Stay ✓

By leviackermans1ut

Sasuke Uchiha and Mai Masaki used to be childhood friends. However, after the masscre of Sasuke's clan by the... More

Chapter 1: dead memories
Chapter 2: first day
Chapter 3: fallen flowers
Chapter 4: new weapon
Chapter 5: thirteenth birthday
Chapter 6: party
Chapter 7: spy
Chapter 8: complications
Chapter 9: clouds
Chapter 10: stay away
Chapter 11: training
Chapter 12: haunting past
Chapter 13:exam day
Chapter 14:squads assemble
Chapter 15:first mission
Chapter 16:hotsprings
Chapter 17:messiness
Chapter 18:stranded
Chapter 19: an understanding
Chapter 20:captured
Chapter 21:tortured
Chapter 22:late night walk
Chapter 23:curse mark
Chapter 24:panic
Chapter 25:waiting room
Chapter 26:forever
Chapter 27:trust
Chapter 28:comfortable
Chapter 29:departure
Chapter 30:failure
Chapter 31:winter
Chapter 32:back home
Chapter 33:anbu
Chapter 34:nothing
Chapter 35:mixed feelings
Chapter 36:overwhelmed
Chapter 37:crumbling
Chapter 38:impossible
Chapter 39:submissive
Chapter 40:changed
Chapter 41:stuck
Chapter 42:official
Chapter 43:brothers
Chapter 44:insanity
Chapter 45:the truth
Chapter 46:vengeance
Chapter 47:fervent
Chapter 48:im with you
Chapter 49:terrorist
Chapter 50:elimination
Chapter 52:giving in
Chapter 53: inclination
Chapter 54:tension
Chapter 55:visitors
Chapter 56: accountability
Chapter 57: our sins
Chapter 58: end
a/n
Epilogue

Chapter 51:you and I

805 27 19
By leviackermans1ut

Mai's pov

The grief I felt for my big sister was bigger than anything I have endured throughout my entire life.

When I lost her at a young age, I let myself sink into a deep ocean filled with sorrow and despair.

When I lost my only friend, I only fell into that ocean deeper, but I was so exhausted, that I didn't try to swim up for air.

When my mother stopped talking to me and my father started to beat me daily, I continued to sink and get further from the fresh warming breath of oxygen I so badly craved.

But, this.. This was something I've never felt before. I'm not even sure how to describe it. Even though my sister 'died' years ago,

This time it swallowed me entirely full.

You know how oceans are tremendously deep, that there are more pools of water that only get darker and only drag you further down into emptiness?

That's where I'm at now. It feels like all of me is finally settled on the deepest darkest part of the ocean, lying lifelessly flat on the sandy ground.

And there is no chance that I can swim up for oxygen anymore. I'm emotionally dead.

~

"Sasuke is going to be furious with you!" Suigetsu loudly warned as I frantically started to pack my only select few belongings.

I have decided to leave Taka and go on my own from now on. I have no interest in helping anybody anymore, except for myself and my big sister.

The men that killed her already died by my hands, but it wasn't enough to satisfy my raging hunger for revenge.

I'm going to kill whoever Kabuto is, and I'm going to kill every last follower of his. And I don't care if I die doing it, as long as the leader falls.

All of this is his doing. Maiko's blood is on his hands too, he's the one who's been sending these pathetic ninja after me. That means my sisters death is my fault too.

"Let him be." I lowly replied as I threw my black cloak over my shoulders.

Suigetsu groaned. "I get that your going through something right now! I liked Maiko, she was very brave and-."

Boiling irritation riled up inside of me due to hearing him speak about Maiko. My teeth gritted together and I stormed over to Suigetsu, letting my eyes burn into his.

He gulped and tossed up his hands in surrender, "I'm just looking out for you!" Suigetsu yelled, and then sighed calming himself down. "I don't want you to die too."

A slight blush creeped onto his cheeks from his embarrassing confession. My eyebrows furrowed and I stepped backwards away from him.

His words almost made me audibly laugh. If Sasuke wants to kill me, he will. But, I don't think he would do that. No matter what, he doesn't have a valid reason to even kill me. On another note, I'm not needed in the group any longer, as all of Sasuke's plans have been fulfilled.

"Listen, Mai. I believe that we became good friends even though you still insist on calling me shark boy. Taka can find new missions and such!" Suigetsu persuaded, but there's a zero percent chance that he will be able to convince me to stay in Taka.

I bent over to grab my backpack before putting it on and finally glaring at Suigetsu for the last time.

"I'm going to track down Kabuto and the rest of his pets on my own. This has nothing to do with you or anyone else. Just me."

Suigetsu's eyes widened, his pupils dilating with shock. "You believe you can muster that on your own? Are you insane?" He screamed, loud enough to alarm the remaining group members.

I paused for a moment, a sly smirk dancing on my pink lips. "Yes."

As annoyingly expected, Sasuke appeared seconds later with a bothered expression glued to his face with his mouth curved into a frown.

He seemed to notice my attire and backpack right away, because his eyes widened for a mere moment before returning back to normal.

"Just where do you think you're going?"

I huffed, "I'm leaving god damn it!"

Suigetsu silently ran out of the room to avoid further confrontation.

