Broken

Por AMLKoski

Liviya Burch had a wonderful life, loving parents and a bright future filled with love. Everything for her wa... Más

.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
.31.
.32.
.33.
.34.
.35.
.36.
.37.
.38.
.39.
.40.
.41.
.42.
Epilogue: Part 1
Epilogue: Part 2
Epilogue: Part 3
Epilogue: Part 4
Epilogue: Part 5
Author's Note
Love is Never Easy: The prompt that started it all
Available for Purchase

.6.

2.9K 221 34
Por AMLKoski

I could practically feel his gaze as it moved up my body and it left a trail of heat in its wake. I gave a small shiver as his eyes found mine. The desire in his gaze wasn't disguised for a brief moment and I watched as he shook himself, his eyes narrowing as he stood up. I rocked back and forth on my feet, becoming acutely aware of the water I was dripping everywhere.

I tugged my towel closer to my body as he walked over. He said something in Orrian that I believed was directed at me and I gave him a blank look. He handed me the translator, grasped the edge of the towel and then pointed to his ear.

I frowned wondering if I interpreted it right. "Dry my ear out then put the translator in?" I watched as he nodded before he walked down the hallway and into his bedroom. I shifted my towel so one half covered my chest before carefully tilting my head and using the other corner to dry my ear. I quickly adjusted the towel and put the translator in like I had felt Rhex do. I looked down at the floor and felt a shudder run down my back.

"They have rooms that try to kill me and showers that touch me inappropriately. This is going to be so awesome." I couldn't help the sarcasm that entered my tone as I held the towel tightly, terrified it would fall off. I was highly attracted to Rhex, it was a given with a soulmate, but at the same time he was always hot and cold. That wasn't entire conducive to a bond and I didn't want to end up in an uncomfortable sexual situation with him due to it.

"I had forgotten how sensitive humans are in regards to many of our devices. I apologize for not warning you." He was standing beside me and I jumped in surprise. He held out a few clothes that I took and clutched to my chest, staring at him with wide eyes as he ran a hand through his hair. "I shall have to shut off the cleaner in the shower. I don't wish for my shower to 'touch you inappropriately' again. I do not wish for you to be uncomfortable here." There was sincerity in his eyes and I felt myself relax slightly.

"It's okay, it was just really strange and unsettling. I'm not used to that method of cleaning one's self." I felt amused suddenly and I chuckled. "I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. Sexually deviant mist. That's a first... Well behind murderous vibrating rooms and bathrooms that eat clothing." I laughed at the look on his face and pressed a hand to my face, shaking my head.

"The vibrating room, as you call it, is actually a teleporter. They function similar to your elevators but they are much faster." He shrugged, his hands behind his back again. The gesture seemed to be happening a lot and I wondered why, it didn't seem like it was natural to his habits. "As for the bathroom taking your clothes. It did take them. They are going to be cleaned and then put in the closet. A lot of spaces on the ship are automated as such." I had to admit that it did make a lot of sense.

I felt a cool breeze blow across my shoulders and I swallowed. "I should probably get dressed." I shuffled to the side, letting Rhex pass me.

"They are built for an Orrian so they will be large on your frame." He walked back to the sofa and sat down. I let my gaze linger for a moment before I turned and headed into the bathroom. I set the clothes on the counter and lifted the first piece. It was a well-worn t-shirt that looked to be two sizes too large but I said nothing as I dropped the towel and pulled it over my head. It fell halfway down my thighs and I picked up the second item. I raised my eyebrows at the small pair of shorts. They looked to be too small for Rhex and I shrugged before pulling them on. They fit a little big on me but they covered what needed to be covered. I picked up the towel and hung it on the rack before leaving the room.

"I take it the shorts aren't yours." I stepped into the sitting room and watched as Rhex shook his head, his back to me.

"They were my sister's. I was surprised I still had them. Your clothes should been done in about twenty minutes but you can keep those if you like." He was taking apart the rifle again as I moved towards one of the chairs and sat down. I watched him work, he looked almost relaxed as he inspected each piece of his gun.

"I'm going to need more than two outfits." I stated it absentmindedly and then sat up with wide eyes. My parents. I had to tell my parents what had happened. "Is there any way I can call my parents?" I needed to let them know I was okay.

He frowned but didn't look up. "I can get you new clothes." The words had an edge of something I didn't understand, as if he was trying to tell me something without actually saying it.

