๐’๐€๐”๐ƒ๐€๐ƒ๐„ | ๐‰.๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐˜

By -LOVELYARCHIVES

๐’๐€๐”๐ƒ๐€๐ƒ๐„| โ ๐š ๐ง๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ... More

sแดแดœษดแด…แด›ส€แด€แด„แด‹โ™ฌโ‚
s1 e1: "there's no new girl in peds"
s1 e2: "you like mark sloan, don't you"
s1 e3: "kelsey livingston, you're hot"
s1 e4: "in your wildest dreams, avery"
s1 e5: "i've never told that story to anyone"
s1 e6: "happy new year, avery"
s1 e7: "you alexandra grey, are a warrior"
s1 e8: "oooo do we have a secret admirer?"
s1 e9: "nothing is going on between me and avery"
s1 e10: "i don't know what i'd do without you"
s1 e11: "let's go to sleep then"
s1 e12: "you're my four-leaf clover"
s1 e13: "i think i need a little more convincing"
s1 e14: "i can't not tell lexie. i'm her bestfriend"
s1 e15: "your mom....is iconic"
s1 e16: "we're just having fun"
s1 e17: "i wanna come home to jackson"
s1 e18: "that's the plan sweetheart"
s1 e19: "can we just forget about it?"
s1 e20: "you're triple board certified!"
s1 e21: "i'm triple board certified bitch"
s2 e1: "you're not done making me proud, button"
s2 e2: "i want this, jackson"
s2 e3: "i just....have this feeling"
s2 e4: "why the hell did you have to take her too?"
s2 e5: "you drunk, livingston?"
au|s2 e6: how to save a life.
s2 e7: "let's buy a house"
s2 e8: "i fell in love with you, jackson avery"
s2 e9: "you must be the avery's!"
s2 e10: "she would've loved you"
s2 e11: "but you can't be a hero, jackson"
s2 e12: "kelsey livingston, you are my wildest dream"
s2 e13: "it's just you and me"
s2 e14: "i'm getting married, lex"
s2 e15: "you still wanna do this?"
s3 e1: "to us and to them"
s3 e2: "but at least we've still got each other"
s3 e3: "i keep having a 'jackson is dead' dream"
s3 e4: "can you promise me one thing?"
s3 e6: "we need to talk about what just happened"
s3 e7: "i do this for them"
s3 e8: "and we're gonna be two kickass parents"
s3 e9: "with two kickass kids"
s3 e10: "i'm having that feeling again"
s3 e11: "i'm just scared to lose them"
s3 e12: " i don't want to think about you dying anytime soon"
s3 e13: "for however long you and our babies need"
s3 e14: "wanna renew our vows?"

s3 e5: "thank you. i don't think i've told you that enough lately"

6.5K 205 45
By -LOVELYARCHIVES

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ I THINK I LOVE YOU
A LITTLE BIT MORE
EVERY DAY ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───
"𝐧𝐨, 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲. 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲"

slowly opening her eyes, kelsey squinted into the darkness of the room in the direction of jackson's bed.

"come on" she slowly sat up, lifted her upper body and allowed for her back to stretch, pushing her arms into the air as she let out a yawn. finishing her yawn, she blinked until her eyes adjusted in the dark and looked at jackson, watching as he started to squirm. with furrowed eyebrows she slowly stepped over to the bed, placing her hand softly on his chest.

"jackso—"

"kelsey! kelsey—ow!" he moaned as he popped up, immediately hissing in pain.

"hey. what's wrong?" she softly asked as she sat on the edge of his bed, covering her mouth with her hand as she let out another yawn.

"nothing, nothing" he dismissed as he readjusted himself, staring up at the white ceiling above then.

"come on j, talk to me" she insisted, pulling the rim of the hospital gown up past his collarbone.

"i.....guess, i had a dream that i was back at the house. the burning one. i wanted to give up so bad. it was hot as hell, my leg was going numb, i couldn't breathe. but i thought about you. and how i did it again" he said, dropping his head to the right, putting his attention on kelsey. "doing things without thinking about you first. i mean i thought about but....not long enough. i had to come home to you, to apologize" he admitted in a low tone, running his hand along her thigh. "i'm sorry, kelsey. sorry i keep—"

"it's okay, jackson, really. i told you, i'll be the selfish one. as long as you can make it back home to me in one piece, you can continue to go out there and be a hero" she smiled, lovingly caressing his cheek with the back of her index finger. his hand moved up to grab hers, a lot less shaky than it had been the day before, planting small butterfly kisses in the middle of her palm.

