π₯𝐨𝐲𝐚π₯𝐭𝐒𝐞𝐬 ➳ 𝘰𝘀𝘡𝘒...

By readherandweep

To Skaikru, she was known as Kota. To anyone else, she was known as Dakoda kom Trikru, Lincoln's younger sist... More

𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭
π’π„π€π’πŽπ πŽππ„
i. my life
ii. are you ready
iii. curiosity
iv. open wounds
v. under pressure
vi. hostage
vii. sparks fly
viii. accomplice
ix. golden
x. training session
xi. unity day
xii. betrayal
xiii. battle cry [part. I]
xiv. battle cry [part. II]
π’π„π€π’πŽπ π“π–πŽ
i. the aftermath
ii. love & philophobia
iii. grim reapers
iv. the cerberus project
v. beauty to beast
vi. gone girl
vii. heda's wrath
viii. retribution [part. I]
ix. retribution [part. II]
x. treachery
xi. relapse
xii. casualties [part. I]
xiii. casualties [part. II]
xiv. no time to die
xv. two truths, one lie
xvi. deals with devils
xvii. kill or be killed
π’π„π€π’πŽπ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
i. troubling tensions
ii. where's wanheda
iv. welcome home
v. atelophobia
vi. game of thrones
vii. out for blood
viii. trick or traitor
ix. hell's crossfire
x. the mourning after
xi. guardian or heir
xii. tears and fears
xiii. playing with fire
xiv. the new enemy
xv. mind games
xvi. ascende superius
xvii. beg or bargain

iii. ai strisis

3.3K 132 74
By readherandweep

chapter 3 - ai strisis

Dakota walked into the gates of Polis, with Indra by her side. It was fairly crowded, and all of the people were going about their daily business, so they didn't really pay the two warriors any mind. However, I'm sure if they knew who Dakota actually was, then they would've certainly acknowledged her presence. Afterall, she was the Commander's sister.

Believe it or not, this was basically Kota's first time in Polis. As you already know, she wasn't allowed to go anywhere when she was younger, so that she could remain safe and keep her identity hidden. Which is why the young girl was in awe after catching sight of the tall building that was towering over the small city.

"Let me guess," Dakota sighed, never taking her eyes away from the building. "That's where my sister is residing?"

Indra nodded as they continued walking towards it. "We will be taking the elevator to the top floor. I hope you aren't afraid of heights."

The two grounders entered the building and went straight to the elevator. It took them a few minutes to reach the highest floor, considering the fact that men from below were actually lifting them up with a wheel and roping system. Finally, they had reached their destination. Both women stepped off of the elevator, and walked right into the throne room where Lexa was sitting.

"Heda." Indra bowed respectfully, notifying the girl of her presence.

Lexa nodded to her in acknowledgment, however, her eyes soon widened at the sight of her younger sister standing before her. "Dakoda?" She questioned disbelieveingly, while also hiding her smile. "You finally came."

The grounder girl was too busy glancing around the room in curiosity, so she hadn't heard her speak. However, Indra nudged her arm, causing Kota to quickly clear her throat and turn her attention over to Lexa.

"Commander, I only assisted Indra on her journey here, so that I could ensure she would arrive safely and warn you about the Ice Nation. I won't be staying long."

Lexa's sighed as she slowly stood up from her throne. "Tell me, Kota. What is it that's continuing to keep you away from me? Away from fulfilling your destiny?"

"My destiny?" Dakota scoffed. "Becoming the next Commander is not my destiny. I wasn't even born a true night-blood." She exclaimed.

"Why don't you tell me, Lexa. If I would have never gotten harmed by that missile in Tondc, would I have ever even found out that I was your sister? If you didn't give me your 'righteous' blood, would you even give a damn about me? Because it seems to me like you and Lincoln would have both continued lying about my identity for as long as I lived. The only reason I was finally told the truth, was because I needed blood, and you were forced to explain to me why I needed yours instead of Lincoln's. However, you're not even the one who told me!" She ranted. "So excuse me for not jumping at the opportunity to spend some quality time with my newfound sister, when it seems like the only reason she wants me close is so that I can take over her responsibilities when she's gone. I'm sorry, but I refused to be used like that."

The Commander stood quiet for a moment, never once breaking eye contact with her younger sister after hearing her words clearly. Lexa's emerald eyes battled with all of the different hues in Dakota's hazel ones, almost as if the green leaves of the forest were staring deeply into their awaited future of progressively transforming into a seasonal brown. The older sibling then dismissed Indra, before taking a deep breath and swallowing her emotions once more.

