The Silver Paladin

By Rubyrose645

I remember nothing of my past, but when I look up at the sky, I felt like I belonged somewhere other than her... More

The first meeting
The Beginning
The Blue Lion
Today, We Are Paladins
The Rise of Voltron
Some Assembly Required
Bonding
Return of the Gladiator
First Battle
Fall of the Castle of Lions
Tears of Balmera
Taking Flight
Rebels
Return to the Balmera
Rebirth
Crystal Venom
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Rescue
This Can't Be.....
Shiro's Escape
Robeast
Greening the Cube
Killer Cube
The Eye of the Storm
Escaping the Storm
Ark of Taujeer
Ark of Taujeer pt. 2
Space Mall
The Blade of Marmora
Escape from Beta Traz
Stayin' Alive
Revelation
Best Laid Plans
Time to Fight
Blackout
Changing of the Guard
Red Paladin
New Roles
The Hunted
Hole in the Sky
The Alternate Reality
Track a Comet
Tailing a Comet
Lellal's Tale
The Legend Begins
Code of Honor
Reunion
The Light: A New Discovery
Black Site
Teshiria
The Clans
Hello Grandfather
The Battle begins
The Light
Celebration
Declaration
Begin the Blitz
A New Defender
The Prisoner
Blood Duel
Postmortem
Kral Zera
Discovery
The White Lion
White Lion Pt. 2
Omega Shield
The Colony
Black Paladins
All Good Things
Defender of All Universes
Past Memories
The Road Home
The Way Forward
The Ruins
Journey Within
Home
The Last Stand pt. 1
The Last Stand pt. 2
The Last Stand Pt. 3
Know Your Enemy
Our First Step
Heart of the Lion
Trial By Fire
Lion's Pride pt. 1
Lion's Pride pt 2
Lion's Pride pt. 3
The Aftermath
Launch Date
Prisoner's Dilemma
Battle Scars
The Grudge
The Genesis
Day Forty-seven
Clear Day
Knights of Light pt.1
Knights of Light Pt. 2
Knights of Light pt. 3
Uncharted Regions
The Zenith
The Last Time I Make You Cry
To Wait
Years Passed....
Awaken..
The Dawn of a New Beginning
Our Final Light

Day Forty-seven Pt. 2

1K 25 11
By Rubyrose645

~~~~Ash~~~~

The video came back to life after it had shut off due to low battery. Mr. Kinkade, from the past, was wearing armor and sweating a lot.

"Camera's fully charged. We're good to go." He said, "The time now is 0900 hours. We just experienced a minor mishap aboard the IGF Atlas, but we're back on track. In the future, we'll hopefully be avoiding creature-occupied gas planets."

"A minor mishap!?" Yorak exclaimed, "They just got attacked by some kind of space creature and that's a minor mishap?"

"Little brother, did you forget that they were on their way to find Honerva? This had to be nothing for them." I pointed out.

The video continued, this time, Kinkade was floating dowm the hall until he stopped in front of someone. A fellow Atlas member.

"Hey, Seok Jin, where you headed?" Kinkade asked.

"I'm transporting these samples back to Earth." Seok Jim answered, "Commander Holt thinks it could help with the recovery efforts there."

They clasped hands, "Well, they couldn't have picked a better man for the job. Take care, man." Kinkade said before they hugged and Seok Jin went on his way down the hall.

"Hey, Seok Jin...." Kinkade said, "We'll miss you buddy."

"Wow, Seok Jin..." Cassie said, "Never thought I'd see him."

"Yeah, didn't he die a few years ago?" Caros asked.

Allie nodded, "Yeah. I think he was just really sick. If it wasn't for him delivering those samples to Earth, I don't think we'd be where we are now. Just think of the lives he saved."

The camera beeped and whirred to life, scanning the area from the kitchen to the hallway.

"There you are!" Rizavi suddenly appeared on the screen, "Tell me this thing was recording during the attack! That was so intense! Oh, this documentary's gonna be awesome!"

The screen went black again before turning on and showing us another interview. This time, all of us were more than shocked.

"Kolivan!?" We shouted, seeing a much younger version of the Galran representative for the Galactic Coalition.

"Whoa! He's barely changed, except back then his red streaks were a lot more vibrant." Hiro pointed out.

"Definitely. Take a look at how stern his expression is." Allie said.

"Well, that hasn't changed very much." Yorak said.

