Frontlines ━━ Star Wars

Av fulcrums

Just one single glimpse of relief. OBI-WAN KENOBI / OC CLONE WARS through EPISODE III part of... Mer

π…π‘πŽππ“π‹πˆππ„π’

2.3K 102 274
Av fulcrums

( made by soulofstaars )

evil? i've fought evil and it was easy: i shot it. it's apathy i can't stand.

e.k. johnston            star wars: queen's shadow

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS.

This is a sentiment that Danai Atreides holds to be true; the foundational cornerstone that she has built her life around. While the galaxy's rich and privileged sit prettily and protected as the Clone War rages on, the rest of the cosmos bleeds, trampled underfoot by the might of the cruel and the powerful. It is easy for those with power to play at being gods from the safety of their pedestals, arguing in endless circles atop senatorial soapboxes about the moral justness of their crusade no matter the price that must be paid. Collateral damage is the label given to the ones who face the very worst the war has to offer before their names and stories are forgotten, buried beneath layers of pro-war propaganda. But Danai, an aspiring journalist who has seen the human cost of war firsthand, has no intention of turning a blind eye to the suffering of the innocent and every intention of forcing those who do have their eyes closed to keep them open.

On the frontlines of the war, Danai's weapon of choice is truth; her biggest enemy apathy. Venturing to faraway worlds where the fighting is thickest, she gives a voice to the voiceless and carries their stories with her to anyone who will listen in the hopes of raising a cry for peace across a war-torn galaxy. Yet there are those on both sides of the conflict who do not share her vision of a galaxy at rest; powerful interests that seek to sow seeds of discord and reap the benefits of a war that keeps their pockets lined. These shadowy figures, pulling the strings of their loyal puppets behind closed doors, would rather see the bloodshed continue than a ceasefire and they have no qualms about silencing anyone who threatens to expose the corrupt inner-workings of their well-oiled, war-profiteering machine. (People like Danai Atreides, whose integrity is not a thing that can be bought and paid for with bribes or cowed into submission by the scare tactics of tyrants.)

It is fortunate, then, that she managed to make an ally out of a Republic general while following a story on the planet Ryloth. Danai is not overly fond of military men, but there is a gentleness to this Jedi that she is startled to find something tender and kind that has no place at the heart of a war; a flicker of humanity when she'd been on the brink of giving up on it entirely.

And perhaps that is all that Obi-Wan Kenobi will ever be to her a moment of peace, a glimpse of relief but there's a pull to him that draws Danai in like a moon in orbit ... and who is she to argue with the stars?

Danai Atreides     Lupita Nyong'o

Obi-Wan Kenobi     Ewan McGregor

Jax Kilian     Adam Brody

Benji H'ghar     Rahul Kohli

Jonas Santorim     Jeffrey Wright

Annia Fahy     Lucy Boynton

Mara of Etaíros     Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs

Ruì Elysar     Gemma Chan

WITH . . .

Viola Davis  ..........  Mira Atreides
Anna Diop  ..........  René Atreides
Yahya Abdul-Mateen ii  ..........  Cham Syndulla
Elizabeth Debicki .......... Satine Kryze
Yara Shahidi  ..........  Ahsoka Tano
Kubota Sayu .......... Izumi Wren
Marion Cotillard  ..........  Mina Bonteri
Charlie Gillespie  ..........  Lux Bonteri
Shaun Toub ..........  Saul Jericho
Chiaki Kuriyama .......... Jena Sado
Yandeh Sallah .......... Steela Gerrera
Denzel Whitaker .......... Saw Gerrera
Sam Witwer .......... Maul

scan  code  to  listen  in  spotify.

━━━━━━━━━

a/n:           me on my third day of watching election coverage and starting to think that maybe some of the cnn anchors were kind of fine 😳😳 but ANYWAYS!!! this plot was literally born a few weeks ago from my election addled brain going "haha sexy journalist oc but make them from star wars. brain go BRRRRR 🧠" and then me rewatching the ryloth arc bc it's one of my most favorite clone wars arcs and i love numa & her brothers 🥺🤲
           ↳ originally this book wasn't ~supposed~ to be tied to any of my other fics ...... but then i got sidetracked and started making connections and somehow wound up here, with this big ol mess SO if u spotted some of the ocs from my other fics, that's why!! (and also if i'm being totally honest: i don't always ~love~ coming up w side-characters, so sometimes it's easier to use ocs from other fics instead 😬😬 [crowd boos] go ahead and throw ur tomatoes if u must but that's MY opinion 🍅🍅)
           ↳ a lot of the topics covered in this fic are going to be based on real world events and issues things like the military industrial complex/war profiteering/corruption in politics/real life accounts from war correspondents/etc. i think it's easy to forget that sw itself was heavily inspired by the vietnam war and wwii, so that aspect is something i want to hopefully explore here, especially in regards to the political/corporate aspect of it. that being said: i like to include warnings for anything that might be triggering to people reading my fics, so ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNINGS ⚠️ graphic depictions of violence, character deaths, mature themes, adult language, discussions/portrayals of mental health related issues (ptsd, depression, anxiety, substance abuse) — any additional warnings will be added if necessary! your mental health should always be your biggest priority, so please don't read if you're not comfortable with any of those themes.
           ↳ i think that's pretty much all i have to say?? i'm super excited for this book and hopefully u all are too 🥺💓 i love my space papaw obi-wan vvv much and wanted to give him some happiness bc it's what he deserves™️ since so much of his life is a fucking tragedy 😁😁 [just smile thru the pain] 😁😁
           as always: thank you all so, SO much for reading!!!! i'll be seeing u soon 🥳💓🥳💓🥳💓🥳

FortsΓ€tt lΓ€s

Du kommer ocksΓ₯ att gilla

1.1M 50.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
506K 18.2K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
1M 34.1K 61
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
290K 9.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...