Beauty and the Beast (Remus L...

By curlyhead5686

Rose Marie Belle, a kind yet clumsy Gryffindor witch was starting her third year at Hogwarts. Deemed differen... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
EPILOGUE

48.

3.9K 99 14
By curlyhead5686

Rose, Ron, Harry, and Ginny were all getting ready to leave back to Hogwarts as Mrs. Weasley cried over their safety. But Rose knew there was more to it, ever since Christmas with Percy she had been really upset.

Rose and Ginny tried everything to make her happy since that day.

Including Rose trying her most outrageous faces and impressions while Ginny tried to talk about quidditch or even her upcoming O.W.L.s. But for some reason the only person who would make somewhat of a difference was Remus.

Occasionally Rose would get a small laugh from Mrs. Weasley but Remus always had his way around making everyone happy again.

"So when's the next Hogsmeade trip?" Remus asked as he pulled Rose away.

"I think it's on Ron's birthday. But I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it. After all, Katie it still at the hospital." Rose said.

"Well if Harry still has the map..."

She smiled, "I'll try to get it from him. Remind me, which way would be the best?"

"Well you could do the shrieking shack if it's not guarded. Though I doubt Filch would go near it...Or even Honeydukes."

"Ok but we've got to make plans in advance."

"Weekends? I mean, I can help you study."

"Where?"

"Didn't Zonkos close?"

"Remus, are you saying we have to break into Zonkos to be alone? If so, I really enjoy this side of you."

"Well we could do Puddifoots, though if I remember correctly you hated it in there."

"Ugh, of course. It's ghastly."

"Zonkos it is." He kissed her.

Then the door slammed open. Rose turned around and found Tonks there, "Rose, can we have a word?"

"Wait, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at Hogwarts?" Rose asked.

Tonks walked over, "I got relocated."

"Where?" Remus asked.

"St. Mungos...Rose, your father is...he's missing."

"What do you mean he's missing?! He can't just be missing! It's St. Mungos!" Rose dropped her bag.

"There was a break in over night. Dementors attacked and we think it might've been a distraction...They're searching for him but they're not doing so well."

"Well why not?!"

"Rose, he's mental. They think he's wandering around somewhere than actually considering the possibility of him being taken."

"Possibility? Bellatrix did this to him! She told me herself!"

"Ok and that's just one witness. The Ministry would never consider it."

"Take me."

"Rose you should really go-"

"Damn it, I said take me..." Rose tried her best to conceal her tears.

Rose, Remus and Tonks got to St. Mungos as everyone else went back to school. The whole floor where he was on was evacuated.

Aurors were surrounding the place investigating the scene. Then the Minister came over to Rose, "you must be Rosalie."

Rose looked over with a loathing expression plastered on her face.

"We're doing everything we can for your father-" He tried to speak.

"Everything you can?! Please, Minister tell me what the hell everything is!" She snapped as rage filled her from head to toe.

Remus grabbed her arm, "not here, Ro."

"No it's quite alright, I understand how hard these times are-" The Minister tried to speak once more.

"Not you don't! You never will be able to understand! You'll never understand what it's like to be lied to your whole life, or to not be able to say goodbye to your dying mother! You'd never be able to understand what it's like to know the truth about your fathers illness while everyone around you thinks it's just some sort of cover up! You sit on that chair high above everyone else thinking you're worthy! You'll never be worthy! You just think we're some sort of pathetic creatures while you have control over what we can and can't say or even believe anymore. Well let me tell you this, Minister...You're just as pathetic as the rest of us. So don't you dare tell me you know how it feels..." Rose got out of Remus' grip and walked out to the hall.

Remus followed out to the empty hall.

"It's so obvious what has happened, they're just to blind to see it." She cried.

He hugged her, "They've been this way for years. No matter who's in charge, it won't be fixed."

"What do I do while they're trying to cover it up?"

He sighed, "Ro, there's a full moon on the 23rd."

"No! You can't go out there!" She looked up at him, "With everything happening?"

"It's the only way. If I could-"

"If you could what? It's too risky. You could die too. You're the last person I want to lose."

"I'm just laying out the options."

"I'm not risking you're life for my father. It's not worth it. There's got to be other ways...We're just not thinking it through."

"Ok...But if it comes down to it...I have to go."

"No you don't! Remus, it's not logical thinking! Please!" She begged. The thought of losing someone else close to her would kill her. Even thinking of him going back out their mentally exhausted her.

"Ok, ok. Ro, it's alright." He hugged her again, "I'm sorry..."

