Love and Futbol

By Witchr

Sicily Williams, a native of Milwaukee, WI, has been studying at the University of Minnesota in order to earn... More

Love and Futbol
This Is Real Madrid
The Holy City

The Williams x3

64 1 0
By Witchr

A/N: Sicily Wren Williams

Driving through the scenery Sicily felt like she'd been transported into a whole new world. Madrid was a tapestry of history and art, embellished with elements from the modern day. This was it, she was in Madrid! It was still unbelievable every time she thought about it. She'd been to some pretty large cities in the States, she knew Los Angeles and New York City, but they had never caused her jaw to drop. If she were any old tourist she'd probably have tried to fill her fleeting memories with the clicks of a camera, but she wasn't just a tourist. Sicily Williams would be Spain's newest resident and she would try her hardest to enjoy her stay of ten weeks, although she already knew it wouldn't take much effort.
"¿How's school been?" Sicily arched her eyebrow at her brother's transition into Spanish. She knew the language fluently and wasn't at all surprised at her brother's adequate mastery of the language (he'd been living in Spain for nearly a year). She figured he'd try to take advantage of his conversations with native English speakers.

"Are you trying to show off?" Sicily questioned playfully.

"Lo siento. It's a habit."

"It's been good, I finished my freshman year ahead of my peers by thirteen credits, got an apartment with Rome and I'm planning on making some extra cash editing papers. All in all it was a pretty productive year. You're still the same, I see you haven't shed your accent yet." Like her brother Sicily had been taught Spanish by native speakers from Mexico, and although to them the Spaniard lisp was strange their Mexican accents stuck out like large, sore, uncultured thumbs.

"The women think I'm exotic so I could care less, can't wait 'till you see the house, we've got practice soon so we won't be able to hang out till later tonight. Oh wait you'll probably be sleeping off jet lag so I guess we won't get to that until tomorrow."

"Cai, chill." Rio snickered.

"Man aren't you excited we've got three out of the five Williams here in Madrid! We'll show our baby sis the town and then begin project takeover. Madrid could barely handle the two of us, now we've got three? Sadly baby Williams is down for the count we could leave her at home maybe Morgan'll be there." The two continued their conversation amongst themselves. Sicily tried to listen to the conversation, but they seemed to be talking about a ton of different people she'd never heard of.

"Si you tired?" Rio asked over his shoulder.

"No." She returned staring out the window.

"Interested in coming to check out our practice, we'll go get some food afterwards." Cairo prompted.

"From what time to what time?"

"We've got drills at four until seven." Cairo answered.

"That's ridiculous a three hour practice? I'm not trying to sit around for three hours." She exclaimed. Sicily knew her brothers played for the Reggae Boyz when they lived in Jamaica for two years but she never really thought about how long they practiced. They weren't home most of the time and she never really paid attention to how long they were gone.

"Ri, think Morgan can pick her up and take her back to the house before practice ends?"

"Who's Morgan?" Sicily finally asked in irritation, nothing frustrated her more than discussions about things she was unfamiliar with.

"Morgan is our nanny."

"Cairo he's not a nanny, he's a professional caretaker." Rio corrected.

"Anyway, Morgan is the man who cleans the house, cooks and does any unofficial errands we're too busy to take care of. He also house sits when we're away at games and stuff, he's most definitely not a glorified manny." Cairo clarified. Sicily grinned at her brother's large eyes and air quotations surrounding the phrase "glorified manny".
"So when do I get to meet this professional caretaker?"

"Uh, he should be at the house right now so you'll get to meet him in like ten minutes." The older Williams returned.

The three continued down the road into the more high end area a ways away from the city. As they drove on Sicily watched cobbled streets turn into pavement, and sidewalks into green fields. Pulling around a row of trees Sicily saw a house, it was too big to be any old house and too small to be a mansion. All in all the house was surreal. Futuristically classic. It was sleek and elegant, crisp white sides with all around windows. The driveway pulled up underneath the elevated foundation into an amazing garage filled with, to Sicily's surprise, practical cars. There was a dark sedan with tinted windows, a small Toyota and a black limousine.
As they pulled into park Rio added a bit of flare as he pulled in using only the base of his palm to handle the steering wheel.
They parked and collected her bags before walking towards the door. Cairo unlocked the door, dropped his sister's bags before dragging her down the hall. From the first few seconds in the house Sicily recognized it for what it was, a bachelor pad. Pictures of famous Futbol players were splayed across the walls, old jerseys hung in frames, wooden plaques were everywhere, along side other memorabilia. The whole place was sports orientated, with a chic undertone, almost like the layout had been professionally done.

"So whadda ya think?" Cairo asked excitedly, desperate to hear all her wonderful compliments about his (which is actually Rio's) house.

"Well it's obvious this is a house of pathetically single men." Sicily added in a mocking tone. She heard Cairo snort, Rio chuckle but they kept walking. Eventually they arrived in a large living area, it was the center of the house, two separate spiraling staircases on opposite ends led up to the second level and two large sliding doors led out on to the patio. The entire layout of the living room was spacious and relaxing. Three black leather sofas surrounded a glass coffee table gravitating towards the movie theater size flatscreen. It was no shock that the table's centerpiece was none other than the Real Madrid logo. Adjacent to the living room was an open kitchen and a marble countertop area. Something Sicily only dreamed she'd have at her apartment back home.
"Mister Williams it's a pleasure to-" A very British voice came from the kitchen before being cut off by Cairo's obnoxious bark.
"Yo Morgan! Where were you hiding?"

