Tricked (t.m.r.)

By Ruffle_BamBam

My name is Primrose and I was the first girl who arrived in the glade. I've hidden but Newt found me by the D... More

Author's note
1.1 - In Which She Arrived at her New Home
1.2 - Liar
1.3 - Primrose
1.4 - Bloody Pig
1.5 - Allergy
1.6 - In Which Alby Gets to Sleep
1.7 - Interruption
1.8 - Challenging Alby
1.9 - Cows and Corns
1.11 - Crutches
1.12 - In Which None Stood a Chance Against Her
1.13 - Spilled
1.14 - Slammer
1.15 - Allies
1.16 - Runner
1.17 - Alive
1.18 - Stitches
1.19 - Mad
1.20 - Indistinguishable
1.21 - Demoted
1.22 - Strike
1.23 - The Box
1.24 - Memory
1.25 - Not Oneself
1.26 - Game
1.27 - Storm
1.28 - Cook
1.28 - Intoxicated
1.29 - Builder
1.30 - In Which She Relives Her Trauma
1.31 - Reluctance
1.32 - Greenbean
1.33 - Bonfire
1.34 - Celestial
1.35 - Route
1.36 - 'Benishment'
1.37 - Crack-up
1.38 - Dead Griever
1.39 - Grievers VS Runners- Part 1
1.40 - Grievers VS Runners -Part 2
1.41 - Teresa
1.42 - Tree climbing
1.43 - Apple
1.44 - Metal Organ
1.45 - Newt's Limp
1.46 - Tag, You're It
1.47 - Aftermath
1.48 - Break Out
2.1 - The Missing Sun
2.2 - Practice
2.3 - Return
2.4 - Venture
2.5 - Metal Ball

1.10 - Lamb

232 12 3
By Ruffle_BamBam

After my quick lunch I was off to the Deadheads, claiming I found where the sheep were because of their 'baaaas' to the gladers. I instructed the gladers who were guarding the sheep to grab the lambs and make a run for it as their mother would be chasing after them until they get their lambs back.

Also, I have a lamb bouncing at my heels excitedly and one nuzzled comfortably in my hands. The other sheep were trailing behind us. For some reason, I wasn't attacked, which is why I didn't run. How adorable.

"Greenie? There's a cow blocking the broken fence." A glader behind me pants as he struggles with the lamb in his hands that wants to be let down.

"He's right. Why isn't the fence fixed yet?" another voiced out his opinion.

"Yo greenie! You do know what you're doing right?"

Not really.

"Just put the lamb inside before I put you into the bloody maze. And appreciate the bloody cow for being more useful than Gally." I rolled my eyes at them. I heaved a sigh of relief secretly when the sheep didn't attempt to jump out after the gladers released them. "You can leave, the rest will follow."

"Just sit there for a bit longer cowsie. I promise I'll have this bloody fence fixed by sunset." I told the cow when I felt it nudge the back of my leg, trying hard not to laugh at it for tickling me.

The lambs in my arms and the one jumping around my legs were the only ones that were not put back into the fence yet. I watched silently as it wobbled on its nascent legs before jumping around and falling down a couple of times, letting out a tiny squeak after it gets up by itself. The rest of the lambs stayed close to their mothers except for this one, who seemed to be having too much fun jumping onto the back of the sitting cows and using its head to bump against legs that passed by.

Chuckling slightly, I stretched my hand out and caught the running creature before it could jump onto the cow again and held it in my arms. It lets out sharp bleats as if it was protesting of being held captive. Its mother nudged my back from behind the fence and I knew it was the time for the lamb to return. The tiny lamb bleats sadly at the loss of its new found freedom but was soon distracted when one of the other lambs decides to head-butt it from behind.

This scene put my brain into thoughts. Who was the creature who started the head-butt game? The lambs or the cow?

I spent the rest of my day sitting peacefully in the pen and surrounded by lambs in general, since no one had run into any problems, but as soon as the lambs fell asleep on and around me, I fell asleep with them.

"Rosie."

Someone was poking my cheek and he has successfully stirred me awake but I was too lazy to make any movement to show that I was awake. I growled quietly when he pokes me at my shoulder this time.

"You should wake up now Rosie."

Rosie. Newt was the one who calls me Rosie. But I'm sleeping. Why am I sleeping? Wait, when did I fall asleep?

"I'm up! Sorry! The fence!"

I would have shot up from my position if Newt was not holding me down by my shoulders, thank goodness he had done that, or I would have launched the lambs into the air by accident. I almost panicked when I realized I could not see anything and thought I had become blind, but turns out, the Sun had already gone down. I gasps in horror when I realized I missed dinner, and turn to look at Newt.

"I don't understand why I did not hear Frypan's call for dinner."

