GYMNOPÉDIE

By Gifta97

[Completed] An alchemist who poisoned himself, an assassin who stabbed his own heart, an arsonist who burned... More

GYMNOPÉDIE
PART I - Dear Persephone
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
End of Part I - Dear Hades

Chapter 20

4.7K 255 108
By Gifta97

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

20 - Prefects Match

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

September 1st, 1977 was one less-packed up day in King's Cross station. Evan Rosier's cologne sparked into mist lingering on her nose, Gemma didn't bask the pheromones-like scent. Their eyes darted away, while the two were pushing their trolleys. That day neither Fidelya nor Alpha could take the girl for the first day of school. There was an attack in a muggle summer festival and rumored to be orchestrated by the Dark Lord. With that, she suggested she would go with the Rosier's heir. The Slytherin boy flicked his wrist to check the time, smirking.

      "Girly." Rosier called, eyes onto his wristwatch, the Irish threw a side-eye at him, quirking her brows in confusion. His left hand returned to grip the trolley's handle, honey eyes darted behind them. "Do they always follow you around like this?"

     Gammaliel gave a faint nod, motioned her eyes to platform nine and ten, "It was worse, Evan." said the witch under her breath, huffing. Explaining the two footsteps of auror in training behind them, "Since last year, it's like this or not going at all. If Alpha's here they sure take their distance even further."

    "Why would they do this massive exaggeration anyway?" Rosier scoffed, peering down to his bat, "He's not coming for you nor your family, isn't he?"

The Irish girl slightly turned her head, and her jaw stiffened at his statement. "No idea." replied Gemma briskly, her eyes darted away from the Slytherin boy, "Has he or his followers paid a visit for yours?"

Rosier quirked an eyebrow, "Not that I know. I told you girly, I'm so lost in southern France. Have no idea what's happening in this cold and tedious England." began the boy mildly, eyes to the side to make sure the Aurors were far enough, "However, my uncles began to take a certain interest of him. You see, sympathetic to be precise."

     The Irish winced, knowing how Prometheus Rosier would think. The Rosier like any other thought highly of their status. They came from a long line of Slytherins family, but the Irish knew better about the charming french by her side since childhood. He was the cheerful, narky kid next door.

     His parents had died from dragon pox before the boy could even speak. Rosier had never talked about them but he was sure they were lovely. That made the french boy resided in his uncle's estate. Though they were seen holding a flask of whiskey at 9 am. She knew for sure they treated Evan like a son.

     "Your uncles, right?" mused the Irish witch with a soft sigh, "As long as it's their interest and not yours, Evan. And I'm hoping their interest wouldn't affect yours — in a way, you do what your heart wished to do. Without a coercive push."

The french boy form a smirk, "Aww you grew fond of me now are you, girly? If I suggest understanding will your dear brother accept it?" clicking his tongue as she chuckled over the obvious joke, "I think that's your spot, sweetheart. You cared about people you know. — perhaps," Evan paused mid-sentence, then motioned his head to meet her glassy eyes, "Tell me, what do you think of my dearest Regulus?"

     Nothing.

Rosier had known the Irish witch to be cheery and one bad liar with such demeanor he let out a smirk. Gammaliel gripped her trolley tight, darting eyes to the wall searching for board number nine and ten, trying to distract herself. He noticed her first-day excitement had vanished out of her face as soon as the name Regulus was mentioned.

     Gammaliel shook her head, "Evan, we're crossing so mind you, tuck that thought out." she said icily, so-out-of-behavior, "I'll go first."

    "Or you just want to avoid the infamous twenty questions with Rosier, in regard of Black — you'd rather call him that do you?" Rosier sniggered, his eyes studied the witch's face. Noticing her furrowed brows he chanted. "Aha!" his lips pulled into a side grin. "Does he—"

"Evs, whatever you are thinking it's not it." warned Gemma promptly while Evan gestured to zip his lips shut. Shaking her head, she took a better grip of her trolley staring at the wall between nine and ten. She took a deep breath and pushed the trolley, running faster and faster with a smile towards the wall, and she disappeared beyond the wall.

      The steams and sounds of train whistle echoed on the platform, discerning a sensation of warmth in her chest. A smile bloomed on her face as Gemma continued pushing the trolley further, her owl, Verity, was flapping her wings excitedly. Rosier's bat entered the platform first followed by his figure. Then that left the two Aurors with vermillion hair, they sighed in relief that their mission escorting the Merlin's heiress was finished.

"Thank you so much. I can manage it from here." Gammaliel muttered politely to the two red-haired men, they replied with a gesture. While the heiress twisted to take her trolley to hoist her trunk.