"Come with me." She finally spoke. "I'd like to show you something."

Both girls exited the throne room, and made their way to a different location in the tower.

Lexa had walked in first, before stepping aside and allowing the younger girl to examine everything that was in the room. To the right, a large bed was resting in the corner, adorned with several fluffy pillows and heavy blankets made with animal fur.

There was a small table next to the bed, with one single candle on top of it. The wick was burning with a small flame, which meant that it was only recently lit. However, the surrounding wax that had melted down from it, only proved that it had actually been lit several times before in the past. Everything in the room was untouched except for that one specific candle. Which could only mean that someone had entered the room on numerous occasions in the past, but yet, never once slept in there. We're they waiting for someone?

Dakota turned her head to the left and saw several different empty canvases that were surrounded by naturally colored paints and charcoaled pencils. The sight made the girl's heartbeat increase with the sudden urge to fill those blank voids with her drawings and creative visions.

She had always enjoyed drawing in her journal, but she hadn't done so in awhile. She would have loved to just sit there and fill those pages out with all of the amazing things she had seen over the past few months. The last thing she ever drew was a portrait of Octavia, and she honestly didn't know what had happened to that journal after Bellamy had confiscated it sometime ago.

Lexa then guided Kota to the open balcony that overlooked the whole city of Polis. They were so high up in the capital building, that she could see out for miles. Glorious and pointed mountains were seen in the clouded distance, as well as the many trees that were scattered about in every direction visible.

It was definitely an extraordinary sight that had rendered the girl speechless. Dakota took one last moment to take in the scene in front of her, before she turned away and looked towards her sister, whose eyes had been lingering on her the entire time.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" She wondered. "Why? I don't understand."

Lexa walked closer to her, and took a second to find the words that she wanted to say. "The room itself, was actually what I wanted to show you." She stated, before gesturing to the horizon. "This view just so happens to be an added bonus."

Dakota was still lost, so the Commander further explained. "This bedroom is yours, Kota. In fact, it has been for many years. The only problem was that you weren't ever here to occupy it...which is my fault to a certain degree."

"You had a room made just for me?" The younger girl questioned, skeptically. "My apologies, Commander, but I find that hard to believe. How can I be so sure that you didn't just set all of this up after Mount Weather in hopes that it would persuade me to live here with you one day?"

Lexa smirked lightly. "You really have grown up, haven't you? You're no longer that gullible child whose mind was always filled with nothing but naïvety." Dakota frowned, impatiently. "I assure you that my words are true." Lexa spoke, softly, before making her way back into the room, and heading over to the table that stood beside the bed.

Lexa then opened the small drawer, and lifted a small object out from it, before walking back over to her sister. She gently placed the object in the open palms of Dakota's hands, causing the young girl to slightly gasp at the sight. There, currently resting in her possession, was none-other-than her old doll that she used to play with as a kid. The same one that Niylah had just reminded her about only a few hours ago. Athena, was her name.

"W-where...how did you get this?" She could barely form words as she stood there dumbfounded.

Lexa smiled. "Dakota, there's still so much that you don't know about your past. Things that I have been wanting desperately to talk with you about for as long as I can remember. I know that you don't owe me anything, given the fact that all you've known from me seems like one big lie. However, I only ask that you hear me out. Lincoln told you things from his point of view, but I have yet to tell you my side of the story. And once I'm finished, if you still want to leave, then I won't stop you. I would never intentionally hold you captive here. Believe it or not, I actually want the best for you."

Dakota took a deep breath, before eventually nodding. "Okay." She sighed. "I'll hear you out."

_________

"I wasn't much older than you at the time Lincoln took you in." Lexa began. "You were only three years old, and I had just turned nine, so I wasn't as mature as I seemed to be. As you know, because I was born a nightblood, I was already training to become the next Commander ever since I was two. So, unfortunately the only responsibility that I had ever grew to know, was my future duties of leading our people. Never once did I have the time to really stop and take a moment to realize that I was indeed your older sister, and also the only family you had left." Lexa turned her head away to quickly stop her eyes from tearing up. She may have been emotionless in front of her peers, however she had always had a weak spot for her baby sister. It was a secret of hers that no one ever knew about.

