๐Ž๐›๐ฌ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๏ฟฝ...

By Apple-Crispy

"How many men does it take to dig a hole?" "(Y/n), don't you dare finish that sentence-" "no no, it's okay, j... More

- Prologue -
- Bio -
- 1: Coffee breaks -

- 2: Day One Burn -

616 30 12
By Apple-Crispy

"New season soon. . ."

(Y/n) was shooked a bit by Revenant, grumbling as he yawned and rolled over to see the robot leaning over the bed and looking down at him.

"Yeah Yeah. . . The rocket's gotta launch and all, heard that Elliott is going to try and stop the launch to collect Ramya's shit from it today in the afternoon before the matches start" (Y/n) mumbled as Revenant just grunted in reply.

"They're both stupid, shouldn't have loaded the ship up to begin with" The robot crossed his arms as (Y/n) sat up with a yawn and ran a hand through his (h/c) hair.

"Why wake me up?" He asked as the simulacrum fidgeted a bit with the metal chunk in his hand, ". . . Makoa made pancakes and wanted to know if you would like some. . ."

"AWWWW, Little Revy baby asked me if I wanted pancakes in a very 'nonchalant' mannner!" (Y/n) laughed as Revenant growled "Shut up skin bag, I'm just doing the man a favor!"

(Y/n) chuckled a little longer before sitting up and getting out of bed, "Of course, I won't tell a soul that the fearsome 'deaths reincarnation' asked me if I wanted pancakes"

Revenant just left the room and walked out, closing the door behind him as (Y/n) stifled a laugh, lowering the blinds on the windows leading into his room and opened the ones that leaded to the outside of the drop ship. He quickly changed out of his night shirt and boxers into his looser fit of his equipment.

He decided on not putting on his vest, wrist gadgets and bandages, straps, or his gloves, after all he was just going to eat morning pancakes.

Opening up his blinds again, he quickly ran to the bathrooms and cleaned his face, heading down the hall to the center of the ship. Turning to the little kitchen they had set up as he quickly caught up to see Makoa finishing up the pancakes and serving them on some plates for everyone, Revenant in the living room placing with the metal (Y/n) got him, Crypto in his room like usual, Renee sitting st the table and doing a sudoku, Loba talking with Anita at the counter, and Bloodhound talking with Ajay and Octavio over the new map. Natalie working on a little gadget while occasionally looking over Renee's shoulder to see her sudoku work.

"Is Miss Mary going to be arriving soon?"

"She'll be waiting for us on Olympus instead, said that she wanted to check out the new labs they've established there for the game" Natalie grinned as she quickly shooed (Y/n) over to sit with them. Pulling out a stool for him to sit aswell, patting it with a warm smile that made (Y/n) feel at home.

He sat down with a sigh and leaned onto Natalie's shoulder with a groan "Good god damn morning bunny, how was the training yesterday?" (Y/n) said groggily as Natalie giggle and patted the (h/c) locks, disheveling the hair he had combed less than 2 minutes ago.

"Anita was a little harsh on the new recruits, but nothing too bad I think! hopefully- One was especially jumpy" The french gave a nervous chuckle "Any who, thank you for the drinks yesterday! It was nice to relax after working with thoose two"

"Bangs is pretty scary for sure, but that's what makes her so bad-ass" (Y/n) hummed in reply as Renee reached a hand over Natalie's shoulder and shoved (Y/n)'s face off of her friend's shoulder. "Enough touchy morning crap, I can't focus on my sudoku if you both keep acting like some newly weds" She bittered as (Y/n) simply groaned again in reply, "But I'm tiiiiirreeeeddddddd, Watty helps me wake uppppp"

"Shut up"

And with that he was bonked on the head by the void-user

"Pancakes are ready my brothas!" Makoa chuckled as he placed the plates down and serves a few pancakes for each as everyone took a knife and fork, passing around the butter and syrup to everyone to add to their liking (except Bloodhound who kept their helmet on and pushed their pancakes to the side to eat in their room later)

(Y/n) took a bite from his pancakes and turned to see that Ramya was misisng still.

"Where's my little modder?" (Y/n) asked as many hums of confusion and 'I don't know' echoed through everyone.

