Aparecium ⋆ Harry Potter Guide

By susanpxvensie

Reveals secret messages written in invisible ink, or any other hidden markings; also works against concealing... More

APARECIUM.
Graphic Gallery.
01. Broomstick Models
02. Canon Character's Birthdays
03. Canon Character's Deaths
04. Diagon Alley Shops
05. Hogsmeade Shops
06. Hogwarts: Curriculum
07. Hogwarts: Founders
08. Hogwarts: Ghosts
09. Hogwarts: Headteachers
10. Hogwarts: Layout
11. Hogwarts: Staff
12. Ministry of Magic (British)
13. Quidditch Teams
14. Sacred Twenty-Eight
15. Specialised Wizarding Schools: Academy of Broom Flying
16. Specialised Wizarding Schools: Charm School
17. Specialised Wizarding Schools: Euro-Glyph School of Extraordinary Languages
18. Specialised Wizarding Schools: Merge School of Under-Water Spellage
19. Specialised Wizarding Schools: The New York Academy of House-Elf Training
20. Specialised Wizarding Schools: Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts
21. Spells: Charms
22. Spells: Conjurations
23. Spells: Curses
24. Spells: Dark Arts
25. Spells: Healing Spells
26. Spells: Hexes
27. Spells: Jinxes
29. Spells: Transportations
30. Spells: Unknown
31. Spells: Vanishments
32. St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
33. Wands: Cores
34. Wizarding Schools: Beauxbatons Academy of Magic
35. Wizarding Schools: Castelobruxo
36. Wizarding Schools: Durmstrang Institute
37. Wizarding Schools: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
38. Wizarding Schools: Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
39. Wizarding Schools: Koldovstoretz
40. Wizarding Schools: Mahoutokoro School of Magic
41. Wizarding Schools: Uagadou School of Magic
42. Wizarding World Occupations

28. Spells: Transfigurations

84 2 0
By susanpxvensie

HARRY POTTER GUIDE.
28. Spells: Transfigurations

Transfiguration is a branch of magic that focuses on the alteration of the form or appearance of an object, via the alteration of the object's molecular structure. Transfiguration can be done to most (if not all) objects and, as with most forms of magic, it includes — but is hardly limited to — Transfiguration spells. Transfiguration is regarded as "very hard work" and "more scientific" than any other form of magic, i.e. the practising witch or wizard has to get it exactly right for the transfiguration to be successful.

Amato Animo Animato Animagus (Animagus Spell): Spell used as part of the process of becoming an Animagus. The incantation has to be recited at sunrise and sundown, every day before the consumption of the Animagus Potion. The incantation is also recited just prior to the consumption of the potion, which has to take place just after a lightning storm starts, and recited while placing the wand's tip over one's heart (pronounced 'ah-MAH-to ah-NEE-moh ah-MAH-toh an-a-MAY-jus').

Avifors: Transforms the target into a bird (pronounced 'AH-vi-fors').

Avis (Bird-Conjuring Charm): Conjures a flock of birds from the tip of the wand. When used to in conjunction with Oppugno, it can be used offensively (pronounced 'AH-viss').

Badgering: Turns things into badgers.

Cauldron to Sieve: Transforms cauldrons into sieves.

Cauldron to Badger: Transforms cauldrons into badgers.

Crinus Muto: Used to transfigure the colour and style of one's hair.

Desk Into Pig: Turns desks into pigs.

Draconifors: Transforms the target into a dragon (pronounced 'drah-KOH-nih-fors').

Ducklifors: Transforms the target into a duck (pronounced 'DUCK-lih-fors').

Ears to Kumquats: Transforms the victim's ears into kumquats.

Epoximise: Adheres one object to another, as if they had been glued together (pronounced 'ee-POX-i-mise').

Evanesce: Vanishes the target (pronounced 'ev-an-ES-key').

Evanesco (Vanishing Spell): Vanishes the target (pronounced 'ev-an-ES-koh').

Ferret to Human: Transforms a ferret into a human.

Flintifors: Transforms objects into matchboxes (pronounced 'FLINT-i-fors').

Herbifors: Causes flowers to sprout from the victim.

Hominum Concisis (Human to Canary): Transfigures a human into a canary (pronounced 'hom-in-UM con-CHEE-sis').

Inanimatus Conjurus (Inanimatus Conjurus Spell): A spell of unknown effect, mostly like used to conjure an inanimate object.

Lapifors (Lapifors Spell): Transforms the target into a rabbit (pronounced 'LAP-ih-forz').

Leek Jinx: Makes leeks sprout out of the target's ears.

Multicorfors: Used to change the colour and style of one's clothing (pronounced 'mull-tee-COR-fors').

Ossum Verto (Human to Bone Transfiguration): Used to Transfigure a human being into a bone. Once turned into an inanimate object, you lose all your sentience and the ability to form thoughts (pronounced 'OS-sum VERR-toh').

Piscifors: Transforms things into fish (pronounced 'PIS-ee-fors').

Puer Mus (Small Child to Rat): Turns a small child into a rat. The smaller the child is, the better the spell works as smaller children are closer in size to a rat. Never attempt to use this spell on a child over forty-seven inches in height as disastrous things will occur, such as the child growing unseemly grey hair all over their body or imploding. The counterspell is Mus Reverscio.

Reparifarge: Used to reverse incomplete transfigurations (pronounced 'reh-PAR-i-farj').

Rose Growth: Causes rosebushes to grow at an unusually fast pace.

Squiggle Quill: Transforms writing quills into worms.

Switching Spell: Switches two targets simultaneously.

Teacup to Tortoise: Transforms a teacup into a tortoise.

Teapot to Tortoise: Transforms a teapot into a tortoise.

Tentaclifors: Transfigures the target's head into a tentacle.

Vera Verto: Turns animals ito water goblets (pronounced 'vair-uh-VAIR-toh').

Vermiculus (Vermiculus Jinx): Transforms things into worms (pronounced 'vur-MICK-yoo-luhs).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 265 23
Secret (n.): something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others. ✮ ✢ ✮ Secrets are such things that are meant to be unknown. Ever...
337 5 7
Recommend reading from 18 yo and up WARNINGS: Language, Sexual content, Drugs & Alcohol READ AT YOUR OWN RISK You're in for a wild ride :)
676K 13.1K 35
Pureblooded [y/n] lives her life unaware of the dangers hiding in her family tree, Friends, Family and a good book are her way out. Let's see how he...
436K 11.8K 93
❝I'll be here whenever you need me. Always and forever.❞ ❝How about now and forevermore? It can be something of ours.❞ Harry Potter x fem!reader GoF...