The Right Thing To Do { Drac...

By imnessa_

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 �... More

Author's Note
1- Just The Beginning
2- The Sorting Hat
3- First Day of Classes
4- Best Friend
5- Maturity Levels
6- Worry and Stress
7- The First Lie
8- Quiddich Try-Outs
9-Hogsmeade
10- Amortentia
11-Writing an Essay
12- Scary Kitty
13- Conjuring a Patroness
14- Relationships
15-A Letter
16- A Murder
18- The Portkey
19- A Familiar Scent
20- Christmas Eve
21- It's Christmas!
22- Iceskating
23- You Mustn't Tell Lies
24- Punishments
25- Draco?
26-Feelings
27- A Whole New World
28- Unexpected Visitors
29-A Task
30-To The Train
31- Back at Hogwarts
32-Dancing to Death
33- Family Meeting
34- The Truth
35- Back Together (ish)
36- Harry?
37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment
38- Goodbye
39- Edgar
Epilogue
A/N

17- Friends Again

1.5K 35 6
By imnessa_

Evanora

I sped through the corridors and straight to the boy's bathroom on the lower floor. A few minutes ago, Ambrose told me that Harry and Draco were having a duel in the bathroom. Even though Draco deserved it, I would never wish harm on anyone no matter what. Draco will have his own karma someday but right now I have to save his ass. I saw Professor Mcgonagall in the halls. She held a sad expression after just losing Dumbledore. I had pity for her but I'll have to pay my respects late on.

"Miss Paxton, please walk," She ordered.

"Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are dueling in the boys bathroom on the lower floor. I'm afraid they'll get seriously hurt," I explained and she nodded and ran off to get help.

I sprinted as quickly as I could and I finally made it into the bathroom.

I passed Harry who was just standing there staring at Draco. Probably waiting for Draco to die. I collapsed on the floor next to him and looked at him.

"Draco!" I yelled as he laid in on the floor covered in blood. "Draco, wake up!" I said as I shook his unconscious body. I looked at him and a few tears fell from my eyes. Even though I hated him, he is all I have right now. I can't do this without him. It's going to be a difficult future with us and I'm not sure how long I will be holding a grudge on him but right now I needed to know he'd make it.

Snape came storming in and yelled, "Move out of my way!"
I stepped back from the scene and watched as Snape did a healing spell on Draco. All the blood disappeared and he woke up. He quickly sat up and Snape left without saying a word. He dragged Harry with him.

I crawled back over to him and said, "Draco? Are you okay?"
He looked at me, lost for words, and just looked around the room.

"Where'd he go?" He asked.

"Snape?"
"Potter. Where did Potter go?" He asked again.

"I-I don't know," I replied.

He began to try to get up but sat back down in pain.

"Careful!" I warned.

"I'm gonna kill him," He muttered and tried getting up again only to fall back down.

"Stop it!" I said and tried holding him down. "I'm going to try to get some help to carry you to the infirmary. Stay here," I said but he grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me leave.

"How did you know I was here?" He questioned and avoided eye contact.

"Ambrose warned me. I guess he was nearby but was too scared to come in here himself. Then I told Professor Mcgonagall who told Snape," I explained.

He looked at me in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"Why'd you get help? I thought you hated me now," He said and stared into my eyes. His eyes had changed. He wasn't being rude, selfish, or mean. He looked scared. I could see fear and sadness in his eyes along with guilt.

"Because I can't just let you die!" I exclaimed. "You're all I have."

He looked at me and gave me a half smile. "Thank you," he said.

He looked at me for a moment then just broke down crying out of nowhere.

"Draco?" I questioned. He put his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. My heart melted for him as I heard him sob. Even though I hated him right now for the bad things he's done, part of me still cared for him.

"I'm sorry," he cried. He hugged me tightly then pulled away.

Then, Professor Mcgonagall came in with Madam Pomfrey.

"Thank you, Evanora, for telling me about this fight. Ten points for Slytherin. I will be taking away twenty points from Gryffindor for Harry's ruthless and cruel acts towards Mr. Malfoy here," Professor Mcgonagall said. Madam Pomfrey and Professor Mcgonagall helped Draco up. I was about to leave the bathroom when Draco said, "Evanora," and I turned around. "Can you stay with me?"

