Power Built In Sorrow (Male R...

By Hellbound199

A Young Man Lost His Family And Closest Friend To An Bandit Attack. During The Confrontation The Child Unlock... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Epilogue

Chapter 25

1.9K 44 6
By Hellbound199

"WHAT?! Your pendants merged with your soul?!" Hestia shouts in surprise. You nod. Hestia sighs and accepts it, knowing there's nothing more to do.

"Well, we can't do anything about it now. Just keep check of your powers and tell me once something peculiar happens. Alright (Y/N)." She explains. You accept her command and left to go outside, but as you reached the sofa, she calls you.

"(Y/N)?" She calls. Her tone is calm, but you can feel the bloodlust emanating from it.

"Y-Yes?" You ask, slowly turning around to face her. The demonic glare is back, and now you're confused. Is it about the thing with the Loki Familia or the Soma?

"Bell told me you attacked Aiz in the dungeon." She says, walking towards you. You close your eyes, waiting for the scolding, but she pats you on the back.

"Great work! Keep driving them away from Bell!" She says, her glare replaced with a bright smile.

'What did I get myself into?' You thought to yourself, scratching the back of your head as you gave her a worried smile. She goes back to bed.

<Timeskip>

- You woke up early and quickly got ready. You walked outside after, waiting for Bell and Vonika. Avoiding any more confrontations with Goddess -

"I'm on thin ice again." You say to yourself. After waiting for a couple of minutes, which you spent stretching and getting ready for the day, Bell and Vonika walked out of the church wearing their armor. The three of you proceeded to pick up Lili to introduce her to Goddess.

[With Freya]

- Freya sits down on her throne atop Babel Tower, recalling what has happened ever since Bell used the grimoire she accidentally left -

"He's gotten stronger again. He's shining even more brilliantly than before." She says, happy with the quick progress she's seeing with Bell.

"But, there's a smudge that's getting in my way." She says as an image you flash on her mind. Her grip tightens on the wine glass she's holding.

"He'll get strong. Someday, he'll be strong enough that he won't need you anymore." She continues. Waiting for the day that Bell won't need your protection anymore, waiting for the day that you will leave.

"But..." She says, waiting for Ottar's opinion on the matter.

"We still need to get rid of (Y/N). His power might go beyond even the Gods. He'll be the strongest retribution to ever exist once he learns to completely control his power." Ottar explains. Freya's grip tightens even more on the wine glass as cracks start to form on it. She hated that you, of all people, will be protecting Bell, but what angered her more is that she can't seduce you, if she could, you would've replaced Ottar already.

"I'll leave this in your hands, Ottar." She says, knowing that Ottar will not fail her on this task.

"What about (Y/N)?" He asks. Freya frowns, knowing that she can't do anything.

"Do not engage. And if you get caught, run." She commands. Not wanting to lose the captain of the Familia... well, before Bell replaces him.

[With You]

- The three of you are walking towards the area where Lili told you to meet up. After meeting up with her, all of you went to head back to the church. And now that those douchebags are dead, she doesn't need to keep hiding, though she uses her transformation spell to give her animal ears and a tail for good measure. Bell got drawn by the cute animal ears and went to poke it -

"Bell!" Lili squeals. Giving off an embarrassed reaction to Bell touching her animal ear.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." Bell tries to reason. You quickly grab his shoulder and grip it tightly, making him wince in pain.

"What did I tell you about touching girls without permission?" You ask. Bell nervously looks at you and tries to apologize, but Vonika comes to the rescue.

"Come on (Y/N). It's not like that part of her is real." She argues, removing your grasp on Bell's shoulder.

"This is what I'm talking about! What if Bell..." You argue back. As the two of you are bickering, Bell apologizes to Lili.

"You surprised me! I had no idea you used a transformation spell." Bell says, praising Lili as her ears twitch and her tail wags.

"Yes. So unless they know about this ability, no one can recognize me now. If they don't see me for a while, they'll probably think I died in the dungeon." She explains. Bell gains a confused look and decides to ask.

"Who's they? Didn't (Y/N) already..." Bell says as he puts his finger to his neck to perform a throat-slitting gesture as a continuity of what he was saying.

"Well, (Y/N) did kill those guys, but the Soma familia is still looking for me. I doubt he can do anything about it now." She explains. Knowing her best plan of choice is to hide because killing a whole Familia and a God would be too noticeable.