"I was only a kid and I should have fought harder to visit you or spend time with you, but Anya had always warned me about what that could possibly do." Lexa continued. "She explained that not only could it further threaten your safety, but it could also become a distraction for me. Which is why I was eventually taken to here at Polis, with the other nightbloods, so that we could all be groomed as potential successors to the Commander."

Dakota listened intently to every single word that Lexa said. It was certainly difficult for her to endure hearing the story of her past once more through a different perspective, especially when her own memories were still clouded and distant. Still, she allowed her older sister to pour her heart out in an attempt for an explanation as to how things ended up the way that they now were.

"I need you to understand that before I went to Polis, you were still a part of my life, and I loved you dearly, Kota. I had always enjoyed the little times we had spent together when I wasn't training, whether it was playing or just having the opportunity to look after you. I doubt you'll remember this, but when we went to sleep, almost every night you would wake up crying from a nightmare. I always hugged you tightly while humming different melodies to soothe you back to sleep. I knew that I wasn't always going to be with you every night because of my other responsibilities, so the day we went to that trading post and you picked up that doll, I told you that she was going to be your dream catcher. And whenever you slept with her under your pillow, she would fight the bad nightmares away for you when I couldn't be there."

Kota looked down at the raggedy doll that had been poorly sowed back together on numerous occasions. Suddenly, a drop of liquid fell onto the doll's face, allowing the girl to realize that she had failed at trying to keep her tears at bay. "I wish I could remember." She whispered, sadly.

Lexa look at her with concern. "Remember what?"

"Everything." Dakota said, as more tears began streaming down her cheeks. The young girl grew self conscious in front of Lexa, who was know not to show emotions. So, she buried her head in her hands shamefully. The Commander's heart ached as she watched Dakota hide herself. She raised her arms and gently tugged the girl's hands away from her face, urging her to continue.

"I've been having these dreams lately," Kota finally admitted. "Everything is always sort of blurry, but still visible enough to interpret what's going on. They're usually just about running around as a child with a girl who's only a bit older than me. I can never see her face clearly, or hear her voice, but I started to wonder if maybe that other little girl was you. And when that thought entered my mind, I tried so hard not to think that way, because it hurts so much to know that there's a huge portion of my life that I still can't fully remember. It's not fair." She suddenly began to sob.

"I get why everything happened the way that it did, and why Lincoln took me in. I really understand now, and I'm not mad at you. I promise. I-I'm just angry that you and Lincoln both have these versions of me in your minds from a time that I can't even recall, and it's just so frustrating! All I remember, is being trapped all the time and never being allowed to enjoy my life. I thought my life was miserable, but apparently I was this bubbly lighthearted child when I was younger. Lexa, you don't realize how badly I would give anything to just be able to reminisce those days when you comforted me through my bad dreams or when you assured me that I wasn't alone."

At that point, Lexa couldn't take it anymore. Seeing her baby sister so fragile and vulnerable with tears pooling from her once bright eyes, it just cracked her warrior mask completely. Having to listen to the heart wrenching sobs that Kota desperately tried to refrain from letting escape her lips, caused Lexa to do the unimaginable.

Without a second thought, she pulled the girl closer and wrapped her arms around her as tears formed in her own eyes. She ran her hand up and down Dakota's back comfortingly, while she whispered sweet nothings into her ear. And the poor girl herself, latched onto Lexa with everything she had in her, as she apologized profusely to her for not being able to remember their former times together.

"Never apologize for the things that are out of your control, ai strisis." [My little sister.] "Besides, I'm the one who should apologize. When you were older, we were supposed to tell you the truth about where you came from. However, due to my own selfish reasons, I chose not to."

"Why?" She cried, causing Lexa to sigh.

"When I had won my conclave and became Commander, a few years had went by before I fell in love with Costia. You remember me telling you about her, don't you?"

Dakota nodded her head slightly, which was still buried in the crook of Lexa's neck. Of course she remembered the girl whose tragic death completely changed the young ruler that was sitting before her today.

"Well, when the Ice Queen killed—" Lexa paused for a second to gather herself. "When Costia died, I decided on that day that I would no longer trust anyone, and I would avoid love at all costs. I believed it was a weakness because it prevents us from making certain necessary decisions, and allows our enemies to use those whom we love against us. Which is exactly what the queen did to me. So, when I returned back to Tondc so that you could work as one of my trusted companions, I was supposed to tell you about your relation to me as soon as I arrived. I even had this room prepared for you and everything so that you could return with me to Polis. However, I couldn't risk losing you too, Dakota. Especially, when I barley even had you in my life anymore to begin with. If the Ice Queen found out that I had a sister, you would have certainly been next on her list. I already had to live with the fact that Costia's head was literally delivered to my bed as a threatening message, I honestly can't imagine what I would've done if yours had been too."

