Fated Destiny Book Three

De FatedWriter

In the year 2025 Chaldea Security Organization has completed the Second Grand Order postponing Humanities des... Mai multe

Chapter One: The Rocky Road Ahead
Chapter Two: No Rest For The Weary
Chapter Three: Queen Takes King
Chapter Four: Transferring Command
Chapter Five: Homeward Bound
Chapter Six: A Fated Partnership
Chapter Seven: A Fated Partnership Part II
Chapter Eight: A Day In The Life Of A Saint
Chapter Nine: Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Ten: Revelations
Chapter Eleven: Hunted
Chapter Twelve: The Alaskan Heist
Chapter Thirteen: Home At Last
Chapter Fourteen: Following In His Footsteps
Chapter Fifteen: The Ride Back
Chapter Sixteen: Deception, Blood, and False Truths
Chapter Seventeen: Bedside Chat
Chapter Eighteen: Saintly Lessons
Chapter Nineteen: Hard Justice
Chapter Twenty: A Special Arrival
Chapter Twenty One: Misfortune
Chapter Twenty Two: The Aftermath
Chapter Twenty Four: Septem
Chapter Twenty Five: Into The Fray
Chapter Twenty Six: Family Feud
Chapter Twenty Seven: Playing Tourist
Chapter Twenty Eight: All Business...
Chapter Twenty Nine: ... No Fun?
Chapter Thirty: Per Mare
Chapter Thirty One: Mount Etna
Chapter Thirty Two: Home To Roost
Chapter Thirty Three: Imperial Expedition
Chapter Thirty-Four: Camp At Last
Chapter Thirty-Five: Unwanted Fights
Chapter Thirty-Six: Pondside Fun
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Change In Plans
Chapter Thirty Eight: Supply Run
Chapter Thirty Nine: The Proposal
Chapter Forty: Formal Talks
Chapter Forty One

Chapter Twenty Three: Into The Void

336 11 1
De FatedWriter

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by a blinding white light which caused me to raise my hand up to my face in response. Taking a moment to gather myself I slowly sat up from where I had been lying and lowered my hand from my face. My eyes widened suddenly as I looked at my hands, my hands were small and frail with polished nails, and they were paler than my own skin. I also noticed that my chest happened to be a lot less flat, as there was a pair of breast where a cupboard would usually be.

What in the hell was going on? My hands went up to my face where I felt a different facial structures than my own with the dead give away of no Adam's apple. I ran my hands through my hair and found that it was long and straight, and upon lifting my hair up I saw it was blonde, like a certain someone's. Looking back down I saw I was wearing a pair of black pantyhose, a white dress uniform, and a pair of knee high white boots. While I couldn't say for certain, I was pretty sure I knew who I was right now. Placing one hand on my knee and another on the ground I pushed myself up off the ground slowly but surely. Once I was up on my feet I looked around to try and determine where I was and.... Well I couldn't quite say. Everything around me was a white void, with no colors visible whatsoever. It was like I was trapped in some sort of room painted white, but this didn't look like any room. I knelt down and ran my hands across the floor to find it was a solid flat surface with no texture and looking up there was a bright light shone from the sky, almost as if there was a sun, but from what I could determine there was no actual sun. Looking around some more, I saw that there wasn't a soul in sight. It looks like I was all by myself in whatever bizarro world this was. It reminded me a bit like that dream I had with Alter Jeanne, but this time I was by myself. I was left standing there scratching my head as I tried to make out what exactly was going on...

"Amara!" A female voice called out to me. I spun around to face the voice but found nothing there instead. I was left scratching my chin as I tried to figure out what was going on, but before I could try and figure out what was going on the voice came again.

"Amara!" The voice called out to me once more. I spun around a bit faster to face the voice, but this time I was greeted by myself in a mirror. This caused me to jump a little at the sight of my reflection. Looking around I now found myself standing in a bedroom, an unremarkably bland room might I add. A twin bed with black and grey sheets sat in the middle of the room with its four pillows. There was a desk with a chair over by the window and the dresser that I was currently standing in front of with its mirror. While the room itself was bland, there were plenty of personal touches or signs that someone lived here such as books lying about and a violin stood in the corner. Facing the mirror once more I leaned in to get a closer look at the face staring back at me.

Sure enough I saw two diamonds staring straight back at me with straight golden hair that went down to my lower back. This time I was wearing a more casual outfit that was more feminine than I had ever seen Amara wear before. I gripped my chin and tilted my head, looking at myself at multiple different angles. Huh, I guess I really was Amara, but that was strange; I still had both my eyes instead of just the one. Not sure what to think of all this, I looked at my surroundings where I found a duffle bag sitting on the dresser, pulling the zipper back I found it was already filled with clothes and other various items. I guess I was leaving for somewhere, and I guess that somewhere was Chaldea. Looking around some more I found a photo sitting up against the window. Reaching down I picked the photo up and brought it to my face. Upon closer inspection I saw it was a photo of Amara with her sisters and mother, her father seemingly missing from the photo. In said photo Amara was hugging her sisters and mother happily, and it appeared as if Amara was the tallest amongst her siblings and her mother. I was taken aback though, because for the first time I saw a genuine smile emitting from Amara. I rub the photo affectionately for a moment before deciding to place it inside the duffle bag and zipping it close. Lifting the bag up over my shoulder I made my way over to the door and opened it preparing to walk out, but not before taking one last look at Amara's room. It had been nice to see what I assumed was Amara's room, but there was nothing to be done here. Unless of course I just crawled back into bed, maybe then this fever dream would be over. Shaking my head at the possibility, I faced the doorway and walked out...

Opening my eyes I found myself back in the white void from earlier, without the duffle bag and back in my Chaldea uniform. I looked around to see that just like last time I was all alone in the void. What had been the purpose of visiting Amara's room if I was only going to wind up back here again???

"You want to go join Chaldea as some sort of Soldier?!?" A man's voice suddenly called out to me in anger. I spun around and was greeted by the black silhouette of a man wielding a cane. "Some ambiguous organization that passes itself off as Private Military and Research center!" The man exclaimed. "Such an occupation is completely unbefitting of the heir to the Lordship of the House of Iselma, and I will not stand for it." The man, who I assumed was Amara's father, said as he slammed his cane against the ground. I felt my hand tighten into a fist as I wanted to yell at the old man for his arrogance, but before I could someone else did it for me.