"I don't want you to be sorry. I just want you to be safe." She cried, "Everything was just getting right around here. And now it's all screwed up again..."

"Rose..." Tonks walked over, "They found this." She handed her keys.

"It's to the house..." Rose examined them as she wiped her tears, "It's not too far from here actually. I'm gonna go."

"I'll go with you." Remus said.

~

They got to the house and Rose opened up the front door. Looking around, stepping inside it felt nothing more than just a house. Suddenly there was nothing else to be called a home.

Dust was collecting on shelves and furniture as picture frames holding family photos hung crooked.

Rose walked upstairs with Remus following her.

"This was my old room." Rose opened up to a pink room.

"Pink? Didn't think that was you." He looked around.

"I'm starting to think the same...Dumbledore and Mcgonagall said that my father threw out everything the second he married my mother. Said he basically went off the grid. But how can that be? Especially if Bellatrix was able to find him so easily..."

"You don't think he was...?"

"No, I've seen his arms before. He's never had a tattoo and the dark mark is impossible to cover up. Why would someone give it all up? It's a death penalty to do so..." Rose walked down the hall into her parents old room.

Remus stopped at the front of the door as Rose continued in, "what?" She finally turned around.

He stomped a few times, "It's hollow..."

They both got on their knees and pulled off the plank of wood. Rose put her wand in the hole and lit up the scene to find a long box, "There's still empty space." She said and he pulled off the the plank of wood next to the hole to make it wider.

Rose pulled out her arm and set her wand down as Remus used his wand to lift the box out.

"What is it?" He put his wand in his coat.

"That's the thing...If it was something he tried to hide why isn't it locked..." She opened it with ease, "this doesn't make sense."

"Is there at least a note?"

"I-I don't think so. Help me."

They both started pulling out books and folders along with a wand, "this doesn't make any sense. Mcgonagall told me he had given everything to Dumbledore..." Rose said.

"Unless he didn't. What if he thought it was a diversion?"

"Dumbledore told me that my father did what he had to do...What if he knew something?"

"That's probably why he wanted to keep you hidden."

"I'd do the same..."

"What?"

"All this time I've been upset at him? But for what? Protecting the things, the people he loved the most? Meanwhile I'm trying to do the same...Yet here I am crying about it." She chuckled.

"Ro, you're one of the strongest people I know. But from the time that I have known you, I've watched you become who you are. We don't grow from the easy things, we grow from the challenges we face. And it's safe to say, you're a prime example of it. That's what I was afraid of...For some reason you've lured me in and now...and now, I'd do anything for you. I would've done what your father did to your mother."

"I've always done it to you without realizing it..." She moved over and hugged him, "and now since the fight at the Ministry I can't stop thinking about the thought of losing you...You're the one person I can't live without..." She took out the note Sirius had left her and handed it to him, "and face it, you need me."

He read it over, "I never believed..." He hesitated for a moment, "Ro, I never thought that someone would be able to l-love someone like me..." He wiped away her remaining tears, "and I certainly never thought it would be you that I'd fall in love with."

She kissed him, "Can we maybe go...?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I want to see your baby pictures."

She laughed, "no, never going to happen."

"I know. I just wanted to get you to laugh," He stood up and helped her, "Listen, it's been very stressful with school and everything that's happening. You were going to cry and let it out at some point...Aren't you happy I got to be there for it?" He smiled.

Rolling her eyes she said, "very happy as you can tell."

"Well your father had some muggle cash in there...How about a treat on him?"

"Knowing him...after he said that he'd be happy no matter who I fell in love with...I think he'd approve." She took the money from him and ran downstairs with him catching up behind.

"Let me take you to this ice cream parlor that he used to take me to. It's down the street." She locked the door before they walked over, "thank you, by the way. For being here."

"Why wouldn't I? After all you've been there for me during some rough times."

"Some? Funny." She sarcastically said.

"Ok...many times."

"Improvement but you could do better."

"I wish I could but now that I have you..."

"Ew stop being corny." She laughed.

Rose was still upset about her father and all, but for some reason Remus just made her feel so much better.

She wish she knew what it was. She wished she knew whether it was the way he was able to manage things, or the way that he knows almost exactly what to say, but even so she was clueless.

It was something about him that affected everyone. Especially her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.7K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
1M 29.4K 88
She was born in the evilest prison ever created. She was taken away only after a few minutes of breathing. She was the only daughter of the wickedest...
2.9K 15 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
166K 6.8K 39
She can't stop thinking about the whirlwind romance she had this summer, but when she walks into Defense Against the Dark Arts on the first day of he...