Log Horizon: Alien Chronicles...

By Auto-nin

-Updated on Fridays- On the day the twelve expansion, Homesteading in the Noosphere, of Elder Tales launched... More

Ch.1 Edited
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch. 18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch.22
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
Ch.37
Ch.38
Ch. 39
Ch.40-Epilogue

Ch.23

245 5 0
By Auto-nin

Authornote: Howdy! The good news is my personal business is over. Bad news is my posting schedule is changing. Partly due to my internet router dying a slow death, but also due to my work schedule is changing. So far, looks like it will be either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday when the new weekly post day will be. In fact, the next few weeks, the posting date will possibly be sporadic between though three days even though I will be keeping up posting weekly. This is the last Friday post, but hope to getting a new weekly posting going pretty quickly once my work schedule becomes set again. Hope you all enjoy this chapter and have a great weekend!

I am not good with kids. Shiroe thought, finding the shrilling cry filling the barn really taking a toll on his head. But, Naotsugu is outright a dunce at childcare.

“Hey, hey! This is not time for a cry festival!” Naotsugu panicked trying to calm the crying Gaara. “It’s alright. You’re safe. Or are you hungry? Please stop crying?” Naotsugu begged, crying from his own splitting headache when the crying got worse.

How is Boss still sleeping with all this ruckus? Shiroe sighed, looking at Akatsuki. Why didn't I think of that? Shiroe thought, seeing Akatsuki had what looked to be cotton in her ears, possibly a fluffy crafting ingredient.

“This is completely different than the information I have on Gaara.” Itachi&Kisame sighed, her fingers in her ears. “The kid was basically a stoic sociopath, not a crying machine!”

Wait, this kid was a sociopath? Shiroe through, seeing Serara getting close to Gaara.

“H-Hey, what’s wrong?” Serara stuttered, kneeled down to eye level with the boy. “We can’t help you if you don’t tell us.”

“Hic…” Relief washed over Shiroe’s body as Gaara stopped wailing, now sobbing and breathing hard while looking at Serara. “U-Uncle Y-Yashamaru…” Gaara mumbled while Shiroe raised an eyebrow. “W-Where’s m-m-my u-uncle?” Gaara asked, shivering in fear.

“Itachi&Kisame-san?” Shiroe looked at Itachi&Kisame.

“Sadly, I am of no help. Yashamaru must be Gaara’s caretaker since he was Suna’s Jinchuriki as his father also being the current Kazekage.” Itachi&Kisame said, walking over to Gaara. “Gaara-san, we don’t know where your uncle is, but can you answer some questions?”

“W-Why?” Gaara asked, his trembling increasing. “D-Did Uncle leave me? W-Why is everyone afraid of me!”

“Serara-chan! Move!” Itachi&Kisame grabbed Serara, pulling her back just  before a spike of sand came out from the ground she was standing.

“Stay back from him.” Shiroe said, adjusting his glasses as sand floated around Gaara as he began to cry hard again. “We haven’t visited another city or village with a Cathedral. If we are killed now, we’ll be sent back to Susukino.”

“But, what do we do? We can’t leave this kid here and have a temper tantrum festival that could kill anyone who goes near him.” Naotsugu sighed. “Also, even with that sand, there’s no way he make it alive to another city.”

“We just have to wait till he either tires out or calms down.” Shiroe sighed, looking at Gaara’s status. His level was at one.  The first new player to Elder Tales since the Catastrophe happened. But, why did he end up here? He should have awakened in the tutorial island… Wait, is the tutorial island even still around? Shiroe pondered before flinching as Gaara began to wail again.

“Uuuuncle! Where are yoooou?” Gaara screamed, hugging his tail tightly. “Why you disappeared like Shukaku, toooo?”

“Shukaku?.. No way,” Itachi&Kisame gasped, having Serara stand behind her. “Gaara-san, calm down for a moment. What happened to the one tailed Tanuki, ah, Shukaku-san?”

“He got sick and went puff and turned into things… Did Uncle Yashamara turn into things, too?” Gaara whimpered, making the group looked at each other.

