STORE GUY || Haikyu!! (Ukai K...

By jerseynumbernine

You chance upon a handsome man behind the counter as you walk into a random store. You thought it was a one t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

1.9K 69 33
By jerseynumbernine

Your POV

You've been staring at the blank wall for a couple minutes now. Today was the first day of training camp, all the teams stronger than before. You weren't so sure about Karasuno though, they seemed unsynchronized. But you could tell that there were individual improvements, they just haven't gotten used to the changes.

Around you were the same female managers from before, plus a new cute one from Karasuno. They were all fast asleep. Why couldn't you?

No, it's probably the caffeine. You previously guessed it bothered you that you didn't get to talk much to Ukai-kun today. You didn't communicate during the time you were both away from each other, despite him have your number and you having his. When there weren't any matches, he would be coaching Kageyama on his tosses. This made you curious as to why he needed to work on his tosses. His tosses are already perfect from what I've seen. Must be something new.

Wanting to push the thought of him away from your mind, you decided to close your eyes, consciously shutting them till you fall asleep.

You slowly drift into the depth of darkness. Yes, sleep. You intend on escaping your never ending thoughts of him, only to meet him in your dreams. It was good to sleep.

Ting~

So annoying. It was hard to sleep! And just when you were about to, the phone beside you made you jolt back up.

It was yours. Your phone vibrated, so you picked it up from the floor. Your eyes squinted from the brightness of the screen. Once your vision adjusted, your heart couldn't keep up to what your eyes were seeing. There's definitely no way I can go back to sleep now.

Ukai Keishin

Are u awake?

Yesss

Your hands were slightly shaking as you typed in your reply. So, I guess we're texting now. You were smirking under the sheets of your futon. You waited for a minute, then your phone vibrated once again.

This time it wasn't a quick ting, the buzzing didn't end. You quickly take off the covers to stand up, ninja your way across the room, quietly open the door, and nervously answer the incoming call. I guess we're calling now.

"Ukai-kun?"

"Nekomata-chan. Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" The voice on the other end made your ears ring.

"No, not at all. Can't sleep." you placed your arms around you as the breeze was quite cold tonight.

"Me neither. And I remembered something."

"What is it?"

"You owed me a treat."

"What?(!)" So we were texting, then we're calling, and now-

Kamisama, this is too fast.

"You told me to remind you that you would treat me."

"Ohhhhhhhh." In your mind, you were beating yourself for the misunderstanding. "Yes, of course. Wait, you want to go now?"

"I'm kinda hungry but it's okay if-"

"No no, it's totally fine. I'll be down in a minute."

You went back into the room, making sure not to make a sound. You picked out a simple outfit and wore a black coat over it. You grabbed your  phone and wallet, then went outside.

You realized that you didn't plan on a meeting place. You were about to text him but when you made a turn, you spotted him at the bottom of the stairs. He was leaning on the wall, a lighted cigarette in between two fingers.

"Hey!" you said as you walked down the stairs.

Ukai's POV

When I heard her approaching, I quickly put out my cigarette.

"Hey." I replied. "Let's go?"

I was feeling kinda embarrassed for impulsively proposing to get food with (name)-chan at this time, but I really did want to spend some time with her.

I've been working on Hinata and Kageyama's new move. If Kageyama can make a set that gives Hinata some time to decide where to direct the ball HA HA. The others probably think we suck now, but it's not because we're slacking off.

The cigarette butt was still in between my two fingers, which I think is why Nekomata-chan was looking at me expectantly.

"Don't worry, I always put it out when you're around." I say as I hold the cigarette butt up for her to see. Then I threw it in the garbage can we passed by.

"Then i should probably stick around 24/7 so that you'd quit." she says softly.

"What?" I want to hear that again.

"WHAT?!" she says, flustered. She had a light tint on her cheeks.

"What did you just say?" I clarified, now uncertain I heard the right thing.

"Where do you want to eat?" She says looking away from me.

"You can choose. I'm not familiar with the area." I gave her a weak smile.

"Alright then."

🐱🐱🐱

Nekomata-chan was seated across from me in what looked like a regular restaurant. There weren't a lot of people.

"So Ukai-kun, when's your birthday?"

"April 5, 1986." I say as I look through the menu.

"Oh really?"