"I believe our heading readout en route was... 92254739.275." Kolivan began, "Wait, no. It was 9.265. Yes. That was our heading per out readout just prior to our development."

As Kolivan talked, Rizavi came in from the corner of the screen, mock snoring. We couldn't blame her. Kolivan was a lot of the time, even today.

"Often we use the three-person unit, hut it's not unusual to have a four- or a five- or perhaps even a six-person unit. Seven seems rare, but... it could happen."

"Okay, I like everything you're telling me, but let's just try it a little less like you're reporting the facts to your commanding officer and a little more like you're telling your friend an exciting story in the gym." Rizavi said.

"Yes understood." Kolivan replied before Rizavi went back to her position.

"Awesome. Why don't you tell us about your last mission?" Rizavi asked.

"Our last mission took place on planet K-V Exus. The Blades divided into three four-person teams and we escorted approximately 12 rescue crafts to the surface." Kolivan continued, in the same monotone voice he was speaking in before.

All of us kinda tuned out everything he was saying after that. We got enough of those boring speeches whenever he came to visit to Celesital Day.

"Then the Atlas started firing eith everything it had!" A voice said from the video bringing us back to attention. We looked up at the screen and saw a familiar orange mustache.

"That can't be him.... right?" Hiro asked.

I nodded, "Nope, that's definitely Uncle Coran." I said.

The man on the screen, was an uncle to all of us. We actually started calling him that a while back when we were younger. He's like the fun space Uncle you could easily get on trouble with on all his shenanigans.

We all laughed as Coran mimicked gunfire and explosions as he tried to describe a previous mission.

"And don't forget the White Hole is swirling right next to us the entire time!" He continued, "Oh, no! It's about to close! Meanwhile, not one, but two, yes, two, Robeasts are attacking! Shiro's shouting our orders. "Coran, get closer! Iverson, open fire!" Beams of Quintessence energy are converging from all over the galaxy! You know, you could just imagine it."

"Wow, it's amazing how he just went from excitable to extremely calm." I said.

I wonder if Grandma really felt all that energy swirling about during that fight?" Yorak wondered aloud.

"I bet she did. After all, she is the Galactic Angel, ya know." Allie said, mentioning my Grandmother's all known title. She had gotten it when the war was over. Though, she didn't celebrate at first.

The camera went dark and stopped for a moment before light came back. Rizavi removed her hand from the camera lens and revealing a large room filled with computers and machines.

Standing behind her was a familiar face. Allie's great Grandfather, Commander Samuel Holt of the Galaxy Garrison.

"Welcome to the engine room." The commander said, "What you see here is just a tiny part of what keeps the ship functioning."

The screen chirped then the camera pointed towards one of the large screens that showed the information about the engine readings and overall Atlas functions.

The screen changed and we saw a green alien sitting with Commander Holt as he looked at the camera.

"Slav, you've created some incredible technology." Rizavi said, "What do you think of the Altas?"

"I can respect any engineering that extrapolate for transmutation, but I wish the writing was in Altean." Ths alien, Slav, said.

"He's mentioned that a few times." Commander Holt said.

"So, what are you working on now?" Rizavi asked.

"Right now we're about to adjust the gravity generator, which was fractionally increased during our last battle." Slav explained.

"Yes, actually, our gravity generator is a fluid system, ever-changing depending on the specific needs of the location so it requires recalibrating from time to time." Commander Holt said before returning to his work, "Okay, adjust gravity generator back down to .12."

"Copy. Adjusting now."

All of a sudden, the camera spun out of control like the members in the room.

"What did you press?" Commander Holt asked.

"I don't know! Which one is the two again? I can'tread these weird symbols you call numbers!" Slav said, "Hey, big guy, toss me over!"

Kinkade pushed Slav over to the computer, where he pressed a key and everything came crashing back down to the floor.

"Oh, no, directly on a crack!" Slav panicked.

"Weird." Kinkade said.

"Hmmm..." Cassie hummed, "Doesn't Slav seem a little..."

"Weird?" Allie said.

"Obnoxious?" Yorak said.

"Annoying?" Hiro said.

"A pain in the neck?" I said.

"I was gonna say eccentric, but those work, too." Cassie clarified.

The screen changed again, revealing a Juniberry flower.

