Winning Over Slytherin | Drac...

By les_rena03

It's finally time for Malorie Granger, Hermione's sister, to go to Hogwarts with her. However, the sorting h... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Dumbledore
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Chocolate Frogs
Chapter 5: 15th Birthday
Chapter 6: Mockingbird
Chapter 7: Christmas Special
Chapter 8: Sirius Black
Chapter 9: First Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 10: Amortentia
Chapter 11: First
Chapter 12: The Morning After
Chapter 13: Yule Ball
Chapter 14: Her History
Chapter 14.5: Elliot Delevine
Chapter 15: Arguments
Chapter 16: Shock
Chapter 17: Unwelcome Visitor
Chapter 18: Second Task
Chapter 19: I am Sorry
Chapter 20: Forgiven
Chapter 22: Final Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 23: Recuperate
Chapter 24: Letters
Chapter 25: Reply
Chapter 26: Mistake
Chapter 27: Fifth Year Day 1
Chapter 28: Umbitch
Chapter 29: Wuthering Heights
Chapter 30: Distrust
Chapter 31: The DA
Chapter 32: Jealousy
Chapter 33: Studying
Chapter 34: Meet the Parents
Chapter 35: Immobulus
Chapter 36: The Prophecy
Chapter 37: Damien
Chapter 38: Mione v.s Draco
Chapter 39: The End of 5th Year
Chapter 40: Bonnie
Chapter 41: The Burrow
Chapter 42: The Empty Compartment
Chapter 43: Chosen
Chapter 44: Nightmares
Chapter 45: Thanksgiving
Chapter 46: The Slug Club
Chapter 47: The Slug Club Part 2
Chapter 48: Death Eater
Chapter 49: Luna's Fire
Chapter 50: Beautiful Chaos
Chapter 51: Death Eaters
Chapter 52: Loss.
Chapter 53: Loving & Letting Go
Chapter 54: Home... for Now
Chapter 55: July 10
Chapter 56: July 21
Chapter 57: A House isn't a Home
Chapter 58: The Beginning Of the End
Chapter 59: Together.
Chapter 60: The Wedding
Chapter 61: The Last First Day
Chapter 62: Miles Apart
Chapter 63: Not-So-Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 64: Christmas Wreck
Chapter 65: Officially Christmas
Chapter 66: Pansy Parkinson
Chapter 67: Draco's Letter
Chapter 68: Forgive Me
Chapter 69: All Is Fair In Love & War
Chapter 70: Amends
Chapter 71: Meetings
Chapter 72: Promises Unbroken
Chapter 73: Duel
Chapter 74: War
Chapter 75: In Between
Chapter 76: War Pt. 2
Chapter 77: Life
Chapter 78: The End
Sneak Peak of "Complicated"
Author's Note
UPDATE
✨Cast List✨

Chapter 21: The Maze

1.7K 57 18
By les_rena03

T H E   M A Z E

———

Mal's POV

June, third task.

We pushed through the crowd of people, trying to get a good spot so I could see Harry and Cedric. We ended up getting pretty good seats, right in the middle. We sat down and waited anxiously for the last task to begin. After a minute or two, I saw my boyfriend wink at me and nod at me to follow him. I excused myself quickly and headed to follow him behind the seats.

"What fool?" I giggled as he put his hands on the back pockets of my jeans and pulled me toward him.

"I missed you."

"You saw me last night."

"It's been a full..." He pretended to count on his fingers, "Sixteen hours."

"I was with my friends all day, you know, cuz of the task. Sorry."

"Sorry's not cutting it Missy" he kissed my neck and I giggled.

"Fine. then what can I do?" I rolled my eyes.

"I can think of a few things." He grinned and I leaned in to kiss him softly.

"Alright, I've got to go back to my seat. Plus, I gotta wish Harry and Ric good luck." He groaned loudly.

"Ugh. Can we finally tell people tonight? After the task is over?"

"Tomorrow. Let Ric have tonight to be happy, I'm not looking forward to hurting him. You know that."

"Damn it Kat, why do you have to be so nice all the time?"

"Cuz I have to balance out your facade of being a mean person." I said matter of a factly and he smiled.

"We're a perfect balance." I smiled sheepishly at his words and kissed him softly again.

"You're so unoriginal. But yes, a perfect balance." He squeezed my hands as a final goodbye and I turned to go back to my seat.

Shit. As I turned to go back, I saw Ric standing in front of us, watching, his eyes full of unshed tears.

"Ric. I can explain. Please let me—" I tried to reach for his hand but he backed away.

"No. Don't touch me right now Mal." I reached for him again but he pushed me away.

"Kat, you shouldn't—" Draco tried to pull me away but I refused, yanking my arm away.

"Please Cedric. I'm sorry. I just couldn't tell you yet." I pleaded for his forgiveness.

"Why?" He whispered.

"Because I didn't want to distract you and—"

"No. Why him? He's hurt you Mal, a lot. I haven't. I've done nothing but stick by you, since the moment I laid my eyes on you. Why him Mal? Why? I love you! Is that not enough for you?!"