"I don't care about becoming heir to the Family Title anymore, Father." Amara's voice replied, but it hadn't come from my mouth. "Not only that, but I'm done with our family's stupid selective breeding or gene experimentation, nor am I interested in doing it to my own children. I want to carve out my own destiny, and reach the Root my own way!" Amara snapped back.

"What?!? Have you gone mad girl?" Amara's father exclaimed. "The Iselma family tradition of creating the most beautiful human has been the work of many generations, and you're going to throw it all away just so you can... "Play soldier" and "Reach the Root your own way."" Amara's father mocked. "A Fool's errand if I've ever heard one."

"It may be foolish, but I would rather be free to make my own life choices as an individual than be a slave to this families collective ideals." Amara replied.

"Such Arrogance!" Amara's father exclaimed and the sound of a slap followed suit. "You don't get to have a choice in the collective life's work of a dozen generations." Amara's father snapped. "Freedom? Individuality? Choice? What a joke! Only fools care for such things! All that matters is reaching the root!" Amara's father exclaimed.

"I'd rather be a fool who is free, than subject to another moment of your abuse or torture old man." Amara retorted.

"Tch I always knew you were stupid, but never this stupid." Amara's father retorted. "Fine, go join Chaldea and be ''free"." Amara's father went onto say with a wave of his hand. "Consider yourself stripped of heir to the family title and I best never see your face again." Amara's father said before turning his back to me and the shadow disintegrated leaving me alone once more. I had been left a little bit shaken by the whole conversation, but it had given me a bit of insight into Amara and her Father's feud. Amara had wanted to be free of her Father's oppression and carve out her own path in life, instead of being captive to what her family wanted... That was something I could respect.

In the blink of an eye I found myself in another location altogether, but this time it was in a familiar place. It was a place that I had grown all too accustomed too, I was standing in the Director's office. Looking around I saw that things were just as they were today, for the most part. My vision eventually stopped on the shadows of Olga and Amara sitting at the Director's desk. I slowly approached the desk from the side before eventually coming to a stop where I was about to reach my hand out and touch one of the shadows, but suddenly they started talking.

"So you're Amara Isemla of the Iselma family?" Olga inquired.

"That's right." Amara replied with a nod of her head.

"If knowledge serves me correctly the Islema strives to create the most beautiful person to help elevate them to a higher plane, so that they may reach the root." Olga said as she interlocked her finger.

"That's what we tell people." Amara replied.

"...So that leads me to my next question: What is the heir to the Islema family doing, applying to work at Chaldea as a Security officer?" Olga asked.

"Former heir to the Family." Amara corrected her.

"I see..." Olga said as she leaned back in her chair. "So can I then assume then that you're not here with your Father's blessing or Iselma's family backing?" Olga inquired.

"I'm afraid not." Amara replied. "You won't find much in the way of financial support from my family either." Amara added.

"So then, you're here on your own accord?" Olga asked.

"That's right, I'm here of my own choosing." Amara said with a nod of her head.

"... Well I won't ask about family disputes." OIga said as she leaned forward. "So you studied four years at the Mage's association, much like everyone else. However you achieved the rank of Pride at the clock tower, which is an impressive feat in itself." Olga said seemingly reading over Amara's resume.

"Thank you, but it was nothing. I studied and worked hard just like everyone else." Amara replied, a modest reply.

"Yet to achieve the rank of Pride is exceptional, I'm sure if you continued your work at Clock tower you could have achieved the rank of Grand." Olga said.

"Perhaps, but I completed my studies and was called back home." Amara stated.

"Called Home you say?" Olga inquired.

"Yes, once you finish your magic studies you're expected to come back home." Amara replied. "That's when your work really begins in the Iselma family. You're expected to spend your life perfecting yourself and preparing for the next generation of Iselmas." Amara explained.

"I see, so not that different from most mage families in regards to work." Olga said. "So then, why are you here instead of back home?" Olga asked.

"Because I no longer believe in the Islema Family ideals" Amara replied.

"I take it that's why you're no longer the Heir to the Family?" Olga stated.

"That's more or less the reason, but I'd rather not talk about it." Amara answered.

"Okay then, I won't press the issue any further." Olga said. "So then why did you choose to work at Chaldea?" Olga asked next.

"Chaldea Security Organization offers talented mages an opportunity to do a lot of good in the world without the petty power struggles of the Clock Tower." Amara replied. "It's one of the few places where you can observe and research the magical and scientific aspects of the world in the name of safeguarding humanity, but it also offers a place where Magi can contribute their strength to protect people. I want to be part of something like that!" Amara said and Olga paused for a moment.

"You don't have much experience I see, other than working in a cafe." Olga stated.

"I know that I may be inexperienced." Amara said. "But I'm a fast learner more than willing to do whatever it takes!" Amara exclaimed passionately and Olga retreated into her chair for a moment. "While I may not believe in my families ideals anymore, an Isemla never settles for less than perfection!" Amara added, which left Olga to pause for a few moments.

"... Tell me, why are you so determined to be a soldier when there are so many other things you could do?" Olga asked and Amara was seemingly taken aback.

"W-Well I've been in my family's shadow for so long that I was starting to lose sight of who I am as an individual." Amara said. "I don't want to live in my family's shadow, let alone that of my fathers. I want to carve out my own path and make my own choices in life, not have them made for me." Amara stated. "I want to be myself, to make a name for myself, and reach the root in my own way. I want to be a free individual who makes her own choices, and that includes bearing the consequences for any choices I might make." Amara explained. "I want to fight and improve myself physically and mentally while helping others, and becoming a soldier is the best way to do that I feel." Amara reaffirmed. Olga tapped her fingers together as she spun around in her chair, leaving both myself and Amara in suspense. It was only a few moments later before we would have our response.

"...Well that makes two of us then." Olga eventually let out a sigh. "I must admit that I am also new at this whole directing thing, so I don't have a lot of experience either..." Olga admitted, which took me by surprise. "So I might as well take in a newbie like you, so that way we can face whatever mistakes we make together. Chaldea never had a large security force under my Father, so I have to start somewhere I guess." Olga added at the same time.