"Hello young Mister Williams. I was in the kitchen preparing food for the arrival of Miss Williams." The man who exited the kitchen broke all of Sicily's expectations. He was an older man probably in his mid-forties with grey highlights and a few wrinkles here and there. Despite his age he was a handsome and regal man, with a kind face and dark eyes. Morgan wasn't as tall as her brothers, but he was far from being short.
"Oh, this must be Miss Williams, a pleasure to meet you." Sicily shook his hand and smiled gently.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Morgan, thank you but, the food was completely unnecessary."
"I was happy to oblige, and you may call me Morgan if you wish."

"Well either way thank you, Morgan. If you'd like you can call me Sicily. I'm curious where are you from?"

"I'm originally from Cambridge, but I moved here with my husband nearly two decades ago. I was wondering Miss Sicily if Mister Williams has told you where you shall be staying for the duration of your stay?" Morgan returned in his elegant speech.
"I'm not sure, Rio?
Rio who'd left the living room awhile back poked his head out of the kitchen at the sound of his name.
"Huh?" He asked with two sandwiches in his mouth.
"Where am I gonna sleep?" She repeated.
"Guest room." He mumbled. Cairo bounced up before grabbing his sister's things and hiking up the stairs. After thirty seconds the Williams brother zipped back downstairs with a large grin on his face.
"So Silly made up your mind about going to practice?" Cairo asked before flopping down on the couch.
"Sure I'll go, I'm just gonna go change."

"No need, it's around three fifteen so we won't have time to wait on you. You can barely tell you slept on a plane for thirteen hours."

"Okay I was asleep for ten, but still I don't have my hair done or make up on." Sicily argued. Cairo rolled his eyes and turned on the television. Sicily decided to join him on the couch as he flipped through Spanish telenovelas before eventually connecting with the Satellite TV to watch some American shows.
"By the way I know you haven't worn makeup since mom put it on your face for your sixth grade play. I recall you screaming about it suffocating your soul. Lame excuse baby sister." Cairo muttered, never breaking his gaze with the television. Sicily playfully punched him in the arm before laying down on his shoulder. She would have never thought he of all people would remember her strong dislike for makeup.
"Soo, any cute players I should be careful with?" Cairo turned to her with a disgusted look on his face. "Si I promised our ancestors I would keep you from such unladylike pursuits like looking at a man 'till you're thirty." The seriousness in his voice would've fooled the regular passerby but Sicily knew better.
"Well can any such woman resist the raw power and thrill of a Spaniard man? So sexy and-" What happened next Sicily wasn't at all prepared for, Cairo put her into another headlock while tickling her sides.
"Repent for your sins! Repent to the ancestors." Cairo joked.
"Cairo! Stop it, Cai!" She squealed nearly in tears.
"Rio! Help me!!!" After wriggling hard enough she managed to slip out of his grasp and fall towards the floor. Before she banged her head on the glass table she felt Cairo's fingers dig into the meat of her shoulders and hoist her back onto the couch.
"Ow! Let go of me!" Sicily whined.
"Idiot I just saved your life." He argued.
"I wouldn't have been in danger if you'd left me alone!" The two bickered for awhile before Cairo shoved her away muttering something about, "I have no time for you fur ball" and climbed the spiral staircase. A few minutes later Rio decided to poke his head out of the kitchen.
"Hey, is Cai getting ready?"
"I think so he just went upstairs."
"Okay I'm gonna be heading to the car pretty soon you might wanna put your shoes on."
"Forgive me if I'm being a little irrational but I just traveled thousands of miles and spent fifteen hours on a plane and I feel like we blasted through our reunion." Rio, who had disappeared into the kitchen again, sauntered into the living room. Clearly looking for something Rio managed to politely return with, "We've got time."
Sicily rolled her eyes before getting up to collect her sneakers down the hall.

"Hey." The following response wasn't something she was very proud of, Sicily squeaked loudly and her feet left the ground if not for a second concluded by her body freezing up. The culprit behind her mini cardiac arrest was none other than Cairo.
"You're a real asshole, ya know that?" She seethed with narrowed eyes.
"To Fur ball, love asshole. Figured you'd be needing one while you're here." Cairo smiled proudly as he dropped a phone and earbuds in her hand and then walked to the garage. Huffing exasperatedly, Sicily stuffed the objects in her pocket like they'd offended her or something. She did the same thing as she put on her shoes.

While in the car Sicily decided to check out her new gadget. It was a rather new Samsung Note with all the phone numbers she'd need already programmed in. Cairo was courteous enough to download some of her favorite songs on to it. To show her appreciation Sicily clicked on Stromae's 'Ta Fête', put on her sunglasses and gazed out the window.
She was glad for the headphones Sicily wasn't sure how she'd handle three hours of shouting men and sweaty players in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693K 40.3K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. °•°•°•°•° "Junoon ba...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
508K 43.9K 30
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...