The Right Thing To Do { Drac...

By imnessa_

"๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐จ. ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ . ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
1- Just The Beginning
2- The Sorting Hat
3- First Day of Classes
4- Best Friend
5- Maturity Levels
6- Worry and Stress
7- The First Lie
8- Quiddich Try-Outs
9-Hogsmeade
10- Amortentia
11-Writing an Essay
12- Scary Kitty
13- Conjuring a Patroness
14- Relationships
15-A Letter
16- A Murder
17- Friends Again
18- The Portkey
19- A Familiar Scent
20- Christmas Eve
21- It's Christmas!
23- You Mustn't Tell Lies
24- Punishments
25- Draco?
26-Feelings
27- A Whole New World
28- Unexpected Visitors
29-A Task
30-To The Train
31- Back at Hogwarts
32-Dancing to Death
33- Family Meeting
34- The Truth
35- Back Together (ish)
36- Harry?
37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment
38- Goodbye
39- Edgar
Epilogue
A/N

22- Iceskating

1.4K 35 37
By imnessa_

A/N: got this pic from @ t22feltonz on insta!

Draco's POV

"Wake up, kids!" I woke up from hearing Rosalie knocking on the door. "We are going ice skating today for your last day of Christmas vacation before school tomorrow!" She told us and left.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes. Boy am I tired.
I looked over to my right to see Evanora sleeping peacefully with her kitten cuddled up next to her. I smiled to myself and then I got up to go wake her. I didn't want to because she looked so peaceful, but we had to go soon.

I approached her bed and gently shook her and said, "Darling, wake up. We have to go."
She groaned and turned around, waking the kitten. Cookie stretched then hopped off the bed and headed straight to her cat food.

"Darling," I said softly and tried shaking her again.

"No," She groaned again.

"Fine then, but I'm taking Cookie with me," I said and walked over and picked up the kitten.

"No give her back!" Evanora jumped out of bed and snatched Cookie right out of my arms.

I smirked and she walked back over to her bed and sat down.

"Why'd you have to wake me?" She questioned.

"We are going ice skating apparently so go get ready," I said and picked out some clothes from my dresser. I took out some black pants and a green coat to go over my black button down shirt.

"I don't know how to ice skate," she said.

"I'll teach you," I replied. I'm a pretty good ice skater, if I do say so myself.

She didn't respond but she set Cookie on the bed and grabbed some clothes from the dresser and went to the bathroom.

I quickly changed then fixed my hair. I sprayed some cologne and waited patiently for Evanora.

I heard Cookie meow and I picked her up and held her on my bed. She purred as I petted her.

Moments later, Evanora left the bathroom. She had on a dark green coat with a black dress under. She wore the same headband in her hair that I adored. We even matched uncoincidentally. She wasn't wearing any makeup but she looked as beautiful as ever.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked.

"Because you're gorgeous," I smirked and winked at her and she looked away. I could tell she was blushing. Adorable.

She walked over to me and Cookie and said, "I think she likes you." I looked down at the kitten sleeping in my arms. I kind of liked having a pet.

"I think she does too," I smiled and gently set Cookie down on my bed. I walked over to her food to make sure she had enough then we went downstairs.

For breakfast, Rosalie made scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and toast.

As soon as we finished eating, we left the house to go ice skating. We all piled into the muggle car. I've never been in one before because I always use floo powder or a train. I kind of liked it.

We were all squished in the back seat and Evanora was in the middle with me and Damien on both of her sides. I didn't like how close she was to Damien, but I couldn't do anything about it.

"I'm sorry it's tight back there. When we bought this car, we only had one son. Now we have two sons and a daughter," Garry laughed and Evanora said, "That's okay," and gave a sweet smile. She was so easy going and I'm the opposite.

I thought it was cute that Garry thought of us as his kids now, but I didn't particularly like it because that would imply that me and Evanora are brother and sister... That's awkward.

"Have you ever been ice skating, Ava?" Damien asked. I hate when he calls her Ava. Her name is Evanora not Ava. We only need that name when we're in public.

"No," She said shyly.

