Log Horizon: Alien Chronicles...

By Auto-nin

-Updated on Fridays- On the day the twelve expansion, Homesteading in the Noosphere, of Elder Tales launched... More

Ch.1 Edited
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch. 18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
Ch.37
Ch.38
Ch. 39
Ch.40-Epilogue

Ch.24

202 6 0
By Auto-nin

This world keeps getting worse, Sasuke held his hand against his head, somewhat happy with the downpour hitting him. It seemed to help dull the ache coming from his head.

“Get moving,” The Summoner before them shouted, his annoyance not hidden by the rain. “We need to get back before the Triffids respawn with our healer being sent to the Cathedral.” The man grumbled, keeping his pace well ahead of the three behind him. “Jeez, why did I have to babysit these guys? My luck sucks.”

“Agh.” Sasuke stumbled, getting caught by Tohya.

“You alright?” Tohya asked, Isuzu rushing to Sasuke’s other side to help.

“Don’t really know anymore. My head is killing me.” Sasuke grumbled, looking at the ground. What else will I forget? I already forgotten my surname, my jutsu and taijutsu has disappeared to be replaced by spells and skills, and I barely remember the Massacre. If this keeps up, I will be only causing more trouble for everyone.  Sasuke thought, feeling sick.

It was much like when the Massacre happen, but it felt a lot more physical than emotional back then. At least, of what he remembered. This world is manipulating everything. Even Hinata lost her surname, so there’s more going on. But we are all too weak to find out why. Even I am weaker than everyone else. Even the one’s trapped in the guild hall have more skills than me. Sasuke thought, his inferior complex taking over. He had hide it well, giving what appeared to be a superior complex. Yet, now the act was broken and his real, weak self expose.

“That guy…” Sasuke looked up, seeing Tohya holding back his fury. Touya was looking straight at their party leader. “Two of us died today because of him.”

“I hate to say it, but it is because we are too weak.” Isuzu said, looking at her feet while stomping through the mud.

“My luck sucks…” The Summoner grumbled before turning around slightly, “We did not hit our quota  because your levels are too low!” The man shouted before face back to the front.

“No. It’s because his level is too high,” Sasuke and Isuzu looked at Touya, “That’s why we stand out.”

“What do you mean?” Isuzu asked while Sasuke focused ahead, trying to see how much further till they reach the city.

“I don’t really understand it, but he attracts all the enemies. As a tank, my job is to attract the enemies and keep their attention.” Tohya said, “That’s why our formation keeps falling apart.”

“That’s right. Even with trying to correct it with the formations Shika shared to everyone, we still can’t stop the same thing from repeating.” Sasuke sighed,  before his eyes widen with a heavy pain to his eyes. “Shit!”  Tohya and Isuzu were unable to keep him up as he collapsed, one hand over his eyes to try and figure out what was the cause.

“Sasuke! Are you alright?” Isuzu said as Tohya kneeled down.

The hell! Why is my eyes hurting at a time like this? Sasuke thought , feeling his eyelids, I don’t feel anything and there’s no way it is pollen or any poison with the rain. What the hell is going on?

“Sasuke, is it your eyes? Show them to me.” Tohya asked, “I spent a lot of time in the hospital due to not being able to walk. Hence I learned a few things from the nurses to try and pass the time, so let me help.”

“Just, they hurt… A lot…” Sasuke grunted, trying to open his eyes. Tohya forced one opened with Sasuke moving his hand away some.

“Nani? It changed color?” Tohya said, studying Sasuke’s eyes. “Keep your eyes closed. The pain is from light sensitivity from how your pupils keep contracting and expanding. Or at least, I think it is.” Touya sighed, helping Sasuke up.

“What color are they now?” Sasuke asked, Did… I just get the Sharingan?

“Auburn color, but they look normal outside they were black before.” Touya said, Sasuke feeling another pair of arms helping him stand.

Ah, Isuzu. Sasuke thought, “Is there any black marking in the eyes? Like a tomoe?” Sasuke asked, If I gotten the Sharingan, maybe I can be of use to the others.

“No, why?” Tohya asked, a bit of worry in his voice.

“Nothing. Ninja related.” Sasuke sighed, feeling his whole body becoming heavy. I’m just worthless. I can’t even awaken the Sharingan properly. I won’t use their world as an excuse for my own weaknesses.

“Hey! Will you stop talking and-Hey, what’s wrong with him?” Sasuke gritted his teeth, realizing the party leader noticed them.

“Some of the pollen from the Triffids got into his eyes. Don’t worry about us. We can handle it.” Isuzu shouted.

