❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| F I F T Y - E I G H T |

3.4K 645 122
By thegirlinstarydreams

She wonders if this is what people call falling in love, 

The desire to be with someone for every minute of the rest of her life so strong that sometimes she is frightened of herself.

***

Nandini's Apartment

Nandini was surfing through some tv channels sitting in the living room in her night pajamas. She was much bored and was not feeling to work and hence she decided watching something but the tv programs were as usual boring her more . With a sigh she switched off the TV and was going to open her laptop to work when her apartment's bell rang . 

She looked at the time and saw it was nearly nine and got confused that who would be at this time . She moved towards the door and opened it revealing Manik stood infront of her with a embarrassed expression with Ruhi beside her and her luggage in his other hand . 

" May we come in ? " Manik asked Nandini as she opened the door , like she was a teacher and he needed to ask permission to enter . 

" Please come in . " Nandini said gesturing both of them inside . Manik nudged Ruhi to walk in , while they walked in Ruhi started observing the home around while Manik just passed a smile at her . 

Nandini closed the door as they entered and then she moved and stood infornt of them with an confused expression . Manik looked at her expression and knew she was confused and hence he said " Ruhi is allergic to cat hair, so she doesn't seem to be able to live in my house anymore . I wonder if it's convenient for you."

Nandini looked at him and then at Ruhi and said " I am alright as long as Ruhi is okay with this . "  

Manik grinned at Nandini and then scooted down till ruhi's height and asked her " Ruhi , would you live at Sister Nandini's house ? " 

Ruhi registered Manik's question and looped her arm onhis shoulder and said " Wherever my boyfriend uncle is , I will be there . " 

Nandini chuckled at her answer while Manik looked at Ruhi with little nervous state and said " Ruhi , It's not convenient for uncle . You just go and sleep with sister Nandini. " 

Manik explained her but Ruhi being Ruhi she just sticked her cheek with Manik's and said " Then I won't stay . " 

Nandini who observed their interaction chuckling a bit she looked at Manik , playing with her hair lightly she said " then why don't you live here too ? " 

" Is it convenient ? " Manik asked her . As soon as Manik asked this Nandini replied without any delay saying " What's the inconvenience ? But you just have to sleep on the sofa ." She said with a chuckle . 

Manik looked at her and then at Ruhi with a smile and said " Okay ."

----

Nandini made Ruhi settled on her bed after making her change and freshen up . Ruhi was looking at her bedroom and saw how well Nandini decorated it with star fairy lights and also some stuff monsters , cats , and teddy's .

Nandini came near Ruhi and forwarded her a teddy saying " Let this sleep with you . " 

Ruhi pouted as keeping the teddy in her lap and said to Nandini " I am six years old , sister . " She showed Nandini her six fingers telling her age and continued " I am not a kid anymore . " 

And saying this she gave the teddy back to Nandini just looked at her with an open mouth thinking what to say this little girl now . She just gave Ruhi a dry chuckle and looked around her bed as it had many stuffs , so she just picked her tablet and said to Ruhi " So you can play with sister's tablet ." 

" Thank you . " Ruhi said smiling at Nandini and took the tablet from Nandini's hand as she gave him after switching it on . 

As Ruhi went through her tablet , Nandini started to pick the stuffs from the bed , as she was picking the stuffs , she heard the voice of a cartoon video going on . She looked at the video which Ruhi was seeing in the tablet was of a cartoon movie , she chuckled lightly and said " Not a kid anymore ? " 

Ruhi watched video while Nandini picked the things Manik would need to sleep . As she picked a blanket , cover and was going to pick one cat pillow form the bed when she said to Ruhi " you watch the video , I will come in a minute ." 

Ruhi kept the tablet down and looked at her and asked " Where are you going ? " 

She smiled at her and with a little mischievous smile she said " I am going to make your Boyfriend's uncle's bed. " 

" I will come with you too . " Ruhi told with her a grin . 

She chuckled lightly and said " I can do it myself , Ruhi . "

Ruhi looked at her and with a stern expression she said " I can't let you and boyfriend uncle stay alone . " 

Nandini chuckled at Ruhi's comment and said " Okay then , please take this pillow for me . " 

Nandini said and passed the cat pillow she had in her hand to her with a smile . Ruhi grinned at her and took the pillow and from Nandini and move down the bed . 

----

Nandini laid the cover on the couch of the living room where Manik was going to sleep and also kept the blanket near the foot side , while Ruhi placed the pillow on the head side with a grin . 

As she kept the pillow , she laid on the couch too feeling the softness of the couch . Nandini smiled at her and asked " Are you going to sleep here ? " 

" No , I am trying to feel that if it is comfortable or not for Boyfriend uncle . " Ruhi said with a grin. 

Nandini smiled and ruffled her hair lightly and said " Ruhi , you are gonna be something when you grow up . " 

Ruhi didn't understand the meaning of Nandini's sentence but chuckle , they were chuckling when they heard the click of bathroom's door open , taking the attention of both the girls .

Manik who came out of the washroom after having a shower . He walked inside wiping his hair with a towel  bare chest , with a another towel wrapped low on his waist , giving a proper show to both the girls . Ruhi just covered her eyes as she saw him , while Nandini turned to the other side trying to calm her burning cheek as Manik just looked hot. 

" eww , why aren't you dressed? There are girls in the room. " Ruhi exclaimed still covering her eyes with her palm . 

Manik who came out of thoughts just looked at himself and then the girls and just moved towards the washroom again muttering a sorry to both of them . 