"I see. But are you okay with that?" Bell asks, worried for his friend because constant hiding can be stressful, and being categorized as dead isn't a step up either.

"Yes. As long as you know who I am, Bell, that's enough for me." She says. The bickering of you and Vonika already stopped, and now you two are admiring Bell and Lili's intimate talk with each other.

"See. I told you Bell wouldn't go that path." Vonika whispers. A content smile on her face.

"I guess so." You whisper back. A similar smile also on your face.

"More importantly, are you okay with this? I was tricking you! I took advantage of your kind heart and betrayed you. If you just forgive me like this, I'll..." Lili continues, not noticing that the two of you are currently listening to their conversation.

"Don't worry about me. Come on, let's go." Bell heartfully says. Lili doesn't like the answer Bell gave and still felt guilty about what she did. Bell looks back and sees you and Vonika smirking at him. Bell turns tomato red from embarrassment and starts speed walking to the church.

<Smol Timeskip>

"My name is Liliruca Arde. Nice to meet you." Lili introduces, wanting to give off a natural first impression to Hestia.

"So you're the supporter I've heard so much about. Bell told me all about you." She says, trying to read the girl if she's really trustworthy as Bell says she is.

"I'll go make some tea downstairs." Bell says, trying to liven up the mood and for Lili and Hestia to sincerely talk. You and Vonika sit on the pews, only watching the conversation, seeing that none of this concerns the two of you.

"Oh, but we only have two cups." Bell continues, addressing the problem to Goddess while trying to find alternative solutions on his own. Hestia's eyes light up like stars.

"Oh, there's no need to worry about that! You and I can use the same cup!" Hestia happily suggests. Wanting that famed indirect kiss from Bell.

"Oh! Actually, I bought some cups-." You proudly say, but Vonika elbows you and signals you to stop. You look at her, confused, before looking back at Goddess to see the demonic glare that can make Ouranos run for his life.

"...T-That I f-forgot I left yesterday at the s-store! Y-Yeah." You continue. Hestia's glare comes to a stop making you sigh in relief.

"I guess it can't be helped. We just have to use the same cup, Bell." Hestia says. The hopeful gleam, back in her eyes once more.

"I guess even you tell jokes like that, Goddess." Bell says, walking down the stairs to make the tea. Hestia stoops down in sadness.

"Swing and a miss." Vonika whispers to you. You silently laugh at her joke to not provoke Hestia.

- Hestia looks at Lili seriously. She plans to ask her some questions which can prove her innocence and if she ever regret what she did -

"First... Let's hear your resolve. Miss Supporter, can you swear you'll never make the same mistake again?" Hestia asks. The atmosphere inside the church instantly becomes tense.

"Yes. I swear. To Bell, to you, to (Y/N), to Vonika, and more than anything, to myself. He saved me. I'll never betray him again. I don't want to." Lili confidently answers, her voice not faltering with fear or hesitation, which shows her seriousness on the matter and at her answer. You nod at that but quickly looked back up in surprise.

'He saved you? Last time I checked, we all did.' You thought to yourself. You looked at Vonika to see if she got that also, but it went over her head. You can tell as tears of joy fall down her face at the heartfelt answer of Lili.

"Understood. I believe you." Hestia says. Lili lets out a breath of relief, seeing as Hestia accepted her answer.

"I'll be honest, Miss Supporter. I don't like you." Hestia says, sitting at the edge of the podium to get close and level with Lili. Lili gasps at what Hestia said.

- Just like Vonika, you start to get invested in their conversation, listening attentively, waiting for Hestia's answer -

"Of course, I don't! You were lying to Bell about so much, and now you're trying to win him over. I really don't like you." She continues. By now, Vonika has already full-on cried.

"Wow! So much thought was put... What!? I thought this was about Lili's resolve? Not some petty girl fight about Bell!" You say in surprise, but you didn't dare raise your voice as this still is an important matter... well for them anyway.

"What's with that glum look, anyway? Let me guess: Bell was too nice, and refused to blame you at all, so now you're being crushed by your guilt, right? In my opinion, you're just being selfish." Hestia says, pointing her legs at Lili. Reading the poor girl like a book. Lili couldn't argue and just looks down, 'cause every word that came out of her mouth is the truth.