"Wow! I haven't seen a Juniberry since last Christmas!" I exclaimed. I had always loved the Juniberry flowers. Mom and Dad would always take me and Yorak to the Summer Berry Festival every year and we'd have the best time!

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice said off camera, "It's an Altean Juniberry. The first one to bloom in nearly 10,000 years." The camera zoomed out, showing Allie's great Grandmother, Colleen.

"I managed to get it to grow be resequencing the genetic code of a similar planet. Saoirse actually helped, too. She was here everyday giving energy to the flower so it would grow properly. She even used her powers to form seeds out energy for this one, but creating things like that takes a lot of energy from her, so she could only make one."

Ths screen changed again.

"These are our fertilizers. We have fish emulsion, worm castings, Kaltenecker manure. Just so much great recycled poop!"

"Allie, I love ya and all, but your Great Grandma is kinda weird." Caros said.

Allie said nothing. She only sighed as the screen changed again to show glowing lights.

"And this is our lighting station. I like to say our lighting array is literally our of this world!" Colleen chuckled, "Well, because we're, you know, on a space ship."

"Can I take a shot at this?" Rizavi asked.

The video rewound itself and began Rizavi's take on it.

"Welcome to extreme space harvesting!" She said in a movie introduction tone, "Where we have plants and crops and super fertilizers all under one roof!"

The camera turned to Colleen, "Meet Colleen Holt, the botanical genius behind it all."

Miss Colleen looked so uncomfortable as Rizavi pushed forward with the questions. Especially the ones about how life om the ship wouldn't be able to survive if even a single thing went wrong.

"Oh, sorry. Am I interrupting something again?" A voice asked from the door of the greenhouse. The camera turned to the voice and we saw Mr. Hunk standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"I just-- I just came in to see if Colleen had a very specific type of yeast."

"Yeast? What for?" Kinkade asked. Again, we tuned out everything until the screen changed again.

"The time is 1200 hours." Rizavi said as she and Kinkade floated down the halls again, "We just got word that we are in the Grei-Aye star system. The Paladins will be heading down to the surface of the planet any second now."

The screen changed, showing Lance, Allura and Grandpa, all dressed in their Paladin armor.

"Lance, how are you feeling about the mission you're about to go on?" Rizavi asked.

"Oh, hey. I'm feeling good, I guess. Maybe a little tense. Maybe a lot tense. I don't know. Why'd you have to ask me that question?" Lance freaked out a little.

"Wow, Caros, not only do you look like your grandpa, you freak out like him, too." Hiro said.

"I do not!" Caros said, shouting just like his grandfather.

Allura walked over to Lance and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I think what Lance is trying to say is he'll be fine. We all will." She said, causing Lance to smile.

"Everyone, come on!" A new voice shouted jogging up to the group, "We'd better get going."

The voice belonged to a young woman with black, blue, silver and white hair.

"No..." Yorak said.

"Way...." I continued for him.

"Is that Saoirse!?" Everyone else exclaimed.

"I think so." I said, "Wow, Grandma hasn't really changed, but there's more black in her hair then."

"I know whatcha mean, sis." Yorak said, "It's kinda strange to see her out of her Teshirian robes ans without her wings. She actually walked around without them out?"

It was interesting to see our grandmother like this. She really changed after the war, because we had never seen her look like that. Only in old photos, but those were nothing compared to seeing her like this.

Ths screen changed. Rizavi and Kinkade were standing outside one of the hangars where a large Blue Lion was just taking off.

"Right now, we're headed to the situation room where we'll be monitoring the Paladins in real-time." Rizavi said.

"By the way, you know we're not gonna be able to bring our camera into that meeting, right?" Kinkade said walking away.

"Says who?" Rizavi said in a sotto voice.

She grabbed the camera and a few short seconds later, the camera showed inside the meeting.

Shiro was standing at the front of the room with Commander Holt, Coran and another Garrison Commander sitting nearby.

"Come in, Pidge. Can you read us?" Commander Holt asked as the screen pulled up visual from the Paladin helmets.

"Okay, we've just touched down on the surface." Pidge replied.

"We're at the crash sight now." Keith said.

The visual showed a large busted robot.

"That's the Robeast. It looks disabled, just like our intel reported." Pidge informed, "The Altean should be nearby."

