Wanderlust - Dreamnotfound

By melIifluous_

George is absolutely over the moon when he gets a chance to meet all of his online best friends. Especially b... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Epilogue
Final Note

Chapter Ten

6.3K 195 580
By melIifluous_

 dream was extremely tired.

He slumped onto his hotel bed with a sigh, letting his back hit the mattress. "I want to sleep.." 

George, who was across the room, giggled. "I mean, you can, but then you won't eat dinner." He replied, unzipping his suitcase and kicking it into a corner. 

Dream groaned. "Touché." He mumbled, flopping over onto his stomach and then promptly falling off the bed. 

George rolled his eyes, grabbing a few things from his suitcase and putting them away. "C'mon, Dream, we're meeting the others downstairs in like five minutes." 

The blonde cautiously stood up. "George?" 

The other hummed softly, standing up to face him. "What's wrong?" 

Dream let out a soft exhale, wrapping George in a warm hug. The shorter gently helped him sit down. "Clay, are you okay?" He asks quietly, gently running his fingertips over Dream's jaw and pressing a soft, chaste kiss to the other's forehead. 

Dream felt warmth spread from his heart to his fingertips, at the soft tone of George's voice, or the way he brushed his fingers over Dream's jaw, or the feeling of George's soft, gentle lips on his skin. He smiled slightly, leaning into the shorter.

"Can we stay here a little longer?" Dream's voice was small and hopeful. 

George ran his fingers through the other's hair, leaning back to lay down and letting Dream rest his head on the brunet's chest. "Of course." 

"Okay." 

I love you.

|~Dream~|

I wake the next morning hungry. 

But I don't mind. 

George is already up, gently carding his fingers through my hair absentmindedly whilst staring at the hotel's television. He's already dressed, yet still came back to sit with me. I hum softly, sitting up a bit to lean against the pillows how he is. George exhales softly through his mouth, leaning into me. 

"When are we-" I cover my mouth to yawn. "-going to the city?" 

George giggles lightly. "As soon as you wake up." He replies. 

I smile, wanting to stay here forever. "Maybe I'm not awake, then." 

George snuggles closer. "Fine by me." He murmurs. 

I really want to kiss him, but it's obvious that wouldn't be a good idea quite yet. So, carefully, I slide out of the bed to get ready for the day.

As soon as I return, though, I slump into his arms, pressing a deep kiss to his lips. 

George quickly sits up properly, his hands moving to my neck and side. He scoots forward a little into my lap at my gentle tug. I feel happiness bubble in my chest, at the fact that the boy I've loved for so long is so close to me. 

Carefully, I let my back lean securely on the wall behind us, letting the world dissolve around me until all I can feel is George, his soft touch, and his lips on mine.

The butterflies in my stomach multiply suddenly as George gently tilts his head into the kiss. I run my fingers through his hair carefully, before letting my hand fall to his hip with a soft hum.

He slowly, reluctantly, pulls away as both our lungs begin to burn. 

For a moment, George and I gaze at one another. Then, he places a soft kiss to my forehead before rolling off of me and flopping back onto the mattress with a soft 'oof.' I giggle quietly, still caught in the utter euphoria of kissing him. 

The room falls silent once more, both of us simply enjoying the other's company. 

But, a loud knock on the heavy room door makes us each jump. 

"Oh, oops." I mumble, sitting up properly and running my fingers through my slightly messy hair. 

George scrambles to get off the bed, yelling a 'One moment!' and reaching the door to pull it open. Sapnap stands in the doorway, shifting from his heels to his toes. 

"Sorry to be so abrupt- Uh, are you guys going to come and eat breakfast with us?" He asks awkwardly. 

My eyes light up. "Yes, please!" I exclaim, nearly falling off the bed in my haste to get to the door. 

Sapnap nods, and George lets us leave first before carefully shutting the room door behind us.

The hotel we'd chosen was pretty average, there were no extremely interesting features in it. A normal indoor pool, free breakfast, and offered lunch and dinner. It had cream walls with lamps hanging on them between rooms, yellow light emitting from them. The wall-to-wall rug was red and white, patterned in a complex way with other colours woven in. Each room was positioned about the same distance apart, with large, thick wooden doors that were heavy to open and close. 

I lingered at a halt for a moment to let George catch up, discreetly wrapping my finger around his. I catch the soft blush that forms on his face as he scoots closer to me. 

The dining area is simple and modern, with smooth dark wooden chairs matching the tables and going nicely with the rug. On one side of the room, the different options to eat, and on the other, the check in area. 

George leans into me slightly for a heartbeat before pulling away and walking over to a table I hadn't noticed before, where the rest of our friends are seated. 

Breakfast is lively and exciting. 

Even if we got a bunch of weird looks from passerby after screaming 'Pogchamp!' 

And if George and I kept stealing glances at one another from across the table, that was okay. 

|~| 

"So, where are we headed again?" 

Skeppy's voice is tired but excited. 

