Love and Loyalty

Od JupiterStyx

Book two of Predator and Prey (If you haven't read that one I suggest you read it first) Word count- 32,385 ⚠... Více

Prologue
Ch. 1- A Sad Hotel
Ch. 2- New Customer?
Ch. 3- Let's Make a Deal
Ch. 4- Awakening
Ch. 5- Dynasty
Ch. 6- Reunion
Ch. 7- Angel!
Ch. 8- She's in Hell?
Ch. 9- Dreams
Ch. 10- War of Hearts
Ch. 11- Customers
Ch. 12- Party
Ch. 13- Little Do You Know
Ch. 14- Jealousy
Ch. 15- Glance into the Past
Ch. 16- A Wolf's Rage
Ch. 17- You Don't Belong Here!
Ch. 18- Heavenly Deal
Ch. 19- Family Reunion
Ch. 20- Wings
Ch. 22- Home
Ch. 23- What's to Come
Ch. 24- Together Forever
Ch. 25- Calm Before the Storm
Ch. 26- War
Ch. 27- The Devil Inside
Ch. 28- Sisters
Ch. 29- I Love You
Ch. 30- Redemption

Ch. 21- Runaway

4.6K 161 186
Od JupiterStyx

I walk down the dark path my wings tucked into my back, my tail swaying slightly.

I can't help but think I should go back. I thought as I stayed up here longer I'd eventually forget about Hell, but it seems the longer I'm up here the more I itch to run back.

I miss Charlie's cheery personality. I miss drinking late with Husk. I miss having fun and doing crazy shit with Angel.

I miss Al. I miss everything about him.

What would everyone think if I ran off? Went back to Hell? What would I say to my friends when I show up on the hotel doorstep? How would I explain where I was, what I was doing?

The constant pull to return to hell like I small beat in my veins that I can't ignore. An itch demanding to be scratched but I can't reach it.

"Are you all right, (y/n)?"

I spin around to see Gabriel standing there. "Oh Gabby! Yeah, um, I'm fine." I put on a fake smile.

"(Y/n). I can tell you're not fine. You're thinking about hell again." Gabriel steps closer to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "I know you miss it there, but this is what you wanted right? To be with your family."

"I just wish I could see them all. Just one last time."

"I know it must be hard for you to move on, but trust me if you cling to those demons it'll only lead to heart break." Gabriel says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I want to show you something." Gabriel takes my hand and leads me towards God's castle.

-time skip-

"Why are we here?" I ask as we venture around the empty halls.

"Because there's something you need to see. Something that will help you understand."

"Understand what?" But Gabriel doesn't respond, he just continues to lead me through the halls.

We stop in front of a dark door, only decorated with a golden plaque that says, Gabriel.

Gabriel opens the door and steps into the lavishly decorated room. "Welcome to my office." He says with a smile.

I step in and look around, "why am I here?" I ask him.

"Because I want to show you something."

"You've said that three times now! What the hell are you going to show me." I ask annoyedly.

Gabriel points to a large mirror on the wall, "that."

"A mirror? Really? That's it?" I cross my arms.

"That my friend is definitely not it." He waves his hand across the mirror and the reflection becomes smoky before clearing to a picture of the hotel.

My jaw drops. "What?"

"It's a window to hell, darling. You can see anything or anyone in hell."

I touch the mirror as it zooms into the hotel to show everyone working.

I smile, until I look closer and notice that they all look happy. Even Angel is happily flirting with Husk.

"They've all moved on." Gabriel says softly, "I think it's time you do too."

"No," I say barely above a whisper, "they're my family."

"Look at them down there (y/n)."

Gabriel points through the window to Hell. I watch as they go about their duties at the hotel, looking perfectly content without me there. The scene breaks my heart.

"Do you really want to go back to that?" He runs a hand through my hair.

"They're my family." I say again a bit louder.

"But do they really love you? You destroyed everything before, you could do it again. You know it, they know it." he gestures towards the window. "They fear you."

"But they'll listen, they'll forgive me." I try to convince myself but it's not working.

"Sooner or later you are going to disappoint them all over again." The scene changes to me destroying everything while my friends hide for their life. The image wavers again to the disappointed look Charlie gave me after I went on my rampage.

A tear collects in my eye and slips silently down my cheek.

Gabriel turns my head towards him with gentle fingers. With his thumb he wipes the tear away.

