"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲" |...

By PoeticCherry

(Wrote this during my Haikyuu phase, ignore the cringe.) _____ "𝙇𝙢𝙖𝙤... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER EIGHT

17.3K 526 857
By PoeticCherry

" Or at least that's what you both thought."

___

-Saturday
7:54 pm
___

"Goodnight, Tsumu. Thanks for coming" You waved goodbye at the twin, returning a wave from him. "Anytime." He smiled as he started to walk away from your house

You and Atsumu spent the whole day watching Netflix. You both enjoyed it.

You shut your front door slowly, "Liar." You whispered.

"I didn't bring my phone with me."

You remembered his words earlier ago. He had his phone with him, it was poking out of his pocket.

You didn't bother, you knew Atsumu was jealous and he was possessive.

That's the thing you don't like about him.

Being the competitive person he is.

You remembered the day where he fought with Osamu because the grey-haired twin held your hand.

"Jealous mf."

You tiredly walk upstairs to your bedroom. You still couldn't get the incident off your mind that happened earlier ago in the morning.

You dropped your phone on the water when Sakusa was about to call.

It honestly made you furious.

And more furious when you had the chance to call him with Atsumu's phone but no,

He was being a bitch.

But you couldn't hate him, he was your best friend.

You got into your room and laid down on your fluffy bed.

But, what's the big deal? It's not like he's worried for you. He only wants you for his assignments.

You dozed off pretty shortly after being upset.
___

"Sakusa-San?"

"What?"

"Are you okay? You've been staring at your phone for the whole day." His cousin worriedly asked.

"I'm fine, I'm just waiting for something." That's right, Sakusa was waiting for you to message him but you couldn't because you broke your phone.

"Something or someone?" His cousin teased.

Sakusa glared at him. "Is it a girl?" His cousin continued, grinning.

"Just someone who helps me with the school," he said, not answering accurately his cousin's question.

"kk." His cousin said in defeat.
____

-9:15 pm
____

Sakusa trailed his eyes at the ceiling, he was laying down on his bed, his phone near him.

Still waiting for you.

"What happened to her? She suddenly went offline." His nose scrunched down.

The boy was worried. He had a lot of questions in his mind and a lot of assumptions about what happened to you.

"Was it a prank?"

"Was she nervous?"

"Does she dislike me?"

"Did she get kidnapped?"

"Did she get injured?"

The boy was indeed worried.

For the past days, he was busy. No, not because of school or volleyball.

But something else.

Which was your name, he swore he heard it before.

Or was he just being delusional?

But your name was stuck on his mind since the day you two first chatted.

It was so familiar that it irked him a lot.

"(L/n) (F/n)."

___
-Last two years before.
December
4:20 pm

It was that time of the year. Winter, Christmas coming.

It was the last day of class before winter break.

"Sakusa, where are you going?" The cousin of the germaphobe boy asked.

"I'm gonna get something in my locker." Sakusa then walked back to the school building, heading to his locker.

He arrived and opened his locker, the smell of sanitizer hits his nose making him calm.

He grabbed his folded scarf and wrapped himself with it.

"It's not yet snowing but they say it'll be expected today." He sighed, closing his locker peacefully until he heard someone yelling.

"(L/n) (F/n)!"

The voice echoed through the hallways catching the clean freak's attention.

There you were, entering in his gaze.

You were running with a bunch of folders in your hand. "shit, shit, shit." you muttered underneath your hasty breath.

At the moment, you were trying to enroll for high school in Itachiyama in the early week of December. You already took the exams and you were about to see the results.

Why did you enroll so early? Well, you were excited, of course.

The germaphobe boy eyed you, his body still facing at his locker but he was watching you.

You finally arrived at the foot of the teacher in front of you. "You're (L/n)-san, correct?" You nodded your head vigorously at her.

The teacher's eyes gazed down, her brows furrowed down. "(L/n)-san, you're a bright person, I was looking forward to you." She stated.

"Was?"

"I'm sorry but your applications aren't compatible here, you have good marks on the exams but not on the process problems given to you." You frowned, your eyes becoming glossy.

You wanted to be in Itachiyama because it was honestly a great school. Good students, good athletes, and a good reputation.

"You can enroll here again in your second year if you want to."

No, you had no plans and you weren't sure. You only liked Itachiyama because of its volleyball club.

"Maybe I can go with mom's plan, go to Inarizaki instead."