Madam Pomfrey giggled and I nodded. I followed them into the infirmary. They sat Draco in the first bed and Madam Pomfrey ran to grab some things for Draco.

I went to go sit in the bed next to him when he said, "no. Here," and patted the spot next to him. I didn't want to but I pitied him for almost dying. Even though I'm helping him now, I didn't forget what he's done.

I sat next to him and he pulled me closer to him. "Thanks," he whispered. I could tell he was in a lot of pain.

"Here you go, darling. Drink up," Madam Pomfrey said as she made Draco drink a potion she gave him. "Now rest up. And Evanora, you're excused from classes today. You can stay here with him," she said and smiled. She gave me a wink and left us alone.

"It wasn't me, you know," Draco whispered. He had his head on my left shoulder and his eyes were closed. "I didn't kill Dumbledoor," he said. I rested my head on his and questioned what I had seen earlier.

"But I," I began to say but I was interrupted by Professor Mcgonagall.

"He's telling the truth. It was Professor Snape who killed our headmaster," she said and Draco picked up his head.

"I'm sorry for what the two of you have to go through," she said and looked down at my arm and back at me. Does she know?

I looked over at Draco who just looked down.

"Headmaster Dumbledoor told me. I know you two will not be returning to Hogwarts after the Holiday. Best of luck to the both of you," she said and left.

"So you're not a murderer then?" I asked.

"Nope."

"I'm sorry. I thought that," I began to say but he cut me off.

"Don't worry about it," he said and rested his head back on my shoulder. I tried thinking about what I witnessed. I remembered Bellatrix telling Draco to kill Dumbledoor and then Harry covered my eyes so I wouldn't have to watch. That must have been where Snape stepped in.

I felt bad for blaming him. I looked down at him and saw he was sleeping. I would have left to go back to my bed, but I couldn't wake him. He needed his rest and he looked pretty comfortable in my arms.

I rested my head on his and thought about leaving Hogwarts with him. I know it's going to be difficult, but now I'm more at ease that I know he isn't really a murderer. But what if Voldemort made us actually kill someone without someone else doing it for us? I could never kill someone. I'd rather be killed than kill. I kept thinking on and on about what I'd do in situations I'd be in with Voldemort. As I was thinking, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Two hours later

"Are you bloody kidding me?" I heard and I picked up my head to see Harry and Ron standing by our bed. Ron looked hurt and Harry was furious.

I shook Draco awake and he lifted up his head and his facial expression went from mutual to angry in seconds.

"You almost killed me!" He barked at Harry and tried to get out of bed but I held him down. He wasn't completely healed yet.

"You deserved it! Working for him," Harry said.

"We don't have a choice!" Draco argued.

"We?" Ron said and looked up at me. I could see the shock in his eyes. I looked down and didn't say a thing.

"You've been working for Voldemort this entire time? And now you're sleeping with him?" He yelled pointing at Draco.

He turned around and ran out of the infirmary.

"Ron!" I yelled and was about to jump out of bed but Draco said, "Let him go. You had to get rid of him eventually."

He was right. It was best that Ron hated me. I didn't want him to miss me while I was gone even though I was going to be missing him.

"And I'll have to get rid of you," Harry said and pulled out his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" I yelled after pulling out my wand as fast as I could. His wand flew across the room.

"You're a trader," Harry told me and picked up his wand as he stormed out.

I signed and Draco mumbled a thank you.

"You okay?" He said and rubbed my back. I nodded and rested my head on his chest. "I hate living like this," I said.

"Me too," he replied.

"Are we best friends again?" I asked him.

"Of course," he said and we both fell back asleep. 

A/N: Thanks for 200 views! It means a lot. If you like the story so far, please vote!! -nessa<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973 159 29
"I love you too Y/N" Draco said. "But now I dont" I said. . "You dont know anything what i have gone through and what I will go throug...
648K 14.3K 45
Everybody in the Wizard World seems to know The Boy Who Lived, but nobody ever heard of his little sister untill she goes to Hogwarts. She finds out...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
12.8K 494 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...