Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

šƒšŽš'š“ š˜šŽš” š’š„š„ š–š‡š€š“ š˜šŽš” šƒšŽ š“šŽ šŒš„? šˆ š‚š€š'š“ š„š€š“, š’š‹š„š„š, šŽš‘ šš‹šŽšŽšƒš˜ š“... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 7 ]

5.5K 138 530
By uglydiaries

Dear (y/n)

I look forward to seeing you over Christmas break! I am glad you are enjoying your year so far. I recently got offered a job as a professor for young kids and have decided to take it. I know it's not like the ministry and the pay is not as good, but I know we will be able to manage. Plus, it is something I have always dreamed of doing. The ministry life is just not for me. I send my best regards to you for your upcoming exams.

Ps I have attached some of your favorite sweets.

Love forever and always,

Aiden.

(Y/n) looked down at the letter she had just received. She had no idea how bad Aiden had hated his work in the ministry. She knew it wasn't a job she had pictured him taking after he had graduated thus the reason she had never said anything before- she just hadn't expected him to quit and leave. A small smile forming on the edge of her lip. She was just glad he found something that he loved. He deserved it.

She looked over to her two roommates that were sound asleep as she reached over grabbing a parchment and quill writing back immediately.

Aiden,

I am so happy for you! Thank you so much for the sweets. You always know how to make my morning even when we are a hundred miles away from each other. I can't wait to hear all about your teaching job. See you tomorrow.

Love you always,

(Y/n) Carter

She looked at the brown school owl as she gently petted his head whispering Aiden so he would know where to go.

She stepped away from the window walking into the bathroom and taking a nice hot shower. It was Saturday morning and the day before she was about to leave for winter break. After feeling content with how she looked in the mirror she walked over to her dresser putting on an old muggle band t-shirt and some jeans as she made her way to the Great Hall.

"(Y/n)!"

She turned around to see both Harry and Ron looking up at her. She tried to hold in a laugh as she examined their appearance. They looked as if they had just woken up. Ron's har was untamed and slightly all over the place where Harry had his shirt untucked and his tie wrapped around his neck instead of his shirt.

"Hey boys what do I owe the honor?" She asked as the three walked into the hall together, taking a seat at the end of the bench. It was closer to 7:00 and the food had just appeared in front of them.

"Well we were hoping you could do us a favor," Harry said as he loaded his plate with food.

"Sure, anything for my two favorite first years," she said grabbing a muffin and nibbling on it.

"We want in on the party tonight," Ron said hopeful, his bed hair making him look a lot younger.

(Y/n) stomach dropped as she looked at the two eager boys. "Anything but that," she said sighing as she looked between the two. "How did you guys even find out about it? It's 3rd years and up."

"Let us just say, Fred and George aren't the quietest people around. Come on (y/n) please!" Ron said reaching over the table and grabbing both of (y/n)'s hands in his.

"Whoa what's happening here?" George asked walking towards the table and taking a seat next to (y/n), sending her a wink. Fred following close behind.

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes as she pulled her hands out of Ron's.

"Well it seems like tweedled dee and tweedled dumb couldn't keep their mouth shut," she said playfully.

"Tweedled who?" Fred asked, an eyebrow slightly raised.

"Ron and Harry want in on the party tonight since you idiots couldn't keep your mouth shut."

"Absolutely not!" George said chiming in. "No one younger than third years."

"That's rubbish!" Ron said getting up from his seat, opening his mouth that showed the food he had slightly been chewing on.

"Close your mouth," Fred said, a disgusted look on his face.

"Okay boys, I think we can come to an agreement here," (y/n) said hoping to lighten the atmosphere a little. "Ron and Harry," she said turning towards them. "You both can come but only for an hour, and no drinking. If I see one cup in your hand, I will hex you!"

"(Y/n) come on," George said resting his hand on her shoulder.

(Y/n) attention however was on the two first years seated in front of her. "Do we have a deal?"

"Yes! Absolutely!" They both said getting up and running off out of the Great Hall. A smile plastered all over their face.

"Did you really have to do that love?" Fred asked resting his head on the table as he let out a sigh.

"Look, they already know about it, and I hate to see Ron write to your mom because we wouldn't let him go to a party we shouldn't even be throwing to begin with." She said reaching over and playing with his hair as he closed his eyes.