"it's nice that your voice was the first thing i heard today" he professed gruffly, a small smile forming across his tired face. kelsey let out a giggle before softly kissing his forehead, moving and laying her head on his chest, under his slinged arm, with a smile.

"don't good morning me, where is my son?!" a voice that couldn't be anyone other than catherine avery herself boomed throughout the halls. jackson's eyes popped open, peeking over at the door with slightly widened eyes.

"how did she?....did you call my?...."

"maybe" she insinuated in a somewhat high pitched tone, slowly sliding out of the bed while avoiding eye contact with her. kelsey immediately stood up from the bed as the door swung open, noticing catherine's facial expression soften as she seen her son lying in the hospital bed in pain.

"oh baby, what happened to you?" her voice trembled as she placed her purse on the chair closest to the door, walking over to the bed with open arms.

"i'm—ah. i'm fine, mom" he assured, wincing as she expressed her concern for him a little too tightly.

"fine? you're in a cast for goodness sake!"

"mom, i'm fine"

"was it a car accident? because i will find the person who did this and i will sue them hell out of them!"

"mom, relax" jackson chuckled, amusement masking his drowsy facial expression.

"okay, okay, i'm chill, i'm chillin" she proclaimed, carefully sitting on the edge of the bed.

"i'm gonna go get a coffee, would you like anything?" kelsey politely asked, pulling the bottom of her wrinkled scrub top past her waist.

"i'm pretty sure you've been worrying and taking care of his hard-headed self for the past 24 plus hours. sit down, relax. i'll call it in" she insisted with a wave of her hand, unhooking the handset from the receiver as she started to dial the cafeteria.

"here, you need to have something other than just coffee" jackson told kelsey as he reached for the menu sitting on the hanging table.

"aht-aht. you sit back" catherine scolded while pointing the phone at his head, pushing him back down before bringing the phone to her ear again.

"i don't want any of this, i'll just get a coffee" kelsey dismissed, looking over the menu before placing it back on the hanging table.

"come on kelsey, you need to eat. it'll make me feel better" jackson coaxed with a smile, bringing a giggle out of kelsey she couldn't control.

"fine" she agreed, shaking her head as she watched his smile grow before flipping the menu open.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲, 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞" jackson laughed as kelsey held the fork with a few bowtie noodles up to his mouth, turning his head away from her.

"come on, jackson, i'm not gonna finish this all by myself"

"please, you've finished twice as much food as this with not problem" he retorted, pulling a semi-loud gasp from kelsey as shock took over her face. jackson quickly took the fork out of her hand and slid his teeth against the prongs, placing the fork on the plate before looking at her, chewing the pasta with a smile.

"you're lucky you're hurt" she uncontrollably laughed, resting herself against the right side of his body just as the end of the movie played. kelsey smiled, watching the gray-haired couple take each other hand in hand, walking in the middle of the crowded sidewalk, as if they were the only two in the world.

"what are you most excited about getting old?" kelsey asked, leaning up to gaze upon jackson's face.

"doing it with you" he responded, staring down at her lovingly with an almost small smile on his face.

"aw, aren't you sweet?" she teased, letting out a short giggle before nuzzling her face into his neck, allowing him to softly kiss her forehead.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
❝ 𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ❞

"𝐛𝐚𝐚𝐚𝐚𝐛𝐞! 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞!" kelsey announced as she stumbled into the house, pushing the door close and letting her work bag fall onto the floor with a sigh.

"jackson?" she called out again, waiting for him to respond. after he didn't, she picked up her bag and walked up the few stairs in front of the door, making her way into the living room.

"hey. i figured we'd have breakfast for dinner so i picked up some waffles from that waffle house up the street" she said with a smile as she held up the bag before placing it on the table.

"hey. you okay?" she asked as she watched him continue glare ahead at the tv with his arms folded across his chest.

"first day of physical therapy was great today, thanks for asking" he sarcastically replied as he powered off the tv, picking his crutches up from the floor and propping them under his arms.