"All right. I'll judge you in Bell's place." The Goddess continues. She fixes her posture to give the final verdict. Lili's ears droop down in guilt and sadness.

"This is so emotional! Why aren't you affected!?" Vonika says, crying in her seat as she shakes your body, trying to get a response out of you.

- Actually, you are also sad and affected. Remembering the times you had to trick and manipulate others just to get a meal for a day, how many persons you threatened, blackmailed... killed -

"How many of those men have their own families?" You silently ask yourself. Some were deserving, which helped you remove some of the guilt, though many of them weren't. Tears now fall as your heart sinks in fear and regret.

"Please watch over Bell. Keep an eye on Bell so he won't get scammed by any more weirdos." Hestia requests. Lili looks up in surprise. She already knows that Hestia will drive her away for what she did, but the answer she gave her is the opposite.

"Just so we're clear, this isn't for your sake. After this, I'm sure that if I don't do something, Bell will just get tricked by someone again! And in the end, guilt is just the question of whether you're capable of forgiving yourself or not. If you've really changed, then prove it with your actions." Hestia rants. Lili blankly looks at her, already happy with the answer the Goddess gave her. Lili smiles, her eyes watery, glad that she met Bell.

"Hestia..." She says, closing her eyes as she tries to hold back the tears.

"I'll let you into the party. And I'm leaving you in charge of babysitting him. But!-" Hestia says, but she gets interrupted by Bell.

"I'm back!" Bell says, walking up the stairs. Hestia looks in surprise and immediately looks back at Lili.

"Be sure of one thing. Know your place." Hestia finishes, covering part of her mouth to ensure Lili be the only one to hear it.

"Sorry I'm lat-." Bell says. But is interrupted when Hestia quickly hugs him, enveloping Bell's arm in the middle of her breasts, asserting to Lili that Bell is already hers.

"And... she's back. Dang it! I just wasted my tears!" You shout, clearly irritated at Goddess's actions as you run outside, wiping your eyes with your hand. Vonika follows you, confused at your actions.

"G-Goddess?" Bell asks, embarrassed at what Hestia did.

"So once more, hello there, Miss Supporter. I hear you've been very good to my Bell." She says, still hugging Bell's arm, as she gives Lili a wide grin.

'You've joined this race way too late. So keep your hands off my Bell! You thieving beast!' She internally says. Surprisingly! Lili got the message just by looking at her expression.

- Lili shouts in surprise but instantly gained a determined look. She took off her cloak and hugged Bell also. Pressing her chest onto Bell's other arm -

"Oh, not at all. Bell is always nice to me, too!" Lili says. Bell and Hestia gain a look surprise at Lili's actions.

'I'll rise to any challenge for Bell, even a Goddess! Yeah, I'm not going to lose!' She internally says, returning Hestia the smug look she gave her before.

"G-Goddess? Lili?" Bell says, trying to stop the fight as Lili and Hestia start to stare each other down.

"That's right! I need to go to Eina and meet the guild!" Bell says, unable to comprehend what was happening anymore, so he used the flight tactic to get out of the awkward and embarrassing situation.

- Bell slowly walks outside, seeing the faint sound of Lili and Goddess, still fighting. Bell stops at the sight of Vonika trying to wipe her tears away using your clothes as you push her away -

<Timeskip>

- Bell walks inside the guild. you and Vonika look around the place and just wait for Bell since you have no business with the guild -

"Um... where's Eina?" Bell asks, looking at the booth where Eina is usually assigned, only to see a different woman there. Bell looks around the guild.

"Bell?" Eina says, upon seeing Bell inside the guild, probably looking for her. Bell looks towards the voice and sees Eina, but his eyes went wide when he sees Aiz on the opposite side across her.

- You and Vonika went in because she got bored waiting outside. You saw Bell stare at Aiz before nervously walking away. A mischievous smile forms on your face as you plan to stop him. Vonika got the same idea and quickly pushed you towards Bell. He collides with you and falls to the ground. Aiz quickly jumps from her seat and lands in front of Bell -

"(Y/N)!?" Bell says, trying to stand up again, but his face hits Aiz's butt. Bell looks at her, embarrassed, while you and Vonika laugh at his misfortune.