“I don’t think so, but how long ago did Shukaku-san turned into items?” Shiroe asked, pale at the thought of being reminded of the fact dead players drop items as well.

“I don’t know… A few days ago? Hic Uuncle!” Gaara wailing somehow managed to get louder.

“Ah, Nyanta-san, any advice?” Shiroe looked at Nyanta who was finished breakfast.

“Sadly, this is one of those times even I don’t know what to do, nya.” Nyanta sighed, a somber look on his face. “He’s scared and confused, but we can’t comfort him because of that sand, nya.”

“I know.” Shiroe sighed before looking back at Gaara and instantly went pale.

“M-M-Monster!!” Gaara crawled back to the wall from the hay pile he was sitting on, trembling while looking straight at a kneeling Las Boss.

[Could you three please keep it down? My head hurts.] Shiroe saw the text box, reading it backwards as it was shown to Gaara. “Ha… Ha...Achoo!” Las Boss sneezed, a bit of snot coming out of his nose slightly with turning his head so he did not sneeze on Gaara.

Did he really catch a cold due to being the rain? Wait, can we get sick in this world? Shiroe thought, though the flush on Las Boss’s face showed he at least had a fever. Shiroe could see how Gaara thought Las Boss was a monster with how sick he looked. “Boss, you alright?”

[I can’t breathe through my nose, I feel cold, and my head feel like it is going to explode. Yes, I am perfectly fine as the pain is gone.] Las Boss attempted to glare at Shiroe, but it turned to more like he was in pure agony.

Correction. How the hell did you get the flu from being out in the rain? Shiroe thought in shock before dodging Las Boss’s reaching hand for his cloak. “No. My cape is not a tissue. Don’t you have some cloth you can use."

[Too tired, want clear nose now.] Las Boss groaned, looking like a zombie. [It doesn’t help you were bickering with those three new guys. Who are they anyways?] Las Boss pointed at Gaara, who flinched. He stopped his wailing, but still crying in silence.

Three? Shiroe looked at Gaara, clearly only seeing the level 1 Guardian. “Boss, go lie back in bed. Gaara is the only one there. Well, other than the living sand.” Shiroe said, though raising an eyebrow as the sand was oddly shifting in the area, seeming curious instead of harsher than before.

[The problem is with my nose, not my eyes. Did you glasses break or something? There’s clearly three people standing there.] Las Boss pouted, holding up three fingers.

“You really need to go rest. You’re seeing things.” Naotsugu sighed before seeing Las Boss’s terrified face. “Huh? What’s wrong? Shock you’re sick, you troll?”

“Ah, Boss. Run.” Shiroe said, the sand around Gaara instantly moving away from the boy and straight at Las Boss. Las Boss back pedaled, but tripped with sneezing. “Boss!”

“Wait! If you hurt the monster, it could hurt me!” Gaara cried out before everyone looked on in shock as the san oddly circled around Las Boss, seeming to study the Druid while blocking off his escape route.

[GHOSTS] Las Boss had tears in his eyes, trembling in fear. [COULD YOU GOT BACK AND HAUNT THE NOOB?]

“Ghosts?” Serara asked, confused along with Itachi&Kisame.

“Naruto, you can see ghosts, too, you OP hero festival. No, Chuuni festival.” Naotsugu stated, giving Las Boss a skeptic look.

“And you’re scared of them… At least that explains why you always steamroll any ghost or undead type monsters you saw in the game.” Shiroe sighed, getting a shaky nod from Las Boss who was trying to stay still.

“Streamroll?” Itachi&Kisame asked, raising an eyebrow. “How can a bun be deadly?”

“It’s not a roll. Basically, all out attack to wipe out the enemy as fast as possible.” Serara explained to Itachi&Kisame. “Wait, he can see ghost and there’s ghosts here!” Serara trembled, also having tears of fear in her eyes.

“W-What’s a g-ghost? I-Is it bad?” Gaara asked, keeping far from them and trembling. “W-Why is the s-sand acting weird?”