"I'll teach you. I'm on a competitive figure skating team. I've won so many awards," Damien said proudly. What a prick. I was going to teach her. Of course Mr. Show Off had be on some dumb muggle skating team. Muggles have the oddest hobbies.

"That sounds great!" Evanora said and I felt a scowl come on my face. I looked out the window and didn't look back or say anything until we arrived.

When we did, I hopped out of the muggle car and waited to shut the door until Evanora came out but of course she went to his side. I slammed the door and turned to go to the rink.

"You okay, sweetie?" Rosalie said as she inspected her muggle car door to make sure it wasn't going to fall off.
"Just not feeling good," I faked a smile and passed her to walk in. Damien was going on and on about how good of a skater he is and I just scoffed. Who would want to talk to a show off?
Garry handed us our skates and we put them on.

"How do I even tie these?" Evanora asked looking down at her skates.

"Let me help you," Damien said and knelt down to tie her skates. I scoffed once more and looked away.

"Draco, you need help?" Damien asked me and I shot him a glare. I tied my skates and got up. Damien shrugged and walked to the ice.

"Behave," Evanora whispered to me and gave me her 'you better not show your ass or I'll beat it' face. She turned to march to the ice but fell backwards, not realizing it was hard to walk in ice skates.

I caught her in my arms and she looked surprised from the fall.

"You need to be more careful, Princess," I smirked and she widened her eyes and quickly stood back up. She tried walking again but lost her balance once more.

I put my hands on her waist and held her up. I looked down at her and she looked up at me and her face was bright red. Adorable.

"Careful," I smirked. I loved teasing her like this, her facial expressions are so funny and adorable.

"Ahem," I heard Damien clear his throat and I shot him a glare. I took my hands off her waist and he grabbed her hand.

"Come on let's go," he said and pulled her to walk with him. She looked at me for a second then went with him. She was having a difficult time walk but Damien didn't seem to care. He just kept on pulling her. Ass.

I stayed off the ice and watched as she laughed as she slipped and fell. I wanted to go make sure she was okay but she was laughing so I guess she's fine.

"Aren't you going to skate?" Rosalie asked as her and Garry prepared to step out on the ice.

"I'm going to wait for a few minutes," I said and they nodded and headed out.

My eyes followed Evanora and Damien as she kept falling and he helped her up. He's supposed to catch her, not drop her. Dumbass. At least she wasn't getting hurt.

Nevermind. I spoke too soon.

"Damien!" Evanora screamed as Damien tried showing off by doing some kind of spin but instead he kicked her in the leg with his skate. She fell to the ground and so did he.

I activated my fight or flight response and zoomed onto the ice and knelt down by her side. She had a few tears coming out of her eyes as she gripped her leg.

The idiot was just laying next to her on the ice in shock.

"Are you okay?" I asked frantically. Obviously she was not.

"Let's get up," I said and went to pick her up but Damien stopped me.

"Let me help her," He said but I just pushed him back down on the ice and said, "You've done enough."
"My goodness! What happened? Do you need help?" Rosalie said as she approached the scene.

"Damien decided to kick Evanora in the leg with his skate. I got this," I replied and scooped her up and my arms and carried her off the ice. I took her to the bathroom that said "family" on it. I've never seen one of these before but it had a man and a woman on the door so I assumed we were allowed to be in there together.
I sat her on the counter and looked at her leg. She was bleeding a lot.

"You know I could fix this with magic," I said and pulled out my wand.

"Draco, you can't. Why did you bring your wand?" She said with her eyes wide.

"You didn't bring yours? What would you do if something happened? What if Voldemort came and you couldn't protect yourself?" I yelled.

"Draco-"
"No. You bring your wand wherever you go, got it?" I demanded and she nodded. She looked down and I immediately regretted yelling at her.

I lifted up her chin so she was looking at me.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I just need you to be safe," I said softly and kissed her forehead. She blushed and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

I grabbed some paper towels and I wet them. I pressed it on her wound and she winced.

"Easy," I said as she flinched. I waited a few seconds and took off the towel that was now covered with blood. I threw it away and went to grab another when someone knocked on the door.

"Someone's in here," I said loudly so the person would go away.

