His Rejected Bride

By Josephine1804

Trying to move on from the past Dorothy does everything possible to keep it behind her; especially him. But w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 5

22.6K 541 31
By Josephine1804

Ethan's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"It's better this way." I look up at her and she raises a brow. "If I don't leave by tomorrow she'll be in danger. I can't do that to her."

"But if you leave tomorrow she'll never forgive you?" She slams her hand on my desk taking the bottle away from me.

"I rather have her hate me than for her to die because of me." I turn to face the view of the city from the window. "I'll never forgive myself if he hurts her."

"Why don't you just tell her the truth?" I turn back to face her and she's frowning. "End all this misery and fucking tell her the truth."

"I can't do that," I whisper taking the bottle from her. "You know why I can't."

"You are the most feared man in this world, what do you have to lose?" She sits back down tapping her foot. "You can get a man killed with the raise of your finger."

"I've got everything to lose if they ever lay a finger on her!" I snapped at her not being able to take this. "I don't want her to see this part of me so end this topic."

It's just a question.  Chillax." She smiles unaffected by my outburst running her hands through her hair. I rolled my eyes wanting her out of the room.

"What's going to happen with the company." She swirls around.

"I've got that handled."

"So, where are we  planning to go?" She asked.

"We aren't planning on anything." I  turn to look at the city once more. "It's my problem and you aren't getting involved in this. I'm leaving tonight so tell Terry to get the plane ready."

"Aye aye captain." She said before she left me alone finally.

I rest my head against the window and admire the view. I'm going to miss her so much. I'm probably making the biggest mistake of my life but her safety comes first. I can't let my dark side get to the one thing that matters to me in life.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so fucking stupid," I mumbled and poured more vodka into more shot glasses in front of me.

"Tell me something I don't know,"  Nicole smirked enjoying my distress. "You put yourself in this compromising situation. Don't say I didn't warn you this was going to happen."

"She's changed you know," I say drowning the liquid once more. "Not the same Dorothy you knew."

"I'm sure she did." She hummed looking at her nails. "Anyways what did she say about my niece."

"I don't know something about losing a tooth," I muttered loud enough for her to hear me.

She looked so beautiful, her long hair cut short made her look so damn sexy. I don't know how's it possible but her boobs got bigger and her hips widen a bit. Must be something that happens in women not that I'm complaining. I know fucked up and I want to make things better. 

She couldn't even look me in the eye for a second. The way she looked at me made me realize how bad I fucked up. I've hurt her so bad and I can't forgive myself. But that doesn't matter she's safe and still alive and that's enough for me. I don't want to be the cause of her pain.

"Drinking isn't going to get you anywhere." Nicole tried to get the bottle away from me when I poured a little more alcohol into the glass.

"I know that Nicole, but it eases the pain?" I say taking another gulp from the bottle itself. "She doesn't want anything to do with me."

"So what? You're just getting drunk because she said she didn't want anything with you." She stood up from the stool. "Have you lost your fucking mind! You had this all planned out before you left Ethan. The Ethan I know can get any girl to go on their knee by just looking at them."

"You see, she isn't just any girl." I take another gulp. I'm starting to feel tipsy. "Dorothy isn't like any girl I've ever met. She has something called standard. Plus she's my girl."

"Then go get your girl" Nicole smirked grabbing a chocolate bar from the counter.

"It isn't as easy as you make it seem. She claims that she has moved on but I don't believe any of that shit. She can't move on. Can she?" I look up at Nicole with hope in my eyes.

"I don't know, four years is a long time Ethan." She sighs rubbing her arms. "A lot can change in four years."

The door flew opened and I turned to see Luca rushing toward us with something in his hand.

 Luca is my right-hand man and the most annoying person you'll ever meet.  But I trust him with my life, he has never failed me and I know that he would never do that. I've known him for more than five years and I can read him like a book.

"We have a situation boss?" He says when he finally gets to where we are.

"What's the situation?" I asked dropping the bottle on the table.

 It better not be those motherfucking Code Black.  They are like houseflies with a useless title. It's so sad they call themselves code black and run around the street thinking they are going far in life.