“Then have him clean his eyes. You all have canteens, idiots.” The man snorted before Sasuke heard slash sounds. “Huh, who are you?”

“Hold still.” A voice Sasuke did not recognized as he felt a warm sensation over his eyes. “Odd, you’re clearly in a lot more pain than just fatigue.”

“Are you a healer?” Tohya asked, surprise in his voice.

“Sort of. Though, I can’t help your friend like this. We need to get him to some shelter. His chakra is fluctuating oddly, so I want to do a better assessment. Wait, you all look horrible.” Sasuke opened his eyes, finding an older girl with brown hair and eyes standing before him when he felt the warmth leave his face.

She isn’t-wait a second. “You’re a kunoichi?”Sasuke asked, trying to find a sign of what village she was from. There’s other people than us trapped in this world from our world?

“Yes. A medic-nin, though, do you know where I am at? My memories seem to be conflicting.” The girl smiled at them. A gentle caring smile Sasuke has only seen in this world from his fellow beginners.

“Hey! You! Leave the brats alone!” Sasuke was forced to close his eyes, unable to bear the pain from them. But, he caught site of their party leader walking over.

Don’t tell me he’s going to force her into the guild, too! Sasuke felt his mouth going sour. Dammit! Isn’t there anything I can do! Sasuke shouted in his mind. However, he found memories he never had suddenly flood before his eyes. Nani? Whose are these? I never killed anything outside monsters and animals. Why do I have memories of killing people? Sasuke thought, but focused back on the situation. And taking in the information from the memories.

“Are you the team leader?” The girl asked, her tone cold. “You’re members are in horrible condition. How can you allow your teammates to get in rough shape?”

“What it to you? Mind your own business.” The party leader sneered. “They are like this because their levels is too low!”

“Levels? What the hell does that even mean? Are you referring to their rank or their skills?” The girl asked, fury in her voice. “What kind of leader uses that as an excuse? What village are you from to think that?”

“What kind of nonsense are you spouting about? Hm? You’re level 30, tch. You want to fight?”

“Level 30? You’re the one spouting nonsense.”

“Heh, let’s see how-”

“Leave Rin alone!” Sasuke heard someone scream, only to flinch with hearing whoever it was hit the ground and slide in the mud.

“What kind of joke is this? I don’t have time to mess around with brats.” Sasuke opened his eyes, see the party leader turned around, looking at a dark hair man who was on the ground. “Or an idiotic man. Are you with those two idiots from before?”

This is my one chance. Hope this works. Sasuke leaped forward, shocking Touya and Isuzu. He quickly unsheath his sword, heading straight for the party leader.

“Amazing you are-Agh!” Sasuke sliced right through the back of the Summoner’s neck with his sword sword. His attack did not go deep with the level difference, but it was enough as the man fell to the ground dead due to a severed spinal cord, dropping items and gold coins.

“Sasuke, did you just kill him?” Isuzu asked, Sasuke looking back and seeing the girl trembling.

So, going for a strike that kills in one shot still works. But, still where did those memories comes from? Sasuke thought, looking back at his blade with was coated in blood. “We need to run to the guild hall building.”

“Huh?” The brown hair girl looked at him, trying to assist the man on the ground.

“There nothing much we can do if we are trapped in Hamelin at the moment. If we hurry before he revives, we should be able to make it to desk and remove ourselves from… Hamelin.” Sasuke groaned, his knees giving out and hit the mud hard. Ah… Oh, dear, I think my muscles turned to jelly. I get it. Got the memories, but not the muscle memory! That quick attack took too much out of me! Sasuke thought, a dull ache going through his body.

“Ow. Wait, he's dead?” Sasuke managed to look back at the man and girl, seeing the man had short black hair and his face oddly scarred on the right side. “Oh, hey! Are you alright?” Sasuke closed his eyes, trying to fight back the headache.

“Hey, can you carry him? We need to hurry to the guild hall building! Isn’t the guild your sensei is in is Crescent Moon or something, right?” Isuzu asked while Sasuke felt someone pick him up.

“Yeah…” Sasuke groaned before he was shocked with realizing something. “We’re being surrounded! Run!”

“Huh? Wha-Hey!” The girl’s voice yelped as Sasuke felt himself moving.

“He’s right!, Rin I don’t know why, but I am seeing something weird and some the little stars on it are trying to get around us.” The man shouted, making Sasuke realized it was the man carrying him.

“Wait, how are you able to use the mini-map?” Tohya asked, panting as they ran. “Noone has been able to make it work outside of the city!”