"But you could never disappoint me. Stay with us."

He grabs my hands in his own, rubbing his thumb in circles on the top of my hand.

Could I really live here? Be an angel? Leave behind my friends?

"Okay." I say, "I'll stay."

-time skip-

I rush around my room throwing the feel belongings I have into a bag. I changed from my dress into the clothes I originally had on. I clip my locket around my neck and close up the bag.

I leave a quick note for Eris and mom, apologizing and explaining why I can't stay here.

I take one last look at the quiet little house before taking off down the road.

I know there's a portal to hell somewhere up here but I don't know exactly where. All I need to do is find it before the angels discover I'm gone.

I concentrate on the tiny bit of magic left in my blood and it pulls me towards the portal like a tiny compass.

A few minutes of sneaking around and I know stand in front of the open portal to hell.

"Home." I smile.

"(Y/n)!"

I jump when I hear Gabriel's voice.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

I turn around to face him, "I'm going home."

"This is your home." Gabriel says.

"No it's not." I say.

Gabriel sighs. "I really wish it didn't have to come to this."

I hear the fluttering of wings and turn to see two angels blocking the exit and three more behind Gabriel.

"Let me go Gabriel." I growl.

He laughs "You think we're just gonna let you go now that you're pretty much powerless up here? You're crazy."

"What?"

"Darling you thought I brought you up here to be reunited with your family?" He laughs some more, "no you're up here because it's easier to kill you."

I glare at him, "you lying no good son of a bitch." I jump at him only to get held back by two angels.

"You gotta understand it's not personal, but when you want something done right you do it yourself."

Before I can ask what the hell he's talk about an angel punches me hard in the ribs. I grunt in pain as I feel one snap and spit up blood.

"You still don't get it do you? Here let me give you a hint." Before my eyes he turns into me.

My jaw drops, "you!? You took away my happiness!" I shout.

He smirks and puts a hand on my chin. "Darling there is no happiness for scum like you."

"I'm gonna kill you." I growl, pure venom lacing my words.

Gabriel smiles and straightens up, "no you're not, because you're going to stay up here and I'm gonna kill you."

I try to lunge at him but the angels' grip on my arms is solid like iron. "You bitch." I spit blood at his feet.

"Watch the shoes, they're new." He looks over my shoulder and smirks. I feel two angels grab my wings. "You know I was surprised to see you get your wings. Sinners like you don't deserve them. Especially ones as beautiful as yours."

I scream in pain as the two angels yank my wings and others cut them off. The angels holding me drop me and I sink to my knees.

Gabriel steps closer and grabs my hair. He yanks it so I'm looking at him. "I knew you were going to try to leave. I was counting on it actually." He pulls me to my feet and drags me closer to the portal. "Now you're going to die right here. So close yet so far."

He pulls out a wicked looking little blade and shoves it into my side. I scream in pain as the metal burns my skin.

"You like that extra sting? I had it specially made for you." Gabriel pushes the blade deeper into my side.

I spit blood in his face, "fuck you." I bring my knee up and hit him in the gut.

He drops his hold on my hair and I kick him in the chest, pushing him back while also causing myself to fall backwards into the gate to hell.

I push myself to my feet, my only thought is to get as far away from there as possible.

-•*•-
Date-1-24-2021
Words-1517

Sorry for the unexpected delay. I just needed a quick break from writing to get my head back in the game. The last thing I would want to do is disappoint you guys with a half-assed ending because I was tried of this book.

I've been watch Supernatural also and honestly that show is emotionally destroying me so there's that.

Again sorry for the wait I hope this longer chapter makes up for it and I'll have the next one out as soon as possible.

Cya~

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

190K 5.4K 30
Upon stumbling across the Hazbin Hotel after losing her home in Hell, Aria had no choice but to stay there. The young lioness demon refused to accept...
80.2K 2.7K 106
Human Alastor x Fem!Reader (It has a whole asylum bit, if you don't like that don't read, okay? Okay cool bye!) "Do you realize that I've murdered...
108K 3K 22
"Radio Demon," I say while glaring harshly to the man across from me. "we have a deal." Just when you thought your life couldn't get any worse. You j...
1K 31 5
A rabbit and a deer; always the prey in the situation, right? In this case, that is so far from the truth. After her inevitable death, Buné ultimatel...