"We found five of our men died in one of the eastern bases." He sits down on a stool next to me

"I'm going to see myself out," Nicole says standing up to excuse herself. She doesn't like to involve herself in any of this shit.

"Like you just read my mind; your presence is unwanted," Luca says taking a shot glass and pouring a drink for himself.

"You talk like I give a fuck about your opinion." She shrugged unbothered by what he said. "Fuck you."

"Nah, I'll pass," Luca shouts back laughing and she slams the door after her.

"Back to the situation at hand," I say to him when he calms down closes. "Did they leave any clue or message?"

"They left this tape recorder." He pulls out a tape recorder from his jacket. "They aren't like anyone we know."

I take the recorder and see the video they left for us.

One of my men was kneeling, they had beaten the fuck out of him. "Please leave me alone. I don't have the information you want."

"I know your lying. If you don't talk I'll make you."  A very familiar voice said but I can't just remember where I heard it. "Now I'll ask you one more time where the fuck is Vincenzo King."

"I don't know, I swear I don't know where he is. He's been missing for like four years." The poor guy begs for his life. 

"Do you want to end up like your friends?" The camera moves and I see four dead men on the floor beside him.

"No, not at all. Please don't kill me." The man begs for his life.

"Vincenzo, you have many trustworthy men. But that doesn't matter I will still find you. I've been waiting  so long to bring you to your knees." He starts to laugh. "Я найду тебя, и когда найду, я тебя уничтожу"

"So this  Russian mafia we're dealing with what do they want?" I asked dropping the recorder on the table.

"To be on your knees," Luca said in a duh tone. "Maybe he wants a blow job from you."

"Are you fucked in the brain?" I turn to him to see if he was seriously just saying that.

"You never know your good looking and all so maybe-"

"Why haven't I killed you yet?" I mutter to myself massaging my temples.

"Because you love me and you don't just want to admit it." He smirked leaning closer to me.

"Fuck you." I push him away from me and he almost loses his balance.

"I know I'm sexy and all but seriously what is it with people and wanting to fuck me," Luca says sighing. "You are a hot guy but I don't swing that way by the way."

I smirk at his stupid comment.

"I know I'm hot thanks for pointing that out but let's not divert here." I sigh taking another swing from the bottle.

"You don't think it's him," Luca asked his voice barely hearable.

"No, that shit was taken care of years ago," I reassure him slapping his back. "Whoever this person is can go fuck himself."

"Speaking about fucking, how's Dora?" Luca asked genuinely concerned.

"I don't know." I sigh finally letting it out. "Right now I don't know if I made the right choice leaving her. I wanted to be part of her life again but I don't think she wants me back. I scared I might have been too late."

"I've never seen you this whipped man." He said and slapped my back softly. "But all I can say is that you did the right thing."

My phone vibrates indicating I have a text message. I bring it out of my pocket but Luca takes it out of my grip.

"Who's it?" I asked not caring

"Your mom," Luca answers dropping the phone and leaning back into the chair.

"What does she want?" I run my hand through my hair.

"You have to meet her for lunch tomorrow."

"Do I have to go?" I groan leaning back rubbing my face.

"Yeah, you haven't seen your family in four years," Luca said smiling. "Plus I've told her you'll be there."

I run my hand through my hair in frustration. I knew if I didn't show up mom was going to cause a scene tomorrow and I want to keep a low profile now I'm back. I don't need any more stress from my competitors. But those are things I don't give fuck about. All I want is my baby doll back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So like I tried to give you a glimpse of what Ethan is thinking and his feelings toward the current situation. I hope you like this chapter.
Lots of Luv
Jo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 282 35
Once again her dark past wants to write its self , but the only difference this time she has someone to save her from its vicious claws But not only...
157K 3K 43
𝐌𝐞π₯𝐒𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐨π₯𝐚𝐜𝐞 The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
196 2 27
Two well known people throughout the world meet each other and fall in love happy as ever they hold a secret from the world soon the male lover dies...
3.5K 188 16
Forced into a marriage so he can take over his family's mafia. They are told to stay married for a year. She is taking this seriously. Him not so muc...