The Fault Line (GxG)

By Dreamondreamer96

Wilder Holt thought she had everything in line. Her goal is to become a fantastic soccer player to be able to... More

1. Good game, girls!
2. Are you okay down there?
3. You're staring
4. She is a bit cocky
5. Good luck, number ten
6. Because you are too beautiful
7. I didn't know what to do with you
8. You are into deep
9. You aren't drunk this time
10, It's the goalkeeper
11. I think I found it
12. You take all your girls up here
13. You need to talk to me
14. Are you okay up there?
15. I like you
16. Are you lost again?
17. I missed you
19. I kinda cried all over you
20. Nico and Nova
21. This is your fault
22. What did I do wrong?
23. What is your problem!
24. We can share?
25. Get out!
26. You said that out loud
27. You weren't supposed to happen
28. You wanted her, Wilder!
29. How slow are you?
30. Sometimes I wish I hadn't met you
31. No, don't overthink now
32. Nico sounds perfect
33. Fine, then take them off
34. Nobody is perfect
35. What should we do?
36. It's over now
37. I can't do this anymore
38. You always look at me
39. I'm not ready
40. It will never be enough

18. You are beautiful

4.6K 239 12
By Dreamondreamer96

"Wilder," I open up my heavy eyelids to the sound of my name being mumbled behind me in bed. I was about to answer but stopped myself as I felt feet placed on my butt and hands on my back.

"You are so warm," Nico said and pushed me away from her. What in the world did just happen. I closed my eyes and tried going back to sleep. But I turned around to face her as she wouldn't stop tossing and turning. 

"How can you be so warm?" She groaned, throwing the duvet of her and shook her t-shirt. 

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"It's like sleeping next to a heater," She said and sat up in bed, continuing to shake her shirt in frustration. She fell back down with a thud and gazed at me with sleepy eyes. Thoughtfully she bites her inner cheeks. I'm not sure what she is thinking, and I am a bit too scared to ask.

"I can't," She sat right back up.

"I can't, Wilder," Nico huffed and started to pull off her t-shirt. My mouth dropped open to the view of her exposed back. Her skin is hugging the muscles underneath; How can someone be so beautiful? Nico turned her head and grinned as she saw me. I realized what I was doing and turned the other way; cheeks on fire, I pull the duvet over my head. This girl is going to be the death of me. She is dangerous, and if only heaven knew what she is doing to me. 

"Wilder," She chuckled, trying to take the duvet off my head. 

"Come on, don't be so shy," Nico mocked me, and I clenched my jaw uncomfortably when she pulled the duvet off my head. I feel like I can't look; it's as if I did something horribly wrong if I do.

"Wilder," She said softly, placing her hand on the side of my cheek, trying to push me in her direction. I open my eyes and stare at her as she smiles down at me. 

"There you are," Nico leaned down and placed her lips onto mine, and as I said if only heaven knew what she is doing to me. She broke us apart and turned around, pulling my hand with her as she placed it on her belly. I swallowed hard by her warmth and the firmness of her muscles underneath my palm. 

"You are so tense," She chuckled, and I rolled my eyes but also took a deep breath. I moved closer to her, holding her tightly in my arms as I buried my face on top of her head. She smells incredible; it's soft and tender, just like how her skin feels against mine.

"That's better," She breathed, laying her hand above mine.

***

Breathing, which once felt so easy, has become one of the most difficult things for my body to handle. That's how it is like around Nico from time to time. Hazel eyes shut closed and mouth partly open as she is far away into her dreamland. Over body exposed for me to see, and as much as I tried not to look, I was not able to stop. I felt like I stepped over a line that I shouldn't have, but she didn't seem to mind last night.

The gray sweatpants embrace her slim waist, her belly slowly moving up and down along the rhythm of her breathing. She is nicely toned with a few moles placed on her skin. But as we move further up to her breast, which is perfectly shaped like the rest of her, I kind of had to hold my breath. The view was too much for me to bear, as it almost felt like I had committed a crime by looking. But how can I not peek when she is so breathtaking. 

Slowly Nico opened her eyes, but as her gaze ended up on me, she smiled brightly right away. I wish I could wake up to that smile every day because I love the warm feeling I get in my chest every time. 

"Hi," She said as a yawn escaped her mouth. 

"Hi," I smiled back.

"Did you sleep well?" She wondered, and I nodded. 

