Loss

By top_queenA9

"He may have just lost a pack member, but we had lost so much more. I lost my mate, and she lost her father... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

587 38 8
By top_queenA9

Later that very same afternoon, Raven was taking a nap up in her room after a rather exhausting shift, Asher was sitting on the couch putting together a puzzle when suddenly it struck him.

Standing up, his hand swiped his (thankful empty) mug and a few pieces fell to the floor. "Oh fuck." he hissed. Stumbling to the front door, he grabbed his coat and stuck his feet into his shoes.

Scribbling down a note to Raven on a post-it-note that he would be back in an hour or two, he ran out the front door and stuck the key into the car. Quickly backing up out of the driveway, he stepped on the gas and headed to the pack house.

One hand on the wheel, the other hand on his phone he attempted to dial Wyatt, then Jerry but nobody answered. Grimacing, Asher focused on the road, going over a few bumps and up the hill until he made it to the pack house.

Parking his car where he usually parked it, Asher slammed the door shut and locked the car, storming his way up to the main den. A few pack members shot him wary glances, but most of them were likely sleeping, recovering from the shift.

Opening the door, Asher practically ran towards the alphas office. When he got there, Asher took a deep breath and rapped on the door a few times.

"Come in!" called Wyatt. Asher pushed the door open. Wyatt looked at him in surprise. "Asher! What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Alpha Wyatt- Wyatt- yesterday during the full moon shift-" pulling another gasp for air Wyatt motioned for him to take a seat and Asher sat in the plush leather chair. "The shift- I was out and- I saw- I saw another pack." he wheezed. Asher blinked in surprise when Wyatt didn't react.

Straightening a few papers, Wyatt cleared his throat.

"Another pack you say..." he mused. Asher looked at him.

"Yes- yes and there were a lot of wolves and they were in the forest behind my house they approached me and-" Wyatt looked at Asher with a kind smile.

"Asher, I think you've misunderstood. Last week I was contacted by another pack, their alpha was interested in having a visit with ours for their younger members to look for their mates here. It's completely fine, I know that they're here." Asher frowned.

"But- I haven't- I didn't see them at all last week." he said, as a feeling of dread slowly started crawling up his back. Wyatt shrugged.

"They just arrived late Friday, one day before the full moon. Currently they're staying at Den F, and I actually have a meeting with their alpha in a few minutes..."

"The pack arrived Friday... Alpha Wyatt what exactly is the name of this pack?" demanded Asher. Wyatt looked up from his papers.

"Well they're the Litwood pack of course- Asher it's been nice talking to you and it's nice that you are concerned about the safety of the pack but I really do have a meeting with them in a few minutes-"

At that exact moment, the office door slammed open and Asher flinched back a little. Wyatt stood up and smiled.

"Alpha Litwood! There you are..." he said. Alpha Litwood, Jacob, turned his gaze on Asher. His eyes looked straight at him, the same eyes that he had looked into so many years before.

"Asher." he said with a breath. Asher stumbled out of the chair and felt his lungs constrict. "Why didn't you tell me he worked here?!" he asked, spinning to Wyatt and marching forwards. Wyatt simply raised his brows.

"It's none of your business who work's on my pack and who doesn't. Asher, how about you go outside and I'll have my meeting with Alpha Jacob-"

"NO!" Jacob slammed his hands down on the desk. "You aren't sending him anywhere." he said, the last word practically a snarl. Alpha Wyatt stood up, eyes sharp.

"Stay in line pup. Don't forget where you are right now." said Wyatt, tone cold. Jacob looked at Asher, then back at Wyatt.

"Why didn't you tell me he was here?" asked Jacob again, in a strangled voice. Wyatt looked at Asher.

"Asher, get out and go home. Take Rooch with you and don't leave his side until I call you." Asher nodded and started to walk out the door, when Jacob's hand moved, lightning fast and grabbed his wrist. Asher tried to yank his wrist out of his grip, but Jacob didn't go.

"Jacob." said Wyatt firmly, and Jacob gave a grunt, then let Asher go. Shooting him one last glance, Asher darted out the office.

In front of the office stood two Litwood pack members, a woman and a man. They barely looked Asher, and he ran away before there was any chance of them recognizing him.

Practically sprinting to the car, he was surprised to see Rooch standing in front of the car, leaning on his hood. He wore a deep maroon t-shirt that showed off his muscular arms, littered with scars. Rooch turned to Asher and waved.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Pretty Boy in the flesh! Alpha Wyatt told me to escort you." he said. Asher shook his head.

"I'm ok... really you don't have to." Rooch shook his head.

"No can do, gotta follow the bosses commands." yellow eyes narrowing, he opened the door and slid in, making a hand for the keys. Asher put them in his hand. "Was it those Litwood bastards again?" he asked. Asher swallowed.

"... no." he said, but Rooch scoffed.

"I can smell their alpha reeking off of you, that nice mix of "I'm buff and strong" and mixed with your fear scent it's pretty obvious what happened." he said, slowly driving the car home. "Don't worry, I don't like them much either. I'll protect you." then gave him a wink. Asher flushed.

"I don't need any protection," he said, and Rooch just shrugged.

"Hmmmmm. In my experience it's always better to have some extra help around horny asshole alphas." he said, then stayed quiet the rest of the ride, leaving Asher to think.

When they got back, Rooch stepped out of the car, and motioned for Asher to go in first.

"Ladies first!" he chirped. Asher rolled his eyes and swatted at him.

