Wanderlust - Dreamnotfound

By melIifluous_

George is absolutely over the moon when he gets a chance to meet all of his online best friends. Especially b... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue
Final Note

Chapter Seven

7.2K 213 1.3K
By melIifluous_

george didn't know how to feel. 

Of course, that was to be expected when you couldn't figure out why your face kept warming whenever you made eye contact with your friend, or you couldn't see why your heartbeat would quicken so drastically whenever you brushed shoulders.

And that was exactly the situation George was in. 

To be fair, George had liked Dream for a while. But it had never been this bad- He'd just occasionally decided he wouldn't mind kissing the blonde.

But now, it was a whole different story, and George was completely, utterly, lost.

He and his friends had ended up playing some kind of game of sorts. It was every person for themselves for the most part, save for the shaky alliances that had been made. In the end, Tommy and Tubbo had somehow won. 

Now, they lingered around the field, sitting and talking animatedly, kicking the ball passively, or just chasing one another. The grass lightly tickled the fingertips of people who sat, the sun gently warming the area. A soft summer breeze cooled the air slightly.

George lingered with Bad and Skeppy, and they were discussing and debating about the best meal. George had said breakfast, whilst Skeppy disagreed and Bad was more of a neutral party.  

George crossed his arms. "I'm telling you, Skep, breakfast is superior." He said, shaking his head.

Skeppy giggled. "Whatever, George, you keep on saying that." 

The brunet rolled his eyes, and glanced around. Eventually, his gaze found itself lingering on a particular blonde who wore a dull green shirt.

George sighed softly, blushing and burying his head in his hands.

Who the fuck gave Dream the right to be so pretty?

|~George~|

As it was beginning to get late, we were all starting to walk back to my apartment. Dream decided that he wanted to watch a movie with everyone, and I wanted to do that quickly so I didn't have to drive everyone to their hotels too late.

Although, I doubted it would go to plan. 

Bad and Skeppy are animatedly bickering beside me. I'm only half listening, really, too distracted by keeping myself from staring at Dream.

Which sounds both creepy and just weird. 

I exhale through my mouth in exasperation. Bad looks over at me.

"George, you alright?" He asks nervously, concern in his gaze.

I smile awkwardly. "Um, yeah, just... Thinking." I say, my voice going quiet towards the end. 

Bad pauses, then touches Skeppy's shoulder to get him to slow down. Once we're a fair distance from the others, he nods slightly. "Thinking about what?" 

I chuckle humorlessly. "You wanna know?" 

"I want to help, George, tell me." 

"Dream."

"What?"

I run my fingers through my hair. "I've been thinking about Dream. You remember how I used to feel about him, Bad?" 

Bad hums softly, his gaze never leaving me. 

"Well, I've been thinking about that. A lot. And I don't know what to do." There's a sort of sarcastic humor in my voice, covering up my fear. But Bad can see through it. 

Skeppy bites his lip. I'm honestly surprised he didn't make a snarky comment, but grateful nonetheless. "So you're saying it got worse, I assume.. and you don't know if you should act on it, or try and make the feelings go away?" 

I blink. "Yeah, that's about right." 

The raven-haired boy nods. "I think you should at least know if he feels the same way or not. Like, would you rather know, and not worry about it, or not know and continuously be stressed?" 

Bad nods. "That makes sense, and it would be fool-proof if Dream and George weren't so close. But I think George is afraid things will change too much." 

"Dream's not the type to dwell on things that have been solved. And, besides-" I didn't catch the last part of what Skeppy was saying, because he leaned over to Bad and lowered his voice to whisper. 

I roll my eyes. "You guys are so secretive." I complain, crossing my arms.

Bad giggles softly, his mood apparently improved by this new secret. "Sorry George. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually. Good luck." 

"Wh-" Before I can protest, the two have run up to Sapnap and started chatting with him instead. 

Betrayal. 

I chuckle softly, shaking my head. If they're right, maybe I should confess to Dream. But at the same time, I'd rather sort out my own feelings first. 

I sigh softly, hurrying forward to join my friends. 

Someday, I will confess.

|~| 

I'm sitting on the floor, remote in hand. Dream, Sapnap, Bad, and Tommy have all attempted to squish themselves onto the sofa together. Behind me, they all bicker and shift uncomfortably. So no, it wasn't exactly working out for them.

Tubbo, Wilbur, and I are trying to find a movie to watch. I click absentmindedly through Netflix, listening to their opinions on each title. 

"Why can't we watch Hamilton?" 

"I mean- We can, but it's really long." I say, leaning back on one of my hands.

