LawLu Week 2020

By swordlaw

Affection Ocean Dreams Stargazing Betrayal "Another time; Another Place" Solitude Falling Leaves Treasure Ve... More

Day One: Affection
Day Two: Ocean Dreams
Day Three: Stargazing
Day Four: Betrayal
Day Five: "Another Time; Another Place"
Day Six: Solitude
Day Seven: Falling Leaves
Day Eight: Treasure
Day Ten: Deprived

Day Nine: Vertigo (Dizzy)

871 46 7
By swordlaw

A/N: Law got a little nervous about asking Luffy to their highschool's dance. Even if the dance had already started, Law didn't think it was too late. 

word count: 1.7k

Law felt somewhat out of place around Luffy's friends, even all dressed up like they were for the school dance. They were popular and didn't really care about it a bit. As a matter of fact, they didn't even care what the other students thought, they just did what they wanted, when they wanted to, and that was it.

Law liked to think he didn't care what others had to say about him, but that wasn't entirely true. Not really.

Law caught sight of Luffy heading out of the cafeteria into the enclosed courtyard of their high school. Luffy was alone, that was unusual. Law's instincts told him to follow after Luffy, so he did. Without thinking twice. Hanging around Luffy so much had that effect on Law, he just tended to stop thinking.

Law had been itching to kiss Luffy for weeks but it was impossible to catch him alone. And Law wasn't the type to go around making public displays of affection. He and Luffy weren't exactly an item yet. Despite all indirect flirting they had been doing for weeks.

Especially not after he just realized he had a thing for guys as well as girls, was there even a name for that? Law pushed the thought aside, he could debate over the legitimacy of his sexuality later. Aside from that, Law really had no business kissing Luffy. It wasn't like he and Luffy weren't exactly an item yet. Despite all indirect flirting they had been doing for weeks. Right now it was just him and Luffy.

Law might as well take advantage of the opportunity though. It was now or never, as the saying goes. The worse that could happen is that Luffy rejected Law. Law caught sight of Luffy going around the corner of the building and followed. All the other students that were in the courtyard were near the entrance to the gym, so they didn't take much notice of Luffy, or Law.

"Luffy-ya," Law leaned against the railing that acted as a safety precaution against the steep drop that was bellow them. The school was on a hill, so the courtyard overlooked the street below and the park across the street.

"Oh! Hey Torao!" Luffy greeted Law with a smile, he pulled on his tie a little to loosen in. Law gulped and tried not to pay too much attention to how attractive that was. "It's so hot in there it makes out here feel like winter!"

"Yeah, it does," Law agreed, not really able to throw banter with Luffy like he usually did. Law felt really nervous now that he was here. This is ridiculous, it was Luffy for fucks sake.

"I think Usopp's gunna start a breakdance circle when the right song comes on, he was talking about it on the way here," Luffy said.

"I'd like to see you doing that," Law said with a smirk. he glanced over at Luffy to catch his reaction.

"If it looks fun I might!" Luffy grinned and looked down at the road below them. "Maybe I'll drag you in too!"

Law scoffed, "It will have to be my dead body."

"I don't think a dead body would dance very well, even if it was you," Luffy stated. Law turned to face Luffy, propping his elbow up on the railing and leaning against it still.

"Well, guess I won't be dancing," Law said.

"Why did you come to a dance if you don't like to dance?" Luffy asked, giving Law a puzzled glance. "That sounds like something an idiot would do.

"Oh, I like dancing, but only with my date," Law said. He was more than a little shocked that sentence even came out of his mouth. Law didn't even know where he was going with this. He didn't have a date and he had no idea what Luffy might say to that.

"Who's your date?" Luffy asked. "I'll get them to dance too!"

"Don't got one," Law said casually, he looked away from Luffy as he said it. His hands were starting to get sweaty.

"So you won't dance at all!?" Luffy huffed. He brought his hand up and rested his chin on his elbow, with a small pout on his lips. It was cute, the way his cheek scrunched up under his eye.

"Well..." Law paused. He had no clue what he was about to say and he was trying very hard not to think. When he let himself do that around Luffy he tended to get nervous and Law wasn't really in the mood for that at the moment. What fell out of Law's mouth was just as surprising to Law as it was to anyone else at the moment. "I wanted to ask someone, but they were already planning on going to the dance with their friends. So I opted to not bother them with the issue at all."

"You're weird, what if they really wanted to go with you?" Luffy asked he turned to face Law now.

Law shrugged. "They seemed really excited about going with their friends, their friends all put some money together to rent a party bus," Law said. It was exactly what Luffy and his friends had done.

"Woah, Usopp lied! He said we were the only ones that had a party bus!" Luffy said. Law wasn't sure how serious Luffy was. Sometimes it seemed like Luffy was intentionally flirting with Law, but then he said stuff like that and it threw Law off so much. Was Luffy really that oblivious?