"dammit kelsey, i knew i forgot something" she cursed to herself before rushing into the kitchen behind jackson.

"how was it? did they say how long you'd have to be on crutches?"

"oh so now you care?" he asked, slipping the water bottle into his hoodie's pocket.

"what do you mean 'so now you care' since when have i not cared?" she questioned with furrowed eyebrows as she followed him back into the living room, crossing her arms over her chest.

"well if you cared you would've showed up since i've been reminding you about it since yesterday morning"

"okay, jackson, i got caught up in some consults it's not like i skipped out on it on purpose, cut me slack here"

"cut you some slack? i'm the one that's been bound to this couch for the past four days when you've been able to go anywhere you please but the one time i ask you to do something for me, all of a sudden it's too much of a hassle for you"

"the one time you've—okay" she exhaled, shaking her head as she let out a chuckle. "i have been doing nothing but helping you since you got out of the hospital. i've been feeding you, i've been keeping your burns clean, i've tried to make this living room as comfortable for you as i possibly can, all while pulling 8 plus hour surgeries during the day!"

"well i didn't ask you to do that!"

"fine! you can just wash your own damn clothes!" she exclaimed as she picked up one of his hoodies from the second couch, balling it up and throwing it at his chest. "pour your own damn orange juice!"she added, grabbing the empty orange juice cartoon and throwing it at him also.

"kelsey—"

"and cook your own damn soup!" she finished, going to grab one of the various soup cans sitting on the coffee table.

"kelsey you better not" jackson warned. she grunted as she tossed the can at the couch, causing jackson to dodge to the left as it hit the couch's back pillow.

"really?" he asked in annoyance as she snatched her work bag off of the couch and stomped up the stairs, tossing the orange juice cartoon to the side with a sigh as he took a seat, listening to her stomp through the hallway before slamming their bedroom door.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
❝ 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ❞

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦?"

"probably not my best moment but he deserved it" kelsey argued, switching her phone to her left hand as she walked up the cement porch steps, digging around the inside of her purse for her keys.

"i still don't think he was trying to discredit all you're doing for him"

"that's sure how it came across"

"yeah but i know jackson, and it just doesn't seem like something he would do" april said, causing kelsey to raise her eyebrow.

"not that you don't know him because y'know....he's your husband but i'm just saying, jackson isn't the type to be ungrateful" april explained, pulling a silent chuckle from kelsey as she finally found her keys, sticking it into the key hole.

"injury can do that to a person" she sighed as she stepped into the house, immediately stopping as the smell of food hit her nose.

"let me call you back" she mumbled, making her way up the steps and into the kitchen.

"hey. you're home" jackson greeted, turning the eye of the stove he was currently cooking on off.

"yeah. i thought you wanted waffles again?" she asked, placing her purse and keys on the island top before rounding it, peeking over is shoulder to see what he was preparing.

"yeah but i decided to cook for my amazing wife instead" a small smile spread across her face as she stepped to the side, allowing him to pull a pan out of the oven.

"parmesan chicken. fancy" she teased with a smile.

"only the best for you" he responded, leaning against the island as he slid the all-black oven mitts off of his hands with a smirk. kelsey smiled, staring down at her feet with a small giggle.

"look kelsey, i'm sorry about snapping on you yesterday. i'm just so use to being the one to help people and it's weird needing help with every single little thing now i just.....i don't know, i thought if you seen how much i didn't need help in physical therapy you wouldn't have to look at me differently"

"jackson. you're my husband" she started, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "it's my job to help you. in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times" she said with a smile. "as long as we're married, you're going to have to get use to getting help sometimes"

"yeah, i guess" he mumbled, picking up the fork laying ontop of the decorative napkin and slicing off a piece, holding the utensil up to her mouth.

"as long as you can get use to eating take out almost every night because i hate how long cooking takes" he voiced, earning a chuckle out of kelsey.

"thank you. i don't think i've told you that enough lately" he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her waist, letting his forehead rest against hers.

"your welcome" she happily whispered back, letting her hands rest on the sides of his face with a smile.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
❝ 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 ❞

"𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝟏𝟓 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞"

"well we wouldn't be late at all if you just put your keys in the drawer, i put the little table right by the door so you can just drop 'em right there when you first walk in and grab when you're on your way out" kelsey explained as they rushed into the elevator.