"It's not about clothes, it's about letting them know I am alright. I left the house thinking I was going to be recycled and so did they. They need to know that I am okay." I could hear the bite in my voice and I took a deep breath, trying to keep my annoyance in check.

"You can't call them. This ship doesn't have any contact with humans unless it is through the Council." His tone was back to being emotionless and I sighed.

"Of course it doesn't." I let out another sigh, pressing my face into my hands. "Can I ever contact them?" The thought made my throat close with sudden emotion and lifted my head to look at Rhex.

His movements slowed as he took off another piece of his rifle, he let out a small sigh. "I will do my best to get word to your parents that you are alright." His words were comforting and I fiddled with my fingers in my lap, feeling an awkward silence creeping up as he went back to taking apart his gun. His movements were precise and slightly graceful as he placed each part on the glass coffee table.

"Can you teach me how to put it together?" I looked from the parts and back up to his face. He looked stiff but then suddenly relaxed, I saw his mouth twitch upwards slightly.

"I can." He shifted over slightly on the couch and I smiled before jumping up. I moved around the table and sat down beside him, looking at him with a touch of excitement. I had never really been allowed near guns before and it was almost exciting. He deftly took apart the rest of it then handed me the stock of the rifle. "Alright, I need you to grab that part right there." He pointed at a part on the table and I picked it up. I smiled at him and he gave me a crooked one in return.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so this one goes here?" I snapped the piece into place and Rhex nodded. I had put it together and taken it apart several times and even though I couldn't name half of the parts, I had a general idea of where they were supposed to go. The rifle had been heavier than I thought and the metal was cool on my skin as I carefully set it on the table.

Rhex reached over and picked it up, looking it over. "It looks good. A few more times and you can do it with your eyes closed." There was a slight hint of teasing in his tone and I smiled, my face heating up slightly. I felt a yawn rise up and I covered my mouth. Rhex looked at me before looking at the clock on the wall. "It is late, we should probably get some sleep." I gave a nod, stretching my arms over my head with a yawn. The stretching felt good and my back popped in several spots.

"You can have the bedroom, I'll sleep of the sofa." He gestured to the hallway and I raised an eyebrow. There was no way he could fit onto the couch, his frame was too large.

"No, I'll sleep on the sofa. I had the bed all day." I stood up and gave him a small smile. "You are a little big to be sleeping on the sofa. It would be uncomfortable for you, besides it's your house and I'm the guest." He tilted his head at me, his eyes narrowing slightly as if he were trying to puzzle me out. I moved away, heading into the kitchen looking for a glass of water.

"I'll grab you a blanket and your clothes." His voice echoed slightly in the hallway as I pulled open cupboards in search of a glass. I found them and then looked for the tap but there was only the strange bubble on the counter I had seen Rhex place the dirty dishes in. "Here." I jumped at how close he was and he held out a blanket and my clothes. We switched as I handed him the glass and took the blanket and clothes. I walked towards the couch, placing the items on top of it. I could hear him walking over and I looked up as he held out the glass, now full of water. I took it with a small smile that wasn't returned.

"Don't forget to take your translator out. I'll be in the bedroom if you need anything." His face was even and I watched as he turned around and disappeared into the hallway. I listened as the door clicked shut and I moved my clothes to the side, spreading the blanket over the couch before crawling under it. I carefully took the translator, despite how much I had already slept I felt rather exhausted so when the lights shut off I closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~

I sat up in a panic, giving a small cry of fear. I did not know where I was and the remnants of a nightmare I couldn't remember hung off me. I clutched at my medallion, stroking it between my fingers. I let reality seep back into my mind, chasing away the heavy feeling of the nightmare, reminding me of where I was and what had happened. I took several trembling breaths in and out. The nightmare was so vivid but I couldn't remember anything, just the fear but it had been all consuming like it was eating away at me.

I paused before looking around, I was sitting on a bed, not the sofa. I pulled back the covers and stood up. I ignored the chill the tiles gave me as I slowly made my way down the hallway and into the sitting room. The lights turned on but just enough to take the edge off of the darkness.

I looked over the edge of the sofa and Rhex was sprawled on it. He was too tall to lay on it properly and one leg rested on the floor and the other hung over the edge of the arm rest. One of his arms covered his eyes and his mouth hung open slightly. His breath coming in soft puffs.

