UMSHADO (EDITED, PARTS THAT A...

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Continual of Chapter 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 42

2.4K 153 3
By VanRahdBooks

LUNGI.

When we got back from my breakfast picnic that my brother made for me, the house was in chaos. I so badly wanted to go to the backyard and see how far they are from finishing but sims and Preston would have none of that. I went to shower and went to do my make up and hair for almost 4 hours and by the time they were done I was over it. The photographer and videographer record everything from the moment I stepped in the house.

Mah came and helped me get in my dress. Whenever she would try to talk tears would just fall down, I told her I know how she feels, she’s proud, maybe scared but for sure happy for me. We shared along tight hug then she left. Mbuso’s mom came too with aunt lwethu and they expressed how happy they are that I’m going to be part of their family and for taming mbuso we laughed. They wished us the best in the journey we are about to take and then she gave something borrowed which was her tiara that she wore when she got married to mbuso’s dad. It’s a vintage tiara and I appreciate it very much. I thank her and they left with tears in her eyes.

I’m standing in front of the mirror watching myself and I look like a completely different person. I have never seen myself looking this beautiful. The makeup artist Preston found did an amazing job. He didn’t put too much make up but enhanced my natural beauty. Mbuso won’t know what hit him when I walk down the isle and he better cry.

Sibusiso is a God sent because the designer he knows from Durban came prepared like he has clothes for plus size women too and I was so happy because everyone, including the dads got something to wear. He said he had to pull some strings when he heard that the bride is pregnant to get a dress and Oh my God it is beautiful and I couldn’t be more happier. I did let the designer who is making my dress that I’m getting married but he shouldn’t worry cause I am still going to need his services and he understood. I can’t believe I’m really getting married to the man of my dreams.. I’m finally marrying this man that I love very much.

The girls are all looking amazing with their bridesmaid dresses even Preston but I haven’t seen that men at all and I’m wondering how they actually look. Sims has been a mess crying non stop making me cry too. She gave me something blue for me to wear and it is a blue lace garter and it fits me perfectly. We held each other and cried tears of joy. The make-up artist finally had enough of us crying and kicked sims out. It was so funny.

Someone knocks on the door. “ Come in ” I say it’s uncle Victor. He looks so handsome with his champagne suit and cream shirt. He looks at my bridesmaid and they nod, leave to give us some privacy but the videographer and photographer stay behind. He stands next to me and wipes my tears off gently with his handkerchief. “ we don’t want Preston to kill is now do we? ” he says and he sounds and looks so emotional. “ no we don’t. Thank you for being here. ” he smiles takes my hands in his.

“ I am so proud of the woman you have become. Years ago you were just this little baby running around in front of me but look at you now. All grown up, expecting my grandkid and getting married. I knew this day would come and I thought I had prepared myself to let you go but now I’m not sure. ” a tear fall down his cheek.

“ you have been a perfect daughter lungile. You have never given me trouble or well other than that time you got really drunk and wouldn’t leave the club ” we both laugh. “ but you have been a disciplined child and I am proud to call you my daughter. When I told you that time that I knew mbuso is going to choose you I had hope that you guys would really make it and after everything you have been through you did. You two are meant for each other and no one can separate you. When you need me always know that I am here and I will continue to do anything a father does for their kids. Love mbuso, respect him as your husband and the head of his family. When things get tough you ask for a family meeting and not talk to your friends baby about your marriage problems. Watch out for your family and make us proud. Stand your ground and let mbuso or anyone know that they can’t walk all over you. I love you my child and I wish you all the best. ” I hug him tight.

“ I love you too baba. Thank you for the advise and wise words. Thank you for being there and raising me to be the woman I am today. My child is going to have three very over protective grandfathers. I hope she’s a girl to drive all of you crazy. Thank you baba. ” I wipe his tears off smiling, we laugh. “ I’ll see you when we walk you down the isle. ” he says and kisses my cheek and leaves.

