Break Him Out Of His Shell

By Mjsherwind

Fifth Sector is a group that has regulated soccer within Japan and are trying to take over the world with reg... More

Explanation (Highly Important)
Chapter 1: Encounters
Chapter 2: Victory
Charter 4: Eito Gakuen
Chapter 5: Captain!
Chapter 6: Tears
Chapter 7: Tengawara
Chapter 8: Yuichi
Chapter 9: Kurama, No!
Chapter 10: Nursing
Chapter 11: Meeting
Chapter 12: Discovering
Chapter 13: Paying
Chapter 14: His Return
Chapter 15: Masks
Chapter 16: Mother Tenma
Chapter 17: Unexpected Half
Chapter 18: Friendship

Chapter 3: Try-outs

1K 41 52
By Mjsherwind

-Third's PoV-
Takuto's eyes had the same glint they had the previous day, in fact, it grew as Tenma got the ball and sent a precise pass to Shinsuke, a big grin on his face as the little one started dribbling. When the brunet received a pass from the tiny player, the captain moved, he pushed Tenma aside with his shoulder, cold eyes fixed on metallic ones as the sphere was passed to Kurama.
A strange girl with orange hair and blue ribbon shouted from the bench for the brunet to get up, which he did. Quickly, he got the ball and shot, a normal simple shot, he scored. Sangoku wasn't expecting him to score. "Nice shot!" He encouraged the brunet with a thumbs up, he kicked the ball up to Kirino who had it stolen by Tenma. Shindou started getting tired of his plays, ball going from the brunet's feet to Shinsuke's; his rough plays were earning some glares from the elder teammates, he did't notice the smiles of the other's faces when they played against Tenma and Shinsuke, it was like playing football freely again; they were enjoying the game for the first time in a while.
There where three other players, who envy the level the brunet and the blue banded player had; and decided to play only in between them. Once they saw the opportunity to hit the eight number with the sphere, they did.

-Tenma's PoV-
I didn't expect the ball to hit me, my eyes focused on my arm, it hurt, it hit recent cuts. I couldn't stop moving, I needed to enter Raimon, it was my dream and in no way I was going home without a new uniform on. Goenji would be disappointed if I do not enter, it is my dream and before me there was the key to it: a ball; my dream was a meter away from me; I did not stop running until the ball hit the net. My sleeves had rolled up a bit, I pushed them down as a smiley Shinsuke jumped onto my back and applauded me. Shindou's plays were rougher after that, each time he had the ball he would kick it to my direction. I started feeling lightheaded; I knew he was talking but I couldn't understand anything. He shot at me, dancing points of light started covering my vision. I don't know how I did it; I was in ball possession. I swung on my feet. I could no longer maintain myself. I embraced the hard pitch.
I heard as Kudou started shouting, a small hand was shaking my shoulder, someone was aiding me back up saying "Easy there, new one!"
"The ones that will take part in Raimon's team are: Shinsuke Nishizono and Tenma Matsukaze. The rest of you, go before I call your parents." It was hard to breath but i managed to relax and hugged Nishizono. I had made it! After all I was in Raimon, I am a player of Raimon.

-Third's PoV-
Kudou gave them their new uniforms, those two were going to make Raimon win, he knew that, with those two Raimon would become the Raimon he misses. He noticed Tenma liked long sleeves, Tenma smiled at the adult as he took his new uniform.
The three murmured to the selves how they weren't on the team as Raimon was missing quite a few players.
From the distance, Tenma saw as Tsurugi , who was sitting on the stairs, told the second years something. That very little conversation made te players turn their back to the pitch, they seemed mad, fuming at Tsurugi.
"Tomorrow we will have some practice." Kudou said after some seconds. "We will have a match against Eito Gakuen on Saturday." He informed, the two first years really seem to be like him, so exited about the outcome, the same smile, showing their enthusiasm; he missed those faces in this period he has been Raimon's coach.
No one realised as Tsurugi had descend from the stairs. "If I were you, I wouldn't spend much time training; after all the score order is 2-0. Raimon looses." He had his characteristic smirk on. He left, Shinsuke's eyes widened, was there really an order? Were matches decided before playing them?
On a side of the pitch, Kirino was supporting Takuto, small tears rolling down his face, that boy was going to end them, he was going to be the cause of Raimon's closure, for sure.
Tenma went to te changing room right after his teammates left, a smile from ear to ear. Finally he was on the same team as Gouenji had once been! His mind travelled back at the score order, he knew some games appear to be forces but he knew nothing of the extent of Fifth Sector's power, he had underestimated them.

-Tenma's PoV-
Takuto was outside Raimon, facing Tsurugi, he raised his fist. Tsurugi was crossed arm, waiting for the impact to come, probably to return the punch twice as hard. I interfered, I received the hit on the face. I couldn't stand violence, not after what had been done to me. The blow made a box in my mind flick open; thousands of memories were bombarding me: hits, kicks, punches, insults, names, jokes... I reacted out of instinct, I took some steps back, I hit my back with Tsurugi's abdomen. Slowly I turned to look at him, it wasn't Tsurugi who was behind  me, it was another boy I knew all too well. I didn't noticed Tsurugi's expression, nor captain's.
Letting my feet lead the way, I ran out of that situation. I ended up on the riverbank. My head was hurting, a voice was telling me I was weak, that I am weak for letting my suffering out like that, it was demanding me to keep this things gathered for me only. I was so messed up.
I cried making myself a ball, letting it all out until sobs choked out. It was then when I turned on my phone and selected a random song. I closed my eyes as I hiccup. I love listening to music, piano's solos specially. I hummed along with the song, trying to evade all those awful memories. I noticed as a hand was placed on my shoulder.