“Sadly, we don’t… Wait, though Boss could be just really sick and seeing things, this is worth a shot.” Shiroe sighed, pulling out a sheet of paper and feather pen.

“What are you doing my Lord and what is this about ghosts?” Akatsuki asked, pulling out the fluff balls from her ears.

“Ah, those are pretty effective. Do you have more of them, Akatsuki?” Shiroe asked, focused on the paper.

“I do, but now my ears are itchy.” Akatsuki sighed, getting a nod from Shiroe before he walked over to Las Boss.

“Boss, can you hear them along with see them?” Shiroe asked, getting a glare from the Druid.

[HELL NO! I AM NOT A MEDIUM! GET THEM AWAY FROM ME!] Las Boss silently yelled along with the text box. His eyes went into absolute terror with seeing the sheet of paper on the ground and him putting a gold coin on it. [NO! MOVE THAT PAPER VERSION OF AN OUJIA BOARD AWAY FROM ME! IF YOU ARE GOING TO FREAKING CONVERSE WITH GHOSTS, I WANT OUT OF THE BARN, NOW!] Las Boss tried to leave, but the sand stopped him and caused a sneezing fit for the Druid.

Oh, it’s not the flu. Just one hell of a sinus infection. Shiroe thought before shaking his head as Las Boss sat on the ground, his head down in defeat while sniffling. “Ah, whoever is here, could you answer some questions with this sheet. We would like to know what happened to Gaara-san so we can help him. Move the coin to yes if you understand me.”

“I think Naruto’s chuunibyou festival is spreading to you, Shiroe.” Naotsugu sighed, “There’s no way that sand is haunted.” Naotsugu laughed before instantly stopped when the sand touched the coin and moved it to “yes” on the sheet. “K-Kid, are you messin’ with us?” Naotsugu asked, a bit of fear in his voice.

“No. I never knew the sand could communicate…” Gaara said, slowly creeping over like a fearful kitten. His curiosity easily showing in his eyes. “What happened to Uncle Yashamara?” Gaara asked, yet the sand did not respond.

[Ah. One second.] Las Boss pulled out his notebook and his own pen. [Is this what you’re Uncle looks like?] Las Boss held up a sketchy drawing of two people who looked quite similar. Both had short hair and looked a lot like females.

“That’s my uncle!” Gaara chimed, all fear washed away as he ran right up to Las Boss. “Where did you see him?”

[... I don’t have the heart to tell you. Nor does the sand.] Las Boss sighed, putting the notebook down.

What does… Oh. Ah… That’s not good. Shiroe paled, noticing many of the group also catching what Las Boss’s text box said.

[Can you asked the sand to at least stand near you?] Las Boss let out a trembling sigh of relief when the sand moved back over to Gaara without the boy asking. [Thank you. Thought I was sensitive before, but how the hell can I see ghosts?]

“So, you weren’t able to see ghosts before, Naruto-kun?” Itachi&Kisame asked, cautiously looking at the sand.

[Of course not! I thought I did before I realized my memories could play tricks on me and make me relive moments without realizing it. It’s the very reason I can’t stand anything from horror outside horror games and even then I can only play them one time.] Las Boss pulled his knees to his chest and put his head on his knees. [I don’t wanna see ghosts! That’s why I had the company promise to never have me in any Halloween themed stuff outside pumpkins and werewolves!]

“Ah so that’s why you are never logged on for Halloween events,” Naotsugu said in shock. “Though, amazing the almighty Naruto is afraid of little old ghosts. Ack!” Naotsugu barely dodged the knives Las Boss threw at him.

“Ignore them. Could you tell me where Gaara-san was before he landed on top of Boss?” Shiroe asked, focusing back on the paper. He watched as the sand used the characters on the paper to spell out a word. “Konoha? Wait, Boss, isn’t Konoha your village in your world?”

[Yes and that might mean he was at my apartment. My computers are the only ones with Elder Tales on them in Konoha.] Las Boss sighed, slightly moving back away from the sand and Gaara.