"Thank you Director! I promise I won't let you down!" Amara exclaimed with raised fist.

"Please just call me Olga." Olga said.

"A-Ah of course, Olga." Amara said which caused Olga to chuckle.

"I think you and I will get along just fine Amara. Together we'll break out of the shadow of our Fathers and carve out our own destinies!" Olga said.

"Yes! I look forward to it!" Amara said with a nod of her head. As they finished their discussion suddenly everything went white and my vision blurred.

Lowering my hand from my face I found myself standing in the white void once more and I looked around to see who would be waiting for me this time.

"Carve out your destinies together? Ha!" A familiar voice from earlier mocked. I looked around desperately for where Amara's father was this time. "You really thought that the two of you could make any difference in the world? Such grand ideas or notions are mere fantasies befitting of children." Amara's father stated and he was really starting to tick me off. What right does he have to tell Amara that her dreams were childish? "Nothing you do will ever change Fate my dear Amara, you'll disappear never amounting to anything." Amara's father mocked and my hand curled into a fist.

I opened my mouth preparing to tell him to shut the hell up, but then I felt a sharp pain in my neck. My hands instinctively went to my throat and my fingers were met by something wet and sticky coming from my throat. I lowered my hand from my throat where I found my fingertips glazed with blood. Eyes widening in disbelief at the sight of my blood I soon felt as blood began to stream down my neck. My hand shot back up to my throat, gripping it tightly as I tried to stop the bleeding, but my hand became soaked after only a few moments. Soon I felt a cold sensation around my lips and with my free hand I checked my mouth to find a sticky liquid coming out of my mouth, lowering my hand I found more blood sticking to my finger. With blood now leaking from my mouth I felt something coming up my throat, and it didn't take long before I began to cough up blood. The blood hit the ground as if I had splashed paint against a mural, given the white nature of everything around me. I put my hand over my mouth trying to stop myself from coughing up any more blood, but the blood only slipped through my fingers.

Not able to bear it anymore I fell to my knees where I proceeded to violently cough up more blood. As I felt the life drain from me more and more blood slipped through my fingers I heard a peculiar laugh coming from a man, it wasn't that of Amara's Father, but it was mocking my struggle all the same. Damn it! I can't die just yet, I have to find the man behind that laugh and stop him! I tried to get up, but it was to no avail and I only ended up hitting the ground with a loud thud, falling into my blood that had gathered on the ground. I slowly looked up from the ground still holding my throat, where I found a pair of black boots standing in front of me. Trying to look up to see the man behind the boots was to no avail as I barely had enough strength left in me to keep my eyes open, so instead I reached out with my hand to try and grab the bastard. That too was to no avail as my energy left me just as the boots were within reach of my fingertips, only to wind up falling back down. "Nobody will save you this time Amara; you're all alone as you always have been." The voice mocked my futile struggles; however it wasn't the voice of Amara's father this time. My eyesight was now failing me as I struggled to keep them open, however my struggle was futile and soon I was taken by death...

My eyes snapped awake and I shot up in bed, my hands going to my neck as I breathed in and out heavily. I could feel my clothes sticking to my body as I was drenched from head to toe in sweat. Realizing that I was no longer dreaming, my hand went up to my face and a groan escaped my lips.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I heard Scathach ask. I looked over to my side to see her crimson eyes staring back at me while her hands rested calmly on her chest.

"...Maybe.... Why? Were you concerned about me?" I asked after a moment.

"No, not really." Scathach replied. "But it makes it hard to sleep when you're thrashing about." Scathach said as she faced forward.

"Well sorry. I had a bad dream, that's all." I replied running my hand through my hair.

"Doesn't matter anyway, it's already seven." Scathach said as she pulled back the sheets before sitting up. I watched her back as she stood up and made her way towards the dresser where she opened one of the drawers to slip into a fresh pair of clothes. Scathach had taken a shower last night and changed out of her gym clothes into a pair of pajamas I had gotten Mashu and her for Christmas. I had wanted to ask Scathach some questions to see if she could have maybe made some sense out of my weird dream, but before I could say or do anything there was a knock at the door...

The door slid open and I was greeted by a familiar face as she stood in the doorway wearing her usual attire. Upon seeing me her face lit up in delight and she smiled her usual warm smile that I was accustomed too.

"Kyuu, kyaau!" Something cried out and I looked down to see Four standing by our feet.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well Senpai?" Mashu asked.

"No, not really Mashu." I replied as I reached up and rubbed my face.

"Oh? Why is that?" Mashu inquired as she tilted her head. "You should try and get rest whenever possible." Mashu said.

"Foou, foou!" Four exclaimed and the both of us looked down at him.

"As you can see, Four-san is full of energy. Probably from a great sleep and breakfast." Mashu said gesturing her hand at Four as she looked back up at me. "Therefore if you have the chance you should get some proper sleep. No staying up late." Mashu lectured me as she wagged her finger. "Physical and magical power are somewhat tied together ya know!" Mashu added.

"It wasn't from a lack of trying Mashu, trust me." I said as I proceeded to rub my eyes. "It was more due to the dreams I was having." I explained.

"A dream you say?" Mashu inquired. "What kind of dream?"

"Well it was really more of a nightmare you could say." I replied and I saw a flash of worry go across Mashu's face.

"I know that yesterday was rough with the rogue Assassin and killings, but you shouldn't let it affect you negatively Senpai." Mashu said. "We've got the singularity ahead of us, and we'll all be counting on you!" Mashu exclaimed trying to reassure me, but instead it felt like more weight had been added to my shoulders.

"Eh heh.... Yeah..." I murmured and Mashu seemingly saw the error in what she had said earlier and waved her hands frantically in front of herself.

"W-What I meant to say is that I'll be there to support you as well to the best of my abilities...!" Mashu exclaimed before I reached out and proceeded to pat her on the head.

"I know what you meant, Thanks Mashu." I said as I affectionately rubbed her head, giving her a smile. Mashu returned my warm smile looking up at me as I did so, before my hand eventually returned to my side.

"Well then Senpai, shall we go and get breakfa...." Mashu said just before the sounds of footsteps was heard from behind me. I hardly needed to guess who it was, since it could be none other than Scathach. "O-Oh Scathach, you're here as well." Mashu said and I looked over my shoulder to see her standing behind me dressed in a white and black sports jacket, a pair of knee high black boots, and underneath her boots were a set of tight black pants. Upon seeing Mashu she crossed her arms and met her with the usual blank stare.