Law pushed the thoughts aside, the doubt was making him nervous again.

"I think Usopp-ya was right on that one, your friends are the only ones I know that showed up in a party bus," Law admitted. Maybe Luffy would catch the hint there. Law had his doubts on that bit though.

"Oh!" Luffy grinned at Law and leaned a little closer to him. That grin had mischief written all over it. "You like one of my friends, huh? Who is it!? Nami? Oh, I bet it's Robin! You talk to her a lot!"

Law sighed, though he shouldn't be surprised at all, this was Luffy he was talking to. "What makes you think it's a girl I like?" Law asked. He stepped a little closer to Luffy.

"Oh, do you like Zoro then?" Luffy asked. "You talk to him a lot too, more than Robin!"

"Mm, no," Law said, he looked down at Luffy waiting to see if he'd even guess right and wanting to see how long it would take him to come to the right conclusion.

"Uh, Sanji?"

"No."

"Usopp!?"

"Try again,"

"Chopper?"

Law scrunched his nose at that one, Chopper reminded Law of a little kid and that was just gross. "Hard no."

Luffy started counting on his fingers, mouthing the names of his friends as he brought each finger into his fist.

"Jimbei!"

Luffy really was going to guess every single one of his friends before he got to himself, wasn't he? Maybe he knew and he was just messing with Law. Either way, Law didn't really care, he dug himself into this hole and he wasn't about to stop.

"No," Law said again.

"Franky?"

"No."

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Luffy agreed. He put down another finger.

"Brook?"

Law shook his head this time.

"Uh," Luffy looked down at his fingers again. "That's all my friends that came on the bus."

"There's one more guy that came on the bus," Law noted as if he were just thinking out loud.

"Me?" Luffy realized. "You like me?"

"Took you long enough to get there," Law said. He was trying not to clench his fist. His heart was pounding in his chest, trying to escape his ribcage as if his very life were on the line.

"Oh," Luffy put his hands down. Of course, Law confesses to Luffy of all people and he gets an "Oh" as a response.

Law threw caution to the wind and leaned in a bit closer to Luffy.

"I think I deserve a little more than 'Oh,'" Law muttered, he looked down at Luffy's lips and back up at his eyes, "Don't you?"

"Um," Luffy looked at Law like his brain was short-circuiting. Law wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if that were the case. Law took it upon himself to push things a little further.

"Can I kiss you?" Law asked quietly. Luffy glanced down at Law's lips and Law wanted to take that at a 'yes' but he knew better than that by a long shot.

"Y-yeah," Luffy said. Law brought his hand under Luffy's chin and tilted his head up. He pressed his lips to Luffy's.

His lips were soft and so much more than Law could have imagined. Law felt butterflies in his stomach going crazy, it made him dizzy. Luffy bit Law's lower lip, it was the last thing he expected but Law went with it, he dipped his tongue into Luffy's mouth and moved on arm around Luffy's waist.

Luffy's fists clutched Law's shirt and Luffy slowly pulled away, leaving Law breathless and wanting more. That dizzy feeling didn't go away, Law felt like he might pass out if he wasn't careful. It was like he had had one too many drinks.

Law and Luffy were still close, their forehead only centimeters apart.

"I liked that a lot," Luffy said.

Law couldn't help the smirk that made it's way to his face. "Good."

"Oh, does this mean you'll dance?"

"I don't know, are you my date?" Law asked.

"Yep!" Luffy said with plenty of enthusiasm for the both of them.

"I will certainly be dancing with you then," Law agreed. Luffy's grin grew massive. "But I will not be break dancing, I can't dance like that and I'm not in the mood to learn tonight, especially not in front of a bunch of people."

"Boo," Luffy pouted.

"That's not changing my mind," Law said with a small scoff.

"Will another kiss?" Luffy asked.

"No."

"Can I have another anyway?"

"Mhm," Law hummed. He was already leaning in again. This time Luffy met him halfway. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 69 15
Like a rose in her garden, being beautiful and withering away at the same place Y/n, the high and mighty Ace's 'lover' Meets Law, a boy with nothing...
11.4K 611 33
SEQUEL TO: Magic of Blood & Sea(Trafalgar Law X OC) In a dance of intricate steps and intricate emotions, Feyre and Law find themselves ensnared in a...
134K 4.6K 21
🔱 With You 🔱 ~°~°~°~° It's about meeting The One, set in the past. Sounds just like one of those typical love stories, right? Well, it is not ent...
28.1K 1.1K 41
⚠️spoilers to cannon events in One Piece after Wano arc⚠️ In pain and suffering at the loss of his crew, Law ends up in a different world in an attem...