Whew that was so emotional and touching. I’m worried about him though because he was too emotional like something was wrong with him but maybe it’s just my imagination and he’s really emotional cause I’m getting married. There’s a knock again and the door opens and wow it’s zipho. The Gumede's last born. “ wow! Wow! Wow!. My brother is going to faint the moment he lays his eyes on you sis luh. You look so beautiful. I have seen weddings and have been to many but I don’t think I have ever seen a bride as beautiful as you. I’m lucky to have a sister in-law who’s so very beautiful. ” this one has always been a charmer.

“ thank you zipho, you look so handsome and I bet many women have their eyes on you waiting for you to ask them out. ” he chuckles smiling. He looks like he’s brothers but you can see that he is a smooth talker and would charm any girl. “ I have a little something from my brother, he said he hopes this will make up for what he couldn’t give you today. ” he says. ok what is that?. He fishes for something in his breast pocket and takes out velvet box. “ what do you have in there? ” I ask him smiling. He chuckles, he looks cute.

“ he said this is something new and he hopes you will love it. He asked me to put it on you if that’s okay. ” I nod. He opens it and shows me the most beautiful diamond necklace I have ever seen. It has diamonds, a huge one is in the middle and the small one’s are surrounding it and wow it absolutely breath taking.

“ wow zipho, I love it. Oh my God I can’t believe he got me a diamond necklace and it is so beautiful. This diamond is huge. ” I tell him. A beautiful woman like you deserves only the finest things in life. Turn around and let me put it on. ” I turn around and he puts it on me and it is cold as it touches my warm skin. I look at myself in the mirror and it suits me. Zipho is almost as tall as his brothers but mbuso is taller than the both of them.

“ pregnancy looks beautiful on you. Our child is treating you really good and I can’t wait to meet him or her . ”  zipho though he says looking at me through the mirror. I smile. “ can I touch your stomach and feel it? ” I nod. He puts his hand and my babies move and he chuckles. “ does it hurts when she does that? ” I giggle. “ a she?, no she doesn’t . I love it when she or he moves and plays. ” I really do.

“ wow!. This is beautiful. I’m going to spoil her and I really hope it’s a girl so she can drive her dad crazy ” we both laugh. “ let me go before my brother kills me but before I leave I want to say to you thank you for bringing change into his life and making him a better brother, a better son and a better man than he was before you came into his life. Thank you sis lungi.” He says, kisses my cheek and leaves. I stand  there looking at my diamond ring. I’m in awe.

The only thing now left is something old and I wonder who is going to give it to me and what is it. My dad comes in with his son following behind and they look very handsome. “ my two favourite men in the whole wide world. Are you ready to take me down the isle? ” I ask them smiling and dad is looking at me with tears in his eyes. “ dad please don’t cry. ” he has tears in his eyes.

“ you were this little baby that loved to smile and follow her big brother around wherever he went and it used to drive him crazy. Then one day our lives changed and I lost all of you then found you again. Whenever I look at you I still see my little girl but I know you are a grown woman now and sometimes it is hard for me to accept. ” he stops and takes a deep breath. “ I’ll will always be your little girl baba no matter how old I get. ” he smiles.

“ no baby. You are a woman who is getting married in a few hours time. I have seen you growing up these past few months and I am very proud of you lungile. I promise to stand back and let you and mbuso do things your way, I wont interfere in your marriage until you ask me to. Your brother told me that you feel like we are getting over involved in your affairs and I agree even though I don’t want to. I always want to protect because I couldn’t all these years you weren’t here. ”

“ dad what happened we all had no control over it and I don’t want you to feel guilty or feel like you have to make up for not being in my life. What I need from you both is to spoil and be there for her or him. You will not miss anything important that involve all the kids I am going to have. Your kids too sicelo, we will not miss anything. I love the both of you very much and thank you for accepting mbuso as another son of this family. I need you sicelo to watch him and protect him like he is your brother because I know he will do the same for you. I will not survive if anything happens to him. I need him in my life. He is the only man I will always love and need in my life. ”

“ don’t worry sis. Mbuso is my brother and I will not let anything happen to him no matter what. ” I nod. “ we have something for you but we need you to close your eyes.” I close my eyes giggling excited. “ what do you have for me? ”. I hear shuffling, a door opening and closing then sicelo stands next to me.

