Impact | #1

Aella_Grey

❝ You deserve the love you keep giving to everyone else. ❞ - The first emotion to fill Victoria Hunt when she... Еще

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
second book!

twenty three

38K 1.3K 2.1K
Aella_Grey

I took a deep, reassuring breath as I walked up to Colt, Grace said it would be best to tell him.

"Hey Colt." I smiled politely. He returned it equally and I automatically felt bad for letting him down.

Before I have the chance to say the right words, he beats me to it with, "Vic, I was wondering if you would like like to go to the dance tomorrow with me?"

I instantly look down at the floor, not wanting to see his beaming smile that was preventing me from going further with my explanation. But I knew I had to.

"Colt, you're one of the first friends I made and I value our friendship so so much, but, I don't think of you that way." I explain slowly, watching as his smile contorts into a frown.

I wait for his reply but he just looks at me with a scowl before walking past and bumping into my shoulder relatively hard.

I stumble back a bit but catch my footing mere centimetres from going headfirst into someone's lasagna. I apologise profusely before getting my food and sitting down next to my brothers, Nikolai and Joziah.

"What the fuck was that?" Damon whispers in a low, threatening tone but I don't meet his eyes,"Why did that bastard almost push you over?" He questions.

I stick a piece of pasta into my mouth and swallow it before deciding it best to answer him, "He asked me to the mid year dance tomorrow, I said no."

"As you should." he scoffs and I can't help but laugh a little.

■■■

The rest of the school day passed by in a blur after the small disagreement with Colt but other than it was a good day. Grace and Kai would be meeting me there along with Rowan tomorrow.

I had sixteen hours to find someone to go with before school started again and if I still hadn't found anyone by then I had two hours tomorrow to do so since I was coming home first to get ready.

Since I didn't want to be going alone I plucked up every amount of courage I had and walked over to Joziah who was sitting with Wyatt on the living room couch.

"Joziah?" He looked up at me," I was wondering since I don't have anyone to go with tomorrow-" I began but he cut me off with a sad smile.

"I'm already going with someone, sorry Victoria." He said, standing up. I looked at his retreating figure in shock.

Wyatt took that as his chance to burst out laughing. I looked at him disapprovingly.

"You just- he really said no Vic." Wyatt continued laughing at my social humiliation.

On my way out of the room I kicked his shin causing him to mutter a round of profanities at me. I walked into the kitchen and stood by the door with my arms crossed, deep in thought.

"What's up with you?" Reuben questioned, causing Vlad and Nik to pause their conversation aswell.

"I have no one to go to that stupid thing tomorrow with." I replied in an annoyed tone. Who was Joziah going with though? That was the question.

"You mean the mid year dance?" Nikolai questioned, I nodded, he had heard of the demon event aswell.

"I'd go with you, as friends, but me and Vlad have a business trip tomorrow." He explains and I sigh.

As I'm about to reply someone cuts me off in a smug tone.

"I'll go with you."

I turn around, startled, and my first instinct is to smack the person. Unfortunately, my wrist is caught mid air and I stare into the familiar blue eyes.

"Why are you so annoying, and I've only known you for a day?"

"Why aren't you afraid of me?"

I grin up at him,"Because, Blaze, you're just a soft little teddy bear with a scary exterior."

He rolls his eyes, pulling me closer to him by my wrist,"I assure you, Victoria, there is nothing soft about me."

With that, he backs away, letting go of my wrist and leaving the room. From the corner of my eye I see Reuben spit out the juice he was drinking and Nikolai doesn't bother hiding his shock. Vlad just looks at his phone, amusement resting on his features.

I stand still, dumbstruck, until Adrian walks in with an unknowing smile.

"What are we doing for your birthday tomorrow?" He asks and I half return to my senses.

"My what-" oh, I had forgotten entirely about my birthday. The same day as- the dance. How lovely.

"I don't even know. I'm just turning fifteen, not a big deal."

He looks down at me in confusion but I am stopped from explaining why I didn't really care about my birthday when my phone rings.

Incoming call - Grace.

I swipe up to answer the call and she begins speaking immediately.

"Hey, look, you don't deserve to have this shit unloaded on you but I underestimated how much Colt likes you. I think you should bring someone tomorrow. If he knows he doesn't have a chance he will stop, with reluctance of course but you need to show him he has no chances." She explains quickly and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"I already know you don't understand but this has happened before, please bring someone Victoria." Her words sounded kind but I could hear a warning within them.

"Okay..." everyone in the room eyes me suspiciously, "Of course, I'll see you there!" I say with an overly happy tone to get them off my back. Grace hangs up after saying her goodbye.