"You were asleep." Newt offers a plate to me and sits in the spot next to me, fingers stroking the head of the lamb who is deeply asleep. I fell in love with the look of concentration on him.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I grinned at him before taking a big bite out of Frypan's bacon. Newt got me dinner! This is fantastic, now I won't need to starve and raid Frypan's kitchen in the middle of the night!

Newt blushes before mumbling, "You're welcome."

A voice scoffed before speaking sarcastically, "No love for Minho?" Has Minho been standing behind us this entire time? No, he couldn't have been, Minho's never quiet.

"All my love to you has flown out of the maze ever since you threw flowers onto my face." I scowled and wailed quietly in protest when he snatches the bacon I was eating away. "That's mine you klunkhead!"

"Nu-uh I actually got that bacon from you, but since you're being unappreciative..." He swallows the piece of goodie down to his stomach, I swear he did not chew. "And you shouldn't have made me wear it in the first place."

"You shouldn't have been so annoying."

"Please I'm fabulous!"

"You shouldn't have watched me sleep the other day."

"Well you shouldn't-"

"He did what?" Newt chokes on his food before glaring at Minho. "You were watching her sleeping?"

Minho raised his hands up in surrender before throwing a smirk at Newt, "Chill, I just want to see the new greenie. Heard it's a she and have to check it out myself."

"Gee, thanks for referring me as an item for you to look at."

Minho tilts his head at me, a slow grin on his face, "Well you're not a bad sight to look at."

Newt chokes.

I groaned. "Don't be weird Minho. Ew."

A moment after Minho was climbing over the pen and sat himself next to Newt and the three of us looked up at the night sky.

"What does the sky look like tonight?" I asked.

Minho tilts his head. "Dark, I can't see anything."

"Very descriptive." Newt elbows him while I laugh, "The sky has a lot of stars tonight, and it's the perfect midnight velvet. Imagine the stars are the glitter that are decorating it. There are a lot of clouds tonight, it's probably going to rain."

"I like rain, it's nice." I smiled.

Minho was quick to object, "I hate the rain, it's hard to watch where you're running and the water that falls on you hurts your skin."

"Tell us a story Newt." I requested, "About anything, I want to learn something new."

"I don't know any good ones, all of my memory has is about this boring glade." Newt pursed his lips.

"Tell me about your dreams then."

At my words, the two boys seem to stiffen, but Minho was quick to react and I pretended to not notice the sudden silence. "I had a dream that I was sucking a chocolate duck that looks like me once, with the hair and clothes."

"Once upon a time, there was a boy-" Newt begins.

"Who dreamt about a chocolate duck!" Minho interrupts.

"A boy who was lonely." Newt's voice was louder now. "He tried to find a way out of his misery, but he failed the first time and couldn't be bothered to try it again. Time passed, things change, and he feels slightly better now."

There was a long pause. I wasn't sure what the two boys were thinking, but I was thinking about how to respond to such a short story. It wasn't interesting, but at least it's got a happy ending. Well, sort of.

"I hope he feels his best soon." I yawned in reply. "So great til he wonders why he wants to find another way in the beginning."

"I had a dream once that ends with a frog jumping into my pants." Minho pipes up. "Would have klunk in my pants if I hadn't fallen out from my hammock and woke up."

"Want to sleep out in the open tonight?" I suggested enthusiastically. "It'll be fun! We can talk and talk and then laugh and insult each other."

"Why not?" Minho was the next to yawn and lies on his back with his hands folded behind his head. Newt is between us. "We're in no rush to go anywhere. Oi Newt, tell greenie about the time one of the runners thought daddy long legs is a griever."

"His name is Robert," Newt complies. "Kinda short for his age but runs pretty fast, it didn't come as a surprise when he was chosen to become a runner after trying out for all the jobs in the glade. Anyways..."

My eyelids grew heavy as Newt's calming voice lured me to sleep and I found my fingers intertwine with his moments before I finally gave in and slept. Almost every night when I had time to myself my brains would be filled with thoughts, sometimes conflicting over the simplest things and sometimes pondering about riddles that were never really meant to be solved. While I was asleep, I got the strange feeling that my body was moving on its own, but was too tired to acknowledge it.

~~~~~~

Author's Note

This chapter's ending didn't went as well as I expected *sad face* And I don't think I've captured Minho's personality very well. *cries* But I like my title though hahaha XD

ANYWAYS Will's birthday is coming soon and I can't believe he's turning 22! I was shocked when I found out he playing Gally in TMR because he was a little kid when I first saw him in Narnia. Well maybe not so little. Hehe, eyebrows :P

Love you guys XX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.5K 24
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
239K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
60.7K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
1.3M 57.5K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC