My Favorite Stranger

By smooonie

She's got the looks, the money, and the recognition, but she's missing one thing. On the outside, Mya Stone h... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
"Valentine's Day"

9

7.3K 379 58
By smooonie

"That was ... amazing," Mya breathed out. Her heart rate still higher than normal because of the adrenaline. "That was terrifying and fun at the same time."

Jessie laughed, leaning against the wooden railings of the boardwalk. Below was the beach, most of it shrouded in darkness, but the sound of crashing waves was all that mattered.

The bright LED light from the poles only reached so far, but it was more than enough to walk around and see everything on the boardwalk.

Mya brushed her hair behind her ears, looking out to the darkness in the deep distance, her purse resting on top of the railing. She barely made anything out that far, but it was still beautiful nonetheless. She moved her eyes to the other woman, who was staring out too.

Mya studied the perfect side profile. Jessie's bottom lip hung in a slight pout. The bridge of her nose extended and sharp, with a small curve into the rest. Her eyelashes long and beautiful and her short hair danced in the breeze. Her jawline soft.

Mya was melting inside — Jessie quiet and focused. But Mya noticed the overlap of thought in Jessie's changing facial expression and it intrigued her.

"What are you thinking about?" Mya asked, still staring.

Jessie smirked, her gaze still fixed forward. "Nothing."

Mya didn't buy it. "Are you sure?"

Jessie turned her face, her smirk turning into a confident smile. "Positive."

Mya smiled back and leaned in close to rest her side against Jessie.

You're so easy to read.

"I'm surprised you're so calm," Jessie said softly.

"What do you mean?" Mya asked, closing her eyes for a moment and listening closely to the waves.

"Most straight women consider something like this a mistake."

Mya opened her eyes back up, looking over at Jessie, who hunched over slightly, directing her gaze to Mya.

"What?" Mya said, confused.

"This. Sleeping with a woman. Going out ..."

Oh.

Mya took a moment to recollect. She didn't feel that hooking up with Jessie was a mistake, but she was beside herself, a little confused and questioning if sleeping with one woman actually meant anything to her sexuality.

Earlier today she thought about stopping it, but not because she regretted it.

Jessie continued, her tone melancholic, "I understand if you're ... If you regret this. Don't worry about it, you know? I know how these things go. You don't have to hang out with me and stuff."

Mya frowned at the horrible assumption. Is this what Jessie thinks? Is this what she's been thinking about? That she's some sort of repulsive mistake and Mya's pitying her?

"You don't get to make that choice for me," Mya stated a little harsher than she intended. "You don't get to assume I classify you as ... You think I think that ... you're a mistake?"

Jessie stood quiet.

"Jessie, you're not a mistake to me and it's unfair you think I'd describe you as such. To lump me in with other women — I ... this is the most fun I've had since—" Tristan left me.

Mya shook his name out of her head. "I don't regret you. Though I am extremely confused about this and never thought at 28 years old I'd be sleeping with a woman, I don't regret you. Mya Stone and assumptions don't mix. So do me a favor and don't assume."

"I-I'm sorry I just ... I've been through this a lot and I just thought—"

"Jessie if I regretted this I wouldn't have stopped by at your shop earlier. You would've never seen or heard from me again."

"That's true," Jessie replied quietly.

"What do you mean you've ... been through this before?" Mya asked. She had an idea of what Jessie was trying to say but wanted a more elaborate explanation.

Jessie sighed heavily, rubbing the back of her neck, "This isn't my first rodeo with a straight girl. I've hooked up with a handful of straight girls who were curious or lonely. Usually the next day it'd be awkward and they'd say they're not gay and this and that — you get used to people treating you like an experiment. You get used to the disgust and ... you get it."

Mya's heart ached for the woman beside her. She could tell recalling all of that hurt. Jessie seemed like such a sweetheart. To think that anyone treated her like she was disposable made Mya angry.

Mya hooked her arm around Jessie's, trying to comfort her. "Jessie ..."

Jessie smirked. "You're right though, I shouldn't have assumed you thought of me that way. I've never slept with someone important, after all. Can you blame me?"

Mya chuckled. "You really need to drop this whole important thing. I promise you I'm just an ordinary woman."

Jessie leaned in close, so close, to Mya's lips. "Ordinary? Oh Mya Stone, you are far from ordinary."

Mya's lips parted to welcome the kiss. Though it was undeniably cooler tonight, being by the ocean not really making it any better, Mya was warm. Jessie's lips being the spark to ignite a flame inside of her stomach.

She was wrapped around Jessie entirely, she noticed. The nylon windbreaker zipped and secured on her torso, belonging to Jessie. Jessie's mouth and now Jessie's strong lean arms wrapping around her waist, holding her close as they kissed like they've known each other for ages. It was all Jessie.

"Sorry," Jessie whispered when she pulled away. "You look too good not to kiss in my jacket."

Mya smiled. "Are you not cold?"

Jessie shook her head, "Not at all. I love this weather."

"That means it's going to be extra cold tonight back at the hotel," Mya groaned.

"Sounds like you need someone to keep you warm through the night."

Mya sighed, playing coy. "If only ..."

Jessie laughed. "I could, uh, stay the night again. Tomorrow is my official day off."

Mya smirked. "Are you offering to be my cuddle buddy?"

"I could be more."

Mya quirked her eyebrow, "More?"

Jessie winked. "But, I have to stop by my place for clothes and my toothbrush ... if you don't mind?"

"Oh, that's okay. How far is your place from here?"

Jessie placed a soft kiss on Mya's forehead, "It's not that far. We have to get your car first."

Mya paused for only a moment, the little peck full of intimacy and familiarity. She hadn't realized how much she missed those.

"I think I can handle the ride this time," Mya said, quickly distracting herself. She picked up her purse again.

Jessie grabbed Mya's hand, leading her away from the railing. "It's less scary the second time around. You know what to expect now."

Jessie and Mya strolled down the boardwalk, walking back to the parking lot, hand in hand. Mya was hyper-aware of this moment, beyond present with Jessie. This night was perfect and she didn't understand how it was so effortlessly.

She endured physical pain knowing she had to be away from Jessie tomorrow. She didn't want to be surrounded by the investors, heads, and CEO's. She wanted to be with Jessie and go on an adventure.

Mya spoke, not wanting to think about it anymore. "What made you get a motorcycle?"

"Uhh, I like speed, I guess. The adrenaline rush and feeling like I'm out running all of my problems is nice, you know?"

Mya wasn't expecting the intensity of her answer. The darker woman was beginning to reveal some things about herself that made Mya all the more curious about who Jessie Torres really was.

"I sort of get it. I mean I don't do speed and adrenaline, but ..." Mya responded.

"What do you do?" Jessie asked quietly.

Mya cleared her throat. "Um, drink."

"Oh ..."

"No, it's fine. Whenever I leave on a work trip I can't really afford to get drunk for obvious professional reasons. I have to be 100 percent sober so I can focus and keep up with everyone. When I'm home it's different."

Jessie tightened her grip on Mya's hand. "Then I feel honored to have had that shot with you last night."

Mya smiled a little, sparing a glance at their interlocked hands. As they got closer to the parking lot, Mya realized just how much she didn't want to let go.

You were the shot, Jessie.

❚ ❚ ❚

Mya waited in her car for Jessie, who disappeared behind the front door of her house. The bike was parked on the sidewalk, angled awkwardly.

She studied the small home that looked like it could use some physical renovations. She waited for Jessie, but as she waited she could hear a lot of noise coming from the house.

She doesn't live alone?

Minutes passed by when Jessie quickly busted out of the door, a black backpack on her back. She waved at Mya, quickly putting on her helmet and getting settled on the bike.

It didn't take long for the two to arrive at the hotel. Mya let Jessie use the shower first since Mya had some things to look over on her laptop for tomorrow.

When Jessie stepped out, Mya looked up from her emails. She glanced at Jessie's nightwear, which was a very short crop top and women's boy shorts. Her hair was damp and a bit of a mess. Mya cleared her throat, trying not to get caught staring.

"You seem hungry," Jessie said teasingly.

I've been famished since forever apparently.

Mya smiled, closing her laptop and bringing her eyes back to Jessie's smug expression. Jessie lowered herself onto the large bed, laying on her stomach and folding her arms onto a pillow. Mya fought the incredible urge to let her eyes run wild on Jessie's backside.

Is this how men feel?

"I'm actually very full. Thank you," Mya remarked with a smile.

Jessie rested her head on her arms, closing her eyes. "You sure about that?"

Mya placed her hand on the small of Jessie's back. The back dimples deep in her bronze skin, Mya's eyes trailing over the curve of her butt and the backs of her thighs.

Jessie sighed softly, looking the sleepiest Mya's seen her. Mya caressed Jessie's back softly, letting her nails drag. "I hope you rest well tonight."

Jessie smiled, eyes still closed. "Oh trust me I'm planning on it."