“Other villages must have figure out Naruto’s companies and looking into him. Though, I can see Suna would send Gennin to do the investigation. Konoha and Suna has been in an uneasy relationship the last couple of years that many are thinking could be the spark for the next war.” Itachi&Kisame sighed before looking at Gaara, “Gaara-san, now that you calmed down, do you remember what happened to you?”

“Ah… Not exactly.” Gaara said, looking down while rubbing his head. “I was meeting this guy with a funny hat with my siblings and we went to this really cold place. In there was a lot of glowing boxes.”

“How much of a NEET are you, Naruto?”  Naotsugu asked, this time being kicked in the chin by Akatsuki.

“Shut it, Bakatsugu. Let the kid speak.” Akatsuki snorted.

“Why she hit the man?” Gaara innocently asked at Shiroe.

“Because he’s a moron.” Shiroe sighed, ignoring Naotsugu sulking. “What else do you remember?”

“Ah… Oh! Yes! I remember this amazing moving picture and you looked like one of the people in it!” Gaara chimed and looked at Las Boss. “He was in it as well and talking about worlds going kaboom and needing Adve? Ed?” Gaara pouted, trying to say the word.

“Adventurer?” Akatsuki asked, standing next to Shiroe.

“Ah! Yes! He was asking for Adventurers to help him out!” Gaara chimed, “Oh, and then I found this cool thingy that let me draw on the glowing boxes and found this odd thing that let me change stuff about me.”

“Character creation?” Shiroe asked.

“Ah… I don’t know. I think it asked if I wanted to change my class or something like that?” Gaara said, thinking hard.

[Back up. Moving picture. Did it have a guy in black, the lady with the girl, and me as well as a huge battle scene?] Las Boss held up his hand, through his eyebrow was twitching in anger.

“Yeah, as well as the glasses guy and the moron.  Though it had you talking a lot, though there was another pretty pictures. Also something about leaving a mark on history, showing something call guilds and party in moving drawings.” Gaara sighed, “That’s all I can remember roughly of late.” Gaara then froze up, trembling in fear as anger came off Las Boss.

[Whoever messed with that blasted reel I was forced to make, I am going to skin alive and cook them. I went through bloody hell to make that 30 second teaser for the content coming from my department. Which company changed it, kid?]

“N-Noone knows. It was on this weird thingy and the message with it said it changed, too. We only saw it in Konoha due to this Fishcake thingy wasn’t able to show us with being killed.” Gaara grumbled, holding his tail in fear.

“Fishcake thingy?” Shiroe asked before noticing Las Boss’s horror. “Boss, what’s wrong?”

[Are you saying all the employees of Fishcake Electronics were killed?] Shiroe’s eyes widen in horror at the text box.

“Yeah. I remember they came to Suna, making a deal for protection in exchange for giving us information on the weird things going on and making medical equipment. Yet, something still got past the people on guard and murdered them. Since people said a monster did it, my group volunteered to go to Konoha and investigate with the information one employee managed to leave before being ripped apart.” Gaara said, cocking his head in confusion. “Ah! Do you know why monsters have been appearing and the money turning to gold? You said you study things and you looked like a scl? Skulll?”

“Scholar?” Serara asked, though cocking her head at the boy.

“Ah, yes, scholar! Aren’t you a scholar?” Gaara asked Las Boss.

“Boss, are you thinking what I am?” Shiroe got a nod from Las Boss. “The Noosphere part of the expansion is live. Wasn’t part of the events done where your world’s server and the other servers are still separated?”

[Yeah, but this is way too soon. The other moon hasn’t appeared in the sky and the Intercity Gates are down. There’s no way for the quest to properly work like this. Though, even if players failed in the quest, the back story still keeps the two worlds from destroying themselves-Wait! Was the video-I mean, moving picture on Ustube?]

“Ah… Yes! I think it was called Ustube? Why?” Gaara asked, confused.

“The company has prevent new players from logging in. Now someone or something is trying to lure new players to log in and end up in the same situation we are in now.” Shiroe said, frowning, “Though, the question is what is happening on Earth. Is Earth also becoming part of this as well?”

