Dark Desire🖤

By Riha_Subha1624

Ever heard of 'Opposites Attract'? This is the kind of story,which will absolutely prove that famed phrase co... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter: 04
Chapter: 05
Chapter: 06
Chapter:07
Chapter: 08
Chapter: 09
Chapter: 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Flown Rumours
Worse Circumstances
Different Character of Rose?
Questions with no answers
Kidnapped
Kidnapped Part Two
Never-ending Nightmares
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter 32
New Begining
As the Toxicity Begins
Regrettion
Hidden Opinions
Author's Note

Chapter 15

478 40 17
By Riha_Subha1624

Rose's POV
After the movie, we all went back to our respective destinations giggling about the parts which ensnared us a bit more. Well I couldn't relate to that since my mind wasn't in the theater. It was lost in someone else's eyes. I can't believe I got all delusional in the theater watching the anticipated couple beside me and the devouring each other type couple to my right. After the little war or words we had, Daisy didn't try to talk with me again and now I'm kind of feeling all guilty.

Is it just me or whenever I try talking about something that is bothering me, or something that is pestering me, I start getting all ignored and misunderstood. And then, I keep my mouth shut regarding the things which are clearly disturbing my sanity, later I end up feeling all upset and derailed. The exact things I am feeling at this moment. I looked towards my phone and saw how there still wasn't a single text from Eran. Now, this had started to feel all annoying. I see no harm in attending a movie outing with my friends. Also, given that, I never say anything to him whenever he is out with his friends all day, ignoring my whole existence. 

I sighed and pulled my hair in a messy bun. Taking my phone in my hand I started scribbling a text to him. 

'If this is you reacting to me hanging out with my friends, we are going to have an issue' I sent this text, and switched off my phone. I know exactly what to do right now. I gulped down a bottle of ice cold water, switched my phone to the airplane mode and turned off my lamp. I plopped on my soft bed and closed my eyes. Veronica was out with her friends tonight and had a stayover planned over their's so it was just going to be on my bed now. 

Eran's POV

Laughter erupted from Hunter as Ricky shoved him with a four plus card. I grinned taking a swig from the soda beside me. It was a beautiful night today. We all hung out whole day bunking our classes. I occasionally checked my phone for a text from Rose but that never really came. Ricky's mom had arranged a delicious meal part for us all. After devouring the food, we all came back out and right at this moment we were all sitting by the beach with Uno cards and snapping our other friends every now and then.

 The atmosphere made me miserably miss Rose. The sea waves crashing against the rocks, the silhouette of the white clouds being enveloped by the blue night sky, the soft breeze, the summer stench hanging in the air around us. I can't help but miss Rose and her ensnaring smile. Even though I'm yet to see her in person, but the way my eyes devour her every single seconds we are facetiming? My mind has memorised every delicate crease by her eyes, every little slips of smirk on her naughty yet innocent face, every shift in her demeanor whenever I try to flirt with her. I can almost imagine her beside me with her contagious smile imprinting in my mind, with her the breeze brushing through her brown hair locks. 

A smile stretched on my face as Hunter spilled some drink on the card and Ricky howled loudly. I cleared my throat and decided to concentrate on the game. Our picnic spread was cluttered with half empty bags of chips, soda and popcorn and some facial expressions mirroring expressions of humour, rage and anticipation on my peer's faces. 

 The summer air was thick with tension, so thick that you could almost imagine cutting through with a knife. The stakes remained as ever so high and the friendships ever higher. A mischievous grin scattered on Ricky's face as he slammed down a draw four card with gusto. "Take that, bitch!" yelled Ricky as Charlie, Hunter's brother huffed and we all broke out into colourful fits of  laughter. Charlie groaned dramatically, "Oh come on, you serious?"

Ricky nodded vigorously as I glanced towards my phone. Still zero texts. Wait a second. I grabbed my phone and noticed how my phone ran out of charge. Oh god, she might have texted and I might have never really noticed. How long has my phone remained dead? I ran a frustrated hand over my hand and growled internally, careful not to disturb the thick game like ambience. 

Hunter chuckled as Charlie reluctantly picked up four more cards, his cards are now literally pouring out of his hands, his expressions a subtle mix of agitation and amusement. And that's when I slammed my card as everyone's expressions revealed a look of utter horror and irritation at the same time. "Reverse!" I yelled while laughing like a Satan. The dreaded reverse card, a weapon wielded with cunning and finesse by none other than me. The game no doubt took an abrupt shift, a sudden turn, much like a roller coaster with a broken track.

My eyes shot towards Charlie as he frantically started to sift through his ocean of cards and a grin spread on my face. "Sorry mate, looks like the Uno deities are not on your favor today" intervened Hunter as Charlie sighed dramatically. Ricky and I continue to stare, barely able to contain our laughter as Charlie's frantic search yields no results. 

As the summer breeze deepened, the tension mounted like a tightly wound spring. Each card played was a gamble, each move a strategic dance on the edge of disaster. 

After ten more minutes of scorching silence, muffled laughters, stifling sighs and sly moves, and then in a twist that could only be described as Shakespearean, leaving the rest of us in utter disbelief, Hunter yelled with pride. "Uno!". We all growled all together, the sound echoing throughout the empty space as Ricky began marshaling the cards for another round of Uno mayhem. Truly, there's never a dull moment with this crew.