"Where else would I be?" Scathach replied.

"R-Right. I forgot that you do sleep with Senpai after all." Mashu said. I had to keep myself from spitting right then and there by proceeding to cough instead. Even then I still felt Scathach's gaze burning into the side of my skull before it eventually left me and landed on Mashu.

"... It would be more proper to say I'm stuck bunking with him." Scathach said sternly.

"O-Oh, My apologies." Mashu said bowing her head. I wasn't sure if Mashu was fully aware of what she had said earlier, but I wasn't going to ask.

"...Well anyways, you were saying Mashu?" I asked and Mashu's head shot up.

"Ah yes. I was about to ask if you if you would like to accompany me to the cafeteria for breakfast?" Mashu asked. "And since Scathach is here as well, we can all go together. Jeanne should be already be there waiting for us." Mashu suggested. I was about to say sure, until I looked down at what I was wearing. I was still wearing my sweat soaked t-shirt and pj bottoms that I had slept in.

"I'd love to Mashu, but I just woke up and I still need to change into a fresh pair of clothes." I said jerking my thumb backwards into my room.

"That's fine; I can wait for you Senpai." Mashu chimed.

"I mean, are you sure? It's going to take a while." I said and Mashu nodded her head.

"I don't mind waiting!" Mashu replied.

"Alright then I'll be out in a f..." I said turning as I prepared to head into my room, but stopped short as I saw Mashu preparing to follow me. I placed my hand on her shoulder stopping her before she went any further and Mashu's head shot up in surprise. "You should stay out here with Scathach while I go shower...." I said and Mashu tilted her head still not understanding... "... and change my clothes." I added and that seemed to send the message.

"O-OH!" Mashu said, her face turning a bit red as she flustered. "I'm sorry Senpai." Mashu said bowing her head.

"It's fine Mashu, don't worry about it." I said giving her head a light pat. "Just stay out here, and I'll be out in ten minutes or less." I said before turning around and heading back inside. Scathach brushed past me as she exited out into the hallway, the door shutting behind her leaving me to the darkness of my room...

I buttoned up my collar as I finished getting dressed after a quick shower and shave. With my collar buttoned up all the way, I pulled my tie around my neck and proceeded with the usual tie tying ritual. After the ritual was completed I pulled the knot up on my tie and proceeded to straighten it out. Once that was done I buttoned up my cuffs before I reached down and pulled open one of the drawers to my closet. Inside I found my vest which I lifted from its case and looked over. Luckily I hadn't gotten shot up or stabbed in the last singularity so my vest was still usable, however I did wonder if perhaps I should switch over to a carrier rig so I didn't have to always carry my magazines in my jacket pockets. Although my current vest was less burdensome and easily concealed underneath my jacket, the same could not be said for a carrier rig. It was something I'd have to think over at another time however, for now the vest I had offered ample protection. With that in mind I pulled the vest over my head and down to my waistline, which was as far as it would go. After I had made sure that my vest was secure I made my way over to my nightstand where I pulled open one of my drawers and found my handgun and shoulder holster waiting for me. I pulled my holster over my shoulders, making sure it was fastened correctly, before reaching down into my drawer and pulling my handgun out. Pushing the safety down, I pulled the slide back a little to find a bullet already loaded into the chamber. Letting the slide snap back shut, I pushed the safety back up. I tucked the pistol into its holster before picking up a pair of spare magazines out from the drawer and slid them into a pair of ammo pouches located underneath my other armpit. All that was left to do now was slip into my suit jacket and a pair of boots and I'd be set to go. In a few short steps I reached the closest and grabbed a suit jacket from inside. As I finished slipping into my jacket, I began buttoning up until the last button was in place. Once that was done I straightened out my cuffs and any creases in my suit jacket before I took a seat at my desk. Now all that was left to do was slip into a pair of my combat boots...

"There, finally finished." I said sitting up straight once more as I had finished tying my shoelaces. Now that I was ready to go, I stood up and made my way over to door where I stopped and looked back for a moment. I wouldn't be seeing my comfy bed for a while, so it was best to take it all in before I was thrown into whatever hellhole Chaldea planned on sending me too...

After a moment I turned and faced the door where I reached out and pressed a button on the panel. The door swooshed open and I was greeted by Scathach and Mashu who were still there waiting for me. I found Scathach with her arms crossed against her chest seeming bored, or perhaps she was always bored. It was hard to tell these days with her, however upon seeing me; she narrowed her eyes in response. Unlike Mashu who was radiating with kindness as she smiled brightly upon seeing me in comparison.

"Finally you're out, what took you so long?" Scathach said as the door shut behind me. "Usually they say women take long getting dressed, but you put most women to shame." Scathach mocked.

"HarHar." I scoffed at her before turning my attention to Mashu. "Shall we be on our way then, Mashu?" I inquired and Mashu nodded her head eagerly.

"Yes, let's!" Mashu exclaimed and with that we set off down the hall.

After our action packed stroll through the numerous checkpoint stops, we eventually reached the cafeteria where we came to a stop at the edge and looked around. It was only when we saw Jeanne waving us over that we finally found her and proceeded to make our way over towards her. As we made our way over to her I spotted a cute woman with blonde hair sporting a lab coat with a pair of glasses on, whom was seen talking to Jeanne. Before we arrived however the blonde haired woman gave Jeanne a wave goodbye before she departed, heading for what I assumed was the science wing.

"Good morning Christopher!" Jeanne greeted me. I watched the blonde haired woman walk off before returning my gaze to Jeanne.

"Who was that Jeanne? Your girlfriend perhaps?" I asked cheekily. Jeanne's cheeks turned rosy in response as she flustered.

"Wh-What? A...A girlfriend!" Jeanne stammered. "No don't be ridiculous! That was my friend that I was telling you about!" Jeanne exclaimed and I chuckled.

"Relax Jeanne, I was only joking." I said raising my hands up to try and calm her down. Jeanne furrowed her eyebrows and frowned a little in response to my teasing.

"Why must you tease me like that, and so early in the morning?" Jeanne exclaimed raising her fist.

