've impaled any person's heart. Her smile and how she ate Mya up with just a simple glance. Her confidence and the sheer badassery she exuded at all times.

The sex—

Mya's phone rang loudly, making her jump. She quickly grabbed the phone, seeing Jessie's name on the screen and answering as fast as she possibly could.

"H-Hey," Mya said, a smile creeping onto her face.

"Hey, Sapphire. You okay? You sound a little winded there."

"I'm fine. Just a lot going on, you know? Kinda sleepy and the coffee I drank may have backfired on me."

"Did you eat?"

"I did. Croissant and cheese."

Jessie didn't sound the slightest bit impressed. "We're definitely grabbing a bite somewhere."

Mya smiled. "Room service? Or maybe one of the many buffets in the hotel?"

"Buffet? Why didn't you tell me sooner!"

"I thought about that earlier, but I didn't know if you were going to get back to me on time ..."

"I know, I'm sorry. But we're on for a good buffet then. Can't wait."

"I should be leaving in an hour or so. I'll keep you updated?"

"Please do."

❚ ❚ ❚

Mya adjusted her purse on her shoulder. Jessie held a brand new smaller black helmet out to Mya, which Mya took cautiously. Both women were in the parking lot of the hotel, Jessie in a tight long white sleeve shirt and ripped black jeans. Her silver chain was attached to its usual belt loops, her own helmet under her arm. Jessie's black backpack hanging off her shoulder. Mya noticed the girl only wore black and white.

"What's this?" Mya asked inspecting the helmet.

Jessie smiled. "It's for you,"

"You didn't have to buy this Jessie," Mya said in awe. "Plus ... I don't know if I'm getting back on your bike."

"Oh c'mon, you said you liked it."

Mya smiled, accepting the gift she knew she couldn't reject, "Did you forget the part where I mentioned it was also a terrifying death trap?"

Jessie shrugged. "I bet you felt safer with my helmet on though."

"I guess all I need now is a leather jacket," Mya said with a twinkle in her eye.

Jessie smirked and held her bent arm out for Mya to grab, "I can get that arranged."

Mya slid her hand around Jessie's forearm, clinging beside the woman as they walked away from the parked car and bike, their respective helmets in their hands.

Mya and Jessie went back up to the suite, dropping off the helmets and the backpack in the freshly cleaned room and descending back down to the lobby where all of the food places and stores were. Lunch would be ending at 4:30 PM for the buffet, and it was now turning 3.

Mya and Jessie rushed into the buffet, quickly picking up their plates. Jessie ended up getting several plates of different things along with different pastries. They sat at a table for two by a large window, allowing them to see a large lake with a fountain in the middle.

Mya eyed all the plates on the table and laughed, "No way you eat this much and look like that."

Jessie smiled, one cheek of hers stuffed with hash browns. "It's called running and balancing your diet."

Mya laughed even more. She's never seen anyone eat this much. "Balancing your diet? Does it include absorbing a massive amount of calories?"

Jessie forced swallowed her food, aiming for the burger in front of her. "Don't tell anyone my secret."

Mya couldn't stop her giggle fit. She found the woman in front of her that was completely demolishing everything she picked up, amazing. Mya could never stomach that much food. Tristan didn't even eat this much.

Mya lightly picked at her chicken tenders and fries. Most of her house salad was gone already and she didn't pick anything sweet to have for a dessert.

At least, not in the food category.

"So, what did you do today?" Jessie asked.

"Oh, um, more presentations. Fleeing from people who want to talk to me ... the usual," Mya answered.

"What's the point of those things anyway?"

"It's like one big meet and greet. There are collaborations, learning what other businesses are doing, all the important stuff."

Jessie made a small disinterested noise. "Sounds boring."

"It is. Is everything okay at your place?"

"Oh, yeah. Everything is fine. My, uh, siblings have attachment issues," Jessie cleared her throat. "Among other things I had to do."

She has siblings?

Mya found herself interested. "My sister and I were like that when we were younger too."

"Oh, my siblings are, uh, actual kids," Jessie chuckled briefly. "Fraternal twins. 9 years old."