"She said she'd catch up to the old man and see if she could collect her things aswell, the robot tagged along" Crypto spun on his chair to face them, standing up and walking over, Natalie gave a bitter expression along with everyone else really. The hacker stopped in his tracks as they all looked at him as if he were some traitor, flinching back a bit, Crypto took a few steps back before (Y/n) whistled "Come over and eat, you can have mine and I'll make myself some cereal or boil some orange juice-"

"Boil?" Octavio asked with a laugh as (Y/n) smirked in reply "Always up to try new things, I'll try it out if I must"

Crypto softened up and slowly walked back over, there were no seats since nobody seemed willing to get one for him, so when he started to walk over to the storage hesitantly to get his own, (Y/n) quickly stood up, sat Crypto down in his chair and slid him to the other end of the counter so Natalie wouldn't give the hacker the stink eye the entire time.

The half-slavic slid Crypto his pancakes, grabbing a cup from the top shelf and opened the fridge, grabbing the orange juice and pouring it. Placing the glass infront of Crypto who flinched at the sudden glass in his face, slowly grabbing it as (Y/n) then ruffled his hair a bit.

"There, милый" (darling)

(Y/n) hummed as he quickly clasped his hands together, not saying anything else as they watched the legend walk over to the pots and placed one over the stove, grabbing the carton of orange juice as he started pouring it into the pot.

"(Y/N)!!" All the legends yelled at him as Octavio laughed, just to get slapped in the arm by Ajay.

"Ow chica, that hurtsss" He wailed out as Ajay continued to slap at his arm as he kept laughing.

Anita quickly walked over and turned off the flame, sighing as she turned around and glared at the russian who gave a nervous laugh. "E- experiments?" He gave a nervous shrug as he was grabbed into a headlock by Anita, "YOU ROOKIE!" She scolded at him as he could only laugh in response.

Makoa and Bloodhound released the pent up sigh they were all holding onto, worried if the situation would've escalated.

Natalie though was still pretty bitter, Renee would rub her shoulder to comfort her at least. Loba could only just smirk at the two bafoons in the kitchen who were now play fighting, Bangalore holding (Y/n) in a headlock as he had her free arm locked in place.

Crypto was still suprised how (Y/n) defended him by giving him his breakfast and seat, it was sweet. . . But the glare that he was receiving from a not so friendly simulacrum helped bring him back into reality.

Revenant was oddly quiet that entire time, fidgeting a bit more with the metal scrap as he turned back to the tv with no initial reaction.

🎑

"My! aren't you rather jolly?" Horizon, or well- Miss Mary Somers joked as (Y/n) wiped down his bloodied hands.

He had just gotten a squad wipe after killing some rookies, surprising Mary by the sheer amount of force he used against them. "Keep an eye out for any other squads, don't want them on our bad side" Loba laughed lightly as (Y/n) grumbled in reply "3rd parties, yada yada and that crap, when can we start pushing? I'm tired of nit-picking teams that just come our way"

Loba hummed in reply, "Unlike like you (F/L/N<fake last name>) we didn't go on a killing spree and leveled our white evo shields to purple" she said smugly.

(Y/n) scoffed in reply as Mary seemed a bit unnerved by theese interactions, didn't the other legends stay the two were just fine in the morning? what happened now?

Then again, it has been a few matches, maybe in a previous one they bumped heads? Ah, the old scientist wasn't sure.

"Now now, no need to grow aggressive" The ginger tried to calm them both down, just for a sniper shot to wizz by her head. It took them all a second to comprehend it as the squad ducked down behind the rocks. "Loba you didn't worry if any squads saw your black market!" (Y/n) growled as he unholstered his spitfire "Miss Somers, little jumpboost?"

"A wee pick me up!" She pulled off one of the little devices at her hip and threw it down on the ground, unholstering her r-301 and running towards it as the elevator threw her up and out of the enemy's range. Loba and (Y/n) followed behind as they slid over to the gravity lift, letting the device throw them up into the air.

(Y/n) taking a quick mid-air glimpse through his spitfire scope to figure out who was shooting at them "Octane, Rampart and Mirage are firing at us! Mirage seems to be using a triple take while Rampart a long bow" He called out, dropping and running to cover.

"My ultimate is ready when ever you two are" Mary called out as she peaked over the ledge and fired back.  "I'll grab the trident and we can make a run for it to the zone" Loba pulled off her bracelet and readied it to the trident that was parked nearby, left abandoned on part of another squad.

"You send us straight into thoose idiots instead, I'll ultimate them before Ramya can place down Sheila and Somers will have the opening to throw in our precious little Newt" (Y/n) butted in, smirking as he adjusted the wrist of his glove, "Thoose fuckers are gonna go down in flames"

S q u a d  E l i m i n a t e d

A very loud silence took over the respawn room, (Y/n) holding his head in his hands as he sat with his legs open.

Mary reached over and patted his back, "It's alright! A- Atleast we got in the top 3 and killed 4 other squads, we did well!" She tried to reassure (Y/n) who was utterly distraught.