"Sorry Jeanne, I can't help it. You're just so fun to tease." I replied. This caused Jeanne to let out a moan in frustration as she collapsed onto the table.

"Good morning Jeanne!" Mashu greeted Jeanne with a wave.

"Good morning Mashu..." Jeanne replied as she turned her cheek, looking up at Mashu. I then watched as her eyes drifted over towards Scathach who was standing on my left. "Lancer." Jeanne murmured.

"Blondie." Scathach replied.

"You two are still as friendly as ever I see." I said as I pulled a seat out from underneath the table. "I can't wait for the next singularity to see how your wonderful friendship unfolds." I said scooting forward. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Scathach take a seat next to me, saying nothing in reply, but instead choosing to close her eyes in response. Out of my other eye I saw Jeanne furrow her eyebrows and frown once more.

"Speaking of the next singularity, do you know where it will be taking place?" Mashu asked me.

"I have no idea, truth be told." I replied. "The Director didn't tell me anything other than we were leyshifting there today, but given our past two singularities, I wouldn't hold out for any tropical paradise." I said, although I personally would just like to go somewhere with cooler climates.

"So about last night....." Jeanne murmured as she sat up straight. "Was there really an Assassin on base last night, and did they really kill the supposed traitor?" Jeanne inquired and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, the rumors are true I'm afraid..." I replied.

"How did an Assassin servant even get on base?" Jeanne asked next.

"I don't know." I answered shaking my head.

"Is it true that Amara was killed...?" Mashu inquired and I nodded my head soberly. "I had heard rumors that she had been killed, but I didn't know for certain. Neither Roman or the Director told me much of anything..." Mashu said before trailing off.

"It's true that Amara was killed by Assassin, she was Assassin's primary target." I said which prompted Mashu to let out a gasp.

"Amara is dead!" Jeanne gasped as her hands went up to her mouth. That's right I had told Jeanne about Amara's treachery when I had come back to Chaldea. "But that means...."

"Yes, that means she wasn't working alone." I said finishing Jeanne's sentence for her. "And it looks like her partner killed her to try and keep her from spilling what she knew." I explained.

"Do we know who it is???" Jeanne asked and I felt my grip tighten on my hands. I desperately wanted to say who I thought it was, but I knew that I shouldn't. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jeanne eyes filled with concern, and I loosened my grip on my hands while trying to calm myself.

"Ah No, I'm afraid not." I replied. "Amara didn't manage to tell me who it was before she passed." I said.

"You spoke with Amara?" Jeanne inquired.

"Yeah, I managed to save her, although be it for a brief time." I replied. "She wound up dying anyways, from blood loss according to Doctor Roman." I explained.

"I see, so we're back to square one." Jeanne said with a frown, this time it was her turn to grip her hands tightly. "Even though she was the one who betrayed the Organization, I feel sorry for her. To end up being betrayed by your own partner and killed in the end is a horrible way to die..." Jeanne murmured softly. The table fell into silence upon hearing her say that, as I think some of us might be conflicted. I don't know what Scathach or Mashu were thinking, but I certainly felt some sympathy for Amara. She met a tragic end at the hands of her own partner, after being deceived by them for the power of the grail. When all she had been attempting to do, was rescue her sister and mother from her Father.

"I feel like I've been left out of the loop on all this Senpai..." Mashu was the one to break the silence as she murmured looking up at me.

"That's right, Mashu. I forgot that no one has bothered to clue you in on what's going on. I'm sorry." I said.

"No, it's alright Senpai." Mashu said shaking her head. "I had gathered bits and pieces, but I don't know the whole story..." Mashu said.

"Well I'll explain things, but first let's get some breakfast." I said.

"Right, we probably should get breakfast before we forget." Mashu said chuckling.

"Especially since it's also a bit of a long story." I said as I pushed myself up out of my chair. With that said the four of us stood up from our table and went over to get breakfast and coffee...

"So Amara was the one who stole from Chaldea all these years ago?" Mashu asked as we walked down the hall after having finished breakfast. "And you say that she stole..... A Holy Grail!" Mashu exclaimed.

"Yeah, Amara stole a Holy grail from Chaldea's possession." I said nodding my head.

"Wow! I never knew we had a Holy Grail." Mashu said, sounding shocked. I wasn't surprised that Mashu hadn't known about the grail, but that only reaffirmed the theory that nobody had known about its existence except for Amara and her partner.

"Neither did I up until a few months ago." I said in all honesty.

"How do you suppose Chaldea came into possession of a grail, Chris?" Jeanne asked and I was left

"I'm afraid I can't answer that either." I replied. "Not even the Director herself knew about its existence until I told her about it." I explained.

"What?!?" Jeanne and Mashu both exclaimed, before coming to a stop in front of me.

"A-Ah!" I exclaimed raising my hands out in front of me.

"What do you mean not even the Director herself knew about it???" Mashu exclaimed.

"How could she possibly not know about something so powerful in her organization's possession???" Jeanne also exclaimed. The two of them were more shocked by this news than I had been it seemed.

"It's exactly as I said, Olga didn't know about the grail in Chaldea's possession." I replied. "She was just as surprised as you were when I told her about it." I said.

"That just doesn't make any sense; she is the Director after all. Isn't she?" Jeanne mused as she cupped her chin.

"...Maybe it was during the previous Director's time?" Mashu suggested.

"That's what I was thinking too Mashu." I said nodding my head. "But that's a mystery that'll have to wait for another time, as we shouldn't keep the Director any longer." I said.

"R-Right." Mashu and Jeanne nodded their heads in agreement.

With that we set back off down the hall where we eventually reached the entrance to the Chaldea Command center in a matter of minutes. Once there we presented our security badges to the guards at the gate, they let us through. The doors to the command center swept open and we were greeted by a buzz of activity as technicians and scientist scurried back and forth between their work stations. Located in the middle of the command center the Director, Doctor Roman, and Doctor Da Vinci were found gathered around the circular command table. The four of us proceeded to make our way over to them where we greeted promptly by Roman.

"Ah Good Morning Christopher, Lancer, Jeanne, Mashu." Roman greeted us with a wave of his hand. I noticed bags under the Doctor's eyes as he had no doubt spent all night working on those autopsy reports. I doubt he had gotten few if any hours of sleep before coming here.