"Wow — Your mother—"

"Had them super far apart from me, yes," Jessie smiled. "She uh, thought she couldn't have any more kids. My dad and her struggled for a while. They eventually gave up. I was 18 when she gave birth."

Mya mouthed a low wow. "How old is your mom?"

"She's turning 45. She had me when she was like 17. She gave birth to the twins at 35."

Mya was amazed by all of the information about Jessie's siblings and her mother. She was also happy that Jessie was beginning to open up to her a little.

"Do you live with them?" Mya asked softly. It would explain the immense amount of noise coming from Jessie's house last night.

Jessie looked away, nodding her head shyly. "Uh, yeah. I do."

Mya quickly said something, anything to stop the woman from feeling bad. "That's not a bad thing, you know."

Jessie shook her head. "No, no, I know. It's uh — whatever," The mood shifted and Mya knew she was treading deep waters too quickly.

Jessie put a wall up, quickly shifting the conversation and picking at another plate of food. "So, what about you? Does the important woman have any kid siblings?"

"No, although a part of me wishes I did. I love kids. My sister is 32. We have a pretty good bond," Mya answered. "My parents were more than happy with just 2."

"Any babies in the family?"

Mya shook her head, "Not yet. Although I'm definitely expecting my sister to conceive soon."

"And what about you? Do you want kids?" Jessie asked while grabbing her glass of pomegranate juice.

Mya shrugged. Kids were on her mind a lot when she was with Tristan, but now she's glad it didn't happen.

"I do," She answered simply. "And you?"

Jessie smirked, "I already have kids. The twins act like I'm the one that gave birth to them."

Mya smiled, picturing Jessie with two children. Jessie had a very playful personality and it made sense that Jessie would be great with kids.

She's quite the attraction herself.

"What are their names?" Mya asked.

"Julie and Marco."

"Julie and Marco," Mya repeated mostly to herself. "How sweet."

So that's who called her last night.

"What about your sister?" Jessie asked.

Mya snapped out of her daze, adjusting herself in the chair. "Her names Leanne."

Jessie nodded in response, her mouth full of food again. Mya continued to eat, thinking about everything Jessie just revealed to her. Mya didn't realize she was playing footsies with Jessie, her heeled feet gently tapping against the black boots. Jessie replicating the same movements, only softer.

"So is J.T. a childhood nickname?" Mya asked.

"Sort of. More like a nickname that was given to me by childhood friends. It sort of just stuck from there."

"It fits," Mya added.

Jessie cleared her throat after a long sip of her juice. She folded her arms on the table and glanced at Mya. "What do you want to do tonight?"

"Hmm ..." Mya thought for a few moments. "Honestly? I'm still down for the cuddling and room service ..."

Jessie smiled warmly. "Tired?"

Mya nodded. "I am. This morning was ... draining."

"Like every other day at the summit, huh?"

Mya sighed softly. "Yeah. I'm just happy it's not an everyday thing. I could really use a nap right now. This food did a finishing number on me."

Jessie quietly burped into her hand. "I'm pretty much finished here if you are. We can head up if you want."

"Did you enjoy it?" Mya asked.

"It was great. I'm not a picky eater, but this was some good ol' fancy hotel food," Jessie patted her stomach.

Mya laughed to herself as they got up from the table, pushing their chairs in. Jessie quickly organized the messy table, making it neat for the most part.

Both girls left the buffet, taking a scenic route around the hotel instead of going straight up to the room. Eventually, Mya could feel the rest of her energy being depleted, her body breaking down the food she ate.

Mya opened the door to her suite, Jessie stepping inside first. Mya closed the door behind her, locking it and kicking off her heels. She sighed in content, rolling her ankles and beginning to unbutton her shirt, pulling it out from her pants.

Jessie turned to Mya, her hands hovering over the fingers that were working the buttons of the shirt.

"Let me," Jessie whispered. Mya took a deep breath, Jessie's presence and energy overpowering Mya's atmosphere. Jessie's skilled fingers separated the cloth from the buttons in no time.