The mini-map? Ah, right, I saw it when in town. Why am I seeing it now? Sasuke thought, studying the map he was now seeing with his eyes closed. He noticed it was actually more detailed than the mini-map, but still just as simple. “Keep heading straight and keep running. Don’t stop to fight the monsters in the coming zone.”

“Wait, there is more of those beasts ahead?” Rin, the girl asked, with some shock. “Is he right, Obito?”

If I can see this map… Well, since I am pretty useless now,  Sasuke thought, focusing hard on the map. More information appeared, showing at least a name and level to the dots. Ow, ow. I am going to need aspirin after this.

“I think so. But why just run than fight?” The man, Obito, asked in confusion.

“The monsters ahead are roughly level 40. Their levels are around level 60.”

“Levels? Again?” Rin asked.

“Ah! We will be triggering them to attack, but their levels will attract the monsters!” Tohya said, “With the diversion, we should make it to Akiba faster!”

“But, we are heading straight into a higher level zone. Instead, once the monsters are fighting we’ll use Call of Home to return to Akiba’s front gate. Obito-san, Rin-san, focused on your forehead for a second.

“Huh, what a weird order.” Obito said before hearing a gasp from Rin. “What is it, Rin?”

“I can see weird boxes and lists. What are these?” Rin asked.

“Those are the menus from the game.” Touya said before Sasuke opened his eyes.

“Shit! Stop and go right!" Sasuke shouted, "They must be from a PK guild and already set up further in case targets ran. The group following us must have been scouting party and did not realize Hamelin farming this area.”

“And once they see that guy dead, they’ll come after us to try and capture us to bring back to Hamelin.” Isuzu whined, her voice wavering with fear.

“Actually, if we escape without them seeing us, they will most lightly think he was taken out by a smaller group of PKers aiming for higher level characters.” Sasuke said, ignoring the pain in his head as he kept an eye on the radar. “Obtio-san, Rin-san, we’ll explain everything once we are safe. I will go ahead and tell you, though, you two are in a whole different world and how things work is a lot different from the one we came from.”

“That’s kind of clear. Last I remember was being in a cave in with being a teenager, not a full on adult like now.” Obito sighed, before chuckling. “Though, I’m probably taller than Kakashi-teme now.”

“You’re seriously thinking of that now?” Rin groaned, “Focus on our current objective!”

“Hai, hai.” Obito sighed, "Though I wish I had my goggles. The rain is really getting into my eyes.”

Shit! They have… Ah, I can see guild information now, too. Sasuke thought, “Touya, when Minori and you were used as hostages, was the guild they used you against West Wind Brigade?”

“Yeah, wait, how did you know of the guild?” Touya asked, confused.

“Head left. It seems this West Wind Brigade is hunting PKers. They will either be allies or we can use them as the distraction we need as the monsters aren’t slowing the party after us down.” Sasuke gritted his teeth, trying hard to think of a plan. This is a closed zone, so we are forced to take the gates of the area to get out. If we can cause a ruckus, the PK guild should be forced to have those blocking the exit come and assist. But, what if they don’t? How can I fix the plan if it fails? Dammit!

The harem guild will be your allies. Sasuke’s opened his eyes in shock, finding an odd blue sheen over his eyes. Sorry for not contacting ya directly for a while. Game glitched out my voice and only just discovered a good alternative for those not used to text boxes.

“Naruto?” Sasuke asked, opening his eyes and looking around just as the group reached a clearing and finding two groups staring off each other.

“Huh? Ah, isn’t those kids from Hamelin?” One of the rougher looking group asked.

“Did they escape? I didn’t hear about them losing some beginners.” Another said before Sasuke saw a dark hair samurai looking at them.

“Ah! You’re that brother from before.” The samurai as Sasuke saw was Soujirou Seta looked at them. “Heh! Time to make up for last time. Nazuna, Kyouko, protect that group as we handle the PKers.”

“Alright!” A woman with fox ears and a girl in full armor ran towards Sasuke’s group.

“Hey! You alright?” The girl in armor, Kyouko, asked.

“Hopefully. Ah, you’re a Kannagi? You might want to put a barrier up asap!” Sasuke said, seeing the enemies that were following from behind coming in fast.

“Sure, what for?” The fox woman, Nazuna, asked while holding her hand out and a barrier forming. That very instant she did, several people ran into the barrier with rushing out of the woods. “Offh! Holy crap! Haha! You don’t see that every day!” Nazuna laughed as Kyouko got between the barrier and the fallen people, pulling out her sword from her shield.

“I’ll laugh once we are off the battlefield.” Obito said before looking back at Sasuke. “Hey, why is your eyes glowing? They are freaking me out.”

