Colour Me

By MistyGrey200

When reality shatters him, Gleam creates a world of his own. As a form of escapism, 17-year-old Gleam Wuthri... More

Prologue
Before (1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
PLAYLIST
Chapter 1: Elaine
Chapter 2: Elaine
Chapter 4: Gleam
Chapter 5: Elaine
Chapter 6: Gleam
Chapter 7: Elaine

Chapter 3: Elaine

210 95 23
By MistyGrey200

The house was not at all what I expected. When the large metal bar gate opened, my eyes were awaiting a white mansion, a large fountain in the center, a garden with beautiful scenery, and white horses. Okay maybe I exaggerated on the horses but with all that money he offered, I assumed so much.

But here I was, waking up to see a simple white and navy blue McMansion. The terrace, however, is breathtaking. It had a variety of flowers with brilliant colors. The scenery embellished the dark and forlorn the house displayed. But it was unique and alluring in a way.

I stepped out of the car, clutching my bag in one hand. Mr Wuthrich, who's name I just learned, stepped out and headed to the boot of the car. We didn't get a chance to get my clothes back at home. So Mr Wuthrich suggested buying new ones at the mall once I settled.

As Mr. Wuthrich got his bags, I started to walk over to the patio. The sound of bags falling to the ground caught my attention and I found myself running to help him. But he signaled me to keep walking and that he could handle it. So I reacquaint myself with the patio.

Right there on the tiles were white stools with white plant pots. Each pot contains flowers grouped like a bride's bouquet. His wife must be obsessed with flowers. My attention was consumed by the plants so much so that I didn't hear him open the door.

I rushed inside and stood behind him. The interior was not what I expected either. It was simply beautiful. From the white themed walls to the white stairs on the left covered with a navy blue carpet from top to bottom and the kitchen just on my right. A set of navy blue sofas were neatly arranged just beneath the staircase. Each contained two aquamarine pillowcase.

"Honey I'm home, " Mr Wuthrich announced dragging to suitcases.

Then came rushing in a brunette with a floral dress and apron wrapped around her waist, " I didn't even hear you pull in, " she said hugging him and planting a kiss on his cheek, " how was the trip?"

Before he could explain, she came to give me a bear hug, " And you must be Elaine, so nice to meet you. I love your complexion, " she said, playing with the tips of my hair.

He rolled his eyes in amusement "Okay you girls can continue your little chat, I'll just take these to my room, " and he walled upstairs.

"So Elaine, you must be starving? Why don't we head to the kitchen and I can offer you something?" she asked, pulling me into the kitchen. She has this bubbly behavior that's not sitting right with me.

Like why are you so happy? Do you need to smile at the end of each sentence?

She opened up the cabinets, removing almost everything in them, " So what would you like to eat? We have so much here just take your pick, " she offered still removing what was left in the cabinet.

"Thank......" she interrupted me before I could continue.

"We have so much in here, or are you into fruits? We have a couple of pears and oranges in the fridge, "

"No...I'm, "

"Or maybe you'd like some dessert?" she went on grabbing each and everything that looked edible.

"Mum!" a voice shouted. I didn't even notice the little boy seated by the table, "she isn't hungry. She's been trying to tell you that for over five minutes now, "

I cleared my throat to ease the tension, " I'll just wait for dinner, "

"Okay love, I'll just head upstairs to help my husband unpack. Come to me if you need anything, " and that's how she headed upstairs.

I fixed my posture and walked over to the kid in the corner. When I was close, I noticed that he was eating chopped fruits in a bowl. Before I could say anything, someone walked in. Correction, a Greek god walked in.

Okay, people who let Zeus out of Olympus? Cause he gave me goosebumps all over my body. Sooner or later, I'll be on the ground!

He walked in like he was the only one in the room. Acknowledging nothing and relinquishing confidence. He had black silky hair that was longer in the front than at the back. It cascaded more on the left than the right. He had a sharp thin nose with a chiseled chin, and rosewood lips. But what was most attractive was his eyes. Those amber eyes sent sparks with my body. It was like the colors gold and brown had a baby in those eyes.

If he were to smile right now, I would melt to the floor.

He bypassed us and headed for the sink. Gently, he placed the dinner plate he came with into the sink. After washing it, he dried his hands with a hand towel and headed for the stairs.

Before he could go to his room, the boy called him" Hey Gleam, " he turned to face us, " this is the babysitter mum wanted you to meet, "

I raised my head a little higher to see his face. He stood there staring at me, "Oh Hey, " was all he said before walking upstairs and disappearing into the corridor.

I watched him till he was out of sight.

"And another girl has fallen head over heels for my brother, " the little boy chirped.

"What?" I asked pretending like I didn't hear what he just said.

He set his spoon in the bowl and looked at me, " Let's face it doll face, you think he's attractive, " he smirked. His blue eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

"Of course not, " I said which was a total lie but he didn't need to know that.

"Tell that to the drool on your face, " he chuckled when I reach up to check the side of my lip.

The entire time I was bickering with what looked like an eleven-year-old boy, he was in the room. He left with water in his hand and a smirk on his face. That's what I think I saw or maybe I was just delusional.

"Do you think he heard us?"

"I heard every single word, " was the last thing Gleam said before disappearing into the corridor.

I stood there frozen to the ground. My face felt numb from the not so crush confession. I've only been here for like what, thirty minutes and this happens.

Bury me!

"At least he knows about your crush now, "

Ooooh, how I wanted to strangle this kid.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

After my encounter with a devilish handsome introvert and an obnoxious smart ass, I took a shower. Amanda was kind enough to lend me her clothes. A plain nude shirt and black jeans.

