Bittersweet Love

By SkyKeeper

Just because of this one meet with the grim reaper girl, Hans Ruswell's world was totally turned upside down... More

God, why me?!

I sense trouble...

75 3 2
By SkyKeeper

ÉCLAIR'S P.O.V.

--

Oh great, that guy fainted. Just when I was thinking to scare him off! I made my scythe disappeared and bent down. I poked the guy's feet and spitted on him. Why did I do that you ask? Well, I just felt like it. Deal with it.

Then a thought came across my mind, I can't really leave him here can I? It's late at night already, I sighed and took his cell phone and searched for his address in his cell phone, well...If he even saved anything like that in his phone.

After few minutes, I gave up and searched for his ID card. I shoved my hand in his pocket and pulled out the wallet. I opened the wallet and stole some money out. What? That was the payment for peeking over me and my servant just now!

I finally found his ID, I scanned the card for his address and used all my strength to pull him up from his lying stance. Gosh, he's very heavy! Okay, so he lived in Helenburg Street which should be a couple blocks from here. Odd. How he did ended up here?

I prop him up and carried him over my shoulder and walked to his house.

Along the way, I heard him saying stupid things like "I love pancakes" and "Where's my sauce?" and well, other stuffs about food. Suddenly I felt watery sticky liquids touched my hand and when I glanced at my hand, I saw drools. YUCK! I shrieked and nearly dropped him.

I ignored his drools that was still sticking on my hand and walked faster. Just then, it started to rain drizzly, Oh great! Can this day get any better?! Suddenly I saw a dim light up ahead and that's when I knew that I'm closer to my destination.

I past a few houses and finally, I stopped in front of a black and white terrace house. "This is his house alright, at least that's what in the address." I thought. I walked to his front door and let him down and stared at him.

This stupid guy... just jump into conclusion saying I don't know how important life is, that's not true! I do know life is important! That's why I help to extend that ignorant fool's life, he begged me to give him 2 more days to live and now this guy here told me I'm not cut out to be a Grim Reaper!! That's just harsh... well, there's no use to explain to him anyway because he's stupid.

I rang the doorbell 3 times and left the area...and before I leave I glanced slightly at the him.

"I have to keep a closer eye on him, I can't let him spilled whatever happened just now..."

HAN'S P.O.V

 --

I woke up and found myself lying on my bed in my room. What happened last night, was it a dream? I tried to stretch but that just made my whole body ached.

"MOM!" I yelled and waited for few minutes, mom didn't come in, no "What's wrong, honey?" and so on. I really hate my mom, she never cares about me and she irritates me.

I tried my best to get up, my whole body is aching badly, every inch of moving hurts. Well, I just have to resist then.  I slowly opened my door and slowly walked downstairs.

It took me like 10 minutes to finally step on the first floor. I walked to the kitchen and saw my mom sleeping on the table, holding her cell phone. i walked to the kitchen table and sat down.

 Oh yeah, I didn't tell you guys why I hate my mom. Well, when dad died last 2 years, mom was pretty sad and she would always visit his grave everyday but after few months, she began to online dating with other people and every time you see her come home all drunk, that means her date didn't end that well, she even hit and slap me for no apparent reasons. All I can do is wait for her to sleep and put her to bed which was really annoying and tiring.

Mom's fingers began to move and then she tilted up her head and rubbed her eyes.

 "Mom, sorry I came home late yesterday."

"Not just that, you even fell asleep when you did came back." Mum cut me off.

"Well it can't be helped...I mean, yeah."

"You own me an explanation." She checked at her cell phone. "Oh, I'm late for work. Sorry, I can't cook breakfast for you today."

"Oh, whatever..." I tried to stand up but failed. "Can you message my body? My whole body is aching."

"Well, okay..." She walked to my chair and began to message me slowly. Although she acts like a bitch but sometimes she agrees with me, like right now.

----

"Okay, I have to go prepare myself for school already, mom." I stood up and pushed the chair back. I felt better than before.

My mom nodded. I gave her my thanks for messaging me and went upstairs to prepare myself for school.

I walked in my room and straight went inside the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth.

After finishing cleaning myself up, I went outside and took out my bag and randomly put books inside, I don't care about studying, I have tuitions after school after all and I always happened to score great marks. Obnoxious you may say but it's true. I went outside with my bag hanged one side of my shoulder and went downstairs.