"Good Morning Roman, Director..." I said and felt a particular gaze burning into my flesh... "... and Doctor Da Vinci." I added.

"Yes, Yes. Good morning Operatives." Olga said with a wave of her hand as we gathered around the room. "As I was saying, now that the four of you are here..." Olga said before being cut off.

"Fuwaaa..... Mornin!" Doctor Da Vinci exclaimed cheerfully shooting her fist into the air, and I saw a vein pop on the back of the Director's head. "The data we recovered from the last singularity has finally finished being analyzed in the engineering lab." Doctor Da Vinci said before being promptly smacked upside the head by the Director which caused a prompt oomph!

"I would sure hope so, as it's been almost a year now." I said tucking my hands into my pockets.

"Yes, though it's just me and this sleepy genius doing most of the hard work." Roman said as he proceeded to take a sip from his coffee mug.

If anyone was the sleepy one though, I'd say it would have to be Roman. "So please look through the observation reports although they may be a little off." Roman said as he handed us copies of the paperwork to look over. "The leyshift preparations are ready... and it looks like this time you'll be heading to first century Europe." Roman explained as we looked over the data. "More specifically, ancient Rome. Near Italy's peninsula, the Mediterranean Sea of the Great Roman Empire." Roman added which was met with mixed reactions from the various members.

"At least it's not a Desert this time..." I murmured as my eyes scanned the paperwork.

"Hmm, Ancient Rome? Really? Whhhatttt, that sounds like a lot of fun!" Doctor Da Vinci exclaimed. "Hey I want to go too~!" Doctor Da Vinci begged.

"Absolutely not, under no circumstances are you allowed to leave Chaldea." Olga ordered slicing her hand through the air, much to Doctor Da Vinci's disappointment.

"Awe, you're always such a buzzkill Director..." Doctor Da Vinci murmured.

"The Director is right and besides, you have a bunch of analysis work to do don't you?" Roman said. "Enjoy the pleasures of Rome another time!

"Mu~~. Too bad." Doctor Da Vinci pouted. "I wanted a chance to talk with the Roman emperor." Doctor Da Vinci stated. "Particularly Emperor Caligula or Emperor Nero. I'm sure we would share similar hobbies." Doctor Da Vinci stated which caused my eyes to roll a little.

"A Roman emperor..." Jeanne murmured.

"Emperor Nero..." I heard Mashu murmur from my other side.

"Yes, I agree...." Roman said before he ended up shaking his head. "Wait No, it's pointless. You need to continue helping Chaldea elsewhere." Roman said.

"If you two are done fantasizing, we have work to do." Olga said scolding the both of them, which caused Roman and Doctor Da Vinci to bow their head. "Well then are you guys ready? Transition point is set at the imperial Roman capital." Olga asked as she turned facing us.

"Yes we're ready to go Director. I just need to go grab the rest of my gear." I answered.

"Alright, but don't take too long. I want to get you sent on your way." Olga said with a nod of her head.

"Now then the Roman capital's name is Rome. Like last time, teleportation is approximate so please don't worry." Roman explained.

"I know what the Roman Capital is called Roman..." I said as I crossed my arms.

"R-Right of course, this is an alternative timeline of our own so it may be different than what we expect." Roman said, which was more or less true.

"Like last time, we don't know where the Holy Grail is located so you'll have to investigate to uncover its location." Olga explained. "As always your actions will only affect that timeline so don't worry too much about what you do." Olga added. So we sack Rome with no problems? Something tells me that wasn't the case however as the Director narrowed her eyes at me disapprovingly.

"No problem. Either way, we'll find the culprit." Mashu exclaimed determinedly.

"Great, that's the spirit. As always you're so reliable Mashu!" Roman said.

"It'll be the same exact plan as last time, investigate the singularity and correct it." Olga explained. "Search, investigate, and either destroy or seize the Holy Grail." Olga directed us.

"Understood Director, although I doubt it'll be that easy." I said.

"It usually never is, but that's why we're sending you and your team." Olga answered with a nod of her head. "I'm sure you'll muddle through it just like you did last time." Olga added.

"Thanks Director..." I murmured.

"Well The survival of human history is on your shoulders. So I hope for your success." Roman said. Thanks Roman, that's certainly not a weight on all of our shoulders. "And also for your safe return home." Roman added.

"I'll also be hoping for your success Operatives as well, the mission success relies on you." Olga said nodding her head in agreement. "And I'll be praying for your safe return home as well..." Olga added.

"Thank you Director." I said nodding my head. "We'll do our best not to disappoint you." I added and Olga nodded her head in reply.

"Yes. We will definitely return home to Chaldea." Mashu affirmed. "... I'll be taking your lead, Senpai. The success of this plan relies on your strength, Senpai." Mashu said looking up at me. I looked down at Mashu who was smiling brightly up at me. This caused me to chuckle a little, which caused Mashu to tilt her head.

"Rather we'll be counting on your strength to protect us." I said as I reached out and patted Mashu on the head. Mashu's face reddened a little in response at my words.

"No, that's not true...." Mashu murmured shaking her head embarrassed. "Actually, Senpai's sound judgment and tactical mindset will be the key to our success." Mashu said, trying to downplay her own importance.

"Come now Mashu, it's a team effort." I said. "Jeanne, Lancer, and I will be counting on you to have our backs as we cut through our enemies. A Strong offense is nothing without a strong defense." I said. Mashu furrowed her eyebrows a little, still seemingly struggling at taking compliments.

"Speaking of enemies, there will definitely be summoned servants in first century Rome." Roman chimed in.

"Perfect!" I said clapping my hands together. "We wouldn't want to make things too easy now would we?" I said jokingly which was met with mixed responses.

"If at all possible, try to borrow their powers." Olga said. "Unless of course, they are hostile. Then eliminate them downright." Olga instructed and I nodded my head.

"Doctor, a question if I may?" Mashu inquired, and Roman turned to face her.

"Sure Mashu, go ahead." Roman said nodding his head.

"Hostile servants and neutral servants. Are you able to determine whether they are friendly right now?" Mashu inquired. Roman seemed to ponder her question for a moment before answering.