Tommy leans back in his chair. "Wherever we want!" He says cheerfully, waving his hands around for added effect. 

I roll my eyes, laughing softly. 

We're in Bad's hotel room, which is not surprisingly the cleanest. I've rested my head in George's lap, absentmindedly fidgeting with his fingers as we discuss where to go. 

George softly pokes my ribs teasingly. "I think Tommy's right. Why don't we go out a little after noon and just walk? It's a nice day, and we if we stay out past sunset it's supposed to be cool." 

I flinch away from his poke, swatting at his hand and drawing it back towards me to play with his fingers again. After a bit, though, I get bored and just hold his hand gently. 

Tommy stretches, grinning widely. "Ha! Look at this, I'm right! And Gogy thinks so too." 

George just smiles slightly, gazing at me. I smile back softly, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles. 

"You guys look like a couple." Wilbur laughs, breaking our trance. 

George shrugs. I grin slyly. "Just homies being homies." I joke, pretending to press a kiss to George's hand. 

This sends a ripple of laughter throughout our friends, although Bad and Sapnap find it a bit funnier than the others.

Bad then claps his hands lightly, smiling cheerfully. "What George and Tommy said sounds good. What do you guys want to do for lunch, then?" 

Sapnap shrugs. "I found a restaurant that looks okay, or we can just eat here." 

"Lemme see." I say, holding out the hand that isn't clasped to George's. Sapnap tosses me his phone. I catch it easily, glancing at the screen.

It's opened in his web browser, focused on a restaurant. It looks laid back and casual, though newer and cleaner than I'd expected. It actually has good reviews, which surprises me, and I nod lightly. 

"Looks okay to me." I say coolly. Sapnap smiles.

"Alrighty, I gotta go check on something, so let's meet back here at like... fifteen minutes to noon?"

We all collectively nod or hum, and gradually filter out- Save for Bad and Skeppy, as it's their hotel room. 

As soon as we're out the door, I slip my hand into George's. He smiles softly, his gaze fixing itself on the ground. I roll my eyes and giggle.

"You're so dumb, George."

"You're one to talk." 

This sends us into a whirlwind of playful bickering. I let George win, of course.

Our room is a little ways down from Bad's, so we arrive fairly quickly. 

"Here you go, m'lady." I tease, opening the door with a wide flourish and mockingly pretending to kiss the back of George's hand.

He rolls his eyes, but I notice his soft smile. "You're so stupid, Dream." 

As I close the door behind us, I place a hand over my heart. "Ooh, that hurt. How could such a maiden act like that?" I gasp dramatically. 

George just laughs lightly, beginning to fold the rest of his clothing neatly. 

"You're like- Surpringly organized." I comment, watching him from my seat on the bed.

George scoffs. "I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not." He replies dryly, zipping up his suitcase.

I laugh softly, tugging him into me to press a light, quick kiss to his lips. He giggles quietly as I pull away.

"You're so annoying." 

"I know." 

{~} 

New York City is very overwhelming.

In a good way, though.

People are everywhere, talking and laughing and strolling along without a care in the world, or moving quickly, purpose in each step. Huge buildings tower over us, their hundreds of windows glinting in the sunlight. Some are flat, and boring, others with beautiful artwork sculpted into them. There are cars and trucks constantly making noise, swirling with the sounds and sights of the city like an orchestra of sound.

Bright city lights, filled with colour that breaks up the grey. 

George at my side, our fingers interlocked discreetly.

Surrounded by my best friends.

These things make it nearly impossible to wipe the smile off my face. 

The next three hours are filled with laughter and joking, smiles and giggles, and just blissful moments. 

Soon enough, though, when five o'clock rolls around, the others are beginning to tire. 

"I just want the sun to set.." Complained Tommy. "It's so much cooler then, than it is now!" 

I smiled lightly. We were sitting in a park on a few benches, vaguely reminding me of George's park back in London. I chuckled softly at the memory, instinctively squeezing George's hand, which I had been holding behind the bench. I felt warm joy bubble up in my chest as George softly squeezes back. 

Suddenly, Sapnap taps my shoulder lightly, and I notice he does the same for George. 

"Get out of here. I don't care where you go, just go spend some time together without us idiots, okay? Bad and I will keep the others off your backs." He whispers. 

George smiles softly. "Sapnap- Are you sure?" 

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "Get the fuck away from us, please! You guys have been acting all lovey dovey and it's gross. I love you guys, so much, but just- Spend some time together." 

I laugh. "Okay, okay, we'll go. Thanks, Sap. Love you too." 

George grins. "I don't love you, but thank you." He jokes.

Sapnap just scoffs, smiling a bit. "We both know that's not true, Georgie. Now, leave before I kick your asses out."  

George winces and quickly scrambles to stand up. I follow suit, and we cautiously walk away, watching in amused confusion as Sapnap sets up some kind of distraction. 

As soon as we're out of sight, I slip my hand into George's with a small smile. He blushes and looks away, intertwining our fingers.