Gouenji was worried, sat by my side, he had his long hair on a tight knot and was wearing a black tracksuit. He seemed very concerned, he turned to look at me and patted his lap, asking why was I in such a state.
"Nothing... just... memories tormented me today." I said right after he gave me one of his looks, I couldn't dare to look away. He brushed my hair with his fingers on a calming motion. I closed my eyes and leaned to the touch. Not many people can touch me, I keep flinching except when they are close to me. I wanted you to know where he was the other day, but I needed this contact. Specially when I had his voice whispering in my ear: "You are a fagot, liking to be held by strong arms of a man, so weak". I needed to be strong and forget those voices are there. We played for a bit against one another, finally the voices shut down.
"Tenma, let's go, Aki will be worried." He side walked with me to Aki's apartments residence. When he left the insults became louder, my head was hurting so much. After some painkillers, a shower and a very light dinner, I decided to do as the voice said, I cleaned the red of the bathroom before going to bed, new bandages around my arms, the itching made it easier to fall asleep.

-Tsurugi's PoV-
I had waited for "captain" to hit me, so I could kick him off and, instead it was this boy who took the blow! I was about to explode from laughter when I saw the terrified look he had on his eyes, his pupils were tiny, his iris so big. It made my heart clung and it was not the first time that this happened; his face went blank, his legs were trembling as if they could't support his weight any longer, he stared into my orbs, searching for something. He found it, he took some steps back in horror and started running away. What was going on with this boy? Why did he take the punch? Those questions roamed in my mind and I had no answer for them. I decided it was best to keep this to myself and might as well see my brother, I have had no time to visit him lately.
Still, after the long talk about Holly Road I was not relaxed, my heart weighted a lot, something was still off with me, that damn boy! He was the cause of what I'd happening!
"Tsck" Yuuichi noticed something was wrong, he tried to know but I couldn't bring myself to tell him, he had enough on his shoulder for me to add more. He left me on my own, knowing I will sort it out on my own.
I started walking, until I saw a figure... Matsukaze? On someone's lap. I looked around: the riverbank of course. I sat down, leaned on a tree. This was going to be entertaining to watch. I could tell he was crying.
"Thank you, Gouenji. I don't know how did you find me... I am so broken that can't be helped!" He yelled in pain. Broken? Him? Doesn't appear to be! The man hugged him closer... wait, did Matsukaze said 'Gouenji'? From Raimon? It was him who impulsed me to play football. I loved watching him play.
They decided to play agains each other, this brought a Sam all smile to Tenma's face.
"Come on, Tenma!" The elder encouraged the younger, Tenma and Gouenji placed the self next to one another and twisted while jumping, Tenma to the left and Goenji to the right; fire tornadoes surrounded them both. The ball was on Tenma's feet, they kicked it together. "Fire Tornado Double Drive!" Two people, making the shot together! The shot was difficult, their bond must be old for them to do it so perfectly.
"Tenma, show me what you've got!" What? Tenma positioned himself on the defence, he couldn't make a goal, he was very far from the goalmouth! He made the same sequence as before, black wings appeared on his back, the ball was surrounded by white flames and adopted a pair of wings too, one white, the other one pitch black. I was mesmerised as he kicked it: Blank, that was what the technique was called. It went straight into the net, the wind from the shot was very potent, I had to cover my eyes at some point. I heard a rag. The net had been destroyed. I turned to look at a smily Tenma and an impressed Gouenji, not even my shot with Lancelot could do that!
"Good job! I am so proud of you! The elder bent to kiss the other's head. It was enough, I left before Gouenji could turn and see me, I felt like I have watched something too private. I brushed the foreign feeling away and started my way home.

-Third's PoV-
That Saturday morning Tenma woke up. He was in no mood to play a match, he wanted to stay in bed, it had been a stressful week, he deserved to sleep in, but he couldn't fail his team or he would feel even worse with himself. He felt sore from all the training he had done, his muscles ached, his head hurt. He felt as if he was the cause Raimon was tearing apart, he and Shinsuke were the only ones who trained, the rest sat on the benches. It was such a hard sight that it has started to get into him. In no time the voice would tell him exactly that. He had to get out of bed. He asked himself: Why do I do this? Why do I need to go?
"I need to okay for them, they are my teammates, they are my friends, they might not be my friends but... I want them to be." You don't deserve friends, stupid boy. "Thank you for reminding me, Jack. I need to play, if not, Raimon might be destroyed, school can't be closed, they won last year but the football team... Gouenji told me to be strong and I will stand strong one last time." He said to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 115 24
When a few members of Inazuma fell in another dimension. It's the task to survive. Can they find a way to escape and go back to their own dimension...
11.2K 679 37
Following the grand Football Frontier events of the previous year, misfortune befell upon Suzuki Sumire, as she suffered from a grievous injury, whil...
118K 5.2K 58
⚠️English isn't my main language! Be warned of bad grammar! - ALSO I misspell Tsurugi to TSUGURI so I am so sorry! I'll do my best to correct that i...
4.5K 340 68
When Avril Karasu shows up for her first day of school at the Raimon High School, she has every intention of staying away from soccer. She doesn't wa...