"It depends on how clear are sensors are." Roman replied as he reached down and tapped a few buttons on the console of the command table. A Hologram appeared and hovered over the table showing a bunch of charts and numbers, there was also what looked like a sonar radar. "Approaching life forms can be sensed, but I'm not sure if they are friendly..." Roman said and after a while he shook his head. "No, I'm sorry Mashu. There is currently no way to determine friend or foe. Even using Shiva and Trismegistus, the best we can do is sense biological and magical power." Roman explained. "Enemy or not. We can sense spirits not part of the timeline, but it's impossible to determine what kind of spirit they are." Roman said which left Mashu looking gloomy. "However, we may be able to infer from any information we can get..." Roman said trying to cheer her up.

"...No, Doctor. I'm sorry for asking for something so unreasonable." Mashu said shaking her head. "I know it was an impossible request. But, even so..." Mashu murmured.

"Then it seems like we'll just have to assume everyone is an enemy as per usual!" I said smashing my hand into my fist.

"No tha..." Mashu murmured.

"Right, it's always safe to assume everyone in the Singularities is hostile until proven otherwise." Olga said nodding her head. "Anything less than that would be foolish." Olga added.

"Agreed." I said and then I saw out of the corner of my eye Mashu was looking at me with a gloomy expression. "Oh were you gonna say something Mashu?" I asked. Mashu looked away from me, which took me by surprise.

"N-No, it's nothing." Mashu said shaking her head. "It was just a foolish request on my part, forget I said anything." Mashu murmured.

"... Alright, if you say so Mashu." I said redirecting my attention towards the Director and Doctor.

"I'm sorry. I understand we're asking a lot from you but..." Roman trailed off. "...But I promise you with all the power that I have, I will support you all as much I can." Roman said looking up with a determined expression.

"Likewise I will support you to the best of my abilities. Providing you with guidance and instructions when necessary, you'll have the full backing of Chaldea per usual." Olga said as she placed her hands on her hips. "Of course if you want supplies from Chaldea, you'll need to establish a connection on a leyline first."

"I remember Director, we'll be sure to prioritize establishing a connection with the leyline." I said with a nod of my head.

"Good, if there's nothing else I think we're ready." Olga said glancing at Roman and Doctor Da Vinci.

"There is nothing else I can think of Director."

"I have nothing else to add Director, other than to wish our Operatives luck." Doctor Da Vinci said turning to us. "... And be sure to bring back lots of pictures." Doctor Da Vinci added with a wink.

"Yeah maybe we'll find the future site of your workshop." I said jokingly.

"Ooohhhh that would be really incredible!" Doctor Da Vinci exclaimed with sparkles in her eyes. She then proceeded to turn to the Director and beg this time with puppy dog eyes. "P-P-Please Director, Pretty please may I go with them!"

"No!" Olga snapped as she grabbed Da Vinci by the face and pushed her down to her knees.

"Uwaaa!" Doctor Da Vinci cried out as she grasped Olga's hand that gripped her face. This struggle continued for a few more moments and we all watched them fight, which was entertaining. I couldn't speak for the others, but it was amusing for me to watch.

"You have work to do! So I suggest you get to it." Olga said as she threw Da Vinci off after a moment. Da Vinci let out a whimper in response as she stood up where she dusted off her lab coat before proceeding to head to her workstation followed by the Director's burning gaze. "Ahem now then..." Olga said clearing her throat. "Head on down to the Core room and prepare to leyshift." Olga instructed us.

"Yes Ma'am, we'll be there as soon as I get my gear from the armory." I replied.

"Understood, but don't take too long." Olga said with a nod of her head.

"Right, it should only take a few minutes to get my equipment from the armory." I said giving a salute. "If there's nothing else, we'll be on our way." I added before I swung around and headed towards the exit. Behind me I heard the footsteps of Jeanne, Mashu, and Scathach as they followed in toe...

Walking down the hall we eventually reached Chaldea's armory where I headed inside leaving the others to wait for me in the doorway. I came to a stop at the counter where I rested my arms and tried to peer inside to see if anyone was home. I couldn't see any movement about the armory so I thought perhaps he wasn't in right now, but before I knew it a familiar scruffy looking fellow appeared from my left.

"Were you looking for someone?" Eisenhart asked with an amused expression.

"Yeah I'm looking for an expert gunsmith and quartermaster, have you seen him?" I asked.

"Oomph! That hits me right where I live." Eisenhart said hitting his fist against his chest. "I guess I'll have to go find your expert gunsmith for you since he's not here." Eisenhart said before disappearing behind the wall back into the Armory.

"While you're at it, can you find one who's prettier to look at also?" I called out as I leaned forward, which earned me a hearty laugh.

"Oof! Now you're really just laying it on a poor old man." Eisenhart said reappearing behind the counter. "Your tongue is getting sharper in your old age Christopher, maybe one day you might even live up to Raelin." Eisenhart chuckled.

"I don't think anyone will ever be able to live up to her level of wit." I replied with a bit of a smile. There was a momentary pause as we stood there in silence thinking about Raelin's witty remarks.

"...So then, I hear that you're going on another adventure." Eisenhart said as he leaned forward on the counter.

"Adventure is a funny way to put it." I said with a chuckle. "But I would akin it to something more along the lines of a paid field trip."

"I see... so what can I get for this paid field trip of yours." Eisenhart inquired.

"I don't know exactly what I'll be facing this time around, but I'd like something with more velocity and longer range." I said scratching my head. "Preferably something to keep my enemies at a distance this time around, last time I had a few too many close calls." I explained as Eisenhart stroked his beard.

"If that's the case, you're not gonna want a submachine gun this time around." Eisenhart said turning his back to me. Eisenhart would disappear once more into the armory heading down one of the many aisles into the back. A few moments later he would reappear at the counter placing a black rifle down in front of me.

"The M4 should meet your needs for any combat situation." Eisenhart said crossing his arms. "She's equipped with a Holo sight, fore grip, and she's got an extending stock." Eisenhart explained. I proceeded to shoulder the rifle taking aim towards the corner of the room to look down the Holo sights. Looking down the sights I saw the red circle appear as I lined things up. I readjusted the stock to meet my shoulder and got a feel for the gun as I found the safety, magazine release, and pulled the bolt back.

"She should serve my needs in this mission and probably future missions." I said lowering the rifle back down to a resting position.