"I love when you do that," Fred said mumbling as he relaxed to her touch.

(Y/n) felt the heat rush to her cheeks as she continued playing with it. His hair was soft to her touch, and she liked it like that. His hair wasn't long, and it wasn't that short either. It was the perfect length in her opinion. Curling slightly towards his ears. She smiled at him knowing fully that he wouldn't be able to see it.

"So," George said clearing his throat. (Y/n) immediately jumped slightly, retrieving her hand from Fred's hair looking over to George who had a smirk on his face. "I say we grab Angelina, Lee, and Alicia and have a snowball fight."

"Sounds like a plan," (Y/n) said getting up from her seat and walking towards the common room so she could wake up the girls.

Fred and George walking slightly behind her. She could tell they were whispering something secretive based off the hush noise they were making, but she couldn't really tell what they were saying. She could see Fred shrug in the corner of her eye, but she just let it pass as she walked up the stairs.

"You need to tell her mate," George said as he grabbed Fred's arm having him walk a few steps back so (y/n) couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Tell her what? There is nothing to say." Fred said crossing his arm and shrugging his brother off.

"Maybe start with, hey (y/n) you are looking beautiful today oh and by the way I've been in love with you since I first saw you on the train and that's why I started calling you love." George said smirking to himself.

"For what though? For her to reject me and then lose one of the closest people in my life aside from you."

"She won't reject you."

"You don't know that Georgie."

"Do you not see the way she looks at you? Or plays with your hair? Hell, she doesn't touch mine and I'm also her best friend."

Fred just shook his head as he looked over to his twin. He knew that it wasn't the time. Sure, he thought she was breathtaking, and everything about her was pure. Her laugh was contagious, and he knew that no matter where she would go, he would always follow, but they were only thirteen and she deserved the whole damn world. Something he wouldn't be able to give her just yet.

(Y/n) turned her head back towards the boys as she said the password to the Fat lady. "You guys are really dragging behind. You coming in?" she asked. Holding the door half open as the twins rushed next to her.

"Of course, (y/n/n)" George said placing his hand on her head and rustling her hair a bit.

"Georgie!" She yelled as he raced in through the portrait.

She walked up the stairs to the girl dormitory to see Angelina and Alicia on their beds talking.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up," (y/n) teased.

"Oi, shut it. It's still the weekend." Alicia said laying back down in her bed closing her eyes.

"Snowball fight anyone? Girls vs boys." (y/n) said reaching into her trunk and pulling out gloves and a jacket.

"Oh, I'm so in!" Angelina said rushing up.

Within twenty minutes everyone had made it to the courtyard and were flying snowballs left and right. Fred and George had even charmed snowballs to hit Professor Quirrell in the back on the head. Which caused the group to burst into laughs.

"Duck!" Angelina called as a snowball came hurling Alicia's way.

The girl's team had been surprising winning, and it probably helped that all three girls were chasers. Their throw was on point compared to the boys who had missed almost every shot.

"Well what do we have here Freddie?" A voice called from behind (Y/n). She instantly turned around to see the twins behind her. A mischievous grin on their face as they stared down at her.

"Looks like we have someone that is asking to get a little wet Georgie," Fred said taking a step closer.

"Wait, no please don't." (Y/n) begged as she took a few steps back.

In a second Fred had charge forward picking her up and throwing her over his shoulders as he laughed. He ran with her for a few seconds throwing her into an icy snow patch. George right behind him as he grabbed a handful of snow and dropped it right on top of her head.

"FRED! GEORGE! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU," She yelled as they broke in laughter. She got up patting the snow off of her body as she shivered from the cold. "I-hatteee youuu- both," she said through chattered teeth.

Lee rushed next to her wrapping his scarf around her neck as she sent him a grateful look. "You look horrible."

"Thanks Lee."

"Aww come on Carter, we're sorry," George said wrapping his arm around her.

"It's fine, anyways we got to get ready for the party," she said as Angelina and Alicia were by her side.

The girls rushed inside as (y/n) jumped in the shower as she rinsed off the dirt from the snow, and then rushing back in the room as she tried to find what to wear.

"I've never really been to a party," she confessed as she looked at her wardrobe.

