The Beroya

By AgentTorterra04

Bounty hunting isn't an easy profession. Most hunters have lost their moral compass and Y/N is no exception... More

Prologue
The Long Hunt
Securing The Package
Princess
Turn In
Unyielding
Laying Low
Unsavory Business
Backtrack
Contact
Face Off

Forged In Turmoil

2.7K 61 45
By AgentTorterra04

Lezzz gooo

This is some backstory for the main character hope you enjoy.

Y/N's POV years ago:

I sit up in my straw bed. Yet another day of farm work ahead of me. Or I might be put in charge of tending to those rebels who came to our farm recently.

I step out of the house and feel the hot sun of Na'Basa already beating down on me. Nothing like a morning heat to really wake you up.

Father: Morning Y/N, your on Bantha duty today.

Y/N: You got it dad.

My dads an older fellow. I have two older brothers and then there's the other farm workers.

We run a moisture/agriculture farm. Resources here on Na'Basa are scarce so we've had to provide for ourselves.

With my task given to me I walk towards the Bantha corral. We have 6 Bantha here. What I have to do is just to clean their area and make sure their fed.

As I start to go about my duties I notice an unusual sight. Assault trucks arrive at our farm. In a matter of seconds soldiers in white armor step out and begin encircling the camp.

Y/N: What's going on?

The Bantha start to make disturbed noises. I do my best to calm them down.

I stare at the armored men and realize that they are stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire. What's the Empire doing here? On Na'Basa no less.

A soldier with a red paldron seems to be talking with my dad. My brothers don't look happy with the situation.

Out from behind the stormtrooper steps a figure in all black. A wave of negativity washes over me chilling me to my core.

An argument breaks out between the black clad man and my brother. In a split second a red blade erupts from the man's hand held weapon. He slashed my brother across the chest.

Before I know it blaster fire comes flying into the barn where the rebels were being housed.

The stormtroopers return fire into the barn. Blaster bolts fly every as I dive to ground narrowly avoiding a stray blaster.

Soon enough the Bantha start to go crazy. Two of them get shot in the crossfire.

The blaster fire soon subsides. And then the barn is light ablaze. The smell of burning flesh reaches my nose as rebels and farmers alike run out of the barn only to die a few feet away from the inferno.

I see the stormtrooper from earlier arguing with the man in black. The man in black lifts his hand making a woman in stormtrooper armor levitate.

He then drops her and orders the men with flamethrowers to burn everything.

With what little strength my fearful state of mind permits i stand up. My body now acting on pure survival mode I start to run away.

I run into the hot sandy dunes of Na'Basa as a roaring fire burns down my home, my family, my friends and way of life.

I don't remember when I stopped running. Or how long it had been since my legs gave out.

All that I can remember was staring up at the night sky. The inky black void was illuminated by the three moons and the oh so far away stars.

My peace was short lived as my body began to ache. How long ago had it been since the razing of the farm?

The far left moon Irona is shining extra bright tonight. Which means it's solstice has just begun...meaning it's been three days since the farm was burnt.

I have been without food and water for three days. No wonder I can't move anymore.

The human body can only last so long without water.

I weakly lift my head up to see an abandoned city. I've heard stories about it before. A sickness overtook the people. But it's the only hope I have at finding anything that can save my life.

I push myself onto my hands before beginning to stand up. I can't just give up. I don't want to die here. I'm not ready yet.

I make my way into the city. My head pounds from dehydration as my stomach growls. A symphony of suffering as my body begins to shake.

And then I see it. My salvation. An old concession stand of sorts.

Thanking whatever invisible power watching over me I make my way to the stand. But as fate would have it all that remained was empty water bottles.

As if to add insult to injury I feel the hairs on my neck stand up. Acting off instinct i whip around and come face to face with the sickness that overtook this city.

It lets out a nightmarish howl before charging towards me. With nowhere to run I decide that if I am meant to die here then it will not be quietly.

It pounces onto my bringing me to the ground. All the pain and tiredness I felt earlier seem to vanish as the adrenaline kicks in.

I jam my elbow into its throat to prevent it from biting down at me. I seem to be slightly choking the beast.

With my free hand I start to feel around for anything on the ground. My fingers brush up against a rock and I grab it. With no time to waste I slam the rock into the monsters head.

It's grip slackens and I wiggle out from underneath it. I then smash the rock once more into its head before jumping onto its back and wrapping my arm around its throat.

Y/N: Just die already!

I pull my arm towards me with all my strength. The monster thrashes wildly as its ability to breath is take away.

And then it drops to its knees. I keep tugging before feeling it's head lull to the side. I then let it go and watch as its lifeless corpse hits the ground.

Y/N: And stay dead...

The fatigue catches up with me as more monsters arrive on the scene. I stare them down before holding up my rock.

Y/N: So...this is how it ends.

They charge towards and I close my eyes ready to die. But my death never comes. Instead the sounds of blaster fire ring out followed by the sounds of multiple jet packs.

I open my eyes to see the monsters dead on the ground with blaster burns all over them. A gruff voice comes from behind me.

???: Are you alright youngling?

I turn around to face my savior.

???: Are you hurt?

His armor is completely unfamiliar to me. But it seemingly speaks to me. As if the metal itself was calling my name.

Y/N: Thirsty...hungry...tired.

I feel myself fall forwards before the man catches me.

???: You got a name kid?

Y/N: It's Y/N L/N...

He nods before I take notice of the several other similarly armored individuals.

???: I'm Jax. I'll only ask you this once.

He looks down at me.

???: Do you want to come with us?

If I don't I might as well be dead. I mean what else is there left for me on this planet? A burnt down farm?

Y/N: Yes...

Jax: Wise choice kid.

He picks me up.

Jax: Let's move, no doubt more are on their way.

Y/N's POV Present:

I wake up in my ship with a bit of a jump.

Y/N: A dream?

It's been years since the Mandalorians saved me on Na'Basa and took me to their covert.

Years since that man in black took everything from me.

Taking a deep breath I take off my helmet and rub the tiredness out of my eyes. I then set about cleaning my gear.

Jax wouldn't be too happy if I showed up to covert in uncared for armor.

I owe everything I have now to the Mandalorians. To Jax who became my mentor. He taught me the way.

I stare at my helmet and then look around my ship. Pure isolation. No living being is allowed to see my face. Nor is it allowed to be removed by any living being. Otherwise I cannot put it back on.

Y/N: This is the way.

Aaaand scene

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155 10 10
It is a period of unrest and opportunity in the galaxy. The Galactic Empire expands control amid the political upheaval. Countless planets prosper or...
2.5K 49 8
Okay, I watched the Mandalorian and I loved it, so here you all go. Mando knew he was not the only hunter after the bounty, but surprised that one o...
188K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...
282 31 15
After her best friend betrayed her Firestorm wants only one thing: Revenge! And her next job offer seems just right for her dark goals! But are Jedi...