"When's yours?" Oh wait no. I'm not supposed to ask.

"(Birth month and day), 1989."

"Three year gap? Ain't bad." I smirk.

Your POV

You were all flustered but laughed to hide it. Can he not flirt as a joke? Thank God for the waitress came in just in time. You had no idea how to respond to what he just said. You haven't even recovered from earlier. i should probably stick around 24/7 so that you'd quit, you replay in your mind mockingly. You didn't realize that you had said it loud enough to hear.

You ordered (pick anything Japanese), the menu shielding your face from Ukai's sight. Ukai-kun ordered his Oyakodon. Then, when the waitress was done taking your order she took the shield away from you. You were forced to converse with the man in front of you.

"You should order a drink, Ukai-kun. It's my treat anyway." you offer.

"No, it's fine. I'll just have some water." He declines.

You both had a casual conversation as you waited for the food to arrive.

🐱🐱🐱

"Itadakimasu!" you both say. You didn't dig into your meal right away but instead watched Ukai take his first bite.

He put the tip of the chopsticks into his mouth, he doesn't chew. He looks up at you with wide eyes. You nod your head, smiling like you knew what he was thinking. He removed the chopsticks from his mouth, leaving the food behind and finally devouring it.

"It's so good!" he says after just one taste.

"I know right! I intentionally never bring people here so they won't know about it. You know, to keep the line short."

"And you brought me because?"

Because I like you? "Because you'll be in Miyagi." then you start digging into your own meal.

"Well okay then." he turns back to his food.

🐱🐱🐱

You stood up to pay for your food. Ukai was too full to stand up after his second bowl.

"Oh, your friend already paid Ma'am." the boy tells you.

"Ha? Really?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Oh, okay. Thank you."

You walk back to your table, confused. You sat down, Ukai-kun was at the other end using a toothpick. "Ukai-kun, you payed for the meal?"

"No worries, you shouldn't have to pay." he says casually.

"But it was my treat." you say kind of pouting.

He stands up from his seat then walks to your side. You look up to the man towering over you. Unexpectedly, he pats your head. "Next time then. Let's go?".

There'll be a next time? He makes way for you to get out of your chair. You stand up and give him a smile. "Thank you for the meal, Ukai-kun."

"Thank you for bringing me here, Nekomata-chan." Again, with his deep husky voice.

"Hey Ukai-kun! Have you seen the Tokyo Skytree?"

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's POV

Here we were in front of the Tokyo Skytree, and I was freaking out.

"It's so tall!" I said looking up, both hands on my waistline.

"Yes it is!" the girl beside me said with a close-eyed smile. "Let me take a picture of you Ukai-kun." she offers.

"Alright, thanks!" I give her my phone and she takes a couple of shots. She hands me back my phone and I look through the photos.

"Let's take a selfie!" I suggest.

"U-uh okay." Nekomata-chan stands beside me. I hold my phone up and take some shots, we change poses after every one.

I lower my hand to look through the photos once again. When we were done with the selfies, Nekomata-chan noticeably stepped off from our close stance. I didn't mind it because from the photos, I could see the blush on her soft cheeks.

"Nekomata-san, I'll email them to you." I prepare the message on my phone and hand it over to her to type in her emails address.

🐱🐱🐱

I was looking at the photos again. Nekomata-san was beside me, sleeping. She must be drained, her head was leaning on the side of my arm. Not my shoulder, it was too high up for her head to reach. I couldn't help but notice how soft her hair looked. We were on the bus, now headed back.

In the photo, we were both wearing black outerwear (A/n: like in the photo at the top). We looked great together, it felt great being around her. And I felt some desire to actually be with her. I thought I was just infatuated.

The feeling of her head on my arm felt so pure, so innocent. WTF? Even my graded school essays weren't as poetic as my thoughts right now.

A/n: Sorry for the late update😔🙏 I hope you like it tho! I love you all so much! I love this community, you're all so kind and sweet!💓

And you know what guys?? I wasn't able to see the last 2 new episodes because I was occupied. Then I saw so many SPOILERS. I usually don't mind... but with Haikyu? No, please don't. Like WHAT HAPPENED TO KITA?? HUHUHU. I can't even watch them yet because I still have my exams this week🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
981K 37.1K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
310K 10.8K 50
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
648K 14.5K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.