THE DARKSKIN DUCHESS

Da ShaniceBThompson

A quiet insecure quirky dark-skinned girl travels to Paris for the first time after leaving behind a colorist... Altro

Chapter 1 - Love and Colorism
Chapter 2 - Betrayal, Ex Lovers and My Evil Step-mom
Chapter 4 - Prayers , Packing and the meaning of "Poopy"

Chapter 3 - Reinvention and Relaxation

276 18 3
Da ShaniceBThompson

There comes a time in every woman's life , in this case, every dark-skinned woman's life when she must reinvent herself and get all the conditioning of the society that made her feel inferior out of her.

That time, ladies, is now.

I took up my debit card with all the savings I had from working at a fast food restaurant and a cafe last summer.
Tip one : Work to save and save to invest in yourself !

I also snatched up one of my Dad's credit cards.

I was going to completely redesign my life because I lived in a world where I was supposed to just believe that I wasn't good enough, simply because I was a dark-skinned woman.

This is our world and we should define ourselves.

I looked through my closet and saw torn clothing , ripped jeans, washed out t-shirts, dresses and tie-dye crop tops. I searched deeper until I saw some boots with the bottoms falling out and a red Parisian style baret.

I took the baret into my hand and I just knew that Paris was calling me.

I wished it was. I wanted to go to Paris and find myself because New York didn't know who I was and the colorist narratives were draining and detrimental to my self-esteem.
I was determined to find where I was most appreciated even if it meant searching the world for a place where my skin color didn't have a negative effect on my life or any effect at all.

I started designing a vision board. Luxury cars, chandeliers , French food , self love , and real friends.

I was worth it and I wanted to attract everything good and glamorous to myself, that way I'd know that I wasn't the "plain dark-skinned girl" anymore.

I was already beautiful with a bare face, I sat in the tub for a bubble bath , just staring at myself in the mirror that was infront of me.

How could I NOT be good enough with such big brown eyes and beautiful skin. I shut my eyes, just allowing my thoughts to flow

I placed a round piece of cucumber over each of my eyelids.

I stayed there still, thinking that this was just the beginning of my transformation.

************************************************************

I stepped into Forever 21 , and ironically I was looking for a more mature look. I grabbed a black leather skirt and white knee high boots and a white crop top to go with it. I bought two neutral scarves, one black and one white and took up gold earrings and two dainty necklaces to go with it.

I walked around the store looking for something that sparkled, dazzled and blinged, maybe it wouldn't blind Colorists when they looked at me but it would let them know that I wasn't the "plain dark-skinned girl".

I walked up the stairs to the upper level of the store and that's when I saw it- a crystal studded dress that screamed, beautiful and feminine.

I walked around the mannequin that was wearing the dress, it had a feathery fluff on the shoulders and no sleeves. It was light purple with white feather like fluff that was so EXTRA but stunning at the same time.

I felt like I was in a dream.

"Do you like it ?" I heard a voice from behind and I turned around to see a brunette staring at me. She was a Forever 21 employee.

"Yes I do.It's beautiful. Do you have it in a medium?"

"Yes we do. I'll go get one."

She walked away for a minute and was back with my lovely dress hanging from a clothing rack.

"Thank you so much." I said as I beamed with delight and took the dress, rushing quickly to the fitting room.

I rushed by the workers,who controlled the fitting room and went straight into an empty room, drawing the curtain behind me.

I took off my shirt and then my pants. I put the dress on and it fit like a glove. So very beautiful.

I stared at myself, glad that I was looking my best and trying to attract the better life that I deserved.

I blew a kiss to my reflection, tearing up, so proud of myself.

When I finally got the dress off and put back on my drab old clothes I still felt new. I felt like an unstoppable woman who was on her way to greatness.

Someone had told me about a small , black owned clothing brand the other day called BRINAZ. I decided to check them out on brinaz.com and bought their white Swan Princess dress.
It is truely glamorous and I only paid a couple dollars for it.

I had planned ahead that I would be one of the best dressed women in every room I walked in, if not the best dress in the entire room. I wanted that power to change the narrative and unlock a new lifestyle for myself.

I had stopped at a few more stores where I bought trench coats and boots and tweed jackets. I had faux fur purses, pearl necklaces and then I stopped by the nearest Chinese restaurant to eat.

The food was delicious and I could feel myself glowing already.

The next thing I wanted to buy were self-care and natural hair products ,perfume, underwear ,a camera, a photo album, journal and a plane ticket to Paris, France.

After stacking up on all the things that I needed and buying my plane ticket, I booked an appointment to do my nails then headed straight home, where I would try to go to sleep and dream myself out of the same house with my stepmother and her annoying child.
________________________________________________AUTHOR'S NOTE_______________

Hey Guys! I have been working on the next chapters and I am sorry if I update this book late , but I am trying to get it to be as beautiful as possible so my chocolate girls can imagine themselves in the story and non- chocolate girls can visualize it all. A beautiful Black Princess, PERFECTLY PLACED in Paris.🛫
💜 - DarkSkinWife

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

3M 247K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
508K 54.8K 23
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
1.6M 93.4K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
7.9K 434 21
Open your heart before you open your mouth Cover by: @geminigraphics