The shower was amazing. I can't remember the last time I bathed without having to fix a tap with a bunch of rubber bands right after. Don't get me started on the shampoos and exotic soaps. I stepped out with a completely different body.

Damn even my hair feels great.

I step out of the bathroom and reacquaint with the bedroom. I never got a chance to look at the room when I walked in. All I wanted was to get rid of the sticky feeling my body was giving me. Not to mention the odor that came with the sweat.

The bedroom was beige, grey, and white themed. The walls were grey with long white curtains. A beige blanket covered the bed with cute matching pillows. In between the wardrobe was a white mirror. Opposite from it was a white dressing table. A grey round carpet laid in the center. It was simply beautiful.

After getting into the clothes, I headed for the mirror to fix my hair. Unfortunately for me, I was born on the side of the family that had thick afro hair. It was of black almost brown 4c hair. On the bright side, it was still wet from the shower so it fell off my shoulders perfectly. But I'm pretty sure tomorrow morning it will not be as perfect as it is.

I walked out of my room and into the corridor. My room was right opposite the staircase on the left so it was easy to get to the kitchen faster.

Amanda was already setting the table for dinner. In the corner, Gleam sat in the corner next to the window. He blocked the entire world with his earphones. He didn't acknowledge my presence but continued to gaze out the window. The moonlight was doing justice to his skin tone right now.

"Yesssss!" Liam screamed from the living room. He grabbed both Gleam and I's attention, " oh sorry, just beat my high score, " he explained. For a split second, Gleam looked at me then back at the window.

I left the dining room and went to help out Amanda in the kitchen. She had outdone herself tonight. Mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, grilled chicken breasts, salads and so much more. I didn't know they celebrated Christmas in July.

"What smells so good?" Mr. Wuthrich asked as he walked into the dining room. He had a tight-fitting casual white shirt on with black sweat pants.

He kissed Amanda on the cheek while she placed the drinks, "Its just a little welcome home meal, nothing much, "

Talk about modesty.

"Whatever it is, it smells delicious." he winked at her.

When everything was set, we all came together and sat around the dining table. Mr. Wuthrich sat in front. His wife sat on his left side while I sat on the right. Liam was supposed to sit next to me but he went to sit next to his mum. He even whispered you're welcome when Gleam came to sit next to me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

How is one supposed to eat with the feeling of ecstasy and anxiety at their feet?

I'll need Grace to survive this dinner.

The dinner was silent. Amanda would make small talk here and there. She asked Liam and Gleam how their last day of school was. She asked about my sister and my school life. Amanda also talked about her day and how she had to fight with someone at the marketplace. We all laughed at that except Gleam. But at least he smiled.

I wonder why he's like this. Silent and mysterious.

When the laughter died down, Mr Wuthrich made an announcement, " In this happy moment, I'd like to announce that we are going for a family vacation, "

Excitedly, Liam jumped out of his seat, " For real! Finally something fun is happening around here, " Amanda and I giggled at his remark.

"Yes, " Me Wuthrich chuckled, " we'll be traveling to Switzerland in one week, "

Abruptly, Gleam stormed out of the dining room. He slammed the door immediately after he got past the stairs.

Amanda cleared her throat, more like cleared the tension, " Uhmmm...Elaine, help me get these plates into the kitchen, "

"Sure, "

I piled a few plates and headed for the kitchen. I watched Mr. Wuthrich talk to his wife on the table. Liam had disappeared too so it was just the two of them.

"I'll go talk to him, " Mr. Wuthrich told his wife.

"Be easy on him, " and he went to talk to his son.

I walked back into the room. Amanda had her head in her hands. As soon as I walked in, she shifted from her seat and joined me in unsetting the table. I was so curious about what just happened. Why was Gleam so angry? Why does his father need to go easy on him? And why does Liam tease me about Gleam?

Okay, the last one wasn't necessary but it's still valid.

I set the last plate on the counter. Amanda had already started washing the dishes. I insisted that I could wash them but she refused.

"I got the rest of the things covered, you go rest. I'm sure you're tired, "

That I was, " Thank you for dinner, " was all I said before leaving her in the kitchen.

I climbed up the steps to my room. You could hear them both arguing and yelling at each other. The noise was so loud, it terrified me inside. They just kept throwing words at each other with so much anger and rage.

I bypassed Gleam's room where they were currently arguing. Before I could get into my room, at the end of the corridor was a door I never noticed before. It was slightly opened and dark inside. My curiosity won't let me rest till I know what's inside that room. So I strolled over there.

I pushed the door slowly and stepped inside. I turned on the light to see the room but it was bare. The walls were white with a wooden floor. It looked like it's never been touched. I walked further in front and saw buckets of paint in a corner.

I scanned the entire room for a painting but I couldn't see any. That was until I looked up to the roof. The most breathtaking scenery my eyes have ever seen. Just looking at it made air get stuck in my throat.

It was painting, no scratch that, it was a story sketched across the ceiling. Different moments a boy spent with his mother. It was heartfelt and incredible.

"What are you doing here?" a voice asked and it occurred to me I wasn't alone.

<*><*><*><*>

Hey my lovely readers

How do you like Elaine so far?

And Liam?

Two chapters will be released every after ten(10) days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 285 44
A girl with a dark past, scared to overcome it. In a tunnel desperately trying to find the light to see the end of it. Pleading to a god out ther...
11.1K 1.3K 47
||Completed|| Love is not an open door. Love is not a game. Love is not a fairytale. When the game of love leaves seventeen year old Serena Waltz hea...
18.6K 1K 43
Ally, 17 year old teenager, she's innocent, she stands up for herself but that gets her into a lot of trouble. She trusts her brother with her life...