Beauty and the Beast

By nekoamamori

Loki is trapped in Jotun form under a curse. Can blind Morgan Stark somehow be the key to helping him break i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51

Chapter 50

3.7K 176 39
By nekoamamori

Thor nodded his agreement with Loki's words about Morgan's premonitions. "Mother also believes that Morgan's premonitions are stronger and more accurate because of her blindness," he agreed. He paused, then added gently: "Wanda decided that if Morgan was having visions of you, then you were still alive. She decided it best not to fret about the rest as long as you were still alive,"

Loki chuckled. "That sounds like Wanda," he said fondly. He adored his adopted little sister and magic student.

Thor laughed and stroked Morgan's hair absently. The pair were clearly close and had gotten that way in Loki's absence. "That it does. I'm surprised she hasn't somehow found out you're home and snuck her way here. I'm sure mother will send word to her once she's gotten enough sleep," Frigga also adored Wanda and treated her like an adopted daughter whenever Loki brought her to Asgard.

Loki had yet to move toward Morgan. He wasn't sure of his welcome. Wasn't entirely sure Thor would let him. He didn't deserve to be anywhere near her after how he'd treated her, after what he'd done to her. Thor noticed and stood. "I best get to the Bifrost to escort Wanda here, I'm sure she's on her way," he teased. He moved to leave so Loki could be alone with Morgan.

Loki tensed up for a moment, but relaxed when Thor accepted him and somehow knew exactly what he needed. Loki nodded and gave his brother a grateful look. "I will be here when you return," he promised Thor and moved to take a seat in the chair next to Morgan's bed.

Thor nodded and headed out to collect Wanda, even if he had to go back to Midgard to get her. It wasn't terribly long before Loki was tackled out of the chair by Morgan's bed. "Starshy!!" Wanda cried as her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. As always, she addressed him as 'older brother' in her native Sokovian. It was a term of endearment and Loki adored her for it.

He laughed as he crashed to the floor, , using an arm to brace his fall automatically. He wrapped his arms around Wanda, his magic was in effect keeping her safe from his cold. He'd learned to control his Jotun abilities while he'd been on Jotunheim. "Hello, sestra," he said as he held Wanda tight, addressing her as his little sister as always.

Her arms remained tight around him as if afraid that he would disappear again if she loosened her grip on him. "I missed you so much," she managed to keep from wailing as she held him too tightly.

"I missed you too, little sister. More than words can say," Loki replied gently and stroked the teen's hair. He hated having hurt her.

"Why did you leave us?" She asked him, tears in her eyes and in her voice.

"To keep you safe from me. I didn't have enough control over my Jotun abilities and I was a danger to those I care about,"

Wanda thought that over and nodded as she curled herself in his arms. "We were worried," she finally said. She understood that he'd had to leave, no matter how much she'd hated it and how much it had hurt.

"I know, sastra. I apologize for worrying you so much. I never meant to hurt you," Loki told her gently as he held her. He absolutely loathed how much he'd hurt everyone around him, especially her and Morgan. He didn't deserve the family he had, especially with how much they clearly loved him and how much he'd hurt them.

She nodded again, her head buried against his chest. "Don't leave us again like that. we love you too much, starshy," she begged.

"I love you too, sestra. So much." He hugged her tightly, his finger running through her hair soothingly.

She eventually relaxed in his arms, easy to forgive him since he was back and safe. "Morgan said you were ruling Jotunheim?" she asked him, too curious as usual

"They figured out who I was. I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter," he said, grumbling about it.

"Did Thor tell you everything you want to know about what you missed back home?" She changed the subject, understanding that he didn't want to talk about Jotunheim.

He shook his head "I didn't really ask,"

"Anything you want to know?" She offered, knowing Loki found it easier to talk to her than to talk to Thor.

"How has the team been? Bucky? Lady Natasha?"

"Bucky and Nat are fine. And kissing. All the time," she rolled her eyes at that. "Bucky misses you, and keeps trying to be reassuring and saying you're just off brooding somewhere and you'll be back when you get your head out of your ass," she added with a smirk.