"You tried champ" Loba ran her hand through (Y/n)'s hair to comfort him, "Though- maybe next time we push when we know that the ring won't eat us alive" She teased a bit as (Y/n) grumbled as he dropped his shoulders and head. "Hey! I'm joking, jokes, not being mean!" She panicked a bit as (Y/n) grew gloomier "I had your banners and all. . .-" He covered his face with his hands and groaned loudly "-FUUUUCKIINGGG HELLLL"

Mary laughed lightly and stood up "I'll be getting situated with the rooms now, it was a lovely match with you both, and don't be so glum!" She ruffled (Y/n)'s hair up quickly and left the room. Loba following along soon after since she had a phone call to attend from that one weird blue haired associate of hers, the one (Y/n) didn't care to remember his name.

(Y/n) stayed in the respawn chamber to finish watching the final two teams battle it out, after wiping Elliot's team, they quickly got shot at from inside the zone by Caustic. Meaning that they weren't able to pull of any heals in time due to storm damage and the enemy damage.

Tough luck

It wouldn't be long before the match ended since it was just Wraith and  Bloodhound against Caustic, Bangalore and Lifeline.

He quickly pulled up another stream on the hologram which had the fan bets and polls, seeing how Wraith and Bloodhound were being bet on for winning this match. Scoffing as a few random comments pulled up on the side of the news reporters face saying things like

'woah, gas daddy's lighting them up!'
'THERMITE THEM WRAITH, THERMITE!'
'is Bloodhound still looting? damn, slow poke'
'BANGAWRAITH 4 LIFE'
'DARKSPARKS IS A BETTER SHIP, HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THOOSE TWO TOGETHER?!'
'Enchelon <y/n> is so hot though, shame he died to ring, he was popping off!'
'Back from afk'
'Follow my lifeline fan page at @ LifeLinnne_s for arts and threads!'
'^ no one cares :/'
'^^^^ Enchelon's accent just, ugh! I love him, he could step on me and I'd thank him'
'^^^^^ Found my people ♡'

The usual.

(Y/n) scoffed smugly at the 'Enchelon is hot' comment, feeling his ego grow at the other comments that agreed with the first one.

Turning back to the match, he watched as Wraith and Bloodhound simultaneously finished off both Lifeline and Caustic, Bangalore's deathbox turning gray as her teammates were killed.

"We have our Apex Champions!" The comms chimed in through the screen as (Y/n) smirked and placed his arms around the back of his neck, leaning back into the seats.

The light sound of beeping caused him to perk up as Ajay's voice echoed through the hallway as she groaned in frustration "SO CLOSE!" She slammed the respawn's door open and walked down the hall stomping, Alexander sighing as Anita grumbled a bit and walked out aswell but passed by (Y/n)'s respawn chamber, poking her head in to see him waving her over to sit.

Reluctantly, she walked over and sat down next to him, throwing her feet on the mini table in the middle where the holgram was, unbuckling her chest plate with a sigh and letting it dangle to the side as she un-zipped the top half of her unifrom skirt. "Rough game?" (Y/n) asked with a small hum as Anita nodded wordlessly "I thought I would've had an upper hand on this map since it was so open-spaced for my ultimate, but sadly I was proven wrong by Renee's portals and her phase walk. God Bloodhound and her make a good battle pair, maybe when the duos games happen tomorrow early in the morning I can try and team up with one of them before hand"

"So you're just giving me the crumbs of their skills?" (Y/n) chuckled as Anita punched his shoulder lightly with her own laugh "What a goddamn gentleman you are!"

"Just a little something I picked up from my parents" He joked back as Anita smiled and looked at the holograms of how Bloodhound and Renee were being picked up along with the side chat "Seems like the fans are all pretty happy over the victory"

"So you're going to overlook all the 'Gas Daddy' comments and 'Soldier Mommy' responses?" (Y/n) quirked an eyebrow as Anita closed her eyes in denial and hummed "Can't see them, what a shame"

"That's one hell of a tactic"

"It is isn't it?" Anita opened an eye to see the (h/c) looking out to the hallway.

". . . isn't that gala going to be happening soon?" (Y/n) asked,

"The one in which the rich kids are going and taking Pathy and Makoa to? Yeah, what about it?" Bangalore asked in return.

"Nothing much, just got this weird gut feeling that'll be interesting"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2600 words

unedited,

WOAH, that took longer than what I intended to update

In chapter 3 it'll get more interesting, just taking theese first 2 as intros to the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
73.6K 3.3K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
170K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
157K 5.6K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...