You shook your head, "Uhm, that's fine." you whispered.

But honestly, you did want to enter Itachiyama. You were so desperate but you were rejected.

The teacher bid her goodbye to you and left you in the hallways. You stared outside the window, the cold atmosphere outside made you unhappy.

Sakusa watched you be unhappy, the boy felt bad for you but he didn't want to be a bother.

He closed his locker and walked through the hallway, glancing at you as he passes by.

And as you turned back, your eyes met up with his, making him flinch and stop at his tracks.

"Shit, why did I stop?"

You glanced at him with your saddened look. He awkwardly stared at you. Both of you were staring at each other.

He faked a cough, averting his eyes away from yours. "..Good luck next time." He mumbled, warmth thriving on his cheeks from embarrassment.

You looked at him, giving him a thin smile. "Thank you." Your mood suddenly altered, you were pleased that someone was supporting you.

The students from the hallways awed looking at the windows, making both of you peek at the window.

It was snowing, "The first fall of snow." You whispered. Sakusa heard it, taking a glimpse at you before staring back at the window.

Right.

Again.

They say when you're with someone during the first fall of snow. You two were meant for each other, simply saying that you two were soulmates.

Even if you two were still strangers, more or less.

-One year later
December.

"Oi, come on. We're gonna miss the train." Sakusa said with an irritated tone. "Wait, let me go to the bathroom first!" His cousin, Komori, whined as he quickly dashes away, heading to the bathroom.

The boy who was left behind sighed, adjusting his scarf.

"Wait, (F/n) - chan. Can you wait here for a moment?"

"Sure!"

"(F/n.)? That's familiar." Sakusa looked in front of his direction, another station just across the station he's in. He found you, standing, your hands shoved into your pockets.

Strands of hair fell in front of your face, earning him a thin chuckle from his mouth.

He watches you as you tug your strands behind your ear. You were beautiful.

Truly beautiful, you didn't even have to try.

This feeling felt familiar to him, hasn't he seen her before?

Or heard her name before?

The boy was unsure, he looked away, focusing on what was below him. Which was the train tracks, nothing more.

His eyes squinted in disgust as he saw the rusty railings. "I hate that.."

Snow.

Snow fell, the first fall happened earlier ago.

Your eyes caught on the snow falling.

Sakusa looked up at the sky, watching the snow falling to his hair, to his face, to his clothes.

You glanced up, your eyes gaze up to the snow. You liked them, falling on your soft features.

You heard the train's horns, the floor slightly rumbling.

Making both of you looked down and stare across each other. Your expression was soft and calm, yet you felt your heart throbbing.

Sakusa's mood shifted, his brows lifted gazing at you. You were so familiar, his temperature rises as his heartbeat fast.

"What?"

The train arrived, shutting off both of your views at each other.

You froze before snapping back to reality. You were perplexed but you shrugged the feeling off, it was odd but it was nothing.

"(F/n)-chan, I bought us hot choco." Atsumu arrived back just in time.

"Oh, sweet!" You exclaimed happily.

The masked boy stood there with a stunned reaction, he didn't even hear his cousin coming.

"Oi, Sakusa-San! You alright?" His cousin waved his hand in front of Sakusa, making him snap back to reality.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, I was staring at the train tracks." He said, softening his face.

"That's... Weird."

"Shut up."

____

Was this a coincidence? Was it fate? Was it a soulmate's thing? Does having a soulmate exist?

Is there some type of explanation?

I don't know.

But I don't think soulmates do exist.

Just... Time.

The right time.

-To be continued

___

Author's note:
I like how this book started as a frikin crack head energy text fic to a freaking soulmate troupe kind of idea, but this isn't about soulmates 😭

I just needed to put some story to it because it doesn't look like this book had no plot. TuT

Tbh, this book wasn't supposed to be serious but the views went 500+ quickly.

So uh. Thank you guys, I appreciate it a lot. ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 14.6K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
18.7K 732 7
( 𝑯𝒂𝒊𝒌𝒚𝒖𝒖 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ) .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。 "...𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒." ➙ As the manager of the Inariz...
596K 14.2K 34
A slow burn fanfic in which a germaphobe setter and a germaphobe ace meet each other in the All-Japan Youth Training Camp despite being in the same s...
664K 23.3K 63
(L/n), (F/n), a second year, just got back from studying abroad and enrolled at Karasuno High School, where she becomes close with a delinquent looki...