"Guys, the ship is emitting an energy wave. We need to take cover!" We heard my grandmother say in a panic. All of a sudden, a piece of the Robeast detached from it and began to fly around shooting lasers at the Paladins below.

" I didn't know they could do that!" Hunk screamed before another fired at them, causing them to lose visual on ths situation.

"Paladins, report! We've lost visual." Shiro called out them without a response.

"Bridge, lock onto that ship now!"

"Yes, Captain. Adjusting to long-range parameters."

The visual came back, the Paladins firing at the attacking ship. We saw something else flying in the sky. Yorak and I recognized it to be our Grandmother's wings.

"Isn't Grandma a little slow?" I asked.

"I think so. Guess she didn't use her wings so often back then. Remember, she had the Silver Lion." Yorak said.

"Locked on!"

"Light it up!" Shiro ordered. The shot fired and hit the attacking ship, causing it to crash to the ground.

"Direct hit!"

"Nice shot, Altas!" Lance said.

"Yeah, thanks for the cover!" Hunk added.

"Bridge, stay on alert." Shiro ordered.

Ths screen changed again, this time, from a different point of view. We heard someone panting as they ran across the planet's surface onto the shot down ship.

The visual looked up and showed us Allura and Hunk standing on the ship.

"Stand by, Atlas. We're approaching the ship." Allura informed them.

"Guys, there doesn't seem to be a pilot inside." Hunk said. The camera looked up, Lance standing on the top of the ship.

"Everyone, we found the pilot." Grandma's younger voice shouted from afar.

The camera rushed over to the scene. The Paladins were gathered around a small pod.

"Pidge, can you get it open?" Grandma asked.

"Yeah, give me a second. Just reconfiguring to this barrier's isometric frequency." Something beeped, "There! That should do it."

A couple ticks later, the pod opened, revealing the Altean pilot inside.

"Atlas, our target is acquired." Grandpa announced.

"We'd better get him back to the Altas. His energy is low." Grandma said.

Ths screen went blank before showing us Rizavi again, "We just got word that the Paladins have returned from their mission. Maybe we can catch a glimpse of this new Altean."

From the intersecting hall, several Garrison members were escorting the Altean in chains. My grandma was right behind them.

"What shall we do now, Admiral?" One of the guards asked.

"We need to secure him with the others. But be sure not to cause any harm to him. They've all been through too much." Grandma ordered and they all disappeared down the hall.

"This will be the sixth Altean we've recovered from the powered-down Robeasts left behind after Honerva escaped Oriande." Kinkade said, "Allura keeps trying, but she hasn't been able to get any information from them as of yet."

The screen went black, then turned back on in front of a sign that said 'Authorized Personnel Only.'

Kinkade covered the camera as Rizavi opened the door.

"Commander Shirogane said you two were needed on the bridge." Rizavi said, her voice muffled, "We'll cover you station."

"Yes, Lieutenant." A woman said before leaving the room.

Kinkade uncovered the camera and focused it on the multiple surveillance tapes.

"There." Rizavi pointed to a camera in a room where Allura, Romelle and another Altean were talking.

"Oh, man, I think we missed the beginning."

Allura stood up in frustration, "I'm done talking with him. I'm done with all of them." She said before she and Romelle walked put of the room.

A tick later, someone else came into the room. The black and blue hair was seen on camera, so we knew it was mine and Yorak's grandma.

"Hello, Tavo. Can I call you that?" She asked, taking a seat.

"Call me what you wish. It will not make a difference. I will not speak against our goddess." Tavo, the Altean, said with a bite in his tone.

Grandma sighed, "I understand what Honerva told you, but you have to know that everything she's doing is hurting the universe."

"And how would you know?" Tavo asked.

Grandma's hair turned blue and Tavo gasped.

"An Angel! No, wait a tick, you can't be the Angel Honerva told us about."

"What are you talking about?"

Tavo said nothing more.

"I see. You still need time." Grandma stood up and her hair changed back to black, "When you're ready, Allura, Coran and Romelle would be happy to connect with you. Please, at least consider talking to them."

We stared at the screen as it went black.

"Wow." We all said.

"Grandma.... I can't believe she was so calm like that. I mean, that guy had attacked her and everyone else in one of those Robeasts. How could she be so nice?" Yorak asked.

"I don't know. Curtis always said that Ms. Saoirse was always sweet like that." Hiro said.

