A New Dawn - Transformers Pri...

By babsgordon152

The final instalment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew the battle wasn't over, but she w... More

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Conclusion
Epilogue
(Final) Author's Note

Chapter Forty

549 27 18
By babsgordon152

[Amanda]

   "The gold is spreading," Arcee reported. "We've evacuated the areas closest to the Zaren Pits, but it's moving fast."

   My pacing was as hurried as my thoughts, the conversation I had with Cleona replaying over and over in my mind. The entire team was here now, and Finn had already tried to calm me out of my frenzy, but I couldn't. There was a buzz under my skin, and I had to figure it out.

   "You cannot. Only Primus can."

   How the scrap was I supposed to get a god to listen to me and help out? Not just any god, but the god of Cybertron. The head honcho. The top boss. Even Cleona couldn't help me get his help. How was I supposed to do it alone?

   "We have to get there!" Smokescreen exclaimed. "We have to help stop that thing!"

   "How do you propose you'll do that?" Ratchet snapped. "The Uprising has caused a massive energy surge on Cybertron! I'll only be able to open the space bridge once with that kind of disturbance, and I'll only be doing that when we have a certain plan of action!"

   "And how are we going to come up with that?" Bulkhead asked, getting antsy as well. "Cleona didn't tell Amanda how to stop the Uprising, only that-"

   "Primus can, I know." The medic cut him off, then looked at me. "How-"

   "I don't know!" I said, my stress leaking into my tone. "I- I need more time- I need to figure out-"

   "Time's something we don't have, boss," Wheeljack commented.

   "I know, I know," I muttered, barely paying attention. Only Primus could help. Only Primus...

   Think, Amanda, think!

   She wouldn't have told me that if she knew I could do absolutely nothing with that information. Cleona said I couldn't stop the Uprising, but that didn't mean I couldn't help stop it. Only Primus could truly stop it... there had to be something I was missing. Some link between me and Primus. Something that I could do to-

   "Prime." The word left my mouth in a rush, before my thoughts could catch up. Then everything fell into place. "We need a Prime."

  "What?" Everyone demanded, pretty much in sync.

   It all makes sense now!

   "Think about it," I explained in a hurry. "We've always had some sort of connection with Primus, and it was through a Prime. There were dozens of Primes over Cybertronian history, and they acted through the will of Primus. We had Optimus Prime, and he acted through the will of Primus. Primes are our bridge to Primus himself, and goddesses are the bridge between us and Primes. We need to go to the Well of Allsparks, and I need to raise a Prime."

   Everyone started talking at once, and I took a step back as all their voices hit me at once. Then a sharp whistle pierced the air, and we all turned to Miko, who held her fingers to her lips.

   "I can't believe I'm the one saying this," She said, shaking her head. "One at a time!"

   "How are you supposed to raise a Prime?" Bulkhead asked. "There hasn't been one since Optimus, and that was ages ago!"

   "I know that," I said. "But I've read tons of books in the athenaeum over the past year, and there are a few on how the goddess could raise a Prime with her powers."

   Smokescreen shook his head. "How do you know they're the right books?"

   "Because I..." My voice faltered for a moment, but the words were already tumbling out. "I was looking for a way to bring back Optimus. I learned only how to summon a Prime."

   That made a somber silence fall over us, and I unconsciously thought back to the few months after the Prime's death. The nights I spent pouring over those books, searching every page for a way to bring him back somehow. The closest I had gotten were the books on summoning Prime, which were useless to me at the time. Now, I was thankful for the hours I spent not sleeping and reading instead, despite the frustration and tears I faced afterwards.

   "Cleona was always the bridge between Cybertronians and Primes," Ratchet said, tone thoughtful as he broke the silence. "She was the one who guided Optimus to the Matrix of Leadership itself. She also created the Primes before him through Primus' will." He looked at me, a frown deep on his face. "But a champion summoning a Prime? It's unheard of."

   I shook my head. "Then it's time to break some records. This is the only way to stop the Uprising and stop Valilorna from waking."

   "Do you even know how to do it?" Smokescreen demanded. "Reading books is one thing, summoning a Prime is another."

   "Yes, but I have a feeling Cleona won't make me do it alone."

   I'm putting my faith in you now.

   "Who would the new Prime even be?" Wheeljack asked.

   Now I frowned, gaze dropping. Thankfully, Ratchet came to my aid with that one.

   "Cleona was never the one to choose the Prime, only guide them," he said. "The choice is for Primus alone."

   "So let me get this straight," Arcee said over the comms. "You guys will ground bridge here, we take Amanda to the Well of Allsparks, and she summons a Prime. Then what? How long will that take? The gold dust is spreading quickly, we may lose the well itself before the process could be finished."

   All their questions were making me second guess my answer. They all had a point. What if the summoning took days? Would the gold dust be held off for that long? Who would the new Prime be? How would they be able to stop the Uprising itself? I didn't like all the unknowns, not with the fate of Cybertron, Earth, and countless lives in the balance.