Gemma tore her gaze and caught an interesting view, James Potter was given a peck on his cheek by his mother. Next to him was Sirius Black snickering. Come to think of it, she didn't hear from Sirius this summer. When usually the boy sent a letter or two about how boring his holiday was.

Rosier's trolley paralleling hers and she squinted her eyes before the Slytherin muttered, "You know," he drew his breath, "I don't get it, how repellent you are for boys' affection."

"I don't know what you're talking about." quipped the girl coldly, stopped her trolley as Evan did. Then began to hoist her trunks. Rosier being the claimed gentlemen, helped her to get her trunks on board.

"Don't be daft, Gemma." Evan continued, tilting his head to meet her eyes, "You did not reply to his letter. Did you?"

Gammaliel stopped, shot her marine eyes to the boy. Her chest rose as she narrowed her eyes as if he had said something offensive to her, "How did you even know that?"

"See, repellent." Rosier poked the Irish's nose playfully then shook his head. Turning to move his bat's cage instead. "We are wizard, Gammaliel. Owls fly faster than comet 240s."

Of course, Gemma thought. Twisting her body to face away, she bit her lips apprehensively. Thinking why on earth he told Evan of sending letters to her. She exhaled deeply, recalled her memories of a letter arrived at her window at three am, while the stars were still out, a letter signed with R.A.B.

She shook her head briskly, once her belonging was in the right place. She was planning to bid Evan goodbye and went on with her prefect's duty. Which she had been guiltily dreamt about. But before all that, one trunk was hoisted next to hers, with initial R.A.B. The scent of mahogany lingered on her nose as she turned to catch a glimpse of raven boy.

His pale skin was greyish sickly kind of type, still glowing under the sun. Complemented perfectly by his emerald accented robe he wore that day. Smoky eyes darted to her and his stare was sharp. "Is that how they do in Merlin's manor?" was the first thing he asked. And irritation irked his tone, "Letters unreplied. Perhaps, your highness is too busy."

"I beg your pardon." Gemma replied icily, scoffing at his demeanor. How could Black act as if he was innocent, the audacity, "I don't think we should talk, or even send a letter — as you said we only met."

"Oh here we go." muttered Evan, eyes onto Torax, his albino bat, trying to ignore the thick tension by his side. "Just you and me, Tory."

Regulus stirred to the side, with a furrowed brow he gazed at the shorter witch and spoke. "Strangers don't send a letter at predawn."

A scoff was heard from the girl, she shook her head fervently. "Right," she forced a chuckle before she added. "That makes you a stalker."

Evan's mouth gaped at Gemma's answer and he seemed as if he could let out a round of laughter. But Regulus sent him a cold glare that he shut his mouth briskly. The girl rushed to take her backpack to-go along with some galleons but he caught the sight of her azure prefect badge inside her bag. He arched his brows, "Are you the Ravenclaw Prefect?"

"Strangers don't ask." spat the Irish witch bitterly, she sent him a glare. "Even better strangers don't say anything at all and fuck off."

Rosier was grinning at his bestfriend attitude, he was fighting back a grin. The Black's heir gaped at her repulsive demeanor, he shook his head and asked. "What are you, Gammaliel? Four?"

The Merlin's heiress told no tale, lips sealed tight she was completely treating him like a stranger. And he was perplexed, of how her demeanor twisted the sourness inside his chest. How childish the Irish was, he scoffed. Fine, if she wanted to play that way, two could do that.

***

Gemma sat on the Prefect compartment she shared with two Gryffindors. One, a girl with her vermillion hair, that James Potter so fancy, Lily Evans. Two, the sanest person in the Marauders group: Remus.

     The head girl, Annora Parkin, from Ravenclaw just came in with their schedule. And Gammaliel blinked at it for the longest minutes, analyzing her name with the least expected name.

    "You have to be kidding me." the Irish cursed, held herself from cursing in gaelic. Next to her name was Regulus Black's name. "Tch. Lily, can I switch my schedule with yours?"

     Evans blinked her green eyes and shook her head, "No," she began timidly, "It's Sirius' brother isn't it he wouldn't want to do it with me — you know. If it was someone else I will."

    Gammaliel drew a deep breath, leaning her back against the chair. Of course, Regulus wouldn't want to do that with his attitude, he was still a Black with such narrow minded of blood purity. Zygo wasn't sure what had happened to him, but their encounter in Flourish and Blots was final. If only there was a way to make him bearable after his comment about her favorite book. She was still livid about it.