"What was that about?" Vladimir asks.

I shake my head, cursing myself for the decision I was about to make, "I don't even know, but, do you know where Blaze went."

"Probably outside."

I reluctantly slide the glass door open earning a look from Wyatt when I squeaks, interrupting his spongebob marathon.

Blaze hangs up on the person he was talking to and I'll admit, he did seem a bit scary now. I guessed he was angry at the person he was calling.

"Blaze.." I trail off, catching his attention as he turns around, an intrigued look on his face.

"Does the offer still stand?"

■■■

I woke up the next morning fifteen and annoyed with life.

I had my exact same routine only I did everything with some level of aggression. Blaze had been a smug fucker yesterday and even offered to drive me there.

Now that I thought back to it, it was a kind offer, but he was still a smug fucker. That was it, I would call him smug fucker from now on.

I hadn't seen Joziah since yesterday and I didn't plan on doing so today, unfortunately it was inevitable when he sat across from me at breakfast.

We didn't spare a look at one another and Wyatt noticed this, taking it upon himself to tell everyone of yesterday's event.

"If you look to your left, you'll see Joziah walking on eggshells and if you look to your right you'll see Victoria who had her hopes and dreams shattered." He explains, earning curiosity from everyone around the table except Vladimir and Nikolai. They had left on their business trip the one and only Blaze King sent them on.

"Why?" The rest asked in unison.

"Victoria asked Joziah to accompany her to the dance but was sadly told he was already going with someone." Wyatt clasps his hands together in amusement, waiting for everyone's reactions.

"That's good. She won't be going with anyone," Damon nods his head," Not sure about that." Reuben mutters.

"Excuse me?" Damon asks pointedly toward Reuben.

I hadn't told anyone else who hadn't been in the kitchen yesterday that Blaze would unfortunately go with me.

"She's going with Blaze." He states and Damon recoiled his arguement, standing up and pulling the car keys from his pocket.

"Let's go. If you see Blaze on the way to school let me know and I'll run him over. Otherwise, I can't do much for you sister." He strides toward the door.

"Good, smart idea brother." I agree with him, knowing the amount of satisfaction that would come at knocking smug fucker over.

■■■

Life was toying with me. Smug fucker wasn't at any crossings we came to on the way, only an old lady walking her three cats.

Me and my brothers left eachother once we arrived at school, unfortunately Joziah was always only a small distance away.

I see Rowan putting his books in his locker and dramatically sigh when I get to him, "I'm fifteen and cursed."

"It's your birthday?" He questions, I nod.

"We are so going to get you drunk on punch, have you found someone to go with yet?" he asks with an evil grin.

"Unfortunately." I inform.

"The guy from yesterday that's creepily watching you now?" He points to Joziah who momentarily looks away.

"Trust me when I say I tried every option, but no, not him. I got stuck with a smug fucker." I explain and he pouts as we begin walking away.

"What's smug fuckers real name?" He asks.

"Blaze."

He trips over his foot.

"King?"

"Yes."

I grap his collar before he meets the floor and he looks at me incredulously.

"How the actual fuck did you manage to get the devil himself to go to a high school dance with you?" He asks in awe.

"The devil? I think not. Smug fucker? I believe so." I explain to which he chuckles.

"There's a thin line between love and hate." He mutters under his breath. I laugh the comment off.

"Anyway, I'll see you at the demon event." He shouts back as he walks into his first class across the hall.

"Bye Row." I shout back.

■■■

I didn't see Colt for the rest of the school day, but, and believe me when I say, the hours went by too quickly because at this moment I was deciding what to wear.
_______________________________________

The dance was supposed to be in this chapter but by the time I was finished the chapter was like, 4000 words long.

But by the time you see this the next chapter will already be up as I've done another double update!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Avoidance | #2 | 𝐀 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐀 |

Подростковая литература

745K 26.1K 33
❝ Because I am the big brother. I'm sorry I wasn't better at it until now. ❞ **** Six months of physical therapy, a night to forget and an internal w...
The Forgotten Child Little Writer

Художественная проза

2.4M 69.4K 38
"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know how I have felt through the years without...
Serena Lana

Подростковая литература

10.4K 295 15
Serena and her family weren't close. As soon as Serena started high school she distanced herself from them. Her attitude changed and it was like she...
Their Little Princess trazzy

Подростковая литература

380K 7.9K 30
After Briana Smith tragic accident, she was never the same. Her older brother Ethan Black tried his hardest to protect Bri, however, it wasn't enough...