"i know the table. i hate it, i'm not an on the table kind of guy" he responded through a chuckle, wrapping his arms around her waist as he leaned against the wall, pulling her body against his. "well, unless it's....you know" he mumbled, staring down at her lips with a smirk.

"oh—well i'm not a—i'm not a can't-find-my-keys kind of girl" she said through a giggle as jackson kissed her.

"mm-hmm. that's what i'm saying though, right?"

"what?" kelsey asked through a breath as she pushed the number of the ER on elevator's buttons, turning around and leaning her back against jackson as he placed his hand on the side of her neck.

"you do you, and i do me. unless you prefer for me to do you instead like this morning than i can do that, y'know? 'cause it's always time for that" he smirked, sending kisses from her cheek down her neck.

"no, jackson, your you and that activity makes me late for work, and i can't get in the mood knowing some little kids died because i couldn't get out of bed with you in the morning" she argued as she placed her hands on top of his, turning her head to the side as he continued to kiss down her neck. "besides. i think we do it too much"

"what? no one has ever complained about doing it too much. especially not you" he muttered, bringing his hand back up to her neck as he titled her head towards him, planting another kiss on her lips. they both broke their kiss at the sound of the elevator ding, going back for one more before kelsey pulled away, sliding her hand down his forearm as she exited the elevator with a smile.

"there is a viral infection running rampant through this hospital" she heard owen say as she wiped the side of her lips, biting her lip to suppress her smile as she walked up to the group of doctors surrounding him. "it feels like flu symptoms, then G.I. stuff"

"oh—sorry" she mumbled as leah ran into her, removing the hair tie from her wrist before pulling her hair into a low ponytail.

"hey. what's hunt going on about?" alex asked as he walked up to her, holding out a tablet.

"infection going around. it's just what i need today, to be surrounded by a bunch of infectious youth" she shared, gliding her hand twice under the hand sanitizer dispenser.

"so robbins was right. well in that case, i'm going home"

"what, you scared of a little flu?" she teased with a smirk as she manipulated the sanitizer against her skin before taking the tablet from him.

"no, but it's messing with my surgeries. robbins and i were suppose to operate on a butthole-less baby but know i have to learn it from doctor lebacles because he specializes in it" he said, ending the sentence off in the sarcastic tone.

"birth defect resulting in an inperferated anus, and it's something you need to know. i'm not afraid of a little cough or a sneeze in fact, i bet i'm pretty much immune to it"

"really?"

"yep. i've had all of the childhood illnesses" alex squinted at her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"chicken-pox"

".....except chicken pox. how the hell did you know?" she muttered, grabbing the tablet from the counter and starting to walk away.

"i can just tell. but you've never had chicken-pox? were you even a child?" alex laughed, holding the door of the ER open as they walked through.

"hey whatever, just because the rest of you were too weak to avoid it has nothing to do with me, mkay?"

"remember that when you have the shingles" he joked, earning a soft slap to his shoulder with the back of the tablet from kelsey before they parted ways, kelsey shaking her head and laughing as she made her way towards the next elevator to go to the trauma floor. she smiled at the fellow doctors and family members of loved ones she passed before she turned a corner.

"hey, braden morris is here?" miranda asked as she came from the opposite way.

"who's braden morris?"

"he was my patient a few years ago. what's going on?" she asked april as they stopped in front of his room.

"his meds stopped working. he's got acute frontal sinusitis. it's spreading fast" april explained, earning an exhale from miranda.

"well, it's a potts puffy tumor" jackson explained as he slipped out of the room, unhooking the string of the mask from his right ear. "he should get to surgery right away, get it drained" kelsey's face immediately scrunched in disgust as she took in the tired, grey look of jackson's face. "make sure it doesn't spread and—"

"you, look horrible" kelsey blurted out, placing the back of her hand against his forehead.

"yeah, correct. you look horrible, what's going on with you?" miranda retorted from behind her as he quickly grabbed kelsey's hand and pulled it down from his forehead, intertwining their fingers.

"oh, nothing. it's—my stomach's a little screwy. i'm fine" kelsey raised her eyebrows at his slightly widened eyes as he leaned against the counter, watching as he stumbled forward a little.