Jessie peeled back the shirt on Mya's shoulders, exposing the soft skin and her chest that was covered by her black bra. Mya sighed softly, the feeling of hot and tender hands caressing her shoulders, dropping down to her elbows, and then undoing her slacks. Mya held onto the backs of Jessie's biceps, almost leaning right into her.

Jessie chuckled. "I thought you were tired."

Mya bit her lip, rising on her tiptoes to get closer to Jessie's mouth. Jessie saved her the last of the trip, closing the distance with a slow and welcoming kiss. All the tension in her body lost its grip on her muscles, making her sigh softly.

Jessie's kiss was medicine, she concluded, a dangerous and addicting painkiller in its purest form.

Mya's hands slid under Jessie's shirt, her fingers tips sliding up strong abdominal muscles. She could feel every breath Jessie took and wanted nothing more than to be the reason her breaths would turn heavier, huskier. Though Mya was sleepy, Jessie awakened a part of her that she wanted to let run wild.

Mya held onto Jessie as if she was clinging onto unconsciousness during a sweet dream. This week had slowly started becoming something excitedly foreign and spontaneous, each day something different. It was esoteric in its uncommon nature, something maybe only an alchemist could conjure and understand, but if there was one thing that was easy to wrap her head around, it was kissing Jessie.

It was easy to give in and surrender herself. Jessie effortlessly made her feel safe and she wondered if Jessie knew it.

A deep moan from Jessie's mouth rang in Mya's ears. Mya's slacks sagged down her hips, eventually falling to her ankles. Jessie lifted Mya again, Mya pulling away from the woman's lips to catch her breath as she was being carried to the bed.

They both fell into the bed, the chilling sheets on Mya's back caused goosebumps to break out onto her skin immediately. The balance of warmth emitting from Jessie's body creating a sandwich of hot and cold.

Mya lifted Jessie's shirt, forcing Jessie to pull it off. Mya held onto everything that she was feeling in the moment and admitted to herself that she wanted this again. She wanted Jessie all to herself. Jessie's loyalty and trust. Knowing Jessie inside out would be a gift she'd cherish with her life.

She was starting not to care about her sexuality, letting go of the confusion altogether. If she was bisexual, then so be it. If she just happened to fall for one woman and never again, then so be it. The label didn't matter to her right now. Not when the new sunshine inside of herself was nurturing a new garden.

She clutched Jessie's sides, trying not to get lost in the complex schematics of her emotions right now. It had only been 3 and a half days since she initially met Jessie. Were 3 and a half days enough to develop real feelings? To feel like maybe she's never been truly loved at all?

Could she suddenly forget about Tristan as if the 2 years they spent together didn't happen? or was that just what moving on was?

Jessie broke the kiss. Mya quickly opened her eyes to see Jessie staring down at her.

"Is everything okay?" Mya asked.

Mya saw something different in Jessie's facial expression, but couldn't pinpoint what it was. Did she not want to continue?

"Just thinking," Jessie replied.

You too, huh?

Mya didn't bother to press any further than that. She wasn't exactly in a good position to express her thoughts either. "Take a nap with me?"

Jessie smiled. "Gladly."

Mya could feel in her gut that she was getting herself into something, whether it was good or bad was something she couldn't figure out right now. She decided to worry about it some other time. She was sleepy with Jessie behind her, under the pearl white sheets of her king-sized bed in her luxurious suite.

There was no room for dwelling and making a big deal out of it before a well-earned nap. Dwelling never made light in any situation. She knew this first hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 236 20
Avery always thought that she had her next five years planned out. Finish college, get a degree in psychology, start working, get back into dating wo...
27.1K 993 47
when one mentally Ill girl meets another during her first visit to a mental hospital. the two instantly fall for each other but neither realise it un...
263K 10.4K 52
Five months later, after starting over with North, Allie is finding out that she may not be cut out for a new lifestyle so soon. Creating a new begin...
2.4K 222 16
Book three of Country Core Series. From birth, Trinity saw the world differently than her peers. Not that she knew much of her peers in her childhoo...