"Hello Aiz." You greeted, still chuckling from Bell's embarrassment. Bell quickly faces away as he screams nervously after snapping out of his trance.

"What are you doing, Bell? It's rude to just run off like that." Eina scolds Bell, who is still screaming from embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, but um... um... Why... how..." Bell fumbles with his words, nervously looking back at Aiz.

"Miss Wallenstein wants to talk to you, she says." Eina relays, still irritated at Bell's rudeness.

- The four of you walked to the table where Aiz had her conversation with Eina. You all sit down except Bell, who is afraid to sit beside her -

"You were being attacked by orcs in the dungeon earlier, weren't you?" Aiz asks. Bell tenses up at Aiz, who is talking to him.

"Y-Yes. How did you know?" Bell asks in confusion. He clearly did not see Aiz anywhere when the Soma Familia attacked.

"This was lying on the ground after you left. I wanted to give it back." Aiz explains, handing the vambrace back to Bell.

"Then you're the one who saved me?" Bell asks. You almost choked on your saliva after hearing this.

"Wait! You saved him?... Vonika!?" You ask. Slowly raising your voice. Vonika quickly removes eye contact and nervously shifts around her seat.

"I-I kinda got n-nervous and p-passed out." She timidly answers. You smacked her behind the head in irritation.

"What if both of you got killed!?" You ask. Vonika glares at you, rubbing the back of her head.

"It wouldn't have happened if you didn't plan the atta-." Vonika argues, not thinking about what she's saying. You quickly cover her mouth, stopping her from spilling your coordinated attack to the Soma Familia members.

"Thank you for saving my members Aiz, really. If you can just excuse us, I want to have a talk with my member here." You say, dragging Vonika outside the guild. Bell and Aiz look at the both of you quizically before returning back to their conversation.

"I've been wanting to apologize. You were hurt because I let that minotaur escape. I'm sorry." Aiz apologizes, standing up from her seat and bowing in front of Bell.

"N-No! It's not your fault at all, Miss Wallenstein. Actually, you're the person who saved my life. Actually, I'm the one who needs to apologize because I kept running instead of apologizing. I'm sorry." Bell apologizes, bowing down also as he refuses to accept the apology of Aiz, seeing as he is the one at fault.

- Aiz looks in shock at the humility Bell is showing right now. Bell, hearing no further reply, looks up to see what's wrong. Aiz smiles at him, which made Bell blush. Eina looks at the two with a bright smile on her face in which she quickly loses once she sees you scolding Vonika outside the guild -

"You're working hard at dungeon exploration, aren't you? It's amazing that you made it to the 10th floor so quickly." Aiz asks as they walk outside the guild.

"No, that's not true. I have to get stronger, but I have a long way to go. I'm no better than a beginner at fighting, and I can't get anywhere towards reaching my goal, I'm no good, and... um... um..." Bell sadly explains, lowering his head as he remembers how you and Aiz fight, seeing his gap between the two of you.

"There's no one who can teach you how to fight?" Aiz asks, pitying the boy. Bell wanted to answer, but you quickly grab his shoulder.

"Yeah, I am too occupied training Vonika that I forgot about Bell here. Would you mind if you trained him for me? Thanks!" You quickly say. Aiz never got to decline... it's not like she wanted anyway, and went to pull Bell along with her. Bell looks back at you, and you gave him an okay sign. Bell mouthed the words 'thank you' before walking alongside Aiz.

"Now, Vonika! We have a bit of training to do!" You say, cracking your knuckles. Vonika runs away so you quickly ran after her.

<><><>

Welp, this is chapter 25, bye!

7k reads! What. The. Heck! You guys are so awesome! You might think that I'm faking this reaction right now, but no! As long as this story's reads and votes go up, no matter how many, I will still celebrate! I didn't really even think this would go over a thousand! And now look where it is?! Thank you once again for continuously reading and voting for this story. I will try my best to keep the chapters coming! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 1K 21
Young, lost and naive Bell finds he has taken a wrong turn and is far from the dungeon city. Lucky for him a lone goddess offers her help
17K 826 21
What if a young man from Earth suddenly found himself transported into the world of Danmachi with his favorite book, the Necronomicon? This is the st...
18K 670 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...
3.6K 128 8
Bell lay on the ground, weakened and confused about how he had ended up in such a state after facing the Goliath. In his dazed state, a revelation be...