"gonna, um, go book an OR, though"

"no, you're not. the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him" april expressed with furrowed eyebrows as he continued to take deep breaths.

"because you look horrible. yeah, we can drain a potts puffy tumor, go home" miranda instructed with a wave of her hand before her and april went to grab yellow gowns.

"yeah, you should go home, you need to—"

"i'm fine. okay? i can take care of myself" he interrupted as he laid his arm and head on the bare desktop.

"mm-hmm" kelsey hummed with an eye roll and her hand on her hip, watching as he took another series of deep breaths.

"maybe i will" he weakly mumbled a few seconds later, letting his shoulders drop as he let out a breath.

"yeah, you should go home. put on some good, fluffy socks—oh there's still soup left in the pantry, and you should just go and lay in bed or sit in the shower, and drink a lot of fluids, i think there's a fresh cartoon of orange juice in the frid—" she soothed as she ran her fingers through his hair that had been growing over the past two weeks since he's been stuck in the house.

"kelsey! i know how to be sick" he mumbled with hooded eyes as she raised himself from the desk, putting a frown on kelsey's face. "i'm not even sick" he muttered before walking away, leaving kelsey to close her eyes and shake her head.

"husbands do that. they'll refuse your help when you're giving it and ask for it when you're busy. don't take it personally, he'll come around" miranda said as she walked up next to her, adjusting the gown over her body.

"please. you're telling me i have to deal with infectious little kids all day then go home and take care of an infectious grown ass man?" she grumbled as she placed the tablet under her arm, moving her hand under the hand sanitizer dispenser and rubbing it around her hands with a sigh. "i love this day" she sarcastically stated with a smile before leading the way into braden's room.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲? 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐝'𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞" april asked as they were operating in the OR later that day.

"if the man doesn't want help...." kelsey said as she stared down at the monitor screen in her hand.

"he's not a goat!"

"no he is not. why is he not?" kelsey asked with a slight chuckle.

"he doesn't need to separate for the flock and crawl to the back of the barn to tough it out by himself, i wanna help"

"that's relationships for ya. welcome to your next thirty years"

"what do you mean?"

"you're going to want to help him, he's going to want to help himself and neither of you are going to change. get used to this argument, me and jackson just got done with it" she explained as she zoomed in on the picture displayed across the screen.

".....so i might as well just let him suffer?"

"if that's what he wants. shoot, go get a pedicure and count your blessings. look, there's two kinds of man sick, the matthew kind and the jackson avery kind" she started as she noticed april's frown behind her mask. "now when i get home tonight, dr. jackson avery will call out "kelsey" from his fetal position in bed and beg me for saltines and a wet washcloth for his head even though he clearly just told me he doesn't want my help" kelsey voiced, bringing multiple chuckles out of april. "matthew's crawl-away-like-a-goat kind so he doesn't infect you is the good one. mines will act all tough in public but cough all over me and ask for something every 10 minutes like a child when i get home"

"oh, god, look"

"it's cerebral spinal fluid. oh, the abscess has penetrated into his brain since the CT" kelsey sighed.

"we're gonna have to call doctor shepard"

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐡𝐞𝐲, 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭....𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞? 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞?" kelsey spoke into her phone as she leaned against the back wall of the elevator with a sigh. it really baffled her how this morning started off so great with amazing morning sex with her husband to her now worried that he had fallen asleep while driving and was somewhere lying dead in a ditch.

"god, i knew i should've just taken him home" she mumbled to herself as she ended the voicemail, walking off of the elevator and making her way to the isolation room at the end of the hall.

"how long will he have to be like this?" braden's father nervously asked, taking his wife's hand between his.

"well, at least until the immediate infection is over. after that it's hard to say" miranda calmly informed.

"how is he gonna heal if he's stressed out, if he can't even be comfortable?" his mom anxiously asked, looking back at her son lying in the room in front of them.

"we'll have to trust that the multitude of antibiotics will do their jobs"

"if his immunity doesn't come back up, it's very possible that he'll need to be in some sort of isolation for the rest of his life" kelsey softly explained, holding her hands behind her back as she slowly swayed side to side.

"the rest of his life?" kelsey watched as braden turned his head to face them, grabbing the attention of his parents.