Lexa wiped at her eyes, ferociously, as her broken mask of emotions began to glue itself back together once again, for the sole purpose of the warrior only trying to protect herself from further heartbreak. "So, I am so sorry about lying to you all this time, Dakota. But I need you to know that I really did do it to protect you."

"I know that now." Kota smiled, cheekily. She embraced her sister one last time, and as she did so, she whispered into her ear as well. "You may not think that you fulfilled the responsibilities of being my older sister, but in all actuality, you did that and more, Lexa. I had already understood why you did what you did all those years ago, but my main problem, or concern, was that I thought you didn't really care about me. Clearly, that couldn't be farther from the truth, though. I mean, you even kept my raggedy old doll and everything." She chuckled.

Lexa smiled genuinely, as she took the doll from Dakota's hands, and observed it closely. "I guess I should also apologize for stealing this from you before I was sent to Polis." She admitted. "I knew I wouldn't see you for a long time, and that I would miss you greatly, so I took it as a reminder that no matter what happened in my life or yours, you would always be my sister."

Dakota wiped the remaining tears from her eyes and stood up, pulling Lexa up with her. "You know," She smirked, teasingly. "When you don't have all of that war paint on, and it's just us, you really aren't as threatening as people make you out to be."

"Is that so?" Lexa raised her eyebrows, clearly amused.

"Yes, it is." Kota said, matter of factly. "Don't worry though, you're still a badass. I don't know, maybe you just have a, dare I say, soft spot for me?"

Lexa scoffed as she stood up straight and got back into her Commander persona again. "Incorrect." She stated, simply, causing Dakota to smirk.

"Right. My apologies." Kota laughed. "That spot's reserved for Clarke..." She mumbled.

"Wait. What did you just say?"

"I said, this place is much more colder than the Ark." Dakota shrugged, innocently, obviously lying through her teeth. "Must be because of how high up we are. Anyways, we should probably go and find Indra now. We never got to warn you about the Ice Nation, so the sooner the better!"

"You've been hanging around the Sky People for too long. You're starting to speak like them." She called out after her, but the girl was already gone.

With that, Lexa followed closely behind her as she shook her head with a smile. There was no doubt in her mind that she wanted her sister to live there at Polis with her. The only problem was that it would definitely take some time getting used to. She just hoped that they could start fresh with their relationship as siblings. Afterall, she knew that you never really know how long you have left with someone. So, Lexa decided that she wasn't going to take the time she had with her for granted.

That night, after the many apologies that left the mouth of both grounder girls, Dakota and Indra finally informed the Commander that the Ice Nation had crossed the border and was planning to march on Polis. It was definitely news to Lexa, however, she already had a plan up her sleeve.

In fact, she always strived to think one step ahead from her enemies. Which is why she told the both of them about her plans for Prince Roan of Azgeda to capture Clarke and bring her to the capital. That way, she could prevent the queen from stealing Wanheda's so-called "power." She also wanted Clarke to be her key for getting Skaikru to join her coalition, however, she didn't tell Dakota that just yet.

So now, Kota, Indra, Titus the Flamekeeper, and other warriors, surrounded Lexa's throne, as the prince of the Ice Nation finally graced them with his presence. He walked into the throne room and pushed the blonde to her knees.

"Wanheda, kom ai don swega klin." [Wanheda, as promised.] The prince then pulled the sack off from the girl's head, allowing Clarke to finally adjust to her new surroundings.

The Commander instantly stood up from her throne, and locked eyes with her. "Hello Clarke." She kindly greeted her.

Clarke just looked at her with so many mixed emotions swimming through her eyes. Confusion, as to why she was brought there; surprise, from the sight of Dakota standing just a few feet away; and anger more than anything, due to the lingering betrayal that the blonde still felt ever since Lexa left Skaikru to fend for themselves at Mount Weather.

"The deal was for you to bring her to me unharmed." Lexa gritted, as she took notice of the dried blood that Clarke had on her face.

"She didn't come easy." The prince remarked, causing the Commander to nod.

"I'd expect not..."

"I've done my part. Now do yours." Roan stated gruffly. "Lift my banishment."