“That Fishcake thingy lost contact with this Earth thingy two weeks ago. So, I don’t know.” Gaara sighed, “But I want to know what happened to Shukaku and my uncle! You know what happened and I wanna know!” Gaara puffed out his cheeks in anger. However, Shiroe noticed the sand moved again, spelling out another word.

“Scroll? Ah, Gaara-san, can you take out the items that Shukaku-san dropped?” Shiroe asked, smirking.

“Why? It’s just odd junk…” Gaara said, finding his backpack on his back before realizing something. “Hey, my clothes changed...I have a tail!” Gaara chimed, grabbing his tail and playing with it.

“He just realized that?” Naotasugu sighed, watching as the sand got the items out to allow Gaara to enjoy his new tail.

“Ah, thank you.” Shiroe took the scrolls dropped as the sand held onto several items including sandy colors claws and fur. Shiroe opened the scrolls, skimming them. “Boss, think you can handle crafting a shield and halberd right now?”

[I think I can… My nose is clearing up enough to where I can kind of breath.] Las Boss sighed, sniffling before his eyes widen. [Hey, Sand Ghosts, do you usually stay in some kind of form that is easy to transport for the noob?] Shiroe was shocked when the sand quickly formed into the gourd that was on Gaara’s back when they first found the boy.

I was wondering where that went this morning. It must have turned to sand to protect Gaara-san. Shiroe thought while Las Boss got up and stood next to the gourd.

[Let me try something that might make everyone happy. Can I see the recipe scrolls?] Shiroe handed the scrolls to Las Boss who looked at them. [Well, this is the oddest shield and spear recipes I ever seen. I don’t even need a forage. It uses Alchemy and Artisan skills for it, so this is no problem for me even with being sick.]

“That is lovely, though the breakfast I made is going cold, nya.” Nyanta chuckled, everyone jumping with realizing the werecat chuckling. “Gaara-san, do you like pancakes?”

“What’s a pancake?” Gaara asked before sniffing the air and blushing with his stomach growling.

[Let him have mine. I probably can only drink soup with way my nose is now. I will make the shield and spear real quick along with trying an experiment.]Las Boss grinned at them before sneezing.

“Boss, do you really need to experiment now with how bad your health has been the last few days?” Shiroe sighed, pondering if illness like colds and flu affected Adventurers and hoping what Las Boss was suffering from what just his allergies overclocked. I rather not get sick, especially with all we have to do once back in Akiba.

[It's more of me trying to make a compromise or else I will not be able to sleep.] Shiroe sweated, seeing the pale Druid look at the gourd.

Oh, right. He can see ghosts and scared of them. Bad combination. Shiroe thought, though now confused. But, what can he do to? Revival spells still need a body to revive. I don’t think you can use revival spells on ghosts.

“What are these?” Shiroe looked at the table to see Gaara in a chair and looking at the plates full of fluffy pancakes. “They look like bread, but puffier!”

“It technically is a type of bread. Do you live in the desert, Gaara-san, nya?” Nyanta asked, pulling out a vial of syrup from his bag.

“Yeah.” Gaara nodded, “Ah… Can I-”

“Of course, nya.” Nyanta said as the others sat down. “As Boss-chi asked, I will make him some soup once we finish breakfast. I rather it not go cold while he is working, nya. You must be famish after your crying, nya.”

“I’m sorry.” Gaara said, looking down. “I-It’s just…”

“It’s alright, kid.” Gaara was shocked when Naotsugu patted his back. “You had a frightened festival, which most kids would get when waking up in a place you don’t know. We’re just glad you’re not busting our eardrums with your voice anymore.”

“You’re not afraid of me?” Gaara asked, his confused look matched by the others.

He had a beast inside him as well. He must of been shun like Boss. Shiroe noticed the look of understanding from Itachi&Kisame, knowing exactly what Gaara was asking. But, that also now leaves the fact of what has happened to the beasts and what is going on in the other worlds?

“No. You’re just a kid. Who would be scared of you?” Akatsuki asked, her voice blunt. “Though, you’re sand is a little overprotective.”