"She'll take good care of you, so long as you take care of her." Eisenhart said with a nod of his head. "You'll be needing these of course." Eisenhart added before ducking underneath the counter and reappearing a moment later. He placed six black magazines filled to the brim with pointy 5.56 rounds, down in front of me. "These should be enough for the time being, if you need more you can let the Director know and I'll have more sent your way." Eisenhart instructed and I nodded my head in return.

"You can never have enough ammo so I'm sure I'll be needing more sooner or later." I said as I took the magazines and slid them into my various pockets. Eisenhart had also placed some 1911 magazines out and I took those as well.

"Will you also be needing something more on the heavy side...?" Eisenhart said leaning forward and I tilted my head. "Like a rocket launcher?"

"Oh um, I don't know to be honest." I replied. "Who knows if I'll be running into dragons this time around..." I explained before being cut off.

"Did you say Dragons?" Eisenhart inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah." I replied. "I had to fight fucking dragons last time around, and I'm really not keen on doing it again!" I said.

"Good Lord, I hope they're paying you hazard pay." Eisenhart murmured.

"I get hazard pay for each day I'm in the Singularity, so it's not without its benefits I guess." I replied as I smacked a fresh magazine into the M4. "...Anyway I don't think I'll be needing any rocket launchers this early into the operation, but if I do need one I'll be sure to let the Director know." I said.

"I'll have one standing by for you, just in case." Eisenhart said with a nod.

"I don't suppose I can get a launcher with heat seeking missiles this time?" I asked.

"We don't have many of those, and they'd require the Directors sign off." Eisenhart said shaking his head in response.

"Well it was worth a shot." I said with a sigh. "...Well whatever. I best get going Eisenhart; I wouldn't want to keep the Director waiting." I said as I slung the M4 over my shoulder. "Who knows when I might wind up seeing you again, if at all?"

"You take care now Chris, I wouldn't want to lose you too." Eisenhart said earnestly. "But judging the team you've assembled thus far, I'm sure you'll be fine." Eisenhart pointed out and I looked over my shoulder to see Jeanne, Mashu, and Scathach waiting outside the armory for me.

"Yeah you're probably right...." I murmured as I turned back to Eisenhart. "I'll see you whenever I get back from the hell that no doubt this mission will devolve into." I said. This earned me a chuckle in response from Eisenhart.

"Like I said, if you take care of that gun it'll take care of you." Eisenhart said giving me some final words. "Even when no one else will."

"Thanks Eisenhart, I will." I nodded my head. "You take care of yourself." I added with a wave of my hand before turning my back to him. I walked out of the armory up to the girls where I was promptly greeted on return.

"Are you all set now Chris?" Jeanne asked me as I came to a stop in front of the group. I looked over my shoulder giving one last look at Eisenhart before turning my attention back towards Jeanne.

"...Yeah let's go." I said with a nod of my head before setting off down the hall. Behind me I heard the rest of the group fall in behind me as we set off towards the core room.

Before we knew it we were outside the doors leading to Chaldea, the core room. Having reached our destination, Jeanne and Mashu took this opportunity to change into their armor. Well I say change, but it was more like a flash of light and before I knew it they were fully dressed in armor with their weapons in hand. Jeanne was dawned in her shining knight armor with her sword sheathed, while Mashu had on her black armor and shield in one hand. Scathach on the other hand had opted not to change into her outfit at this time for whatever reason. Not like it really matter either way, Scathach had no armor to speak of, except for the shoulder plating, but what good did those do her? Once the girls had changed we headed on inside, where we were promptly greeted upon entry.

"Good you're finally here." Olga called out over the intercom. "Let's not waste any more time and send you on your way." Olga said. "Doctor Roman!"

"Understood Director." Roman replied. "Is everybody ready?" Roman then asked us.

"Ready." The four of us replied in unison.

"Thank you. That was a good response....." Roman said. "Well then, Papa shall start the leyshift!" Roman exclaimed and we all went silent for a moment.

"Doctor Roman..." Mashu murmured.

"What the hell did you just say, Doctor?" Olga asked.

"Umm well uh, I said Papa." Roman replied, perhaps realizing how stupid he had just sounded.

"Romani, you idiot." Olga stated.

"...Stop with this awkward atmosphere already!" Roman exclaimed. "A-Anyway, I'll be supporting you all from the back!" Roman added.

"No, that's.... suddenly too much tension...." Mashu murmured.

"Beginning Leyshift!" Roman said before anymore awkwardness could ensue. I turned my attention towards Chaldea's core which was still glowing a bright orange just like last time, and I doubt it would be changing back to blue anytime soon. Not until we completed the last singularity at least.

"Unsummoning program initiated." The automated voice from before announced. "Ley shifting beginning in 3..." As the leyshift process began I felt a cold hand grip my own and I looked down to see Mashu's hand gripping it tightly.

"Chris?" Jeanne asked from my side and I turned to meet her.

"Yeah?" I said.

"2..." The automated voice counted down.

"What are we gonna do once we leyshift?" Jeanne asked as she brushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Well assuming Roman doesn't drop us into a group of enemies...." I said. "First thing first is securing our drop site and make sure it's clear of any enemies. Once that's done, we'll analyze our surroundings." I yelled out over the sounds of the machines humming.

"Got it!" Jeanne said with a nod of her head. Jeanne rested her hand on the hilt of her sword as she prepared herself.

"1..." The automated voice finished the countdown. With the countdown complete we prepared to be leyshifted back in time once more, this time there were four of us so hopefully it would go better than last time. Whatever we face in this next singularity, we would face it together this time.

"Operation completed. Beginning Grand Order." The announcer said just before everything went black.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

831 24 1
Merry Christmas! Before I say more let me get some things out of the way. First off this is a special contains no spoilers nor is anything cannon unl...
5.6K 292 18
Continuation of Grand Foreigner since this site allows to have only 200 chapters in one book. Ainz in the FGO! Will it be a challenge for him? (Spoil...
7.5K 201 29
*Within a closed door lies a big wish...* *Within a wish lies a desire...* *Within desire lies...* *Fate* Chaldea Security Organization; an organizat...
10.1K 448 23
Sequel of One Last Time Year 850. The second appearance of the Colossal Titan affected the lives of many. After finding Eren's titan shifting abiliti...