My eyes are glowing? Sasuke thought in confusion.

Ah, that’s the sign Hydra Link is on. Seems to do both eyes when I am doing full control. Though, what the hell did you do to your body? Are you experimenting like I have been doing?

Boss, what are you talking about and why did you link me? Another voice echoed in Sasuke’s head.

Why is there two voices in my head? Naruto? Is that you?  Sasuke thought, trying to stay calm and keep his sanity.

Wait, did you multi-box to one of your classmates? Oh, I’m Shiroe. Sasuke focused back on the battlefield his eyes wide. He had done spars, but he was shocked at how much more a real person vs. person battle was with watching where he was at.

Yeah, wanted to inform them of the situation, but found Sasuke and two other noobs in a pinch outside of Akiba. I am going over to help them out as Seta-prev is there with his group. But it might be too much for him to handle. From what you got from Maryelle, it would be best to make an impact in the wrong way with how Akiba is going now.

That does not make sense. Sasuke said in his mind, recognizing Naruto’s voice. Ah, sorry, I’m Sasuke. Shika talked to you, right, Shiroe?

Yes. Also, translation, Boss is about to be an asshole. Though, you sure you want to do that? You’re still sick. Shiroe sighed in Sasuke’s head.

Asshole? Sasuke thought, trying to process what he just heard. Sasuke may have not been one of the most social people in the world, but he roughly knew everyone in his class. Naruto was a loudmouth idiot who was a prankster and naive, but not a jerk. Is he? Sasuke thought, question his memories with all that his went missing.

Oie! I’m just raining on some PKers’ parades like I did when it was a game. I feel terrible, so want to let lose some stream anyways. Not chancing letting any of you beam back to Susukino, hence doing it alone. Naruto said,

Alright. We’ll be getting Serara-san back to Crescent Moon and get the guild made. Make sure to join it once you are done being an ass and get to Akiba.” Shiroe said, sounding tired. “Just don’t die. I rather not have to return back to Susukino to rescue you.

Ah, you care so much, Tentacle Glasses. Naruto chimed.

Tentacle Glasses? Sasuke thought before realizing the tide of the battle. Crap! They are losing! Sasuke thought, seeing even though West Bridge Brigade were still alright, their HP was being depleted too quickly by the PKers they were fighting. They won’t last another 10 minutes at this rate! Sasuke thought. He had gotten good at understanding how the battle system work, though he was not as good as monitoring it like Shika.

Oh, looks like Sasuke is a budding as a strategist. He’s starting to understand how to do Full Control Encounter. Naruto chimed. Don’t worry. Almost there to turn the tide. Oh, can you gather all the information I need from Maryelle in case it takes me a bit to get there?

Sure. Do you think we can do this ramped up passed just one? Shiroe asked.

Yep. If the harem guild is part of the alliance, we should have no problems with the farming and gathering part to keep up with demand for a wider supply chain. And it will also make it harder for them to figure out the brain of the operation along with giving us a bigger impact to get the attention of the larger guilds. Naruto said, very happy for some reason. Just leave the major business things for me, but, first, time to get my fight on.

Bye. And take care. A small sizzle found came to Sasuke’s ears, confusing him.

I don’t get what all you said, but just hurry. Sasuke thought, groaning as his headache got worse from listening to Naruto. Business? Wait, what business?

You’ll find out later as my apprentice for the act we need since you three are getting rescued ahead of schedule. Sorry for the long delay, but your situation is a bit more complex compared to the noob we had to save from Brigandia in Susukino. We had to get a few plans figured out before even thinking of starting the operation.

Wait… You are really coming to save us? Even after what we put you through in the old world? Sasuke thought, putting his head into Obito’s back.

What are you talking about? Sasuke blinked, confused as Naruto continued. I should be the one apologizing. If I hadn’t completely gave up on being a ninja with realizing I could not hide my real self through role-I mean by, acting the way I was, none of you would have ended up in this situation… Okay, maybe with Gaara ended up here through logging in by mistake on my computer. I was just tired of that same back and forth between keeping people away or hurting those around me. I just couldn’t take it anymore and even let my anger off at the sensei. Can you forgive me for the mess I put you all in?

Keeping people away? Sasuke thought, before chuckling. Hurting those around you?

“Ah, Sasuke, you alright?” Isuzu asked before recoiling when Sasuke burst into full laughter.

“I think he just went insane. Can someone else carrying him?” Obito asked, very disturbed and scared with looking at Sasuke.

You’re a baka, though and though.

Eh?! I am trying to apologize here! Naruto shouted in his head. It’s my fault you're even here, but you’re calling me a baka! So mean!