The screen came back to light, Rizavi holding the camera down the hall with a sneaky grin on her face.

"Anything?" A voice asked from around the corner. Lance and Allura came out from around the corner.

"No. He was just like the others. A true believer in Honerva and there's nothing I can say that would make him think otherwise.. Saoirse went in after, but I don't think she made any progress either." Allura said. The screen zoomed in.

"I'm sorry." Lance said.

"No, I am. These Alteans are the key to unlocking Honerva's plan. They're my people, but they won't speak with me. You have no idea what it's like to find out after 10,000 years that you're not the last of your kind... only to be rejected by them."

"I don't." Lance said, "But I wish everyday that there was something I could do to change it all for you. You've suffered more than anyone should in a thousand lifetimes. But still you persist. Through the pain, you inspire. It's one of the reason I fell in love with you."

Lance and Allura smiled and hugged each others. They pulled away, looked deep into each other's eyes and slowly leaned closer until....

"No, that's private." Kinkade covered the camera.

"Kinkade, what are you doing? That was our love angle!"

Caros scoffed and leaned back further into the couch.

"I'm actually glad I didn't have to see my grandparents make out." He said relieved. All of us chuckled, knowing that Lance and Allura are still affectionate to this day.

It's actually pretty inspiring to see them so loving towards each other after everything they've been through, especially at the end of the war.

The screen came back with a pink iris staring at the camera.

"Please don't touch that." Kinkade said.

"Oh, sorry." The next interview subject, revealed to be Romelle, pulled away from the camera.

"Nice, a personal interview of my grandmother! This should be good!" Allie said.

"So, Romelle, you know these Alteans from your time on the colony?" Rizavi asked.

"Yes." Romelle said, "I lived alongside them for many deca-phoebs. They are good people."

"What do you think would make them join forces with Honerva?" Kinkade asked.

"I don't know. But you must understand, my people were hunted nearly to extinction. They're afraid. And this Honerva.... she's turned that fear to aggression. If there was just someway to get through to them."

The screen changed to the lunch hall, then to a scene where Hunk was making food, adding the yeast before Bebe snatched the spoon from his hand.

Next, was Allrua's interview, the camera pointing towards her as she looked at Rizavi and Kinkade with sad eyes.

"First off, thanks for doing this, Allura." Kinkade said.

"You're welcome." Allura said.

"Maybe we can start with the Alteans we have aboard." Rizavi said.

Allura glared, "What about them? They're on the wrong side of this war and they refuse to speak with me. There's nothing else to say."

"So, you're frustrated?"

"Yes, I am. Oriande was destroyed, Lotor is back, and we aren't any closer to tracking down Honerva. She's out there, right now, planning something, preparing, and growing stronger. And we're here flying around in circles, searching for Fraunhofer lines that don't appear and scanning for wormhole signatures that don't exist!"

"Do you think we'll ever find Honerva?" Rizavi asked.

"No. I think she'll find us." Allura stated so seriously.

"I didn't know Allura could be so serious." Cassie said.

"Yeah, I've never seen Grandma speak like that since Grandpa really ticked her off." Caros shivered at the memory. If I remembered right, Allura was upset because Lance had somehow chipped a piece of the Celestial Day statue on Teshiria.

The screen changed. This time, Grandma was being interviewed.

She smiled at the camera, tying up her hair into a ponytail.

"Thanks for taking the time for this interview, Admiral." Rizavi said off screen.

"No problem. And you don't have to call me Admiral. Just call me Saoirse." Grandma said.

"Sorry, you must not be used to being called that yet, huh?" Kinkade asked

"Must be tough to be an Admiral at such a young age. I mean, you're eighteen, a Paladin of Voltron, an Angel with these incredible energy manipulation powers, and on top of that, you're an Admiral. How can you even deal with that stress?"

Grandma chuckled nervously, "Well, I have my friends, my brother and my amazing boyfriend to help me unwind. They're such an amazing group of people to have around. I don't think I'd keep my sanity without them."

"Sounds like you really care for everyone, don't you?" Rizavi asked. Grandma nodded.

"So, what do you think will happen next? Do you think we'll be able to stop Honerva?" Kinkade asked.

Grandma smiled and nodded, "I know for sure that we'll be able to stop her. Although, I think we'll be losing something important before we win." She muttered that last part.