"Who cares? It'll be fun, come on George." Wilbur begs. 

"What about the others?" I'm trying to make excuses.

"They aren't helping, so too bad for them." 

"Okay, fine." I sigh, clicking out of Netflix and into Disney+ instead. "Tubbo, do you mind turning off the lights for me?" 

"Not at all." 

I nod, leaving the dark room and the movie playing to head into the kitchen. I'm searching the pantry quietly for some popcorn when I hear footsteps approaching. 

"Wh-" I turn, to see Dream. "Oh, hi." 

He smiles slightly, leaning against the doorframe. "Whatcha doing?" 

I take out a small jar of unpopped kernels, and show it off dramatically. "Making some five star, famous popcorn." 

"Oh, fun." Dream says dryly. I snicker, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I figured I'd be a good host, yknow?" 

"You're funny."

"Shut up." 

I giggle quietly as I take out a pan and place it carefully on the burner, listening to the music emitting smoothly from the speakers in the living room. 

"Do you like Hamilton?" I ask, fiddling with the dials on the stove. 

"It's decent, yes. But whenever I see it I can only think of the SMP War." Dream laughs lightly. I smile. 

"That's true. I can't even remember how many Hamilton references there were." I pour the popcorn into the pot, closing the lid and turning towards Dream. "What about you, what're you doing?" 

"Looking at you." 

"Wh- Dream, what?!" I stutter, leaning back heavily on the counter in my surprise.

Dream wheezed. "Oh my god- You're so dumb, George." He giggled. 

I roll my eyes, turning back towards the popcorn. The music from the living room swells as I take the snack off the burner and pour it into a few different bowls. 

Dream's hand touches my shoulder. I jump slightly, turning to look at him.

"Do you like this music?" He asks, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly for emphasis. I bite my lip. 

"Yeah, it's cool." I mumble, my gaze flicking to his eyes and then away again. 

Dream blinks, and holds out his hands to me, palms up. "Here." 

I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him, but carefully place my hands on his. "Okay..." 

Dream smiles mischievously, gently intertwining his fingers with mine. I fight a blush. Gently, he swings our arms back and forth in time with the slightly muffled music that comes from the movie. 

Realizing what's happening, I roll my eyes with a soft giggle. "Don't you dare-" I protest jokingly.

"You said we could do what I wanted today, and I want to do this." Dream says smugly. I'm pretty sure if we weren't holding hands, his arms would be crossed.

"Touché." I sigh obnoxiously, loosening my tense shoulders. "Fiiiine." I exaggerate, shooting him a teasing smile. 

Dream's eyes light up, and he sways a little from side to side, bringing me with him. Our hands find their places- Mine holding Dream's hand and resting on his shoulder, his brushing my waist. Gently, gradually, we begin to dance. It isn't perfect, and we stumble around a bit, but neither of us care. Moonlight mixes with the soft yellow light of my kitchen, the smell of fresh popcorn and the feeling of laughter lingering in the air. Happiness swirls around us, giving us what feels like a little cocoon of a fantasy put aside for Dream and I, and Dream and I only. We spin lazily around the room, giggling and trying to keep our voices down, so the delicate barrier between us and reality is not broken by being discovered. 

After a while, once the song we had been dancing to has long ended, I wrap Dream in a sort of hug, letting my head softly rest on his chest, my arms looped loosely around his torso. My fingertips softly run up and down his arm. One of his hands coils protectively around my waist, the other rubbing gentle circles into my back, whilst we sway back and forth, not caring about anything or anyone but eachother in that sweet, peaceful moment. 

A blissful sigh escapes my lips. Dream hugs me tighter. I'm helpless, just wishing I could stay here forever, frozen in this moment. And I try to, taking in everything; the way my heart flutters with every soft circle he draws into my back, the way with each gentle sway I can feel my breath hitch slightly. 

But the world does not stop for anything, time refuses to cease ticking, and all things must end eventually. 

So, like all things go, the tranquil air is broken by harsh reality- More specifically by the sound of footsteps approaching. 

Dream and I hesitantly break apart, and I return to the popcorn, quickly sprinkling some salt on it. It's just barely warm, a dead giveaway to our dancing, but I pretend not to notice, turning around to see Tommy and Skeppy in the doorway, conversing with Dream, who looks just slightly uncomfortable. 

I brush past the three, carrying two bowls of popcorn, and stroll into the living room, forcing a nonchalant expression onto my face. 