Ruhi just got down from the couch and rushed upwards to Nandini's bedroom. Nandini smiled sheepishly as Ruhi went upstairs . She then eyed at the washroom door but kept her head down and said " You can come out . She went upstairs."

Manik peeped from the washroom door and looked at Nandini and gave her a sheepish smile and asked " umm , is there any pair of clothes I can wear ? " 

He asked her as he nearly didn't remember that he didn't bought his stuffs to her home before having a shower . She looked at him and gave a little nod . 

She knew that there was a pair of lowers of Cabir she had in her wardrobe as he usually keep his pairs there . And also she had a special thing for him too , so she just gave him a pair of lowers and a t-shirt he could wear . 

Manik came out wearing the lower and t-shirt she gave him and now was stood infornt of Nandini as she was seeing the fitting of the t-shirt she gave him . 

Actually it was a new t-shirt that just got delivered to her .She had customized the shirt for her studio , which had a print of a similar monster like Monster Mani.

" Is this what you just made ? " he asked her looking down at her . 

As she was adjusting the t-shirt , she just grinned and said " this is a new sample from the factory. It will be online in two days." 

Manik smiled at her and then looked at the t-shirt and asked her " Umm.. can I have this one? " 

" Sure ." She grinned at him .

He smiled and looked at her gleaming with happiness which made his heart flutter but he knew she wanted to spend some time with him , but today they didn't got that as he was busy with Ruhi . 

" I am sorry , I didn't spend much time with you today . I will make up an appointment for you another day ." he said with a pout while she just chuckled lightly  and said " It's okay . And to be honest , I was very happy today And Ruhi is very cute , too." 

Manik smiled and let her continued as she had a little mischievous smile on her face as she said " I didn't knew that Doctor Manik is really liked by women of all ages."  

He gave her a light smile and kept his palms on her waist and said " I am not interested in any other one . I just hope to be liked by one person . " 

As he said this , she looked at him and they both had a little eyelock which just got broken when Ruhi said from the railing of the bedroom " Sister Nandini , I want some bedtime stories ." 

They both looked at her and then looked at each other and passed a little smile and Nandini said " I will go up first . " 

He left her waist and nodded at her . While she smiled and whispered to him " good night . "

He smiled at her and whispered back " Sweet dream. " 

She smiled and went upstairs , while Manik just laid down on the couch , which was surely short for his height but he laid comfortably with a smile . 

While Nandini got laid beside Ruhi and asked her " Which story you want to hear ?  Snow White ?" 

Ruhi nodded in no so she asked again "Cinderella ?"

Ruhi nodded in no again , which made Nandini sigh again and she asked " Sleeping Beauty ?"

Ruhi nodded in no again . Nandini looked at her and then asked her " So what do you want to hear ? " 

Ruhi looked at her with a grin and said "I want to listen the love story of Sister Nandini "

As Nandini heard Ruhi , She just went a light shock . She didn't knew what to say and it just resulted that she opened her mouth and closed it like a fish pout.   

Ruhi looked at her and asked " You have never been in love , haven't you ? " 

" How is it possible ? I have been in love for years ."She said .

" Why did you break up later ? " Ruhi asked her . 

Nandini was tongue tied by her question , she didn't knew what to say and hence she tried to divert the topic and said " Let me tell you the story of Little mermaid . " 

Ruhi gave Nandini a disappointed look and said " Too Boring . I don't know why my boyfriend uncle fell in love with you . "

Nandini looked at her and asked " What about you ? Why do you like your boyfriend uncle ? Is it because he looks handsome? " 

Ruhi looked infornt and with a serious demeanor said " it's too superficial { appearing to be true } . I like my boyfriend uncle because he is so considerate . Other aunts and uncles always treat me as a child and ask me to listen to them , but he is the only one who listens to my ideas carefully and willingly and doesn't think I am childish . I am gonna marry him when I grow up ."

Nandini smiled at her and rubbed her arm lightly and said " Then you will have to wait for a long time . " 

" It doesn't matter . I will grow up quickly . " Ruhi grinned saying it . 

Nandini just smiled and said just thinking about herself " In all my life , I have been as brave as you about my feelings ."

" Then you have to work hard . Otherwise you will lose to me. " Ruhi said which only made Nandini chuckle and she said " then I will do my best . " 

Unknown to them their this conversation was heard by Manik who was smiling listening to them till they both drift to sleep and he too let sleep consume him . 

----

The next morning came soon for the people living in Nandini's house . Right now Manik was stood near the kitchen area all ready , while Nandini was looking at Ruhi and adjusting her dress while telling her " Come and play in my house next time , okay? "

" Okay , I will teach you how to do makeup next time." Ruhi said with her innocence . 

Nandini chuckled and said " Pinky Promise." 

She showed her pinky finger to Ruhi , and Ruhi grinned and locked her pinky finger with her . They talked for few minutes more and laughed together where as Manik only adored both of them . 

***

❤ Chapter 58 ❤

How was it . 

Hope you like it . 

I know I am late , but was busy in Diwali's preparation and all.

Precap : I want to stay with you 💖

Will update soon .

Thank you

Stay Safe 

Love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 3.1K 7
A series of short stories, featuring Manik/Parth and Nandini/Niti as protagonists. ❤ List of stories:- 1. A Day With Me (2/2) 2. It's Never Too Late...
131K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...
76.8K 4.8K 62
Manan ff A beautiful game of destiny So this is my first story hope you guys like it This story is about two people who are best friends and did no...
45.8K 3.5K 11
Hi guys this is a short story of our favourite couple manan . This story is about how manan fall in love and support each other in their hard times...