earbuds

lotusdotpng által

Everyone at age 18 gets shipped a pair of earbuds. These earbuds help you hear and talk to your soulmate. You... Több

hi!
prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
epilogue
end note

three

7.7K 265 51
lotusdotpng által

I placed my earbuds in my ears and turned them on. "My friends ditched me. Well, technically they didn't. They ditched our conversation." I walked in the door of my class and sat down in the seat I would usually sit in. The two girls followed behind and sat in their seats.

"Things would be easier if you just talked, but you're making this difficult." Opening my backpack, I grab the books out for this class that I needed. "Fine. Don't talk at all." I huff and pull the earbuds out, forgetting to turn them off. I shove them in my pocket and begin to suffer through this class.

xxx

"Shit, I forgot to turn off the earbuds." I mumbled to myself, "Sorry." I said, turning them off, hoping he didn't hear everything, but he probably did, unless he turned his off. He probably turned it off. I want a refund, my mom can just get me another pair of earbuds, right? Like, he can't be my soulmate. There's no way.

"(Y/n)? You good?" Ms. Flame asked, giving me another stack of papers that were already graded. I was in my last two periods, my free periods. I usually hang out in my music class, but today, I decided to hang out with a teacher I had last year. I would doodle little things on my homework and tests and she wanted me to do the same, but on the graded tests and homework. It's a cute little mutual agreement I started at the beginning of the year and her students love them, so I keep doing it.

"Yeah. I got my earbuds yesterday." I huffed, looking at the little stars and planet I drew.

"Oh? How was that? Are they nice?" She asked, intrigued I was even talking. I usually do not talk  when I doodle, I'm not that social hence why I only have Tay and Becca as friends. I'm not super popular at school, just somewhat smart. I can't really get under grade c's since my parents both work under the government and are both extremely smart.

"Uhm. They spoke like two sentences. I don't even think they listen to my rambles. Ah, I'm convinced they don't want to talk to me." I sighed, looking towards the stacked papers that already had doodles on them.

"I'm sure they'll come around. Many soulmates take a bit to come around. I'm sure they're like that too. They'll want to talk eventually. Unfortunately, mine was dead when I turned 18 all those years ago." She looked at me, then continued grading papers.

"Aren't you like-"

"Yeah, I'm only 23, but I won't have another soulmate unless someone else's soulmate dies as well." She says. We fall silent. It's comfortable, but a little weird.

"My condolences." I said, finally. I couldn't imagine putting on my earbuds and my soulmate is dead.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

10.9K 456 20
Just before Dream and George were about to get married, something unexpected happened: George died and is now a ghost, unable to be seen by a single...
121K 5.4K 12
❗The story doesn't follow the original events of the Dream SMP❗ >When a God falls in love with a human< The server is falling apart, Y/n doesn't know...
78.4K 4.3K 22
In a world where you have matching birthmarks with your soulmate, Dream and George weren't soulmates. In fact, they couldn't stand each other. Had D...
47.8K 1.2K 21
[Being Rewritten] "Nothing makes sense in this world. I respawn, no matter how many times I die. It's boring. Other than this boy. He's adorable, kin...