Lexa looked him in the eyes, her face void of any expression or emotion whatsoever. "I'm told your mother's army marches on Polis."

"That has nothing to do with me. Honor our deal."

"I'll honor our deal when your queen honors my coalition." Lexa simply replied, causing the man to smirk at himself for actually believing that she would really lift his banishment. The Commander then motioned for her guards. "Lock Prince Roan Of Azgeda away." She ordered, and they did just so.

"What of Wanheda?" Titus asked, from his waiting stance beside the throne.

"Leave us." She immediately demanded, causing all three of them to walk towards the doors. "Dakota, you may stay." She added, causing the grounder girl to quietly nod and walk back to her original spot. Titus hesitated, glancing towards the Commander one last time, before she forced him to continue on his way.

It was now just the three girls left in the room, aside from the guards that were posted at the doors. "Sis em au na gyon op." [Help her up.] She commanded, and both warriors assisted Clarke with standing up on her feet.

Lexa then walked closer towards the blonde, who only glared at her as she approached and took the gag from her mouth. "I'm sorry," The Commander apologized. "That it had to be this way. I had to ensure Wanheda didn't fall into the hands of the Ice Queen. War is brewing, Clarke...I need you."

The blonde certainly caught both girls off guard when she suddenly spat right on Lexa's face, causing the warrior to cringe in both surprise and disgust. Clarke grunted as both of the men grabbed her and began dragging her out of the room.

"YOU BITCH!" She yelled, trying to fight out of their grip. "You wanted the Commander of Death, you got her! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Once the blonde was finally gone, the throne room was dead silent as Lexa stood there in utter shock. Dakota on the otherhand, well, she was just trying really hard not to laugh at the whole situation. What the blonde did was certainly gross and distasteful, but you had to hand it to her. She had guts for pulling such a stunt.

Besides, she could understand how Clarke felt about the whole Mount Weather fiasco. Afterall, it would definitely take some time for the Commander to gain the blonde's trust back completely. She felt like Lexa should just be grateful that Clarke only spat on her, and didn't just take out a knife and kill her right on the spot as a punishment for her betrayal.

But then again, Dakota was also amused by the blonde's empty threats. It was just hard to take her seriously when the poor girl looked like a train wreck herself, after being alone in the forest for three months.

"Wow..." Kota smirked, as she walked over to Lexa and handed her a clean cloth to wipe her face with. "That went well, huh Sis? I mean what were you expecting from her anyways? A hug and a kiss?" She chuckled, causing the Commander's cheeks to flush in clear embarrassment as she glared at her.

She was just made a fool in front of her people, and her sister's teasing was very much unnecessary at the moment.

"Dakota?"

"Yes?"

"Go to your room."

Kota scoffed with a smile, as she turned her head to look at her sister, who was walking out onto her balcony. Was she giving her an order as the Commander, or as her big sister? "You're joking, right?"

"Tell me, strisis, have you ever heard me tell a joke before?" [Little Sister]

The grounder girl thought for a moment, before giving up with a sigh. "No..." She mumbled, as she bowed slightly, and made her way to her quarters.

Lexa watched her leave, as a smirk grew on her lips. She wasn't really mad at her. She just needed space to calm herself after the stunt that Clarke pulled. As a matter of fact, Lexa was secretly happy that it didn't seem like her sister was planning on leaving anytime soon. She was more than ready to finally mend their relationship.

Now that everything was out in the open, and the girl now knew about her full past, it was like a weight was lifted off of Lexa's shoulders. All she needed to do now, was convince Dakota to train as her second, so that she could participate in the conclave.

However, she knew that it was definitely going to be easier said, than done.

A/N:

Q: Who do you hate more?
Pike or Titus?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 1K 72
"I'm trying to protect us, protect you." "And I'm trying to protect you. I won't let you start a war." I had to play this part. I'm sorry Clarke. Th...
113K 1.5K 56
This is so cringe idk why this has so many views... Aurora was one of the youngest to be thrown in skybox. The 100 delinquents get sent down to Earth...
304K 10.3K 33
{Book 1 of 3} 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 π˜½π™€ π™€π˜Ώπ™„π™π™„π™‰π™‚ π™Žπ™Šπ™Šπ™‰! I came to the ground being one of the 100s. Clarke Griffin kept an eye on me, they all did reall...
60.2K 1.9K 48
"The sun, the warmth, it was like a blanket. A beautiful, bright, blanket that burned. Burned, my demons away, brightening my darkness." A smile tha...