“Agreed. But, I think it is kind of sweet that it protects him.” Serara chimed.

“Like your kitty hubby protects you?” Itachi&Kisame chuckled, getting Serara’s face to turn beat read. “Would you protect him back if you turn into a ghost? Or maybe you’ll become a cute little peeper?”

“No!” Serara shook her head before she began stuffing her face with pancakes

“Adding to the trunk some, thinking your hubby likes plump thighs?” Itachi&Kisame hummed, almost making the poor girl choke.

Yep. Boss created a monster. Please keep her at bay, Serara-san. Shiroe thought before hearing coughing and looking to see Gaara reaching for a glass, but was too short.

“Here you go.” Shiroe helped Gaara reach his glass and he gulped down the water.

“It’s too dry and airy.” Gaara groaned, sticking out his tongue.

“That’s because you have no syrup. Try it with some. Or you could be a cream cheese or butter topping festival kid.” Naotsugu chimed, pouring some syrup on Gaara’s pancakes.

“Hm?” Gaara took another bit with some syrup and his eyes lit up. “Delicious!” Garra hummed, taking his time to eating his pancakes.

“Gaara, how old are you?” Shiroe asked, remembering last night. He’s technically Boss’s age with what Itachi&Kisame-san said. We have adjusted to Itachi&Kisame-san’s name change way too quickly as well.

“Ah...How old am I?” Gaara pondered, biting on the fork while musing. “Ah, I think 12, but don’t know why that number comes up in my head.”

“Then why do you look so young?” Serara asked.

“He changed his height and body shape, just like with character creation before logging into the game for the first time.” Shiroe said before hearing what he had to guess was Las Boss cursing. “Though, can you tell me more of what is going on in your world.”

“Your world?” Gaara asked before gasping, “Wait, am I in that other world that guy mentioned. The-Thelv… Ah, Theldesia?” Gaara asked, very happy he got the word out.

“Yes. That is this world’s name technically.” Shiroe said before Gaara spoke again.

“Do ninja revive here, too?” Shiroe’s eyes widen in shock, the table going silent. “They don’t revive here?”

“N-No, it’s just… Gaara-san, what do you mean by ninja? Ninja belong to villages always died after dying in our world. They don’t revive like Adventurers here in this odd world.” Itachi&Kisame said, somewhat startled by the question.

“But, they do. Ever since the Shrines appeared, anyone who died on a mission revives. My brother revived after messing up on a mission. Also, everyday, people who were ninja and died long ago are reviving as well. It’s been causing problems for Father as civilians are also flocking to Suna and other ninja villages for protection from monsters and civilians can be revived, too. Though, you have to use those new resurrection techniques on them within a day or else they do die permanently. It does not work for non-ninja village civilians.” Gaara said, frowning. “Now that killing doesn’t eliminate most enemies, it really has made me rethink my focus which was geared towards taking out enemy ninja. I never there were such amazing skills like business that the loony who could have been living the easy life-Ow!” Gaara held his head, a wooden sculpting tool landing on the table. “Is this… pain? I don’t like it.” Gaara eye’s teared up.

“I think loony is a perfect name for you, Naruto!” Shiroe sighed, ducking down and seeing Gaara’s confused look. “You’re a crazy chu-Oh, shit!” Naotsugu got under the table just in time to avoid a good size cauldron that almost hit the table. “Why the hell are you throwing that thing!”

[Because you're a hard headed Guardian with a lot of defense. It would have easily bounce off you head.] Shiroe frowned at the snickering Las Boss before the Druid sneezed, showing he was working on the gourd. Shiroe could see the shield and halberd, which oddly looked organic and made of sand instead of metal. The shield also had a tail looking piece of fabric coming off the left side of the shield.

“He’s right. Though, a cauldron would probably win even if you fought it.” Akatsuki said, smirking at the glaring Naotsugu.

“Boss-chi, are you almost done, nya?” Nyanta asked, getting a thumbs-up from Las Boss as he pulled out some metal from his travel case. “Alright. How does some quick scrambled eggs sound with seeing you’re doing better, nya?”