Sasuke stalked forward, backing me into a wall as he placed his hands on either side of my head, caging me in. He now had on a threatening face, but it didn't scare me in the slightest.

My golden eyes intertwined with midnight. But, mine were throwing daggers at his, where his were more suitably soft.

"The leaf?"

I chuckled at his incredibly stupid question. "No. I'm going to find the leader who's name is Kabuto. And I'm going to eliminate the rest of his followers."

This time Sasuke chuckled which irked me. "You're with Taka. We can help you. Don't act out rationally because you saw Maiko's decapitated head."

Hearing those words roll off his tongue no easily flashed me back to the very moment my eyes laid on my big sisters lifeless head that was dangling from that man's hand.

I started to feel sick as that haunting memory played throughout my mind.

A jolt of anger filled adrenaline rushed through my veins, causing me to aggressively shove Sasuke backwards.

"Why would you say that?! Don't forget that you ran away once to gain power to murder your own brother who turned out to be innocent! At least I didn't kill Maiko!" I boomed.

Sasuke's jaw clenched as venom laced within his onyx orbs. He dashed over to me and in a instant his hand was tightly grasped around my throat, my body being pushed against the wall.

His grip only tightened, which caused me to wheeze as the oxygen from my lungs was slowly being sucked out of me.

Sasuke glanced down at his hand, and seconds later he released me from his grasp. I fell onto my knees as I breathed heavily, trying to refill air into my lungs and my red throat.

"The men that killed her were after you." Sasuke reminded.

He didn't have to tell me things I already knew. But, I know exactly the reason why he's shoving these facts in my face; because he is feeling the same exact way I do inside. Guilty. Angry. Empty. Those are key factors to why he and I are both spouting out horrible things to each other.

I calmed myself down as I finally started to breath again, "I know. That's why I have to kill them all."

Sasuke sighed and held out his hand. I grabbed it and let him help me stand up.

Guilt pinged my chest as the words I vomited out to him washed over me. My teeth harshly chewed at my bottom lip as I opened my mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry." I quietly muttered.

I felt Sasuke's fingers trail up my jaw line before the rest of his hand grabbed my face. I couldn't help but to look him directly in his beautiful dark eyes.

"I know," He reassured, which made me feel relieved. "I.. um.."

Knowing he was at least trying to apologize, I let his actions slide. Sasuke has never been good at communicating properly.

"I know." I whispered, but just loud enough so that he could hear me.

~

My eyes cracked open as my body stirred back and forth, the darkness of the room enclosing on me. Confusion took over, as the last thing I remember was fighting and then making up with Sasuke.

I shifted my body to the right, and I felt myself bump into something. A low groan startled me at first, but the moment I heard his snarky remark I knew who it was.

"How and when did we fall asleep?" I asked while yawning.

I felt Sasuke move his position, and then a click turned on a dim light. He was sitting next to me with his legs crossed and his ravenette hair was a mess as loose strands were sticking up every which way.

I mentally giggled. I reached my hand to his hair and I ruffled it a bit, restyling so that it didn't look as messy as when he woke up.

Sasuke glared at me, but didn't put up a fight. "I guess you were exhausted because you collapsed into my arms. It's been maybe five hours."

I wasn't shocked upon hearing that, because I was indeed stressed and my body was sore and tired from everything that's been happening.

I hummed in response.

Sasuke sighed while itching the back of his neck, as his eyes reached mine. "Stay with Taka."

This came off as more as a demand than a suggestion, but since I've been refreshed with a good rest, I'm not as violent and angry as before with Suigetsu. And god knows about my stupid soft spot for the stupid Uchiha. How could I say no to him? He has my best interest at heart, and he wants to help me kill Kabuto and his men.

"Okay, fine." I agreed, and I swear I saw Sasuke's lips twitch with a threatening smile.

Then, a burning question popped into my mind. "Sasuke, do you know who Kabuto is?"

Sasuke nodded, which stunned me. But, I observed how he was going to explain so I swallowed my various questions.

"He was Orochimaru's lapdog. He did everything for him to impress him. When that ninja said it was Kabuto who was the leader.. I couldn't believe it. But, yeah, I know him."

I became even more shocked then before. Kabuto worked under Orochimaru, the creepy longed tongue snake guy! I shuddered just remembering the day he gave Sasuke that curse mark.

"Do you think Orochimaru ordered him too?" I queried.

Sasuke shook his head, "I didn't just leave Orochimaru, I killed him."

I breathed out with relief. "Is Kabuto strong?"

"Taka can easily beat him. And we can take on all of his followers." Sasuke confidently stated.

"I agree. So, when do you think is the best time to do that?"

"Let's lay low for about a week," Sasuke commanded, and I had no choice but to oblige. Maybe a break will help me anyway.

I nodded before lying back down. My eyes drifted to Sasuke, who looked incredibly handsome. Butterflies fluttered every which way inside of my stomach as heat enveloped my flesh.

"When they're all taken care of, it should just be you and I, Sasuke," I muttered, not daring to look him in the eyes.

He stayed silent for what seemed like hours,

"You and I, huh?"

~

Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...
1.1M 52.1K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
186K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
1M 22.2K 68
Your favorite anbu, hokage, jonin, and sensei. Ever felt like how it would be to date him? Hm? Well this will take place when Naruto and them are st...