Loki laughed. "That sounds like Bucky. I'm glad he and lady Natasha are finally together,"

"They're happy together. Oh, and Doctor Strange has been teaching me some magic while you've been gone. Other than that I've mostly been hanging out with Pete and his friends..." Loki noticed that she had a glint in her eyes. It was the slightly wistful look of a teenager with a crush.

Loki raised an eyebrow and smirked, teasing her. "Am I sensing feelings for the arachnid?" He teased her gently.

She huffed and turned pink. "Even if you were sensing feelings, it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't give me the time of day..." she pouted and grumbled.

"You won't know if you don't try, sestra," he told her, his voice gentle and full of love and caring.

"He only has eyes for MJ. I've seen how he looks at her,"

Loki hummed "Who is this MJ?" He asked with a glint in his eyes. Maybe he could stab her so Wanda could be with Peter.

"The weird artsy girl. Her real name is Michelle," she reminded him.

Loki considered. "You won't know until you try, sestra. You might be surprised,"

Wanda nodded, but didn't look convinced. "Maybe..." she agreed to placate Loki. She gave him a look and then answered the question he clearly hadn't wanted to ask. "She isn't seeing anyone," she told him gently, indicating Morgan.

Loki raised an eyebrow. "And? I doubt, after the hurt I caused her, that she would be willing to give me another chance." That was Loki's biggest fear at the moment. And was something he deserved after how he'd treated her.

"You won't know until you try," Wanda repeated his words back to him. Annoying little sister.

"Don't use my words against me, sestra. You weren't there. I broke her heart. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted nothing to do with me," Loki said firmly, hurt and pain in his voice.

"You did break her heart," she agreed. She had been there to pick up the pieces, as had the rest of the team. "She wouldn't go into detail about what happened on Jotunheim, but she didn't give up on you until then. That doesn't mean you can't fix it. And you clearly want to or you'd be literally anywhere else in the palace,"

"I did what I had to in order to protect her. That doesn't mean that I don't still care about her. I love her. That will never change. But I will not dare to dream that I will be able to fix this or win her back. If she doesn't want me, then I will leave her be. I only want her to be happy,"

Wanda sighed. She wouldn't waste her breath arguing with him when he wasn't listening. "Well, she hasn't been happy without you,"

"That's what I've heard. I just don't understand why,"

"Love doesn't always make sense," she replied. She sighed again and admitted "Pepper did make her go on one blind date to get her out of the tower. It went so poorly that even Pepper agreed not to try to force her again,"

Loki looked pained, but nodded. "She has a right to have a life..." he hadn't expected her to wait for him. He'd expected her to move on.

Wanda shrugged and shook her head. "She's been as much of a recluse as you were. A few days ago was the first time she tried to leave the tower since she got back from Jotunheim,"

Loki looked over at Morgan, who was still asleep in the bed. "I wish it could have been different. But after what I did to her, I thought it best to leave. I love her too much to hurt her," he decided it best to change the subject. "Has there been any other troubling events on Midgard?"

Wanda shook her head. "Nothing of interest," she reassured him.

Before their conversation could continue, Morgan made a soft noise as she started to stir. Wanda found herself picked up by Thor and forcibly removed from the room so Loki and Morgan could talk. Loki was alone in the room with Morgan a moment later, somehow back in the righted chair next to her bed.

His heart was beating a million miles a minute. He was terrified of her reaction to how he'd treated her. But he was out of procrastination time.

It was time to face the music.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586 3 9
Ada Barone is Tony Stark's very well kept secret daughter. But after her apartment was lost in a fire she had no choice but to live with her dad. And...
243K 6.3K 17
Set in the middle of the first avengers movie. Picks up after the avengers bring Loki to the cage, except he's acting weird. He mumbles to himself as...
31.7K 1.8K 42
Tony Stark. The merchant of death. Loki Laufeyson. The monster parents tell their children about at night. When their soulmate marks get in the way o...
505K 17.1K 50
You're living with the Avengers, but have no powers of her own. Loki, a former villain, joins the superhero team, claiming that he has reformed, but...