"I have the perfect outfit for you!" Alicia said running through her clothes and pulling out a black dress that had a low v neck and small lace throughout. "Here take these and wear these boots." She said handing them out. (Y/n) took them slowly putting it on as she went to look in the mirror. It hugged her body perfectly.

"Let me add a bit of makeup!" Angelina said pulling the girl to her bed and applying a nice natural look on the thirteen-year old's face.

Angelina and Alicia stepped back looking at their work smiling. "Perfect," they both said in unison.

(Y/n) looked in the mirror and her breath caught. She didn't even look like herself.

"Come on the party is about to start, and the boys are already at the room of requirement."

The girls made their way to the room as they pushed it open. The room of requirement had transformed into a winter wonderland. Bright rays of blue and white we sprayed throughout as tiny snowflakes hung from the ceiling twinkling in the light. Everything was set in place. Snacks and drinks were off to the side and almost someone from every house was present.

"Whoa."

(Y/n) turned her attention to George and Fred who had appeared right in front of her. They both were wearing nice dress shirts and pants. George in a dark green shirt, and Fred in a blue one. Each shirt complementing their features.

"Well don't you both look dashing," she said bringing her two best friends in for a hug.

George and Fred just starred at her wide eyed, not saying anything.

"Well don't just stand there gawking how does she look?" Angelina said impatient as she put her hand on her hip.

"(Y/n) you look beautiful."

(Y/n) turned her attention to see Cedric who had just stepped in front of her eyesight.

"Cedric, thank you." She said blushing as he pulled her further into the room.

"I should be the one thanking you for the invite. This is amazing. Care to dance?" He asked holding out his hand.

(Y/n) smiled up at him as she took his hand into hers dancing to the music. It was an upbeat song as she was finding it very easy to dance with him. After a few songs she excused herself as she made her way to the twins.

"This is brilliant," she said as she grabbed a drink of the fire whiskey.

"Yeah," Fred huffed crossing his arms.

"What's your problem?" She asked. "Are you not having a good time?" There was a hint of sorrow in her voice as she stepped closer to him and wrapped him in a hug.

Whatever problem Fred was feeling in that moment because of Cedric instantly washed away as he tightened his grip on her. "I am, just missing a certain best friend," he said pulling her away from him and getting a better look at her. She was captivating, her skin glowed and every piece of her burst with so much happiness that Fred didn't care about anything else. "You're gorgeous," he said holding her out to him and spinning her around.

(Y/n) face instantly heating up as the butterflies filled her stomach. Though she didn't know if it was from the fire whiskey or being so close to Fred. "Do you want to dance?" She asked.

Fred nodded as he pulled her further down the group of people, spinning her around until she landed in his arms. The song had turned into a slow one, so she took the opportunity to be closer to him as she rested her head on his chest. His arms instantly moving to her waist as they swayed back and forth.

A flash caught their attention as they looked up to see George with a small camera in his hands. "Now this is a night to remember."

(Y/n) smiled as she saw Lee in the corner of her eyes, grabbing a hold of him and bringing him closer. "Oh Cedric perfect, can you take a picture of all of us?" She asked as she grabbed the camera out of George's hand and giving it to Cedric.

"On the count of three, one, two, three."

(Y/n) looked at the picture that was being developed as she saw the moving image. Their stood Fred, George, Lee, and herself, and then George pushing Lee forward causing (y/n) to fall on Fred's side. Both looking up at one another and laughing.

"It's perfect," she said smiling. "Thank you." Though she wasn't really talking about the group picture, but the picture of (y/n) and Fred slow dancing. It showed him Twirling her around and bringing her in closer to his chest.

"What are you doing here?" A loud voice said echoing throughout the room.

(Y/n) turned to see Ron and Harry talking to a boy with platinum blonde hair. "Malfoy."

"You're not supposed to be here first year," (Y/n) said as she walked over to three, standing closer to Ron and Harry's side. "Third years and above, now beat it."

"If it's third years and above then why are they here?" Malfoy asked as he stepped further into the room.

"That is none of your concern, now go,"

Malfoy just stayed in place, a smirk on his face as he shook his head no. (Y/n) just sighed before she pulled her wand out of her boot and pointed it to him. "Rictusempra," She whispered as the jinx got shot towards him.