"Not anymore guys, I'm tired as hell" announced Charlie. We all gathered the cards and put them back into box and started our journey for our homes. 

Upon reaching home, I plopped on my couch, putting my phone on the charge. My knees started shaking as I waited for my phone to find it's life back. I wonder if she had texted me though, she must have. Since we didn't speack the whole afternoon, and given the way we parted she must have noticed that I was visibly upset. So she might have texted. My phone came back to life as thousands of notifications flooded my screen with no texts from Rose.

Rage began creeping into my blood as disappointment replaced it sooner. I gripped the phone tightly in my hand as the screen stared back at me, void of any notifications from her. And I could literally feel my heart sinking deeper with each passing second. One, she left with that guy around her, second she knows how much I worry for her, third she saw how I hung up being all pissed off. I really did deserve a text from her.

But there she was, with no midday check in, not even a simple emoji to let me know that she was thinking of me. It felt like sucker punch on my stomach and I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling gnawing at my insides. No good morning text, no midday check-in, not even a simple emoji to let me know she was thinking of me. It felt like a gaping hole in my day, and I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling gnawing at my insides.

 Screw this, I'll call her. As soon as I was about to call her, a single text notification appeared on my screen as I clicked on it faster than a bullet. 

'If this is you reacting to me hanging out with my friends, we are going to have an issue' read the text from Rose. I closed my eyes as utter frustration lined in my eyelids. How is any of this my fault? I quickly called her only to find her phone switched off. It was only 8pm right now. If I'm not wrong, she never stays out after the evening descends. She always keeps this part of the day for writing a poem or reading books. 

I let out a sigh filled with annoyance. My knees started to shake at the prospect of thinking how possibly could I have made her upset or mad. I refreshed my screen over and over again but there was no more texts or mails from her. I have no idea how to deal with your girl when she is mad at you or something. I tried calling Veronica but she didn't pick up the call as well. 

'Well?' taunted my subconscious. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the couch. My phone vibrated with a text from none other than Rose. 'Why do you want to talk now?' read the text, as rage blinded my eyes and I tried my level best to keep my anger all poised and under control, beneath my skin. I didnt bother texting her back because I really didn't have the energy to talk and pacify her because of something she did. 

I left her on seen and ventured out in the balcony. I sighed and took in the weather. I miss her. Yes, I agree I don't talk to her that much whenever I'm out or something but there has never been a day that we didnt text each other continuosly. I was never a person who uses snapchats and maintains stupid streaks but the second I saw how much it makes her all giddy and happy whenever I snap her something, I instantly fell in love with this app. 

Yet today, neither was there a single call, or an emoji, or a text and not even a single snap. No texts from her kills my heart in ways that I didn't even know was possible.I looked around and watched the sun dip below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and a promising shade of pink. The air was alive with the gentle rustle of leaves, the scent of freshly cut grass mingling with distant aroma of barbecue smoke wafting through the neighborhood. 

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket as I took it out and to my surprise it was Rose. I cleared my throat and drew in a huge breath, a fatal attempt to calm my nerves. I picked up the call, answering it with a very cheerful tone so that she understands that we are good no wonder what and it is really not such a big deal. 

"Hey beautiful!" I replied as she gave off a loud sigh filled with frustration, I'm guessing. "Can't believe after not talking to me for a whole day, and leaving me on seen, you are grinning" her voiced screeched. The tone of her voice seems so different as she speaks to me. Like it's broken and as if she is breathing flames, her voice is all hoarse and ragged breaths are coming through the call. "Rose, what happened?" I asked being genuinely scared. "Dont change the topic, I know you have been ignoring me all day" she replied.

I let a frustrating sigh out and replied to her, "I'm really sorry for how I made you feel. I missed you a lot today and I really didn't mean to make you feel ignored" She doesn't reply for a while but I know she is holding the phone to her ear, as I can practically hear and feel her hot breaths coming out of her mouth. I don't know why is she is so mad, but I know Iam not the only reason.

 "Listen love, my phone ran out of charge when I was out and that's why I couldn't call you or see your text also.." "That's no excuse" she shot back, cutting me off. "You always have your phone with you, Eran" "But that clearly doesn't count since my phone was switched off?" "Yeah? and what about the times when your phone is on and yet I'm left on delivered" "You know, I never leave you on seen deliberately, Rose. I either don't hear my phone because I drive most of the times I'm out, or my phone is tucked away somewhere else. Can you please just try to be understanding, for once?" 

We continue to shoot bullets of anger at each other as she renders speechless to my last answer. I know I was harsh but we both knew that this was the truth. I sighed, feeling the weight of the argument pressing down on me. "I'm sorry, love. I really didn't mean to ignore you. Can we please just put this behind us, and let me make you smile as you tell me, how your day was?" I say, as she continues to remain silent. I hear a tiny sob on the other side of the phone and I could swear I felt my heart cracking gradually. 

"Rose?" I called out for her and there was no reply. And that was my cue. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423 26 11
BOOK 1 of the ROMANCE series...🤎 If you are looking for a family drama story, this is the perfect place you landed on. The story contains a roller c...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
41.3K 3.4K 72
four girls with different dreams and different likes.. bound by friendship and determination to stay together as strong as any circle of friends coul...