I put on my school shoes and walked to school, I stopped at the bus stop to wait for my three best friends, Alice, Karen and Sunny. Yeah, three of them are girls. What? I'm quite popular with the girls and they are the only ones who actually talks to me. I met them when I was in detention two years ago, they got detention because they always got caught hanging around at the rooftop when everyone was suppose to be in class, studying and other stuffs.

Speak of the devils, there they are.

"Hey, Hans! I heard you got lost yesterday!" Alice burst out laughing and then she dropped her skateboard.  

"No I didn't, I was um...talking to my friend."

"I thought we're the only friends you have?" Sunny lowered her bicycle.

"No, well yes..."

"You're lying. What exactly happened?" Karen said.

"NO MORE QUESTIONS!" I yelled at them and crossed my arms, trying to act all angry.

"Sorry!" three of them said in the same time and bowed at me at the same time.

I chuckled a bit and winked at them "Come, let's go ladies!" All three of them gave me a nudge and quickly go on without me. I managed to catch up with them and all of us went to school together, like always.

We arrived at school and Sunny went to park her bicycle somewhere near the bicycle parking lot. All four of us surprisingly was in the same class, last month when we knew we were going to the same class, all three of them screamed and hugged me, I'm a lucky guy alright. I laughed slightly remembering all that while Alice and Karen give me that "WTF?!" look. Not cool.

We went in the class and sat at our seat. Alice sat in front of me, Sunny sat at my left side, Karen sat behind me and Sonia, Alice's friend, sat at my right side, It's a paradise for guys alright to be surrounded by girls. Wait, speaking of Sonia...

"Where's Sonia?" I asked Alice, whom is dazing around.

"Huh? What? Oh, well...she went to her piano exam thing."

"So she's not coming to school?"

"No."

"Ah" I raised my eyebrows and Alice just ignored me and started to play with her skateboard rollers.

Teacher Lawrence, our homeroom teacher went in the class and ordered all of us to seat back at our own seat, weird. He usually just came in the class and read his "Amazing natures" book.

"Alright students, I have special news for you!" see? Told you, something is going to happen.

"We'll be having a new student today!" he looked at us with his serious face. "Treat her nicely! Now come in new student."

"Please do not address me as 'new student' I do not like the sound of it." Wait...Why does that voice sounds familiar?

A foot stepped in our classroom and then a figure started to appear.

"Nice to meet you." She said.

My heart suddenly felt like it was stabbed by someone and I think I have butterflies in my stomach.  Apparently the girl was THE REAPER I SAW YESTERDAY. Or at least that's what I remember she called herself.

"This is Éclair Southern. Well then, Miss Southern.  Where would you like to sit?" Southern? That's a weird last name for a grim reaper. I chuckled a bit at that thought.

She grinned and locked eyes with me. I gulped over the stare and avoided eye contact with her. Then she pointed at Sonia's seat. "There. I would like to seat there."

My heart skipped a beat and I stood up. "N-no! she c-can't sit here! Sonia sits here!"

Teacher Lawrence knitted his eyebrows together and gave me an angry look. "And where is Sonia?"

"Uh, she's not present for today..."

"Uh-huh" Lawrence gave this look which obviously meant you better shut up boy or I'll throw you out of class "Listen here you little rotten youngsters, I'm the one in charge and so, I officially claimed that Miss Southern will sit next to you" he pointed at me. "And Miss Hollander would sit at the back. He pointed at the seat at the back and everyone gasped, Sonia is going to sit at the 'Cursed Seat'?! That's not fair! I glanced at the reaper with hatred.

She smirked and turned herself facing Lawrence. "Why do everyone seem to hate the seat, Sir?" she's completely pissing me off, she was acting all cute and innocent! I felt like punching her in the face.

Lawrence shrugged. "Ah well, the last student who sat there passed away, well...he was infected with this unknown disease which he didn't notice until that morning, we sent him to the hospital and the doctors said he was in critical condition and on 11 p.m. he passed away... " Lawrence sighed. "And well, ever since then, anyone who sits there sometimes can feel his presence or so, also it seems bad thing happen to them..."

"Oh" she said, oh so she's acting all I-don't-care now? Seriously, someone outta slap that girl. She was like that yesterday and I guess she's going to act like that again?!

She walked to her seat and when she was beside me, I purposely kick her foot and then BAMM. She fell. Her face slammed the floor. She sat up and looked at me. "YOU'RE DEAD YOU IGNORANT FOOL!" she shouted.

I looked at her trying to look all disgusted. "Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows and acted brave although I knew she wasn't joking around.  

She gritted her teeth and stood up. Then she pointed at me.

"I'LL MAKE SURE YOU SUFFER EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!"  

~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...