star child - KOL MIKAELSON [2]

By mvsticmoony

DISCONTINUED star child | "Come back. Come back to me." In which history repeats itself... or not... [SLOW UP... More

star child
intro + playlist
prologue
act one
please read!

zero

5.9K 218 71
By mvsticmoony

⋆⋆⋆

- months earlier -
- set during The Originals s1 -

⋆⋆⋆

'Phasmatos radium calaraa'

The three word-spell was hummed in sync by Sage and Morgan Forbes repeatedly.

The two witches found themselves at the room dedicated to witchcraft —or, as Sage liked to call it, their 'own little Hogwarts'— they had in their shared apartment. With the objective of cloaking themselves and a few other innocent witches from the big mess going around in New Orleans with Genevieve, the back-from-the-dead witch, and her minions trying to get the unborn Mikaelson baby killed, Francesca Guerrera and her pack trying to get moonlight rings for themselves over the Crescent wolves and mourning the loss of their dear friend, Sophie Deveraux, the girls decided to perform this invisibility spell made by the Gemini Coven (for some reason, Sage had tons of their spells in a improvised grimoire).

After helping (from distance) to bring Davina Claire back from the dead after she was killed during the Harvest and befriending the girl before she joined Genevieve's crew, the duo decided to gather and remain hidden for a few days —not that that wasn't what they usually did; only few people knew specifically about their presence in New Orleans; those only being Elijah Mikaelson and Davina Claire herself, besides from a few other witches. It amused both girls that there were so rumors going around town about how the 'Servers of the Night' or 'Star Children', as they preferred, was a big and powerful coven when, in reality, they were just two twenty year old women who had no clue of what to do with their lives.

It was actually a funny story, how they had met. Morgan tried to keep in a laugh as she recalled the memory, forcing herself to keep focused on the incantation.

- FLASHBACK -

The Forbes girl had decided to go on a walk on that cloudy morning and pick up some coffee in her way back home. She sat on a bench in front of the big windows of her favorite coffee shop, a steaming cup of the bitter liquid she loved to much resting in front of her while she texted her best friend, Jeremy, back. She scoffed as he filled her in on the juicy details of Mystic Falls.

Before moving to New Orleans, Morgan and Jeremy decided that at some point, he would meet her and the two would live together. Needless to say that something got in the way of their plans and prevented that from happening. Jeremy had died. Fortunately, after a whole lot of complications, Bonnie managed to bring him back (she had died in the process, but those were minor details, in Morgan's opinion —that witch had taken a part in Kol's death, after all).

Not long after Morgan lost Kol, she received an unexpected visit from her sister, who brought news with her. The youngest Forbes did not handled it well. Jane-Anne Deveraux had a rough week with train-rack witch in training Morgan. But the French Quarter witch adored the Forbes girl, specially after Aiyanna showed to her in a dream Morgan's story and how she inherited her own powers. Janne-Anne was in awe with the blond girl's potential for magic. And so she stuck around before her passing away by the hands of Marcel Gerard.

Morgan Forbes was no prodigy witch. With her magic being revealed so late in her life, it was hard to catch up on so much. But the girl managed to do it, she had to. She may not have been a prodigy like her best friend Sage, but she sure as hell an outstanding witch, specially with the absurd amount of power she had running through her veins.

The Forbes girl let out a sigh as her phone screen abruptly turned off and fought the urge to face palm as she realized she forgot to charge the device during night. With not much left to do, the girl put her phone away and grabbed her cup of coffee, pondering if she should stop by a bookstore on her way home as she got up from her seat and directed herself to the exit of the establishment.

She was about to reach out for the door handle when someone opened it from the outside. A girl with dark-caramel skin and platinum blonde almost shaved hair stood there, motioning with an arm for Morgan to go ahead.

Mumbling a quick 'thank you', the blonde walked out of the coffee shop just as a soft breeze was blown inside, making the other girl raise a brow at the strawberry scent that invaded her nostrils.

"Wait up!" She yelled, letting go of the door handle and sprinting after the blonde haired that had just walked by. Morgan turned around, a confused look on her face like she was asking herself if she was the one being talked to. "Yeah, you, blondie!" The dark skinned girl managed to catch up to her.

Morgan raised a brow at the girl, who stopped in front of her. "What's up?" She asked.

The platinum blonde shook her head and a snort. "Okay, I promise you that I'm not hitting on you or anything, its just that you smell so good!"

- END  OF  THE  FLASHBACK -

Yep. Morgan's shampoo —now Sage's as well— was the whole reason why those two had become friends.