Unlocking the front door, he pushed it open and saw Raven at the table, finishing off his puzzle.

"Hey dad! You swiped a bunch of pieces off of the board..." then turned to look at him and her eyebrows rose at the sight of Rooch. "You brought cockroach man back?" she asked. Rooch sighed and Raven sniggered.

"Yes. Raven- he's going to be staying in the guest bedroom for now." Raven's eyebrows rose even higher.

"MmmmHMMM." she said loudly.

"Nooo not like that. He's just here for our protection." explained Asher. Raven's eyebrows seemed to shoot off her face.

"Mmmm- wait what? Protection? From what?" she asked. "Are we gonna move?" Asher sighed and sat on the couch, Rooch plopped himself down on the floor next to Raven and started rearranging puzzle pieces, and got a smack on the hand from Raven.

"No, we aren't going to move. There's been a... hostile wolf around and it's just maybe better for our protection if Rooch stays with us for now. Besides, Wyatt said to."

Suddenly jumping up, Raven yelped as Rooch bumped into the table, knocking a few pieces down again.

"Hey!" she protested. Rooch just stuck out his tongue.

"Alright, I'm going to just perform some security checks around the house and make sure everythings safe, you two stay right here okay?" then ran off to... perform security checks or whatever. Asher turned back to Raven, who was scooping pieces off the floor.

"You trust this guy?" she asked.

"Rooch worked as a security guard, and Wyatt trusts him. Also, I have my own life outside of this house, we've hung out before." Raven put a puzzle piece into place.

"You've gone out before... yes... I'm sure..." Asher tossed her an edge piece.

"It was just a pack thing. How do you know him?" he asked. Raven took the edge piece and slid it into place.

"Oh, Mr. Cockroach is one of the volunteers for our school's track and field team, he shows up at practice sometimes." she said. "So, wanna tell me what's really going on?"

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." said Asher, lying through his teeth. Raven made a grunting sound as she dragged herself off of the floor and onto the sofa.

"Yes and I'm a werecat. Pleeeaaaase," she drew out, whining. Asher picked up one of the tiny throw pillows on the couch and bonked her on the head with it.

"Raven, it's fine. If things get bad I promise I'll tell you. Just another pack here and Wyatt wants Rooch to stay with us for our safety." he reassured. Raven sighed.

"Alright, have it your way. Can Minty come over tonight? And sleepover till tomorrow?" she asked. Asher thought about it for a moment.

"Sure thing. Just keep it all PG-13." he warned, and Raven groaned.

"Yes yes dad I know. Where are the extra sleeping bags again?" she asked.

"Oh right, they're in the guest bedroom closet." Raven hopped off the couch in search of sleeping bags, and Asher pulled out his phone.

After a while, Rooch came out of whatever hole he had crawled into. "Alright, all clear. Instead of sleeping in the guest bedroom I'd really much rather take one of those sleeping bags and sleep out here." he said. Asher looked at him.

"You can't be serious." he said, but Rooch simply stared back at him, unimpressed. He shook his head.

"Trust me. I used to be military, now that's all over it's just being a security guard for the local mall. Still got it in me though, you'll be safe with me." he said with a wink. That would explain the heavy scars, thought Asher as he clapped his hands together.

"RAVEN!! Get Rooch one of those extra sleeping bags." he hollered. "And maybe a few extra blankets." Raven looked down at them from the top of the stairwell.

"Coming." she said. Running into the guest bedroom Raven brought out a plain sleeping bag as well as two fuzzy blankets, and a pillow stolen from the guest bedroom. "Just don't scare off Minty with your ugly face." she teased Rooch, tossing him the pillow he caught it with ease.

Rooch set up the pillows and blankets on the couch, and fluffed up the pillow. "There we go. Very nice." he said, satisfied. "Well what's for dinner?" he asked. Asher looked at Raven. Raven shrugged.

"Order something?? When was the last time we got groceries?" heading to the kitchen Asher swung open the fridge door and looked at the foods.

"Unless you guys want to eat... kale with broccoli for dinner I think it's best for us to order takeout." he hollered. "We'll go grocery shopping tomorrow. What do you guys want?" Raven jumped up.

"Oooooooo let's get sushi!! We haven't had it in ages. Please? Pretty please?" asked Raven. Asher took out his phone and turned to Rooch.

"Raven, you know the guest gets to choose. Rooch, what would you like?" he asked. Rooch shrugged.

"Sushi sounds great actually."

Opening google maps Asher searched for a sushi place nearby, and placed a call.

"Alright! Sushi it is, ordered and arriving in... around an hour."

After some time had passed, there was the clear sound of a ringing doorbell, followed by the knock on the door. Asher looked up from the television.

"It's only been thirty minutes. That must be Minty, I'll get it!" said Raven, hopping up and dropping her novel down, then going toward the front door. Asher watched as Rooch stand up from his armchair.

Raven turned the doorknob and the door swung open. "Who the hell are you?" she asked.

In the doorway stood none other than the man himself, Alpha Jacob Litwood.

"Asher please, I just need to speak to you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.6K 5.4K 11
Mallory always kept to himself, he liked living his life away from the prying eyes of the people of Casterly, with his clinic in top shape he had eve...
8.1M 356K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
413K 20.7K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...
1.1M 29.9K 33
Ever since Adam came out as gay his been bullied by the pack especially by his brother Mark. The only reason why he stays in the pack is because of h...