“ I wish she was here with us today but I know in spirit she is. I know she would have loved to give you this herself or maybe something else but I thought you would really love this something old. I took it to your uncle’s wife cause she’s the best at these things so she can bring some life into it and well your aunt said it looks beautiful but I don’t know if it will match with your dress. Son help me ” he says. I feel something being placed over my head and it falls down covering my arms and back. Tears fill my eyes as I realise that it is my mother’s veil. I’m going to walking down the isle wearing the same veil my mother had when she married my dad.

“ open your eyes baby and see how beautiful you look. ” my dad says. I open my eyes and see both of them standing on my sides looking at me at the mirror. My mother’s veil looks beautiful and it almost matches my cream dress. Tears of joy fall down my cheeks cause I am wearing something old that belongs to my mother and it makes me feel so much closer to her than I have ever felt. “ thank you baba for giving me this veil that mom wore. I will cherish this moment for as long as I live and I will pass it down to my kids too when they get married.  I love you guys. ” I say choking up. Dad hugs me and my brother too, I wrap both my hands around them. “ we love you too baby. I’m sure your groom is waiting for you baby let us not keep you. ”

“ thank you for being the best parent for me baba and I promise I will make you proud and not disappoint you. ”. “I know you will baby. The Gumede family is very blessed to have you as their daughter too. You build that family and make it stronger than it has ever been. ”. “ I will dad. ” they both kiss my cheeks.

The door opens again and it’s my whole family. My uncles, aunts, cousins the whole Ngcobo family is here with Sims, uncle Victor and Preston too. They get in and close the door. “ stand in the middle baby we have to pray for you. ” my uncles wife says. I stand in the middle, they form a circle around me and then sing Joyous Celebration- Unikiwe ” with my aunt leading, she can sing that one. We sing while I’m standing in the middle with them surrounding me and when the song ends, they stretch their hands to me. We close our eyes and everyone begins to pray. I feel their  love, protection and best wishes.

When we are done praying they all leave, leaving me alone. I look at myself one last time then leave my father’s bedroom. Sims gives me my beautiful bouquet. We walk until we stop where my dad and uncle Victor are waiting for me. She walks for a while “ okay dads when the music plays, you walk her down the isle. ” Preston says. I look at him and he blows me a kiss.

The music plays, they both hold my arms and walk me down the isle but midday uncle Victor stops, we stop too and I look at him. He kisses my cheek through the veil. “ your dad has it covered from here. ” I nod, look at my dad and continue to walk. I was looking down the whole time. I look up and my eyes land on mbuso and he looks like he has just stepped out of a high end fashion shoot. My baby is drop dead gorgeous wearing his cream or ivory suit I don’t know what colour it is but he looks amazing.

I look at his face and see those beautiful tears falling down his face to his beard. He covers his eyes and his shoulders shake as he cries. His brother clamps his shoulder comforting him. We stop next to him and he wipes his tears off and looks at my dad.

“ who gives away this woman to marry this man? ” the reverend asks

“ I do ” my dad says. He gives mbuso my hand. “ love her, protect her and honour her. If you fail to do that or you feel like you have had enough please bring her back home. You out your hands in her ever again I will kill you and she will mourn you. Good luck son I wish the both of you the best. ” he says. “ I will make her very happy mapholoba. ” They hug and my dad leaves.

“ you look beautiful maNgcobo ” I smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 6.9K 54
She only knows one home that she has ever lived in and that is the orphanage. She has many questions about who she is and how did she end up there. S...
43.5K 2.1K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...
67.3K 2.5K 36
When a normal young woman living in Durban who works an ordinary job and lives a normal life meets a handsome young man who is the next king in a lin...
115K 6.3K 58
A Twenty something Bafokeng princess meets Thirty something Zulu prince at the alter with nothing but, regret, agony and a need to escape, will their...