"And we're done." Sage dropped Morgan's hand, cracking her knuckles as they had been holding hands for the spell for quite a while now. "No intruders can see us." She affirmed, both of them unaware that the spell the had just performed had also prevented people from the Other Side to see them.

Morgan let out a relieved sigh and with a wave of her fingers, a wave of blue sparkly energy leaving them and blowing out the candles that surrounded the two, dropping herself on the wine colored couch of the room while rubbing her temples.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate Gemini spells?"

"Yes." Sage dropped at her side. "But at least now we're protected. And that's what Aiyana told you we needed to do."

"Sometimes, that woman gets on my nerves." Morgan blurted out. And as soon as she did, the lights on the ceiling flickered. "Sorry!" She held out her hands in a guilty way and looked up, knowing that was doing of the Ancestral witch.

Sage snorted, getting up and starting to walk around, putting some stuff away. "So, since tomorrow is Halloween," she smirked. "I was thinking we could have a movie night, of course we will be watching Hocus Pocus, and perhaps we could make some h-"

"Wait, today is the thirtieth?" Morgan interrupted her friend with a frown, her stomach starting to turn. How could she not have notice the date? Her birthday had just passed by, which meant...

Sage stopped and turned to her friend, who had become at least two shades more pale then usual. "Oh." Realization hit her and she clicked her tongue softly at the sight of the melancholic look that took over Morgan's face. The Bourgeois girl walked over to behind the couch, wrapping her arms around her friend and resting her chin on top of her head.

"Do you think it'll ever hurt less?" Morgan's voice was low after a few seconds of silence.

Sage sighed, recalling her friend's tragic (shakespearean tragic in her humble opinion) love story.

She recalled the day she finally managed to get Morgan to tell her about the guy standing with her in the picture on her bedside table and the broken necklace resting over the tip of the frame. After moving in together, Sage started to wonder who was that brown haired guy that looked so passionately at her friend, who smiled at the camera, when the picture was taken.

And sometimes, she wished she hadn't been born so curious.

After hearing the story, Sage almost regretted ever asking about the picture or the necklace. Her heart ached awfully for her friend's loss whenever she heard her talking about her soulmate and the Bourgeois girl couldn't help the feeling of being purposeless that took over her as she remembered that there was pretty much nothing she could do to ease Morgan's pain.

In addition to that, whenever the topic 'Kol Mikaelson' came up, the Forbes always said she was now alright, but Sage knew better. Specially after last year's Christmas, which she spent with Morgan's family and best friend, Jeremy Gilbert. At the occasion, Liz had made the mistake of mentioning Kol, which caused a rather unsettling argument about Morgan's mental health and love life and a conversation with Morgan's sister, Caroline, about the Original's death. Sage was shocked to discover that his death was plotted by Morgan's so called 'friends' and that Jeremy was under mind control to murder him.

"I don't think it will." Sage answered. The Bourgeois girl's honesty was brutal. That was what Morgan loved and hated the most about her. "But with time, it'll get easier, sweetie." She rubbed Morgan's shoulder. "And you need to stop blaming yourself for what happened."

"If I had gotten there any faster I-"

Sage shushed her loudly, waving her arms around. "I don't wanna hear it. It wasn't your fault and you know it." She now stood in front of the blonde with her arms crossed over her chest. "It was written in the Stars, Morg..." Morgan rolled her eyes at the mention of the Stars and everything Aiyana had told her about it.

"Yeah, I know, I know." She mumbled before shaking her head. "So, Hocus Pocus, huh?" She tried to change the subject.

It was Sage's turn to roll eyes. "I'm serious, Morg. I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you!"

"And I'm trying to subtly avoid it!" The blonde responded and Sage let out a scoff, gazing at her friends anxious expression as she urged for the topic to be changed.

The platinum blonde nodded after a few moments, going along with it and deciding that she was going to keep Morgan's mind distracted from the fact that this was her least favorite day of the year. "Hocus Pocus. And then Edward Scissorhands."

⋆⋆⋆

Author's notes:

Hi hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this little chapter about Morgan's background story in the time that Kol was dead lmao
Also, can I just tell you about how in love with Sage I am? She's going to be amazing and honestly, I just adore her!
By the way, keep in mind that after Morgan and Sage performed that spell, Kol wasn't able to find them anymore from the Other Side.

Let me know what you think!

Also, thank you so much for (already) 2k reads on this book! It still amazes me that people like this story!

And a special thank you to
Kai_Klaus_Kol12
for leaving so many kind comments on 'You Shine' over the past days! You really gave the boost of motivation to write this!

I hope you have a wonderful day or night and I'll see you in the next chapter

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
122K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC