³⁰ ᴅᴀʏs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ☑

By Bugnoo

Will they fall in love in 30 days? Jimin is a food connoisseur and wishes to get his recipe books published... More

About the story and characters
30 Days from Christmas- Meeting
29 Days from Christmas- Infatuation
28 Days from Christmas- Necessary
26 Days from Christmas- Closer
25 Days from Christmas- Love
24 Days from Christmas- Burn
23 Days from Christmas- Yearning
22 Days from Christmas- Care
21 Days from Christmas- Realization
20 Days from Christmas- Feelings
19 Days from Christmas- Confession
18 Days from Christmas- Free
17 Days from Christmas- Need you
16 Days from Christmas- News
15 Days from Christmas- Accident
14 Days from Christmas- Opportunity
13 Days from Christmas- Dream
12 Days from Christmas- One More Step
11 Days from Christmas- Paranoia
10 Days from Christmas- Final Battle
9 Days from Christmas- Let's be
8 Days from Christmas- Truth
7 Days from Christmas- Temptation
6 Days from Christmas- Revelation
5 Days from Christmas- Regret
4 Days from Christmas- Find you
3 Days from Christmas- Labyrinth
2 Days from Christmas- Lost
1 Day from Christmas- Apprehension
Christmas Day - A Gift
Christmas Day - Two Years Apart
Achievements

27 Days from Christmas- Destined

812 117 110
By Bugnoo

Laying on my bed, I kept thinking.

"You are not allowed to fall in love with me."

Naïve, I was just staring at him hoping he would laugh about it but he did not.

//Why? Why can't I love you? I will love you as you have never been loved before. Just allow me please.//

Jimin woke up from nightmare, panting. He needed someone to calm him every time. His hands trailed the phone in dark as he unlocked it, he opened the photo gallery to look at pictures, and like always they helped.

Trying to get by on a short winter night, not crying in a long time did not come in handy today. Clutching the pillow to his chest and hugging his knees, he sobbed softly falling into sleep again.

**

Christmas means magic. Christmas mornings mean dark chocolate, black coffee, and bicycle thieves. The best time of the year had come. With the festivities in heart, Jimin woke up to a new Monday morning with new determination.

For ordinary people, it was Sunday which brought them Jolliness but Jimin considered himself no ordinary man, because first, he worked Sundays, and second, the magic he could create by his hands made him special.

Monday mornings and breakfasts are an eternal love story for him. This used to be the time when everyone in the house gathered over conjectures and the daily newspaper.

Amidst the assiduous work-from-home his friends and family did, he always felt that it never works from home for him. The kitchen is his office and cooking is his work.

Entering the kitchen kick started his day.

Today's special is sourdough toast (from TheArtful Baker), creamy mushy scrambled eggs (Gordon Ramsay's recipe), some seared tomatoes and smoked sausages on the sides. To bring the spirit of Christmas, there is eggnog.

He invites Clara over as she coveted to taste Jimin's cooking. As they sit at the table opposite to each other the lady was in awe. The food looked delectable and the aroma just added to her hunger. Melt-in-mouth eggs, seasoned sausages with sweetish toast made her Jimin's fan in an instant.

"I must say, I have not eaten anything like this. I have travelled far but my search for favorite food finishes here." She said savoring the food.

Jimin smiled. Every time, the compliments made him believe in himself more and be hopeful that one day his talent will be recognized and he will get a bigger platform to revitalize the ingredients into something more astonishing.

Cooking was not just a task for him, it was his escape from everything.

"Thanks, Clara. You must visit my booth. I suddenly want you to try my menu there."

"I will definitely come. I cannot wait. Not after tasting this." She chuckled and they carried on eating.

**

When Jimin did not come to Fair, Jungkook was going crazy like a hungry gorilla in search of food. In his mind were running the images of quiet Jimin, cooking passionately in front of his eyes.

He went to the Fair committee and asked for Jimin's number which he got easily from registration details.

You ask how? He owns this entire Fair commission. It is his land on which Fair is exhibited.

Moving on, he was in dilemma whether to call Jimin and come across as a crazy man or actually become one waiting for him.