That’s right. Because, you didn’t hurt anyone. In fact, it’s the opposite. We hurt you in the old world, never really helping you and such. I’m the worst as I am the real person who has been hurting people and keeping them away. It took being in this world to realize how pathetic and weak I have become. All because I let hatred get the best of me. I even wonder if I am worth being saved. Sasuke let out a sigh, looking up at the rain above.

You do. Everyone deserves a chance at a happy, fun life. Sasuke blinked, seeing something moving in the sky. Though, if you feel like me and apologetic, let’s make a deal. We both forgive the other if you accept who I really am. The Naruto you knew in the academy was actually me role-playing as the character of a story I was writing, so expect a bit of a difference.

Deal. And all I ask is a second chance after all I did without knowing. Maybe even be… friends? Sasuke thought, a bit hesitant to use the very word he feared.

Sure, though be prepared as being my friend is not free of risk. But, I come to realize I can’t keep running away from that world, especially now that the walls that this world as a game once allowed me to have are gone. Naruto chuckled, Oh, shout out Super Smash Bros. Part of deal as well.

What the hell is that and why would I shout it out? Sasuke thought. Is it some kind of special technique?

No. Just seeing is Seta-perv will do something he promised when things were different. Just do it and relaxed.

“Alright…” Sasuke grumbled, getting odd looks from the people around him. “Super Smash Bros!” Sasuke shouted, making everyone stop fighting.

“The hell?” One of the PKers asked.

“Why the hell he shout out a game title?” A Summoner of West Wind Brigade asked, making Sasuke trembled as his face turn red from all the stares he was getting.

Now I see why he called you an asshole! Sasuke thought in embarrassment before hearing a whistle.

“Everyone fall back!” Seta shouted, confusing the girls.

“What the hell? Master! If fall back, we lose!” A female monk shouted.

“Just do it!” Seta shouted for his members to move back, excitement oddly in his voice.

“Giving up, huh?” One of the PKers asked, all of them becoming cocky and grinning smugly.

“Nope! Just clearing the field for sempai!” Seta chimed holding his hand up happily like a child.

“Sempai?” Kyouko asked, confused.

“My lord, he’s actually going to do what the NEET asked him to do for PVP combat.” Nazuna groaned, putting her hand to her forehead.

“You know what is going on?” Rin asked, Touya and Isuzu also giving the woman confused expressions.

“Yep. Sit back and enjoy the show. You’re about to see the End Game Boss appear.” Nazuna sighed as Seta flipped his blade to where he was holding the sword upside down.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Ready for a Smash?” Seta howled, holding his sword's hilt like a mic and pointing at the PKers.

“What?” One Pker asked, all them in complete shock.

“And Soujiro being the lovable idiot he is.” Nazuna sighed, giving an understanding look at Sasuke and the others own dumbfounded faces.

“That’s it. This place is full of crazy people.” Obito cried, trembling in horror.

“The opponent are these disrespectful blokes who think that can take on the challenge? Can they do it?” Seta chimed, doing a host pose while pointing at the PKers.

“Why you little bastard! Get him!” The PKers roared, heading straight for the samurai.

“He’s going to die!” Touya shouted.

“Force Summon: Will-o-Wisps!” Everyone stopped with hearing a shout. “Burning Tornado!”

“Warning! New challenger approaches!” Seta shouted as the PKers noticing a glow above them before looking up with the others. “Las Boss dives into battle!” Seta shouted as s twister of fire hit right in the middle of the PKer group. Eight whipping tails sprung from the flames, easily killing or knocking back the PKers unlucky enough to be in their path before the flames began to died down.

“Ku ku ku.” Sasuke trembled, seeing the man staring among the remaining flames, a hood over his head. The gleam from his glasses hid his eyes, only allowing his sick, large grin to be seen. He was hanging loosely off a long spear with eight long tails coming off the blade snaking around, ready to strike. “My, my, what a surprise. So many pigs to the slaughter. Do you think you can survive facing the mighty Otherworldly Sage, he who has travelled between two worlds? Las Boss of Log Horizon!”

To-be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 639 13
Long ago there was once a powerful dark guild which Y/n was apart of it. He had no family, no friends or anyone he is related. He was taken since he...
19.9K 765 25
After experiencing a strange, bizarre event back at his home, our MC must now face challenges that might lead to his demise. Gifted with powers that...
51 4 33
The most powerful and advanced race in the chaos universe has sent its state-of-the-art research ship into space to search for inhabited planets and...
2.7K 119 13
I glared at the old man. These humans... They took me away from my pack. I don't know what they want, but I will not submit to their desires. "So we...