     Remus gave a bitter smile, the two had make-up for their misunderstanding. Where Sirius pushed the boy to listen to what the girl wanted to say first. Once Remus heard that she would tell no soul about him and that he wasn't harming her he felt a great relief. Although, the relief wasn't only on his side. Gemma asked if he remembered about that night, but he didn't.

"Remus," Gemma called making the boy shot his head to her, "Have my eyes deceived me, or did I see Sirius came with James this morning?"

The boy curled his lips and there was a pause, Lily who wasn't usually interested in any matter involving Potter directed her green eyes to the Prefect. Remus arched his brows, "You didn't know?"

"No, Sirius didn't send me a single letter this summer which is odd." Gemma shook her head briskly, her shoulder squared curious for more, "Know what? Did I miss something?"

"Sirius ran away from home this summer." stated Remus and he didn't blink while announcing the news from the corner of his eyes he saw a frown glossed her face. Remus cleared his throat when a moment of silence fell between them.

Gemma peered down, "He ran away?"

"Yes, to James' house. He had been living there all summer." explained the boy further, shrugging. His eyes peered down to the quibbler quiz on his lap, "I thought he told you that."

Bitterness tinged Gemma's palate as she curled her lips, it finally clicked to her. Her lips parted unable to utter a word back at the news. The Irish witch remembered what Padfoot said, about if there was a gap to escape his hell-hole then he would take it. But she never knew that it would be this instant. Regulus major attitude change suddenly became reasonable.

Gemma tore her gaze and leaned her back against the chair while Lily started a new conversation with Remus. The Irish pondered, now, she cursed herself for being a total brat. True, Regulus might be rude to her in Flourish and Blotts, but she never knew that his domino had fallen — Gammaliel wanted nothing but to slap her face while she failed to notice, how the boy looked way colder last time she met him.

She was taken back to his waves, rolling and pulled her deeper to him. What if this was the reason he was drowning, Sirius had left him. Gemma bit her lips in disregard. Fuck, Sirius what have you done?

     The door slid opened and revealed Levy Goodwin the Ravenclaw prefect in her year, as he did his shift.
"Black's waiting." said Levy as he stepped inside the compartment and sat next to Remus. "You better hurry though, Zygo." added Levy.

With one last glance, Gemma let out a sigh before she rose from her seat and motioned to leave the compartment. She closed the door behind her, feeling the vibration of the moving train beneath her shoes.

"Took you long enough." came Regulus's voice out of the blue, he was leaning against the door, he did not say another word as he turned away.

Guilt consumed her being as she stepped closer to him, he slid the carriage door. She didn't get to see his face but she knew he was with his stoic, cold facade as usual, "Hey." she blurted, he paused and looked over his shoulder. "Reggie."

"You know what shape-shift faster than boggart? You." began Black, watching her marine pools as he drowned in it. "I thought we were stranger."

Gemma's lips parted when he smirked devilishly, and her brows furrowed, "You was such an ass back in Diagon Alley, you have to own it, Reg." she pointed, while Regulus stepped forward hiding his smile.

"Then it's clear you didn't read my letter."

"Well, tell me what type of sane people sent a letter at three a.m mind you?" Gemma protested, and the tension melted back to their friendly-feud.

"Maybe he's not sane then, same as the person who made me go through pages just to get a maddening plot twist." quipped the Slytherin Prefect, "I can't believe you made me do that."

A bright smile formed on her lips feeling her heart leaped with joy. Regulus heard the summer timbre in her presence. That was when he knew, the book was worth to read. "You, you really read it?" she queried, marine sea widened out of excitement, he hummed, "How was it?"

"Mind-blowing. Baker Street wasn't it? "

Gemma smiled, "221B Baker Street."

With that the two Prefect went on with their patrol exchanging petty comment back and forth. She gazed at him gently, thinking, maybe she didn't mind if she was drowning with him. After all, Merlin and Arthur's path would always collide in catastrophic fate.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 789 33
When Jessica Euphemia Potter was sorted into Slytherin, she met a boy named Regulus. They were best friends for almost six years but something separa...
99.7K 3K 40
Fireworks, Parchment, and..Cinnamon. That's all Ava White smelt in her Amortentia in Slughorn's potions class. 'Who smells like Cinnamon?' She though...
1.1K 44 56
It all started to make sense to Sirius, bit by bit. He wanted desperately to be himself, to belong somewhere and be excepted as himself, "But how do...
24.2K 586 13
Y/n Lupin, Remus' little sister was sorted in Ravenclaw. Of course, this did not prevent the friendship between her and the so-called Marauders. At...