He decided on the latter, not wanting to scare off Jimin. He went back home thinking it might be Jimin's day off but wrong thoughts of anything bad happening to him seared in his mind as rotten egg's smell, hard to get rid of.

**

Jimin spent the day relaxing, planning the next week, and indulging. He only gets one day to plan things for the rest of the week. This has been his life for three years now. He would travel around festivals to strange cities to earn just enough amount which will keep him going for the next few months until the next festival.

He could not afford to open a restaurant for himself but that did not stop him to feel any less. To him, money is waiting around the corner. He just needs to be there at the right time and right place.

Flashback

I wanted to break the monotony of my regular banana walnut tea cake. My best friend had been pestering me for a long time to try this cake called 'Magic cake'.

It is a one-pan wonder for folks who love lots of different textures in their desserts. The top is crisped and golden-brown; airy as a gossamer angel food cake. The center is custardy, flan-like, and creamy. The bottom is a dense layer - not quite a cake and not quite a custard and all together delicious.

I didn't have strawberries and edible flowers to garnish because living away from the city had its own woes. So I drove to the city.

Rinsing my eyes through the items on aisles, I found what I wanted and also found what I did not need.

A buzzer from the microwave called out his attention. The walnut cake was ready which Jimin would store for a week.

"One down, three more to go." He sighed.

One after the other he made hummus, batters, pastes, and seasonings ready to consume for the following week. When he does not get enough time to cook for himself, these quick fixes come in handy.

**

Jimin and Jungkook carried a blanket as they walked to their respective terraces to behold the Full moon and Meteor shower which was forecasted in the next few minutes.

The hustle and bustle of Christmas could be seen among the mongers revolving around. The coldness did not stop anyone from weaving the good memories to safe keep forever.

*Jimin's POV*

As I sat down reminiscing my escapades to Northern England and the Lake District, this place came to my mind. Typically known as The Castlerigg stone circle. The looming English weather and the endless nature created a celestial microcosm.

The people make the country and culture. I am always in awe of how things change when the city borders change. The currency, people, road rules, sceneries but there is a silver lining of the common sky, same stars, the same moon which follows me anywhere I go.

It makes me feel at home anywhere and offers me a feeling of belonging.

What will I remember when I am 70 years old and thinking about my younger days. What would make me smile more?

A fancy business lunch or late night munching with someone? A high heel cocktail evening or a long, afternoon hike?

I am not wise enough to have found the meaning of life but at this stage of life, l think what I want is someone to share it with, someone who lets you be who you are.

*Jungkook's POV*

"Hey Mum! You there? You know, whenever I stargazed before, I found myself sitting in a dream of bright light where only I existed. I was selfish and I did not want anyone to share my light with me. I wanted the quaint all to myself."

"As I grew I realized humans are not supposed to be alone. They need a contact, a human touch to make them feel that they have a purpose, they belong here, there is someone who cares, who will dress your wound, help you break free when walls of solitude close in on you."

"I ramble a lot. Ain't I?" I chuckle lightly turning gaze at the ground.

"How have you been? I am pretty sure now that you are up there, you wake up the sun everyday." I look back up with a smile so everlasting and eyes gleaming under moonlight.

A strike of magnificent luminous bodies pauses their thoughts as they make a wish.

JK : I need Jimin.

JM: I need to feel like I belong somewhere around,
Please give me someone to hold on, to whom I can keep on going.

**

Who do you think is Jimin's bestfriend?

Why did Jimin say 'You are not allowed to fall in love with me?'

Next update tomorrow, as promised!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 29.2K 53
innocent naive kookie 🐰 not innocent taehyung 🐯 ********************************************************* Jungkook has been locked out of the rea...
134K 4.6K 60
" You are my husband Jungkook not some whore, to please me whenever I want ! You have your say in everything. " - Seokjin. " You are slowly changing...
226K 19.2K 60
Vampire AU) Top Jimin / Bottom Jungkook "The sweet blood rushing through your veins... Oh, how I craved it..." Rumors and endless tales of a myster...
179K 12.2K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...