Lightly, I place the popcorn down on the side table as the others walk in. I cast a glance at the television before sitting down on the floor again, pulling a blanket around my shoulders and leaning against the arm of the couch. 

The movie plays while I browse my phone, listening to the joking chatter of my friends and just thinking.

Why the hell did we dance for so long? All it had been was a fun joke.

 So why did I feel so comfortable wrapped in Dream's arms, swaying? Why could I have sworn there was a soft pink tint in his cheeks whenever we would spin around?

I had no idea.

Sighing, I drop my phone beside me and rest my head in one of my hands, glancing back at the television, then to the time displayed on the lock screen of my smaller device. 7:48. There was still another hour and a half of the movie. 

I blink, letting my eyes flutter close as I lean back. Fatigue washes away my worries and stress, letting me relax a little.

I fall asleep to the sound of my friends laughing, and the thought that maybe, just maybe..

Dream likes me back.

|~|

The next time I wake, it's still dark. Slightly dizzy, I blink away the dry sleep from my eyes, rubbing them profusely for a moment. A soft grumble from beside me makes me tense.

"What-" I whisper, only to quickly clamp my mouth shut. 

Dream lays peacefully snuggled into my side, his head leaning softly on my shoulder. I feel my breath hitch. 

I'm no longer on the floor, instead placed on the sofa. On the ground, just as there were the first night, everyone else lays neatly wrapped in a blanket. 

I lean over to grab my phone, blinking in the harsh light. 4:56. I sigh softly, glancing back at Dream. He shifts in his sleep, and I tense. 

"...George?" Dream mumbles through a tired groan. 

I bite my lip, and nod slightly. "Hi.." I murmur, comfortingly running my fingers through his hair. 

Dream hums softly, pressing himself slightly closer, but sitting upright. "Hi.." 

I glance down at my phone nervously. "Sorry for waking you." 

"It's okay, I don't mind." Dream leans his head on mine. I fight a blush, grabbing headphones and opening up YouTube.

"Did you do this?" I ask, gesturing to our sleeping friends.

Dream shrugs sheepishly. "Yeah. You were asleep, so I figured I'd do it myself." 

I bite my lip, trying not to smile. "Thank you." I mumble quietly. 

Dream just laughs softly. 

"Here." I say, plugging the headphones in and offering one to him. He takes it silently. 

I pull the red blanket around our shoulders, blocking the light that emits from my phone from the others so we don't wake them. Dream snakes one arm around my shoulders, and I press my head ever so slightly into his neck, tapping through my recommended until I find something interesting. 

We watch YouTube for a while, until Dream softly presses pause, and nudges my shoulder. I look up at him, breath hitching at how close we are. 

"What's up?" I ask, voice low as to not make much noise. 

"Look." Dreams says quietly, gesturing to the window. 

And he's right- A sunrise. Even though I can't see all the colours, I can tell it's particularly beautiful. The gentle golden light beams in soft rays through the glass, casting a warm glow on the room. 

I smile softly, glancing over at Dream. To my surprise, he's staring right back at me. 

My eyes are wide, and I feel as if my fluttering heartbeat is loud enough for him to hear. The warmth in my face is painfully obvious, my stomach exploding with butterflies. 

Silently, we gaze into one another's eyes, unable to notice anything but eachother. 

Slowly, gradually, as if we were in some kind of trance, we lean in.

Of course, that's when we hear a sigh and the rustling of blankets.

Fuck.

Word count: 2369 (lmao)

So I'm kind of debating whether or not to do a time skip of like a week or two because I don't want this story to drag on lmao if you have an input please let me know <3 

Also dancing in the moonlight to Hamilton songs? Yes lmao

Anyway, go check out my ✨oneshot book✨ Called Under the Weather. It's all dnf stories, so if you like that go read it! 

Happy Spooky Day and thank you for over 100 reads on this dumb joke story! I'm not sure if that's a lot in Wattpad, but it is to me, so thank you so much! 

I love you all, and have a wonderful day <3 

-Melli- 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 10.4K 16
Dream and George are just vibing on minecraft with voice chat when someone interrupts George. George 'mutes' his mic but unknowingly misclicks, allow...
533K 15K 26
Dream lives thousands of miles away from his best friend George. Weekly streams and making videos with him are the only ways dream gets to see his ch...
5.9M 126K 62
George doesn't have feelings for Dream. They're literally just friends... right? Warning: Includes... ahem, smut. P.S. This is meant to be a book for...
13K 324 34
[Completed](Warning: is an old cringy story) Dream, George, Sapnap, and BBH decided to meet up at Dream's house for two weeks in the summer. George r...