COTE Fanfic(lol)

Per AriSimp_exe

This is just some popcorn fanfiction. What I'm thinking of is a series of short stories meant for me to mess... Més

Explanation
Surprise Visit
A Kouhai's Blunder
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 1
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 2
Recommendations and Ideas
Eyes that Reflect No Light
Girl Talk(?) [A Secret Relationship?]
Girl Talk(?) Pt. 2 [A Pokerfaced Romantic...]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 3 [Human Warmth]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 4 [Two Sides of a Monster]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 5 [Tears]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 6 [These Moments]
So... I Tried Drawing...
"Big Brain" Moment Concerning [A Childhood Friend I Never Met]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 6.5 Interlude [A Decision]
A Childhood Friend I Never Met. Part 7 [Phone Call]
Sweets. Part 2 [Even Sweeter]
Questions

Sweets [A Hiyori Fanfic]

4.2K 133 75
Per AriSimp_exe

PS. Someone asked me to notify them when I uploaded a Hiyori fanfic, but I couldn't find their comment again. If it was you, here it is, and I'm sorry for being late.

These events take place after V11.5, Date Hiyori. It starts off during their last conversation, but Kiyotaka never called Kei and just came with the intention of chilling with Hiyori.

Kiyotaka POV

"If you'd like, you can take the book and read it."

As soon as we finished our conversation on the end of year exam, she opened her bag and showed me the book.

"Is it okay? It's borrowed under your name right?"

"It's not ideal, but I've gotten permission from a teacher so as long as it's returned on time it should be okay. Besides, even if we are in different classes, I trust Ayanokouji-kun."

She said all of this with a bright smile that contained a sweet innocence. Although I usually would have thought of such innocence as a mistake, I had to admit that it did add a certain charm to her.

"Thanks then, I'll be sure to return it when I finish."

The book she gave me was both new and popular, so I was honestly surprised that she was lucky enough to get her hands on a copy.

"By the way Ayanokouji-kun, do you have anywhere to go after this?"

"No, not really."

I was caught a little off guard by this question, so naturally, it caused me to look up. What waited for me was Hiyori who was casting her gaze downwards while twirling a strand of her hair with a finger.

She cleared her throat, then spoke shyly.

"In that case, would you like to accompany me for a bit? I was planning on heading to a nearby sweets shop after this, and seeing as you're here I was wondering if you would come."

"... I don't have anything else to do, but why me?"

"You see, I don't have many friends in my class that would probably like these kinds of things, so I thought that maybe Ayanokouji-kun would want to go."

She still avoided eye contact with me, so I couldn't tell whether she was lying or just genuinely embarrassed to ask me.

"Alright, I'll come."

After hearing my response, her face lit up with excitement. Hiyori always wanted to do several things with a friend, but just never got the chance to, so I assumed that this was the case. Reading books could also be said to fit that category as she once told me before.

With this, we packed our things and headed off.

"Is there any reason why you chose to go to a sweets shop?"

"Oh, well having sweets and drinking tea is one of my favorite things to do while reading. I wanted to go and check out what new choices there are."

"I see"

Sweets while reading. It wasn't the first time I've heard of it, but I had never actually tried it. Maybe I'll buy something too.

"That reminds me, you're in the tea ceremony club right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Lucky guess. I did tea ceremony before too, so I was able to tell."

In truth, I just ended up digging up a bit of information about her when we first met at Pallet. Her keen insight and attention to detail was what made me curious about her abilities, and along the way I happened to discover that she was in the tea ceremony club.

Not too long later, we had arrived at the sweets shop. Cakes, dangos, manju, and other pastries filled the shelves and counters, each one displayed finely.

"My favorite ones to get are usually a pack wagashi, it goes great with green tea and it really lets you relax."

"I see, that's not a bad choice."

Growing up in the White Room, I had never really encountered sweets that much, so I was pretty inexperienced when it came to which ones could be considered good.

"I guess I'll just have the same as you."

As I reached down to pick up the box of wagashi, a light tug on my sleeve stopped me.

"Wait, we can't be too hasty. Look over there. There's some new ones."

She pointed to the neighboring shelves which also contained wagashi, albeit with different designs and flavors. The original box I intended to pick had simple designs, while these new ones were shaped like flowers.

"Should we get these instead?"

"Umm, let me think..."

Time Skip

That was what she said 5 minutes ago, but even now, she was staring at the displays intently. I had almost forgotten just how indecisive Hiyori could be when it came to choosing things. But then again, that quirk also added to her charm along with her innocence and strong insight. Shy, indecisive, but still very sharp.

Seeing as she couldn't make up her mind, I decided to grab both boxes.

"If I buy one and you buy another, we could share them without having to worry about them getting bad."

"Ah, good thinking Ayanokouji-kun!"

She pondered on the idea of getting more after that, but I didn't really feel like standing around for another 5 minutes, so I just decided to nudge her towards the counter.

"Just two boxes of wagashi?" (Cashier)

"Yes please." (Hiyori)

"Alright, please wait a moment."