"What was that?" Rizavi asked.

Grandma shook her head and laughed.

"Nothing, nothing." She looked down at her wrist watch, "Dang it. Sorry to cut this short, hut I have to go take a look at the energy levels in the thrusters and look over the reports from our previous mission."

"No problem, you are the Admiral after all." Kinkade said and the camera went back again.

"Did Grandma really know what was gonna happen to her back then?" I wondered aloud.

"Well, from what my grandfather said, Saoirse was always hiding things to protect her friends. I guess that was one of those times." Hiro said.

It's true. Grandma hid a lot of things from what our parents and grandparents told us in the stories they repeated to us when we were little.

The screen came back on and Hunk was standing in the kitchen.

"Okay, it's been a long day, but I'm finally done." He said opening the oven and taking a batch of Altean sweets.

"What is it?" Kinkade asked pointing the camera to the tray of desserts.

"It's an authentic Altean dessert! I'm gonna give it to the Alteans. Coran helped me with the recipe, but I think his memory was, like, a little bit fuzzy, so, you know, I did some improvising. No big whoop."

"You did this for them? Why?"

"Well, I don't know. Because food has a way of reminding people of moments in time. That's why I made a dessert. Usually when you eat a dessert, you're pretty happy, right? Who knows. Maybe this'll help those Alteans remember some moment that made them smile. Something before all this madness. That could go a long way in building a relationship."

The picture shifted to the Alteans held in custody, all of them holding one of the desserts Hunk made.

"Please, eat." Hunk said taking a hite of the dessert, "Look, it's good!"

Tavo, the Altean man Grandma spoke to before took a bite. His eyes widened.

"You made this? It reminds me of home." He said.

"Well, I had a little help from someone born and raised on Altea." Hunk said. The Alteans gasped.

"And I know. I know you don't wanna talk with with, but Allura and Coran know more about your homeland than anyone alive. Not even Saoirse can remember everything, since she was a baby at the time. The three of them were on Altean until its final day. Allura and Coran would've stayed and died to protect Altea if Alfor hadn't sent them away. That's how much they loved it."

"This, Saoirse, you speak of. Is she not the Angel from the stories?" One of the other Alteans asked.

"Well, Saoirse is the most powerful Teshirian in the universe right now. She is also half Altean. But, she doesn't know as much about it as Allura and Coran. All three of them really want to talk to you. Maybe reconnect and learn, not just for them, hut you as well." Hunk said.

There was a moment of silence.

"I heard Altea was one of the most beautiful places in the universe." Tavo said breaking the silence, "Did your Alteans ever tell you about the Zyo-Crystal Springs outside of the capital? Ths stories say that those cliffs were more beautiful than all of the stars combined."

"They never told me about them." Hunk said, "But I'm sure they'd love to tell you themselves."

The camera pointed towards the door, where Allura and Coran were presented to the Alteans.

The camera went off and Kinkade was sitting on his bed in his pajamas.

"This is Lieutenant Ryan Kinkade, MFE pilot. The time is 2300 hours. Day 47 aboard the IGF Atlas is officially done." He said before the camera turned off and the video ended.

We could only stare at the white screen as it ended, all of us now knowing another side of the war.

"I never expected that from a cd we randomly find in the library." Allie said.

"Yeah, who knew that's how it was on the Atlas." Yorak said.

"I can never imagine being under all that pressure." Cassie said.

"Yeah, I don't think I'd make it out alive with all that stress on my shoulders." Caros said.

I smiled and reached for the back of my head to take out the charm Grandma gave me years ago.

It was a beautiful blue color that swirled like a galaxy. It used to belong to her, but she gave it to me as a birthday present. She called it a Teshirian stone. I had my own, but I preferred to wear hers all the time.

"We come from some seriously cool people, don't we?" I said.

Everyone agreed with me.

"Yorak! Ash! You two home?" A voice called out from the front door.

It was our parents!

Two people came through the hall leading to the living room.

Our father, a tall half Galran, half Altean man. He had dark purple hair that matched the purple streaks in my hair. He had dark purple eyes, too and pale skin. He didn't inherit the Altean marks, but he didn't care about those. He did however have Galran streaks on his cheeks like my brother.