We walk for a while through the park, me obnoxiously swinging our arms, ignoring George's protests. 

We let the time pass, now without worrying about our friends seeing us together like this.

The sun drifts closer and closer to the horizon, sending warm orange rays across the darkeneing sky that swirls with the bright neon lights of the city.

George and I had long left the park, now running among buildings and going on adventures through different areas, laughing and smiling and sneaking glances and soft kisses when we thought the other wasn't paying attention.

I wasn't particularly sure where we were, no, but I didn't much care. 

All I cared about was walking around, hand in hand with the brunet I loved, laughing and teasing one another.

Suddenly, George froze in place with a soft gasp, eyes round and shining with awe. "Oh, Dream, look!" He exhaled. 

I had been, admittedly, staring more at George than at the city, so I had to turn a little to see what he was looking at.

"Woah."

High buildings made a small circle of shops and things all around, their lights on. Higher up on the buildings were bright neon advertisements that send beautiful, colourful glows across the pavement, and beyond that, across the ocean, where the sun gently sank into the horizon.

I glance back over to George. There's an almost sad look in his eyes as he gazes at the colour. I smile mischievously. 

"Hey, George?" 

"Yes?" He turns to me with a small smile.

I take out a small box that I'd been holding for the past few hours, waiting for the perfect moment.

"Do you know what this is?"

George freezes in place. "Dre- Clay, what are you doing?" He asks slowly, rocking back and forth from his heels to his toes.

My smile grows a little. "George, answer my question." 

George rolls his eyes. "They're colourblind glasses- No, my colourblind glasses, from London- Dream, what the hell?" He shakes his head softly, beginning to smile. 

 I bounce on my toes a little, taking the glasses carefully out of the box. George takes them and plays around with them a bit. 

"I grabbed them before we left because I knew you wouldn't be able to see all the colours. So... I brought them with me." My voice is smaller than I'd prefer, but too late now I guess.

George smiles softly. "I don't want to look at the lights, Dream- I want to look at you." He says quietly. "You're prettier." 

I open my mouth to speak, then shut it again, blushing madly. George giggles, rolling his eyes.

"You're such a liar." I finally manage to say, my tone teasing but quiet. "Just.. Put them on." 

George silently places the glasses over his closed eyes. As soon as he lets go of them, I hold onto both his hands. 

"Now open your eyes.." 

I watch as his soft brown eyes flutter open. Even with the glasses in front of them, they're beautiful. 

I smile softly as he gazes in awe at me, running my thumbs up and down his knuckles nervously. 

"What do you think?" I ask carefully. 

George shakes his head softly. "I- Oh my god." He breathes, smiling. I watch as his gaze leaves mine for a moment, to look around, before returning to me. "You're so pretty, Clay." He whispers. 

I smile, unable to hide it any longer. "You're so pretty too." I mumble.

George giggles softly. "We are such simps for eachother." 

I laugh. "I wouldn't have it any other way." 

George rolls his eyes. "You are so sappy oh my god-" He sighed as if in exasperation, tugging lightly on my shirt to pull me into a kiss. Quickly, I take the glasses off his face to deepen the kiss a little. 

It doesn't last long, of course, since we're in public, but it means a lot. I exhale softly as he pulls away, struggling to gain the confidence to speak. 

"George- Do- I- I sound so dumb." I giggle a little. "But, uh, can we be boyfriends? Please?" 

George smiles, and I know it's genuine from the way it reaches his eyes, lighting them up with happiness. "Yes, please. I'd like that." 

I laugh softly. "Oh, thank god- I don't know what I'd do if you said no." He snickers softly as I pull him into a hug. 

"I don't either, honestly." Giggles George, holding me tightly. "And, Dream- Or, Clay?" 

I hum softly. "Yeah?" 

"I love you." 

The amount of happiness I felt then could not be explained by words. I don't really know. Maybe it was an explosion of bright colour that only I could see, or maybe a warm tingly, fuzzy feeling. Or maybe just pure and utter joy. But I did know one thing.

Finally, the boy I'd fell in love with, my best friend, my everything, was mine.

"I love you too." 

Word count: 2747

kind of a longer chapter for you guys 

Epilogue is next :] 

um 

I'm kind of in shock that i finished this ahah 

whew 

Have a wonderful day <3 

-Melli-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 15K 26
Dream lives thousands of miles away from his best friend George. Weekly streams and making videos with him are the only ways dream gets to see his ch...
5.9M 126K 62
George doesn't have feelings for Dream. They're literally just friends... right? Warning: Includes... ahem, smut. P.S. This is meant to be a book for...
62K 2.6K 11
✓COMPLETE✓ George, Sapnap, and Dream share a house. Who are these people you may ask? (Probably not becuase you're reading a fanfiction) These three...
149K 5.5K 28
My first finished book. Inspired by the song Home For The Summer by Sara Kays. This book contains strong language and has a few smut chapters, you ca...