[Don’t mind.] Las Boss did not even look up, busy working with what looked to be pliers to bend the melt that was turning red hot. Nyanta got up and went to the small kitchen area.

“When he’s in crafting mode, he loses almost all interest around him.” Naotsugu chuckled, “Though, that’s what he loves doing."

“Crafting?” Gaara asked, finishing his glass of water.

“Making things. There are several subclasses that allow players to make items. Boss-sensei has one of the few crafting titles, the Crafting Sage which allows him access to all crafting skills. He’s a very skillful craftsman as he has repaired my sword many times over the last few weeks.”

“Indeed, though, he’s the type of person who forgets what time of the day or even what day it is when he is working, nya.” Nyanta chuckled, coming back with a plate of streaming scrambled eggs. “Though, it seems today won’t be one of those day, nya.”

[Of course, I feel like crap and not a happy camper.] Las Boss pulled the shield and halberd to the table. [Here noob. Heavy little suckers, but it confirmed the flavor text of my weapon.]

“But, what do I do with these? Can’t I just use sand?” Gaara asked, easily picking up the shield and spear. However, he was shocked when sand came off the shield. “These are made of sand?”

[Yep. In a sense, it’s the new form of your main sand forged from the very sand you were carrying. The hardest minerals were added, making this shield with one hell of a defense. You chose a proper class with being a Guardian.] Las Boss grinned at his handy work.

Tanuki’s First Path - A Phantasmal-class shield and halberd set forged from bloody thirsty sand and tears of a passed away ghost beast. The hardest shield and spear makes the ultimate defense. Forged of sacrifice, the contract between the reborn beast and owner is that of akin to brotherhood.  Shiroe read the flavor text of the two items, somewhat shocked both items had the same text. Phantasmal sets are rare. But, then again, considering he was using sand to fight, he can easily switch back and forth from defense and attack. But it has the similar text to Boss’s spear.

“Ah, what is a Guardian, exactly?” Gaara asked, making all the gamers outside Serara sweat.

Ah, right, brand new player. Shiroe sighed before Naotsugu grinned.

“A Guardian protects his comrades by drawing the enemy and taking their blows with a high defense! Hence we play as tanks to keep the attackers and healers protected and able to focus on their job.” Naotsugu said, doing a good guy pose.

“Oh, I think I get it. I am basically the distraction, right?” Gaara asked, making Naotsugu slump over.

“Not exactly. Though distraction is part of it, your main job is keeping the enemy at bay and help whittle down their health on the front line.” Shiroe chuckled,  before seeing Las Boss holding a now smaller gourd with a simple, elegant metal holder with a glowing a small lamp cage on each side of the holder. “What item is that?”

[Heh heh! A brand new one made by me! Along with creating a new monster, hence I shall call this Overskill Craftsman’s Miracle since it only worked due to I had multiple production skills to make it work.] Las Boss chuckled before seeing everyone looking at Itachi&Kisame.

“What?” Itachi&Kisame asked, shuffling a little with all the attention.

[I mean a real monster type, not figure of speech type. Also, what’s wrong with how I role-played Itachi&Kisame in the past?] Las Boss glared at them all, his eyebrow twitching in anger.

“The constant teasing and rumor spreading seems to have been passed down. Personally, I am actually somewhat afraid with knowing Itachi&Kisame-san is a ninja if the entire old Itachi&Kisame personality becomes dominant, we would be dying of embarrassment.” Shiroe sighed before realizing what he said. Wait, why are we not using Naruko’s name? It wasn’t her, but Boss who used that character and made her. Not the two ninja stuck in Naruko have made her.

“Ah, so that’s why the teasing comes out so easily,” Itachi&Kisame said, smiling. “Though, what do you mean you created a monster, Naruto-kun?”

“Is it going to eat me?” Gaara had tears forming, trembling in fear. “I’m sorry for what I said earlier!”