Our mother was our Grandmother's daughter. She inherited the silver color of her hair from Grandma with a single blue streak on the left side of her head. Mom and I shared the same eye color and Altean marks, but I got my black hair color from my grandpa.

On mom's arms was our baby brother, he was only six years younger than us, but he was already a trouble maker. He looked exactly like dad.

"Hey Mom, Dad." Yorak said, "How was the trip to Altea?"

"It was good. Everything's set for next week. Celestial Day this year will be amazing." Dad said.

"What have you kids been up to?" Mom asked.

"We found an old video while searching for research material for a project." I said, "It's about the Ten Thousand Year war and we found an old cd about Day 47 on the Atlas."

My parents' eyes widened, "Really, you found that? Wow, mom would be ecstatic to see that. Would bring back memories for hee."

"Ms. Cronos? Was your mom aware about what would happen to her before the war ended?" Hiro asked.

Mom sighed and nodded, "Yeah, she did. But she accepted it, knowing that everything would turn out well."

"So, will you kids be staying over? You should work on your project tonight. We can drive you all hole tomorrow since today is Friday." Dad asked.

We all agreed and worked on our project until midnight. The entire night, even while I was asleep, I thought about what we watched that afternoon.

Maybe one day I'll be as cool as my grandmother.

After all, I was part of the next generation of legendary defenders. Who knows, I might be lucky and find the Silver Lion to fly across the galaxy like Grandma did before.

       ~~~~Somewhere in the universe~~~~

In the distant stars, past of the edge of the universe, there lay a single star in the center of two nova clouds that wrapped around each other like clasped hands.

If you listened closely, you could hear the soft roars of the ones who once protected the universe so long ago.

To this day, they remain on that lonely star.

But today, their eyes opened for the first time in almost half a century.

"My brothers and sisters... can you feel them?"

"We do, Silver. They have grown."

"You are correct, Red. Perhaps we should fly and meet them one day."

"I like the way you think, Green. I would love to see the cub of my previous Paladin."

"Blue, be calm. We will meet them soon. I am excited as well."

"What do you say, Silver? May we take a short flight across the nearby quadrants? Just to stretch our legs."

"Very well, Black. Let's get going."

The six defenders took off into the stars, flying more freely than they have ever felt.

Soon, the next generation would take on the responsibilities of protecting the universe they loved.

And perhaps one day, they shall fly together through the stars once again.

For those who are still confused about the relationships of the Voltron grandchildren, here's a brief explanation.

~~Aisling Silver Cronos~~

Granddaughter of Keith and Saoirse Kogane
Daughter of Tremaine and Alyssa Cronos
Older twin sister of Yorak Cronos
Cousin of Cassie Teshiri

~~Yorak Nephram Cronos~~

Grandson of Keith and Saoirse Kogane
Son of Tremaine and Alyssa Cronos
Younger twin brother of Aisling Cronos
Cousin of Cassie Teshiri

~~Cassandra 'Cassie' Teshiri~~

Granddaughter of Lellal and Katie 'Pidge' Teshiri
Daughter of Mitchell and Elaine Teshiri
Cousin of Aisling and Yorak Cronos
Older sister of Colleen Teshiri

~~Hiro Takamine~~

Grandson of Takashi and Curtis Shirogane.
Adopted son of Kane and Mirana Takamine
Older brother of Mimi Takamine

~~Caros Altea McClain~~

Grandson of Lance and Allura McClain
Son of Alfor and Rose McClain
Older brother of Mela McClain
Younger brother of Azul McClain

~~Allie Flora Garrett~~

Granddaughter of Hunk and Romelle Garrett
Daughter of Dates and Laila Garrett
Older sister of Tau Garrett

Hope this helps at least a little bit with the whole relationship thing. See you next week!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 61 16
[Book 2/3] What comes to mind when you think of Avrigg Egan? Maisey Egan's older sister. Half Galra. Blade of Marmora. Gay. Married. Mother. Happy. S...
2.2K 47 20
Growing up in the Galra Empire, I have no clue about my past nor how I ended in such a life of pain and torture. But I always have a feeling that I'm...
8.3K 157 44
She looks human, but is far from it; created by humans with the help of the Galra to be a weapon of mass destruction. But she refuses to be used by a...
253K 4.3K 85
[book 1/3] Once she was just a regular girl who went to the Galaxy Garrison with her best friend, her sister already worked there and she lived a sim...