Mya let silence sweep the room. She admired a sleepy and calm Jessie, which she figured people didn't get to see very often. She seemed like she was always on the move too, much like Mya was. Owning an entire shop was a large responsibility. Businesses were no easy thing to handle and from Jessie's attitude, it seemed like she was doing this alone.

Mya had never been this interested in someone's life story before. With Tristian, it was simple. He had a normal upbringing — a mom and dad, a sibling, graduated high school, went to college, and got his degree. His life was as simple as can be. Mya was just the same. But Jessie ... Jessie was different and Mya could feel it.

Mya spaced out for so long that Jessie was actually asleep by the time Mya snapped out of it. Her hands were still mindlessly rubbing up and down Jessie's back. She eventually stopped, sighing to herself and glancing at Jessie one last time before getting up to go shower.

Mya stepped out of her short shower in a t-shirt and short shorts. Jessie was still fast asleep on her stomach, but her shirt was missing. Mya saw it on the ground by a nightstand.

As she silently got closer to the sleeping body, she could clearly see Jessie's lotus flower tattoo. Mya very gently laid her hand on Jessie's back, leaning over to place a kiss between her shoulder blades, right on the drawing.

Mya stepped around the bed and very carefully got on top of it. She didn't know if Jessie was a heavy sleeper or not without the sex so she didn't want to take the chance of disturbing the woman. She looked so peaceful and tranquil.

Mya pulled the sheets up, moving closer to Jessie and laying on her side. The lamplight was on, but Mya didn't mind it as it was dim and comforting. It allowed her to see Jessie clearly and for some reason watching the woman sleep made her heart full.

Mya fell asleep after a few minutes of letting her thoughts come and go.

Somewhere in the middle of the night or maybe even the early morning, Mya's ears pricked to the sound of a soft voice. She furrowed her eyebrows, taking a deep breath, but not opening her eyes.

It was Jessie, trying to be as quiet as a mouse.

"It's late, what are you still doing up?" Jessie murmured.

Jessie ...

"I'm not home Julie ..."

"I'll be back later. I promise."

"I'm going back to sleep now, okay? Get some rest. Put the phone down."

"Goodnight."

Jessie sighed audibly. Mya wanted to ask, but she knew she probably wasn't supposed to hear that and the majority of her mind was still asleep. Mya became even more curious but was momentarily shocked by a warm body and strong arms wrapping themselves around her.

She could feel Jessie's breasts under her chin. The tip of her nose slightly smudged into her chest. The only scent Mya breathed in now was Jessie's. She could smell her own body wash upon Jessie's skin very faintly and Mya thought it smelled better on her than it did herself.

Their legs slowly entangled in one another, Jessie resting her chin on top of Mya's head. Jessie took a deep breath and released it slowly, calmly, as if she was already falling back to sleep. Mya smiled a little, throwing her arm over Jessie's waist and relaxing.

And I didn't even have to open my eyes.

Mya was sure Jessie went back under after ten minutes of complete stillness and warmth, but it wasn't until Mya heard quiet sniffles from above that she learned Jessie was still very much awake and silently crying.

Mya frowned, sadness blossoming inside her own chest as she listened to the strained breathing. She felt Jessie's stomach jump and constrict. She desperately wanted to open her eyes now and comfort the crying girl who was obviously torn up about something.

Mya coined herself a voyeur, hearing part of Jessie's conversation and now witnessing her cry. There were so many questions Mya wanted to ask. So many things she wanted to know. She wanted to help Jessie in any way possible — if the girl would allow it. But Mya knew it wasn't her place or bridge to cross.

She desperately wanted to take the girl's pain away, knowing how heavy it was to carry every day. Mya only wanted those around her to be happy, even if she was a bit jealous of their happiness.

I'm so sorry for whatever you're going through.

So Mya laid in bed, curled up in Jessie's arms, listening to the woman succumb into distress until the soft sniffling and whimpering stopped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.2K 37
Ginny is a Graduating Senior in College, majoring in Crime Investigation in X University. During her last year, there's been a sudden change. a new t...
4.9K 238 23
π‡π’π¬π­π¨π«π’πšπ§π¬ 𝐰𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐜𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬... follow the heartwarming journey of Allisa, a resilient 19-year-old girl, as she...
522K 14.1K 72
|was titled sky evans| Twenty-two-year-old Sky Evans born and raised a New Yorker finds her way towards a new job opportunity working a the most wel...
2.4K 222 16
Book three of Country Core Series. From birth, Trinity saw the world differently than her peers. Not that she knew much of her peers in her childhoo...