Sand Sprite’s Calabash Gourd - A cozy home, but mighty weapon for the Sand Sprites that live within the blood soaked sand made from it. The sand will protect its owner, especially if the Sand Sprite is born from a love one with a burning will to protect their love ones and a Sage’s miraculous crafting skills. Shiroe blinked, rereading the flavor text. “Boss, what did you do?”

[When I read the Alchemy skills needed for the shield and spear, I remember that Homunculi are manmade creatures from alchemy and it is mentioned in the back story of them. So, I decided to test a theory as it might help me revive Kurama. And, amazingly, it worked… But, now they don’t wanna come out.] Las Boss sighed, glaring at the gourd.

“They? The Sand Sprites?” Itachi&Kisame asked before she gasped. “You turned the two ghosts into a living creature?”

[Quasi-living. They sort of a cross between an elemental spirit and a plant golem. I used a Fairy Gem Seed as a base so they have a real body instead their will power embodying the sand like before. However, seems this item became a level flexible type item and it reflexes on the two Sprites.]Las Boss began to fight the cork, trying to pull it free. [Come on, guys! Didn’t you want to see the noob again!] Las Boss yanked hard only to hit himself right in the face when the cork came off, exposing an opening bigger than two men’s fists combined.

“Hahaha! Awesome karma festival!” Naotsugu laughed before hearing the sand move in the gourd. “Ah, are you sure it’s safe to be around that thing?”

[Perfectly unless you get on these two’s bad side.] Las Boss chuckled as two chibi heads popped out of the gourd, sheepishly looking at the others. Gaara’s eyes widen with seeing the creatures..

“U-Uncle Yashamaru?” Gaara went up to Las Boss, who knelled so the boy could be eye level with the two creatures. “Is that you? And why are there two of you?” The sprite on the right nodded while the other one came out, showing a chibi body with leave like clothing. It jumped up, floating over to Gaara before landing on his shoulder and hugging him.

[That’s kind of obvious, kid. If that’s your uncle and the other one looks like him, it’s kind of clear it’s your parent. You’re mother, since that one hugging you is a girl.] Las Boss sighed, Shiroe noticed the sprite hugging Gaara had a pink flower sprouting on its head while the one hanging on the gourd mouth had a blue flower on its shoulder. [A ghost is the spirit of a dead person, often haunting something. I guess what allowed you to log in did it at the cost of your memories, probably of your chosen if you forgot your uncle died. But, they never left your side, always protecting you. I wouldn’t be surprised if that tattoo on your forehead was to remind you they still loved you.]

“T-Tattoo?” Gaara asked before feeling his forehead. Tears began to fall from his cheeks. “D-Did I kill you, Uncle? Just like Mom?” Gaara asked, trembling. “Ack!” Gaara yelped, covering his head after getting a chop from Las Boss.

[Noob, read the flavor text on the item. They love you and even became this way to keep on protecting you. I don’t think someone who killed them would be loved that much.] Las Boss smiled at Gaara, ruffling the boy’s hair.

“T-Th..” Gaara stuttered, tears flowing before he launched onto Las Boss. “Thank you!”

[Agh! Get off! I want to eat!] Shiroe smiled at the scene, watching as the Druid struggled to the boy off him.

You really need to curve that jerk side out, Boss. Though, you’ll probably make a great dad someday unlike me. Shiroe sighed, focusing back on his thoughts. Wait, if what Gaara said is true, then wouldn’t those two have revived sometime later… Or is it because they are ghosts that they couldn’t revive even here?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 43.4K 200
The universe gave me another chance after life screwed me over. My second life brought me to a world where people breath fire, walk on water and some...
437 22 9
Iroha thought she had a normal life, she has a "Happy Family" with her "Mother" and two "Sisters", however even if she could not leave Takarazaki Cit...
20.8K 1K 113
The gaming format «R.E.M. D.I.V.E» Rapid Eye Movement, Digital interface with Virtual Environments, often called «Dream Gaming». The world's leading...
67.3K 1.5K 70
Both Shiroe and Rinne are excited with Elder Tales' release of 12th expansion pack. However, during the release, more than 30 thousands of players 'e...