"It's not about that Ric, I love you too. I do. I just..." I turned to glance at Draco, who looked mad about my confession, "what Draco and I have is something... different. I don't know how to describe—"

"Do it."

"I don't want to hurt you more." I whispered.

"Try me." He commanded. I sighed and slumped my shoulders in defeat.

"I make him a better person, and he helps me be... me. Unapologetically. Not that you judge me for who I am but he... he brings out a new side. A better side I didn't know I had. We're good for each other. And..." I trailed off.

"And?" Cedric demanded.

"And I'm in love with him." Cedric stumbled back at my confession and allowed himself to let a tear fall, I felt my heart break a little.

"How long?" He whispered.

"What?"

"How long?!" He yelled at me, making me flinch.

"Since the night of the ball." I whispered back, ashamed of myself.

"Six months. It's been six months Mal! And you didn't tell me?!" He cried and I started crying too.

"I'm sorry. Please. I really thought that I could tell you tomorrow, after the Competition was fully over. Then you wouldn't be distracted, and everything would go well." I hurried to explain myself, tears in my eyes.

"Well congratulations, I think you failed. Enjoy him Mal." He turned and walked away, wiping his tears away. I started to chase after him but Draco held me back.

"Draco let me go!" I struggled harshly against his hold.

"No. He needs time. Give him time." Draco continued to hold me back.

"There is no time! The task starts in two minutes! I have to go, I have to. He has to know I didn't mean to hurt him."

"He does. He just needs to truly realize it." He's right. I know he is. But that sucks. I sighed and nodded, finally making him let go so I could go to my seat.

I leaned forward in my seat, anxious as I heard the cannon's boom and them all started running into the maze. Please protect him, God, Merlin, Universe, whoever. Please hear me. He needs to be ok. Please. If you're there, Please.

I hate this task. We can't see anything. It's a freaking maze. How are we supposed to see what's happening?!

Krum and Fleur had already been taken out, they both lost. Now, we're waiting for Harry and Cedric. They're taking too long, this can't be good. This can't be good right?

"Mal, relax. It's just a task." Ron put his hand on my knee to get me to stop shaking it.

"Yeah, a dangerous task." I retorted back at him.

"Harry will be fine. He always is."

"I know that. I'm not worried about Harry." I whispered. Mione looked at me and rubbed my back.

"He'll be fine Mal." Ashe assured me.

"Yeah, they'll both be." Ron said.

After a couple more minutes Harry and Cedric suddenly appeared, holding the triwizard cup. Everyone got up off their seats and cheered loudly, but I felt it. I felt something was off.

I got up off my seat and saw Harry sobbing over... no. Please no... over Cedric's body. My vision blurred around me and the only thing I could see was Cedric's body. His eyes are still open. Someone should close his eyes. I shivered as I heard his father scream.

"That's my son! That's my boy!" His father's heartbreaking screams shattered my soul inside.

Everyone and everything moved in slow motion. His father ran to him in slow motion. Harry struggled to hold onto Cedric in slow motion. People screamed in slow motion. And I stood completely still throughout all this. I had no idea what to do. I couldn't see anything, hear anyone, except for Cedric. This is my fault. No. It's not. It can't be. I shivered when I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry baby." Draco tried to pull me close to him but I pushed him away and started running towards Cedric.

Everyone tried to stop me but his father let me through. He wouldn't do that if he knew I just broke his son's heart an hour ago. I knelt over him and moved his hair from his face softly.

"I'm so sorry, Ricky. I'm so sorry." I cried over him and hugged him tightly. He's cold. He was never cold. I saw his father trying to get close and gave Cedric a soft kiss on the cheek and got up to allow his father to grieve. I looked around and grew slightly worried when I no longer saw Harry around. Where did he go?

I felt familiar cold hands on my shoulders and turned around to hug him and cry.

I shouldn't be hugging him. He's the reason I broke Cedric's heart. I'm the reason he died broken-hearted. Why does this always happen? When I care deeply about someone, eventually something bad happens to them. It started with my mom, then with my birth dad, and now with Cedric. I can't drag anyone else down with me.

The realization dawned on me. People die around me.

Cedric. I'm so sorry. Please. I'm sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777 65 30
(This story is kinda like a harry potter and george weasley fanfic put together idrk) Draco Malfoy's twin sister, Liliana, gets re-sorted into Gryffi...
1.3K 26 24
"There is no one I hate more than, Draco Malfoy." * Adrian Pucey's little sister Nova has been in Draco's friend group since 2nd year yet they still...
34.4K 868 35
The war has ended and the Golden Trio has come back to Hogwarts to complete there 7th year, since they missed it while finding Horcruxes in their bat...
716K 15.5K 59
"I know you want me Laurier" he whispered, I lifted my head up and glare at him. With every anger I seethed through gritted teeth, "Fuck you Malfoy"...