   I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up to see Finn standing next to me, a warm look on his face. Miko was right on my other side, her expression determined, and Jack stood next to her with a similar stance. Slowly, I felt the air return to my lungs, and I shoved back the doubt in my mind.

   Lead the way Optimus knew you could.

   "Look, this is our best bet," I said, voice stronger now and losing the shaky energy it had before. "We all know that the Matrix of Leadership contains pure power from Primus. It was powerful enough to stop Unicron from awakening, it'll be strong enough to make sure Valilorna stays down as well. No, we don't know who the new Prime will be, or how long the process will take, but we have no other choice. Ultra Magnus is still missing, along with way too many Autobots, and Cybertronians are being forced away from Valilorna's reach as we speak. We can't afford to be indecisive right now. We have to act, and right now, this is our only option."

   Silence fell over the base, before the comms crackled to life. First came a rush of static, then a voice.

   "Ultra Magnus to- b-ase-" Came the commander's voice, and Ratchet jumped to the computer.

   "Commander, we read you," He said, typing away at the keyboard, probably to make the connection stronger.

   "Where are you, commander?" Arcee asked. "Bumblebee and I are on the ground, but we can't locate you."

   "Temp- est's troops have- ov- run the- bet- a- post-" It was hard to hear his words through the crackling and static. "We- a- unable to- ho- ld- for much- long-"

   "We have a plan, Ultra Magnus," I said, stepping forward. "Hold your position for as long as you can."

   "Do- not attempt- to- tr- Cybertr- on-"

   I turned to the medic. "Ratchet, can you lock onto his position?"

   "I'm working on it. Rafael?"

   The younger boy shook his head. "It's hard with all the static!"

   "Didn't he say beta post?" Miko asked. "What's that?"

   "A space bridge on Cybertron, kid," Wheeljack said, then looked over at the computer. "Hear that, Doc?"

   "Yes, it appears that the beta post has been lost in the gold dust originating from the Zaren Pits."

   "Alright, listen up." I announced, getting everyone's attention. "We're splitting up once we get to Cybertron. Wheeljack, Bulkhead, you're going to take Arcee and Bumblebee's job and help guide Cybertronians away from the gold dust. Finn, Miko, Jack, suit up and you're with me, along with Arcee, Bee, and Smokescreen. We're going to the Well of Allsparks." I held out my hand towards the Autobots, willing silver dust to my fingertips. "I'm giving you each a protective shield against the gold dust, but don't take any chances. Arcee, Bumblebee, I'll give you yours when we get there."

   Finn, Miko, and Jack headed to the back rooms, where I had the BeckIT space suits stored. I used my powers to give each Autobot a thin shield, just enough to protect them but not enough to impact my strength. They assembled by the space bridge afterwards when Ratchet called me over.

   "Are you certain you're able to raise a Prime?" He asked, tone low so only I could hear him.

   I frowned, but nodded. "Nothing is certain, Ratchet. But I've got to try."

   "I've studied the times when Cleona herself has summoned a Prime, and each time the goddess retreated to her observatory afterwards. It is said that the process drains even Cleona."

   "What are you trying to say?"

   "What if you don't have enough power to do this?"

   There was an underlying question in his words. What if you use up all your power to do this?

   I didn't know. Was it possible for me to lose all my power? If I used up too much, yes it had a physical toll on my body, but if I used it all? What was my limit? What would happen if this part of me is torn out? Being the Champion of Cleona seemed like it was engraved in my bones now, like it was part of my very DNA. Without all that, what would be left behind?

   "I don't know," I admitted grimly. "I honestly don't know what it will do to me. Using it all up could kill me for all I know. Let's just hope it doesn't."

   "Amanda," He gave me a long look. "I promised Optimus before he sacrificed his life to light the Well of Allsparks that I would do everything to protect you. I... I am not sure if I can stand by knowing that you're embarking on a mission that may lead to your demise."

   "Ratchet, I have to raise a Prime," I insisted, but stayed calm. "If it's my life in exchange for the billions of lives on Cybertron and Earth, then that's a risk I'm willing to take. The books have showed me how to do it, Cleona will guide me, and I trust both are enough that I'll be able to raise a Prime. If it takes my life in the process, so be it. The stakes are too high."

   He fell silent, his gaze lowering before returning to me. "This team needs you, Amanda. You're their leader."

   "And Optimus was the Autobot leader," I said, even though the words made my heart hurt. "Yet he knew when it was time to act, and he didn't hesitate. I won't either."

   "You always told him that he didn't have to sacrifice everything for the Autobot cause. That he had already sacrificed enough."

   I smiled ruefully. "Then I guess we're the same kind of stubborn."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 10.5K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...
78.9K 764 23
The Autobots finally return to Earth with the threat of the decepticons back. This story mainly focuses on Jack Darby and his realtionship with his p...
1.5K 47 4
In war, nobody really wins. The true objective is to lose less people and of what you are fighting for than your opponent. And the natives of Cybertr...
3.9K 186 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...