He dropped to the ground laughing as he held his stomach. "My. Father. Will. Hear. About. This." He said threw laughs as he ran out of the room.

"That was brilliant (y/n)!" Ron said stepping closer to her. "I think I might be in love with you."

This made the girl laugh as she placed her arm around his shoulder. "Sorry Ronniekins, I have my eyes on an entirely different person."

"That git got what he deserved. Malfoy is a nightmare," Harry said.

"I agree, I'm glad I was able to do that. It felt good, you know?"

"Rewind a second," Fred said coming up to join the group. George and Lee by his side. "You like someone (y/n)?"

(Y/n) met his eye, slightly turning pink. "Is that such a horrible thought?"

"No, no I mean you're a girl-" Fred stated.

"Well spot on Fred," Ron chimed in.

"Shut it, I mean I just didn't envision-"

"Envision what?" (Y/n) said stepping forward. "That I would like someone or that someone would like me back?" Her anger was intensifying, probably due to the fire whiskey she had been drinking, but she didn't care. She turned around and stormed off towards Angelina who was by the drinks. She grabbed a cup and chugged it down her throat.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" Angelina asked looking at her worriedly.

"Stupid Weasley," (Y/n) said taking another cup and chugging it. "Come on Ang, let's dance."

She pulled the African American girl on the dance floor as they swung back and forth. They danced to a few songs, until Lee had jumped in asking to dance with Angie.

(Y/n) felt a hand on her arm as she looked up to see George. "Wanna dance?" He asked, smiling sheepishly. She nodded as she laced her hands in his. "Freddie didn't mean it, you know."

(Y/n) just shook her head, "It doesn't even matter," she whispered. She looked up at George. He was good looking like Fred. He had freckles sparkled across her face, more so his cheeks then everything. His ginger hair, which was once combed back was slightly sticking out in all different directions.

George spun her around slightly before bringing her back into his arms. "You know you're my best friend, right?" He asked.

"Of course I do silly, and you're mine." She said meeting his eyes and smiling.

George traced his fingers alongside her face as he stopped dancing. "All I want is for you to be happy (y/n). I hate seeing you guy's fight. Maybe go talk to him."

She smiled up at George before giving him a hug and nodding. "Thank you for always having my back Georgie."

She left his side scanning the room until she saw the ginger slumped in the corner. She walked to his side fluffing down her dress as she went to stand by him. She watched him eye her, but he didn't say a word. She reached her hand down grabbing his and pulling his attention towards her.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"No (y/n) I am. I didn't mean that no one would like you or that you weren't capable of liking someone. You are incredible, god you have most the guys here flaunting over you."

"Okay Freddie, you don't have to overdo the compliment. I forgive you."

Fred moved his hand across her cheek, towards the back of her head as he pulled her in closer to his chest, gliding his hands down around her waist as he pulled her into a hug. "It's true."

(Y/n) smiled in his chest as she took his scent. Cinnamon and gunpowder. Examining every inch of him. This was the last thing she wanted to remember before she left in the morning. "I'm glad you're in my life Freddie." 

A/N: (3283 words!) I really can't believe how long this chapter is. Usually my word count is at around 1300-1700. This chapter was a lot of fun to write and probably my favorite one so far. What does everyone think? Also pls don't forget to VOTE for each chapter. It means so much when I see everyone's support. <3 Thank you all again. You guys make my day. xoxo -uglydiaries. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 195 30
The cover is entirely mine although the pictures were found on google ā¤ļøšŸ’› First off the plot is entirely my own although all characters except for y...
11.2K 292 30
"I hate your lips, I hate your voice, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you say my name, I hate your beautiful face, I hate your pretty freckle...
30.7K 711 40
"Tš”šžš«šž š¢š¬ š¬šØš¦šžš­š”š¢š§š  ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš® š­š”ššš­ š¦ššš¤šžš¬ š¦šž šŖš®šžš¬š­š¢šØš§ š¦š² š¬ššš§š¢š­š²," š”šž š°š”š¢š¬š©šžš«šžš š›š«šžššš­...
18K 502 112
(FRED WEASLEY LOVE STORY) (Y/n) Black, a beautiful girl and has a lot of secrets from her past, will she be able to over come the challenges with bei...