"How long have you been awake?" 

"A little while," I answered her, but then she got this sly smile on her lips. She always does that when she has a cheeky comment to say.

"So, you have been looking at me this entire time?" She teased, and I crinkled my nose but didn't shy away like I usually do. I found myself glancing back down at her half-naked body and reminded myself to breathe.

"As beautiful as you are, how can I not look?" I said, and her whole face fell blank, but then it seemed like sadness crossed her face. 

"I'm sorry," I narrowed my eyes; I think I said something wrong. I thought I didn't, but maybe I did. 

"No," She placed her hand onto my cheek with a tiny smile on her lips.

"That was very sweet, Wilder. I didn't expect you to say that," She said, but that look on her face won't go away. 

"Then why do you look so sad?" I wondered. 

"I am not sad. What you said was adorable, and it warmed," Nico smiled, and I nodded as I understood what she meant.

"At least now I know for sure you think I'm beautiful," She bit her lip, which is cute.

"You are beautiful," I told her, and she smiled this time. 

"You are quite beautiful yourself, number ten," Nico said, and I crinkled my nose to the comment. 

"You are, believe me. The first time we met, I thought I had fallen for you right there then," She placed her hands over her mouth quickly and watched me with wide-open eyes. I furrowed my brows as I cleared my throat. 

"I didn't say it," She said through her hands worriedly. Uncomfortably I sneak out of bed. I was going for the window to look outside, but a picture on the bookshelf drew me in. It's one of Nico and the other girl that I saw in the picture downstairs yesterday.

"Who is that?" I asked, gazing at Nico, who seems quite embarrassed at the moment as she placed her t-shirt back on. The girl looks just like her, which makes it more intriguing, but also confusing.

"Oh," She went out of bed and stood by my side. 

"It's my sister," She said, but that look of sadness caught my attention. 

"Where is she?" I wondered.

"She passed away two years ago," Nico explained.

"I'm sorry," I told her as I can see that it bothers her a lot. 

"You look very alike," I smiled lightly, and it seemed to ease her a little. 

"Yeah, she was my twin. She was going home from the beach but got hit by a car who passed a red light," She bit her lip thoughtfully as she stared at the picture. 

"Her name was Nova, and as much as we looked alike, we weren't," Nico smiled.

"She was calmer, grounded, and hated soccer," She chuckled. 

"Nova preferred the piano, and she had an amazing voice. She was indeed talented, and she was going places, but," She sighed.

"My parents decided to leave and move here for a new start, but it's still very hard," The sunshine of a halo that used to surrender Nico has turned into a dark cloud. She took a deep breath and tried to place a smile on her lips again.

"Well, since I shared that with you, would you like to tell me about your mom?" She asked, clearly avoiding to talk about her sister and pulled me along to the bed to sit down. I don't really want to talk about my mother, but I feel like I have to now since she told me about her sister, which is horrible, though. 

"It's not much to tell, really," I shrugged.

"She left dad and me when I was like seven, but at times she would come back. It could be six months, a year, or two. Each time I hoped she was going to stay, but she always left after a few days," I took a deep breath and noticed how intensely she is looking at me.

"When I was twelve, I found out that the only reason she came back was for either for a roof over her head or money," I shrugged.

"I'm sorry," She laid her hand over mine.

"It's fine really, I have learned to keep her out now," I crinkled my nose to my own words. Thoughtfully Nico narrowed her eyes as she bit her lower lip. 

"It must be awful being left like that each time," She said, but I only shrugged. It's not much to get into. 

"No, Wilder," She laid her hand under my chin to make me look at her. 

"She abandoned you not just once, but multiple times. It must have hurt even if you don't admit it,"

"I'm fine," I said, and she sighed with a tiny smile.

"Okay, I won't push, but I think I know why you are the way you are now," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 236 20
Avery always thought that she had her next five years planned out. Finish college, get a degree in psychology, start working, get back into dating wo...
561K 13.9K 51
The moment where you are at your happiest you could possibly be and it is about to get even better. But then some mistake you made in the past comes...
31.1K 884 42
From best friends to enemies to.... Lovers. Ps. Sensitive issues ahead. Possible trigger warning so read with caution. Thank you by the way!
250K 6K 51
Rose is a college student hoping for a scholarship to play woman's football in America so she can reunite with her father. However, Rose falls for a...