"baby!"

"mom! dad!"

"hey. we love you, champ!"

"we're right here for you, buddy. don't be scared"

"we're not going anywhere, we're right here" kelsey took in the scene in front of her, watching as braden extended his arm out for his parents

"we're never gonna leave you. okay?"

"we love you" kelsey took a discrete deep breath as her lip quivered, letting her eyes close to prevent her tears from falling.

'this is the hard part' arizona always told her. 'the very hardest. but in peds, we have magic, and we have miracles. we're miracle workers. we make miracles happen'.

welp. not this time.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐡𝐞𝐲. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?" kelsey called out as she stepped into the house, dropping her keys onto the little table.

"i brought you some hot soup" she announced as she walked into the living room, frowning when she didn't see him. quickly sitting the white paper bag on the island's counter, she rushed upstairs to their room.

"j?" she called out as she slowly opened the door, her face immediately scrunching at the overflowing trash can on the sitting next to the bed.

"jesus" she whispered to herself, letting out an exhausted sigh as she closed the bedroom door and trudged over to the trash can. just as she bent over to pick it up, the sound of a grunt caught her attention, prompting her to slowly walk over to door and carefully leaning her head forward.

"hello?"

"get out" he immediately grunted, letting out a series of pained grunts shortly after.

"okay, all right, okay" kelsey said, holding her hands up as she started to slowly back away. hearing him vomit again caused her to sigh and inclined her to reach for the door knob, wanting to go in and help him because that's what marriage is about. but another sigh passed her lips as she looked up at the ceiling, shaking her head.

"i'm here if you need anything, okay?" she softly assured, laying her hand against the door. her face subconsciously scrunched as he grunted again, taking that as a sign to give him his privacy.

"okay" she whispered, turning around and picking up the tissue filled trash can by its sides before exiting the room. she wanted to use april's goat logic and just let him tough it out but she just couldn't stand to see him like this and not do anything about it. so, after taking care of the trash can and throughly washing her hands, she did what she knew he needed and would probably ask for within the next hour: grabbed the cartoon of orange juice and a box of saltines before making her way back upstairs to the linen closet to grabbed a washcloth and ran it under cold water before walking back to their room.

"kelseeeeeey" jackson called out as soon as the door opened, bringing a smirk to her face.

"yeah, yeah, i'm coming" she said, placing the trash can back on the floor next to the bed and dropping the washcloth on his forehead.

"ohh, thank you" he groaned, letting out a sniffle before turning onto his back. as soon as kelsey got comfortable he moved next to her and laid his head in her lap, bringing a giggle out of his wife.

"sorry for not texting you" he breathed out, digging in the box of crackers before eating one.

"it's okay, babe. i'm just glad you're okay" she soothed with a smile, slipping her fingertips into his hair and softly massaging his scalp.

"don't get used to it, i'm getting it cut" he mumbled a few seconds later, referring to his hair.

"nooooo"

"yesssss" he mocked, making her move her hand and cross her arms over her chest with a smirk.

"no but keep doing that" he mumbled, reaching up to grab her hand and placing it back on top of his head. she giggled, continuing to massage his scalp while running her other hand along his upper arm. as much as she may have complained to miranda and april earlier in the day, she'd do this for jackson everyday for the rest of her life she had to. no questions asked.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐄|𝐉.𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘🎀

   🎀. 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞? 👀 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞
          𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 (𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐥)

   🎀. 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲     
          𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭
          𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞
(𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐥), + 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞!💕

(   ❝ 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟕𝟎𝟐 ❞   )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 13.2K 57
๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ | grey's anatomy ๐‰๐€๐‚๐Š๐’๐Ž๐ ๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ when they face problems but they were always meant to be ...or are they? ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ฐ๏ฟฝ...
2.1K 85 17
๐˜๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด. ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด 24 ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๏ฟฝ...
1.6M 41.3K 70
๐‡๐”๐‘๐“๐’ ๐’๐Ž ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ | grey's anatomy ๐‰๐€๐‚๐Š๐’๐Ž๐ ๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ when their love hurts so good because it's complicated. ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ - ๏ฟฝ...
12.1K 251 33
๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™€๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™š ๐™Ž๐™ก๐™ค๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ข๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™…๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™จ. ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๏ฟฝ...