My eyes felt gritty and I rubbed at them, noticing the blanket had fallen on the floor. I moved around the sofa and picked it up before gently covering him with it again. I went to walk away when a hand grabbed my wrist tightly and I was pulled down onto a hard chest, my face close to his. I let out a small noise of surprise, my heart beating hard in my chest as his arms wrapped around me tightly, practically forcing the air from my lungs. He barked something in Orrian, his voice laced with sleep.

"Rhex!" It was practically a squeak and the arms immediately loosened. His voice rumbled up his chest and through to mine. The lights brightened and I looked at him with wide eyes. He rubbed at his eyes with one of his hands, he looked at me in sleepy confusion. "I'm sorry, I had a bad dream and I came out here because I was in the bedroom and then I put the blanket back on you. I didn't mean to wake you up." I felt his arm tighten slightly around me as his eyes finally focused on mine. I was so close to him I could feel his warm breath on my face, I swallowed hard as heat curled through me once more.

Everything about him seemed to hit a chord deep within me that no one had ever struck before. When he was around me the air seemed to be charged with electricity. When he touched me, my skin fairly burned as if each touch was a brand into my skin. His scent drew me in turning my brain into a hazy and foggy mess where I didn't know up from down. I had never truly experienced such a potent desire before and it almost scared me.

It wasn't an urge to touch him or to be near him, it was a bone deep need. As if he was just as important to my survival as breathing. His arm around my waist and his warm breath in my face made me light headed and almost dizzy. Everything seemed almost too warm but at the same time not warm enough.

I felt my breathing grow shallow as I looked into his eyes, everything in me wanted to close the few inches and press my lips to his own. To see if they were as hard as they appeared or it they would soften as he kissed me. I couldn't help myself and I dropped my head down, brushing my lips against his in the barest hint of a kiss but the heat of it surged through me like an inferno.

I felt the groan Rhex let out more than I heard it. My heart was pounding in my ears as his arm tightened around me and his other hand cupped the back of my head, pulling me back down. His lips captured mine in a searing kiss that threatened to burn me to ash but I greedily wanted more.

I reached up, freeing my pinned arm and pressed my hand to the side of his neck, feeling his pulse pound harshly against my palm. The heat from his skin sent little shocks through my nerves. He moved his mouth on mine and his lips were both soft yet firm. My mind felt like it had turned to mush and everything faded away except for the raw need that suddenly surged through my body.

He pulled back with a gasp as if he was taking in air that had been denied him before he sat up quickly, pushing me away and putting a significant amount of space between us as he did so. The rejection was a sharp pain that sliced through me. I pressed my hand to my chest as if trying to stop the pain from consuming me. I watched as he paced, his hand in his hair. I looked down at my hands before I brought one up to touch my lips, they tingled pleasantly. The only evidence that the kiss had happened, that he may have enjoyed it as well.

He started speaking in rapid Orrian and I glanced up at him. He looked frustrated as he paced and I blinked, watching his even pacing. His voice was enough to send shivers up and down my spine even if I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying.

"You do realize I don't understand, right?" I blinked as he froze into place. He turned to look at me and I felt suddenly pinned under the intensity of his gaze. He moved towards me slowly and I shifted back, feeling somewhat like a mouse being watched by a hawk. He picked something up off the coffee table and moved closer. My heart slammed into the front of my chest as he gripped my chin and pulled my head to the side. I felt him place the translator into my ear before he turned my face towards him. He wasn't looking at me and it felt like something was wrong.

"I cannot touch you. It makes things complicated." His words were even and controlled. I looked up at his face and winced at the blank look he had on. "I have training to do so I will be gone in just over a week. I must serve my people and you are just a distraction."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

685 126 24
<COMPLETED> Fasten your seatbelts, towards the journey of mixed emotions... They say life is hard. Yes, it is. But can you imagine how hard it...
98.3K 3.5K 64
When Daisy was abducted by aliens and forced to work on their ship, she felt hopeless as she watched species of all kinds being drained of their bloo...
126K 2.9K 24
Aliens are real. They infested Earth in hope to find their "mate". They call themself the Matters. **************************************************...
67.7K 9.5K 34
At birth, I was given a necklace that was half of a unique shape and my soulmate wore the other half. The warmer it got, the closer together we were...