After confirming our order through the register, the lady looked back up at us.

"That'll be 2000 yen, but seeing as you guys are a couple, it's only 1000 yen"

"Eh?"

The cashier's unexpected words caused both me and Hiyori to let out a confused noise in sync. Apparently, there was a 50% discount for couples.

The next moment, Hiyori became flustered.

"U-umm, w-we aren't in that kind of relationship!"

She was red in the face, obviously panicking.

"Oh really?... Sorry, you guys just looked so natural as a couple I just assumed-"

"Eh, ah, wha?"

The comments of the cashier were made with a completely serious and confused expression, which only served to make Hiyori more flustered.

Observing this, I decided to step in to help her.

"Sorry, but we're not in that kind of relationship."

"Ah, right my bad."

She looked at me and as soon as she saw my unfazed expression, she apologized. But then she turned her gaze towards Hiyori to which I followed.

Hiyori was still a bit flustered, but also looked a little sad. Was it something I said?

"I think I get it now. But you know, it's not too late to get together now and get the discount. She's an incredibly good looker you know?"

"... Sorry, but I don't think that's happening."

After thinking for a bit, I let out that reply which caused both Hiyori and the cashier to droop their shoulders.

I could have sworn I saw them conversing with their eyes, almost as if saying:

Cashier: I'm really sorry!

Hiyori: It's alright, really, it's not Cashier-san's fault.

"Is it because you don't like her? Could it be that you already have a girlfriend?"

Although I had already denied her claim, the cashier didn't seem to want to give up on the subject of me and Hiyori being a couple.

Really, should she be allowed to do this? Most of the people behind us had already moved to another line, while some just watched almost as if amused.

I let out a sigh and turned my gaze towards Hiyori who was standing next to me. She was looking at the floor, as if she was a little saddened. No trace of her previous blush could be seen anymore.

"That's not it. It's just that saying things like that seems to make her uncomfortable, so I'd prefer it if you stopped."

"Huh? So does that mean you don't not like her?"

Her wording was a little confusing, but I figured she was asking whether if I disliked the notion of being around Hiyori. To this, I let out my honest opinion.

"She's a great friend and I don't dislike her."

"... So what if she were to ask you to be her boyfriend?"

At this point, the onlookers didn't even seem to care about buying their things anymore. Even the customers at the other check out station and the staff had their eyes on me, not moving a muscle. However, I didn't pay them any mind.

Instead, I thought about the question which was just thrown at me. What would I do if Hiyori asked me out?

"..."

Feeling my gaze, Hiyori began fidgeting cutely. She began to grow restless, but I could see that she still had a part of her that seemed scared of something.

"If it's Hiyori, I don't think I'd mind it. I honestly like spending time with her, even if she is from another class."

""""A complete pokerface...""""

Those were the whispers I heard around the store after I spilled my honest thoughts. Hiyori's face turned a bright red, which could even rival a Christmas tree.

"Yosh! Discount it is!!!"

For some reason cheers erupted in the store, staff and students alike. There wasn't anyone from our year that I could recognize, so they were probably all composed just of 2nd and 3rd years.

"Discount? I just said-"

"Good luck little miss."

Before I could finish my retort, I was quickly cut off by the cashier who was giving a thumbs up to Hiyori.

"Umm... H-here's 1000 points"

"..."

"Thank you, and here's your treats. Have a great day!"

I was left stunned for a moment due to the sudden chaos, but after I processed the series of events inside my brain, everything clicked.

"Hiyori-"

"Alright, maybe we should get out of here Ayanokouji-kun. We have some reading to do."

Hiyori was shy, so I could see why she wanted to leave as soon as possible. After all, everyone's eyes were on us, and especially after what she just did, her embarrassment was probably at an all time high.

An applause could still be heard as we left the store with our wagashi, but after a while of running, we stopped as Hiyori was trying to catch her breath.

"Should I take this as you like me?"

"..."

She eventually stopped panting and as she did, a tint of pink could be seen on her cheeks. She began approaching me with quickened steps and since we were only an arms length away to begin with, she crashed into my chest in no time.

She buried her head in my chest, and after a few seconds, she gripped my shirt gently before turning up to face me. A sweet, yet gentle aroma entered my nose as I could smell her shampoo.

Our height difference was that so her head only reached the bottom of my neck, but when she faced me, her chin rested on my chest.

"Yes..."

With a happy smile and a sincere gaze, she said this to me.

"I do."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

29.2K 639 10
As the name says, this fic only contains oneshots. In this fic, I'll write the oneshots completely based on readers' requests. You guys name it in th...
7.5K 410 4
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka finally achieved what he's wanted since the beginning of his life--freedom. However, freedom comes with it's own set of challenge...
63.9K 1.8K 18
❝𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐃. 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆.❞ -in which Ayanokouji...
12.4K 819 8
"My flaws are the tools for my perfection." Dissatisfied with his state as a blank slate, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka resolves to change during his time in t...