"It's Rosalie. I have something for you," She said and I opened the door.

"This is a bandage. I'm not sure if you've used one but you take this paper off and stick it on the wound. Make sure you get the little white cotton on the actual cut," She explained and closed the door.
I walked over to Evanora and put the bandage on the spot.

"Thanks," She said shyly and looked down.

"Anytime," I smirked and helped her down. I held her up to make sure she wouldn't fall. "Can you walk?" I asked and she nodded. She started walking to the door and slipped backwards again. Just like before, I caught her.

"Such a clumsy girl," I smirked and helped her back up. "I think I should just carry you there," I laughed and she smiled.

"I think that would be a good idea," She said and I picked her up bridal style and she wrapped her arms around me. I liked holding her like this.

We left the bathroom and immediately Damien came running (and tripping) over to us.
"Are you ready to get back out there?" He asked her. She was about to talk but I wouldn't let her.

"Not with you, she's not," I said and passed him and carried her out to the ice. I set her down and held her up with caution.

"Draco, I think I just want to quit," She said as she looked at the ice with a worried look.

"You'll be fine. I've got you," I said and let go of her for a second. I kept my hands close so I could catch her if she stumbled over.
She immediately lost her balance and gripped onto my arm.

"Draco, this isn't a good idea."
"Sure it is," I said and held both her hands. I looked over my shoulder to make sure the coast was clear and I began skating backwards, pulling her with me.

Her eyes went wide as she looked down at the ice.

"Don't look down. Look into my eyes," I said and she looked up into my eyes and seemed to calm down a bit.

"One foot after the other," I said and she began to skate without relying on me pulling her. She began to look down again and slip but I caught her.

"Quit looking down. Focus on me," I said and she looked back up. I began to skate backwards again, holding both of her hands. She tightly gripped my hands as if I was just going to let go.

She began to pick up one foot at a time and as she got more comfortable, I sped up.

Soon, she seemed pretty confident in skating but wouldn't let go of my hands. Of course, I didn't mind.

We skated around the rink pretty quickly. I frequently looked over my shoulder to make sure no one was behind us, but there were only about five other people skating.

She looked into my eyes as we sped around the ice and I could see in her eyes that she trusted me.

She wasn't focusing on her skating as much as she was focused on me.

I was focused on making sure she was safe and making sure I wouldn't crash into anyone.

We were silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable. Everyone around us was just a blur and my eyes were on her. I could hear the muggle music that was playing and I was close enough to her that I could smell her sweet perfume.

I decided to break to silence to say, "You're beautiful," and she smiled and looked down.

"Eyes on me," I repeated and she quickly looked back up into my eyes.

"You know you're beautiful, right? And you have the most beautiful smile," I said admiring her. I've never said anything like this to her or to anyone. I'm a little rusty..

"Thanks," She blushed and smiled sweetly.

I wasn't sure if I should say it or not but I had a burning desire to just let it out. So I did.

"I love you," I said and her eyes widened and she slipped and fell into my arms. We stood there for a second with my hands on her waist and her arms wrapped around my neck.

This is the time to do it.

I slowly lowered my head to kiss her, but she let go and pushed me away.

"I'm going to change out of my skates. It looks like we are getting ready to leave," she said and I looked over to the McConnell's who were changing their shoes. I sighed and watched her skate to the exit, while almost losing her balance, but she caught herself.

I retreated to the benches and watched as Damien when right back to flirting with Evanora. 

A/N: Thanks for 400 views!! It means a lot !!! Have a happy day :) -nessa<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 14.3K 45
Everybody in the Wizard World seems to know The Boy Who Lived, but nobody ever heard of his little sister untill she goes to Hogwarts. She finds out...
12.5K 453 46
โ›๐Ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ž, ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ญโœ Grieving over your brother's death sends you into a...
33.9K 626 74
"she found the colours to paint him, where the world left him grey." -Atticus ~From Third year~ Evanora Vienna Black,always in the shadows. But what...
22.9K 552 36
โ˜† second story in the sequel โ˜† โ€ข go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! โœฐโ˜ฝโ™ก๐‘โœฏโ˜ผ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...